Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? (36917 Views)

What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? / Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta / Eating Of Placenta | Why Or Why Not | 3 Awesome Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by clems88(m): 10:15am On Nov 21, 2019
OP you almost made me throw up the food I'm eating. angry which one be eating up placenter angry take ya time

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by raymondele86(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2019
iAudio:
Deuteronomy 28:57-59 New King James Version (NKJV)

I've read it and there was no mention of placenta...
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Charleys: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2019
Where I come from, we use it to plant a tree.

So you can look at that tree and know. It is fruitful.

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2019
raymondele86:

I've read it and there was no mention of placenta...
are you sure you read NKJV? (New king James Version)
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Asquare84(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

My dear, if you understand the makeup of th placenta, youll not be having headache over how to dispose of it. It is a waste products. Let stop attaching spiritual and traditional beliefs to such things.

This thing is mear tissues which is formed as soon as an egg is released to protect it and feed the foetus incase its fertilized by a spematozoa. This is what crushes down and comes out as menses when the egg did not get fertilized cos no foetus to feed it becomes a waste.

Same thing happens when the foetus is done feeding on it and is born, it becomes yet a waste crumbles down and should be disposed anyway you want it but definitely not in a dustbin cos that thing can smell for Africa as its made up of dead tissues.

There are not spiritual implication to this as people commonly believe cos It has no life in it! Its the mother and baby that have a life that you should worry about how to safeguard them. Not some dead bag of food. So no fears.

Flush it.
Burn it if you can stand the stench or bury it. Nothing special.

I think I believe in this
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24am On Nov 21, 2019
If it is nutritious , it should be eaten .
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Jabioro: 10:29am On Nov 21, 2019
paix:
You didn't answer the OP. What you're saying is like telling someone to be rich, it doesn't matter how the riches come. What matters is to be rich.
Utilize the word "dispose" you get the answer..to the OP question..
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Geesaintagape: 10:39am On Nov 21, 2019
After delivery placenta is100% useless to the baby or mother.
After delivery discard it the way u want.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Orpe7(m): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2019
HIbreed:
Some celebrity mums eat their own placenta, the practise is called Plancetophagy. Beyonce is the latest instance

Kim Kardashian ate hers
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Bigii(m): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Whatever that rocks d boat.

Fine babe. kiss
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by midnighter(f): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2019
Charleys:
Where I come from, we use it to plant a tree.

So you can look at that tree and know. It is fruitful.

That's nice smiley
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2019
iAudio:

This was part of the consequences for those who disobey the law of moses. It was like a prophecy on what will happen to them if they refuse to obey the law of Moses, which actually came to pass in 2 Kings 6:29, where women began to boil their children to eat
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by RillJ(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2019
Nothing to do with the recommendation that the placenta should be eaten. Go and read the chapter again.
iAudio:

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by sunshineV(f): 10:51am On Nov 21, 2019
hakym619:

31k? �

Use it to play 2 odd den come back
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by paix(m): 10:51am On Nov 21, 2019
Jabioro:
Utilize the word "dispose" you get the answer..to the OP question..
The OP wants to know HOW to go about it. How do you dispose of it? What is the RIGHT way? Not just to dispose of it!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by FemolasticA: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Read; Deuteronomy 28:57
And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear, for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thz gates. Read vs 58 strong words there
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by okomile(f): 11:02am On Nov 21, 2019
DonCaxton:

Grandma. Much respect ma.

Tks sir grin

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by kellynexx007(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2019
don't quote what you don't know, did read very well that those verses were curses......read the entire deutronomy 28. before you starts misleading people with your useless quote of eating placenta.
iAudio:

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by praiseneo(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2019
But what will happen if you don't dispose them I wanna learn
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2019
Omonigeriarere:
I know cultures differ about the subject matter. But is there any conventional way of handling placenta? Is there any repercussion that follows outright burning or burying it?

Most cultures prefer burying it while others prefer burning. I latter realised that some White's cultures even tolerate eating it up as it is very nutritional.

Please express your empirical view/thinking here and let's learn together.

Watching out for verifiable responses from 'experienced father's/mothers all the way from the apex part of Okro tree where I am enjoying myself here.

Its okay to dispose of it using any method u want
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by AuroraB(f): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Burning and burying are both wrong..
It should be eaten.
Mbok, by who
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Jabioro: 11:22am On Nov 21, 2019
paix:
The OP wants to know HOW to go about it. How do you dispose of it? What is the RIGHT way? Not just to dispose of it!!!!!
If burnt,if buried and if ate all amounted to ,"dispose" What elaboration do you needed again .
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by kolawo(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2019
Burying, burning, or eating the placenta. any of it goes, but I've always believed that the culture of every environment must be respected especially in scenario like this, so that one would not be an outcast overnight.

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by AuroraB(f): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2019
AudioMonkey:
Eat am na, you sef don talk say e dey nutritious. undecided

Most important thing is disconnecting it from the baby properly and making sure the umbilical cord cut/wound on the baby is well taken care off, whatever happens to the placenta itself is not very relevant, it's just the usual exaggerated superstitious shiit, especially among blacks. All the days, our forefathers don dey bury placenta like sacred object, like say tomorrow no dey, has that improved Nigeria ecomony or lives of individual Nigerians?
If you keep the placenta of a Nigerian pikin inside a bank vault or museum, e no still mean say e no go later hawk pure water or gala under bridge, and if you hand over the placenta of oyinbo pikin to the most dreaded village people, e no mean say him no go enjoy him life like VIP. Even juju sef dey look face.

Stop paying too much attention to trivial things.
Don't cremate a placenta, it's not the dead body of your grandfather, just make sure you collect am from the hospital and bury it in a safe place, it will decompose in no time. As simple as that.
I agree but not on collecting it. If one live one can't get access to a bare ground, what do you suggest? There are hospitals taking delivery of over 15 births a day. You think they got time for the insinuating mendacity all over this thread?
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 21, 2019
kellynexx007:
don't quote what you don't know, did read very well that those verses were curses......read the entire deutronomy 28. before you starts misleading people with your useless quote of eating placenta.
you would have been appreciated if you had corrected me than the insult. Therefore it will not be said that you are better than the one who posted the "useless quote"
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by paix(m): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2019
Jabioro:
If burnt,if buried and if ate all amounted to ,"dispose" What elaboration do you needed again .
Does your culture permit you to eat it? If yes, suggest it to the OP, simple.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by ikorodureporta: 11:36am On Nov 21, 2019
How do u burn what is wet? Na to cook am chop Berra,.. or else let's ask D.K.Olukoya

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Enekwechikc(m): 11:42am On Nov 21, 2019
mind u DAT ritualist spend about #500;000 to get this priced asset, so never for any reason live it wit the hospital. dispose on a pit toilet.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Jabioro: 11:43am On Nov 21, 2019
paix:
Does your culture permit you to eat it? If yes, suggest it to the OP, simple.
I don't know if understanding is your problem..just take the one of your culture..
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by netmillionaires(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2019
Kokoebapluse:
Yoruba call placental IBI which means bad.

Sorry! This translation is wrong. Yoruba language has tone (Amin Ohun). The IBI in the case of placenta means SOMETHING BORN WITH and not EVIL. The mark above the letters determines how the word is pronounced.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / COVID-19: Nigeria Adds Two Laboratories For Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.