Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable (19008 Views)

Innocent Chukwuma Innoson's Wife, Masquerade, Others Welcome Him Back In Enugu / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by Vivere: 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
Awoo88:
GTB had released it version of what happened through a third party. Refusing to comment directly. GTB have been doing everything to avoid paying the judgement debt. Efcc goofed big rushing to press and making arrest when for a matter that had already being dismissed by a court. If I my in innocent 's shoe, I will use the press at every turn. Owning the narrative is very important.
Awoo88:
Yet he got a judgment against the GTB and custom!!! And won again on appeal. The very case the police withdrew from.

There are 2 different cases between Innoson and GTB. The 1st one which went all the way to the Supreme court had to do with GTB's excessive interest charges on his account. This was said to have been to the tune of 500 million naira. Innoson asked that the money be paid back to him, with interest. GT is said to have agreed to refund the excess charges, but objected to paying interest. So Innoson went to court, and the case has gone all the way to the Supreme Court.

The 2nd case which EFCC arrested Innoson for, recently; had to do with using forged documents to clear goods imported by Innoson, which were under a lien by GTB, as Innoson took a loan to import those goods from the bank. Now, if it is true that Innoson actually did so surreptitiously, behind the back of the bank, then it is a clear case of fraud. And that was why GTB reported him to EFCC for further action. Can you spot the difference now?
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by eksammy(m): 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
How much did they pay you?

Did you read the article at all?

dafeyankee:
From day 1 I have said it.

This man is a criminal and he knows it. Stop trying to get public sympathy and go the courts to prove your innocence.

And those empty Egg Heads that were rushing to take their money out of GTB, how come you guys are now ashamed to show us pictures of you taking your money back to the bank?

Egg Heads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by arrestdarrester: 2:05am On Dec 30, 2017
brainpulse:
Stacked illitrate go sell spare parts

Charges: formally accuse (someone) of something, especially an offence under law.
"they were charged with assault"
synonyms: accuse of, indict for, arraign for;

an accusation, typically one formally made against a prisoner brought to trial.
"he appeared in court on a charge of attempted murder"
synonyms: accusation, allegation, indictment, arraignment, citation, imputation; More

You are calling me 'illitrate'? And to think I was spending time with someone who cannot spell what he is trying to call me?

By the way you think I am from the East?

Get literate man and do yourself some good.

2 Likes

Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by DedeNkem: 3:23am On Dec 30, 2017
dafeyankee:
From day 1 I have said it.

This man is a criminal and he knows it. Stop trying to get public sympathy and go the courts to prove your innocence.

And those empty Egg Heads that were rushing to take their money out of GTB, how come you guys are now ashamed to show us pictures of you taking your money back to the bank?

Egg Heads.

What made you conclude he's a criminal? Can you provide evidence please?
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by brainpulse: 6:26am On Dec 30, 2017
slineik:

Guy you know nothing about the Akingbola case.
Pls educate us methusela
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by brainpulse: 6:28am On Dec 30, 2017
arrestdarrester:

You are calling me 'illitrate'? And to think I was spending time with someone who cannot spell what he is trying to call me?

By the way you think I am from the East?

Get literate man and do yourself some good.
Don't change the topic dude..you are a caught liar
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by deenee: 7:08am On Dec 30, 2017
Customer80:
GTBank spokesperson why did innoson floor your bank in the law court? Was your statement not part of the issues why they are in court? Sentiments no go kill you

Mr Man....did Innoson get judgment in his favour in the court of law, the answer is yes but you and I both know that our judicial system is very corrupt. Even I with the right connection can secure a court injunction against all the bank's combined. My question is why didn't he go to the CPC of CBN if he is really confident that the charges were genuine. I mean all CBN will do is to directly debit GT's CBN account and pay Innoson directly. I have seen it happen severally. Innoson should stop playing with tribal sentiments because it will hurt his business.
He should also say the truth.
There is a lot that happened in the back ground that you don't know. This is a country where chronic debtors ruin banks and secure court injunction to secure their assets. I know that with due time the truth will come to light about the fraud and he should also produce his junior brother who is a director in his company who has remained at large for three years (the same person that forged the documents used to clear the goods).
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by deenee: 7:11am On Dec 30, 2017
back2sender:

You should ask the law courts, who encourage illegalities during GEJ era.

An era of anything goes, and that's why innoson was winning.

Secondly Gtb did a poor assessment of the issue until they took the pain to visit the ports agencies, shipping lines, to discover the stench of how innoson has robbed them.

Am asking you here;

How did innoson released this shipments from mitsui O.S.K Shipping Lines when the original bill of laden document's is still in the bank's vault.
This man should go and settle with the bank, sentiments will not free him

God bless you for this insight. A lot of ignorant and uninformed people here.

1 Like

Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2017
If you dey ask us....Na who we go ask?

Nairaland is the best online comedy joint I swear grin

nairavsdollars:
We know it's a lie. Magu is a confused idiot. What's the latest about #boycottGTBank?
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by Customer80: 8:23am On Dec 30, 2017
deenee:

Mr Man....did Innoson get judgment in his favour in the court of law, the answer is yes but you and I both know that our judicial system is very corrupt. Even I with the right connection can secure a court injunction against all the bank's combined. My question is why didn't he go to the CPC of CBN if he is really confident that the charges were genuine. I mean all CBN will do is to directly debit GT's CBN account and pay Innoson directly. I have seen it happen severally. Innoson should stop playing with tribal sentiments because it will hurt his business.
He should also say the truth.
There is a lot that happened in the back ground that you don't know. This is a country where chronic debtors ruin banks and secure court injunction to secure their assets. I know that with due time the truth will come to light about the fraud and he should also produce his junior brother who is a director in his company who has remained at large for three years (the same person that forged the documents used to clear the goods).

unintelligent thrash

1 Like

Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by Nasir123(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2017
Awoo88:

GTB had released it version of what happened through a third party. Refusing to comment directly. GTB have been doing everything to avoid paying the judgement debt. Efcc goofed big rushing to press and making arrest when for a matter that had already being dismissed by a court. If I my in innocent 's shoe, I will use the press at every turn. Owning the narrative is very important.
Well!
Let's wait for the outcome in court.
After all, we'll all learn from this event.

I wish him well.
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
brainpulse:
Are you OK sir?

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has filed a fraud charge against Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, alias Innoson, his company Innoson Nigeria Limited and his brother Charles Chukwuma.

Founder and chairman of Nigeria’s automobile company, Innoson Motors, Innocent Chukwuma.
The charge was dated 30 November, 2017 and filed at a Lagos High Court.

In the case, the EFCC is accusing Innoson of obtaining containers of motorcycles spare parts by false pretences between 2009 and July 2011 in Lagos, ‘with intent to defraud.

The goods, said to be property of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, were allegedly obtained from Mitsui O.S.K Lines Limited in Apapa .

The anti-graft agency claims that Innocent Chukwuma and Charles Chukwuma, “with intent to defraud induced the staff of Mitsui O.S.K and Maersk Line Limited to deliver”, to them through their clearing agents, the motor cycle spare parts, moulds of spare parts and steel structures and raw materials called polyvinlchlorid, imported from China.

The charge said the accused falsely pretended that they were authorised by GTB to clear the goods and take delivery of them.

EFCC had on Tuesday arrested Innoson in Enugu, stirring some controversy that the arrest bore some ethnic motive and that the agency should not have waded into a dispute between GTB and the businessman.

Central to this was the story was that the parties were engaged in a dispute over illegal deductions from Innoson’s accounts by the GTB, with Innoson claiming that the bank was indebted to him and his company to the tune of billions of naira. In press and TV interviews, he said he had gotten judgement at both lower and appelate courts and that the GTB has an appeal at the Supreme Court.

GTB responded tersely that it would not join issues with the businessman as the issues between them are in the court.

The EFCC in releasing Innoson on bail Wednesday, explained that he was arrested after he refused to honour invitations by the Commission. He had been arrested by the commission before and granted administrative bail. But he reneged on the bail and his surety could also not be found.

The agency said Innoson and his brother, Charles Chukwuma (who is still at large), were being investigated by the Insurance and Capital Market Fraud Section of the Commission’s office in Lagos over matters bordering on N1.47billion fraud and forgery and other infractions. He was also alleged to have used forged documents to secure tax waivers.

‘Unfortunately the industrialist resisted arrest and stirred controversy by bringing six truck-loads of thugs to block the entrance to his Plot W1, Industrial Layout, Abakaliki Road, Emeni, Enugu, home.

”This was after he initially misled the Police Command by informing them that his home had been invaded by armed robbers and kidnappers despite the fact that operatives of the Commission duly identified themselves to policemen guarding his home.

”His unruly thugs encircled and manhandled operatives of the Commission who had gone to effect the arrest.

“Consequently, a distress call was sent to the Commission’s Enugu Office for reinforcement.

`’In all of this, the Commission’s operatives acted with decorum and civility.

”No one was manhandled or assaulted by the EFCC team, and not a single shot was fired, despite the provocation.

don't be dumb!!! which court? the EFCC did a press release and photo op without going to court.The charges are yet to be filed before any court of law
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2017
brainpulse:
So in your dumb head you choose to believe Innoson not EFCC, papers etc. Am I talking to a nursery student?
So if a case is not filed in any court, why do you call it "charges".
GO read nursery songs, the case at the Supreme is different from this one.

bros please which court did the EFCC file the charges?
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by Vivere: 8:57pm On Dec 30, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
don't be dumb!!! which court? the EFCC did a press release and photo op without going to court.The charges are yet to be filed before any court of law

EFCC filed charges against Innoson in November, at a Lagos high court. The fact that he has been dodging, making it difficult for them to serve him with the papers, does not mean the case has not been filed! Or did the court registrar say the case has not been filed?

Breaking: EFCC files fraud charge against Innoson | 24 DEC 2017

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has filed a fraud charge against Mr. Innocent Chukwuma, alias Innoson, his company Innoson Nigeria Limited and his brother Charles Chukwuma.

The charge was dated 30 November, 2017 and filed at a Lagos High Court. In the case, the EFCC is accusing Innoson of obtaining containers of motorcycles spare parts by false pretences between 2009 and July 2011 in Lagos, ‘with intent to defraud.

The goods, said to be property of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, were allegedly obtained from Mitsui O.S.K Lines Limited in Apapa . The anti-graft agency claims that Innocent Chukwuma and Charles Chukwuma, “with intent to defraud induced the staff of Mitsui O.S.K and Maersk Line Limited to deliver”, to them through their clearing agents, the motor cycle spare parts, moulds of spare parts and steel structures and raw materials called polyvinlchloride, imported from China.

The charge said the accused falsely pretended that they were authorised by GTB to clear the goods and take delivery of them.

EFCC had on Tuesday arrested Innoson in Enugu, stirring some controversy that the arrest bore some ethnic motive and that the agency should not have waded into a dispute between GTB and the businessman.

Central to this was the story was that the parties were engaged in a dispute over illegal deductions from Innoson’s accounts by the GTB, with Innoson claiming that the bank was indebted to him and his company to the tune of billions of naira. In press and TV interviews, he said he had gotten judgement at both lower and appellate courts and that the GTB has an appeal at the Supreme Court.

GTB responded tersely that it would not join issues with the businessman as the issues between them are in the court.

The EFCC in releasing Innoson on bail Wednesday, explained that he was arrested after he refused to honour invitations by the Commission. He had been arrested by the commission before, and granted administrative bail. But he reneged on the bail and his surety could also not be found.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/breaking-efcc-files-fraud-charge-innoson/amp/
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by lazygal: 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
zero8zero:
Nurshah i found you out. why trying to be cunning? lol.

What are you trying to insinuate ? Iam sorry but I refuse to drag issues with you.
Re: Innocent Chukwuma: EFCC's Fraud Charges Against Me Is Laughable & Pitiable by zero8zero(m): 10:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
lazygal:

What are you trying to insinuate ? Iam sorry but I refuse to drag issues with you.
There is no issue here, just try & be calm. I know you have a decent & good moral background, nonetheless, you should learn to give people a chance, you just never know. I'm not asking for too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 / Ogbete Market: Enugu Government Unhappy With Breach In NCDC Guidelines / Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.