Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? (36887 Views)

What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? / Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta / Eating Of Placenta | Why Or Why Not | 3 Awesome Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by netmillionaires(m): 11:50am On Nov 21, 2019
ikorodureporta:
How do u burn what is wet?
Na to cook am chop Berra,.. or else let's ask D.K.Olukoya

Haba! dem dry burn suya too na. Just place it on a metal mesh or claypot with holes and set it on burning coal. It will dry up and turn to ashes.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by muyinet: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
Wetin oyinbo dey do with their pikin placenta?

Talk about how do you own...stop worshiping the oyinbos...stop using them as your standard in all things. Oyinbo's culture is important to them...let your own culture too be important to you.

Your culture is your identity...don't lose your identity.

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:56am On Nov 21, 2019
we bury it in our side o
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by 1Sharon(f): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
DonCaxton:
Not wrong.
Whatever you do, collect the placenta and destroy it, either by burning, burying, or even flushing it down the toilet.
I have observed a sort of reluctance by Nurses in giving the placenta to parents immediately after delivery, until there is a firm demand for it. That should raise suspicion as to their intentions, and how important the placenta is.
Fact is, we don't want to know what they want to do with it. Err on the side of caution, retrieve it and do ensure that it is the placenta and not just some chunk of meat tied up in a polythene bag and handed to you.
Please don't leave it with hospitals, with the promise that they will dispose of it for you. Collect it and destroy, decimate, obliterate, extinguish, crush it yourself!

For high scores in IELTS, send a mail to editus dot ng at gmail dot com. A competent private tutor will respond immediately. Don't take that exam more than once.

Paranoid superstitious buffoon.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Cmeo(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
I donated my son placenta for medical research in a USA hospital bcoz there was a safe option to do that, but flush it down the toilet for my daughter that was given birth in Nigeria. Another reason Nigeria needs to up her research for human development.

4 Likes

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
My placenra still dey o, no be joke and it's well preserved and I don't even know why
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Estellie: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
Valwezzy:
Eating your placenta? lipsrsealed

What the F##k!

Anyways, burn it, then pack the Ashes and bury it. grin.
Haa grin

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
1Sharon:

Paranoid superstitious buffoon.
Wow...wow.

Why the abuses?
If you have points to counter my assertions, why don't you state them?
Doesn't this show who the empty buffoon is between us?

Bless you sister. Hope you find peace.
Your kids are beautiful, by the way.

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by KenMosi: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
4 bedroom bungalow mansion for SALE in ONITSHA.Asking price is 16 million naira, call/chat with the owner on whatsapp via 09032290584 to get more details and pictures of the house.

The house is a 4 mansion bungalow, it has 2 sitting rooms, all the bedrooms has toilet/bathroom, it has a big kitchen with store, the bigger sitting room has a toilet, the compound has 3 block dog cages and a parking store and generator house with an overhead tank.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by davidque: 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
suco01:

If it is buried properly, no rodent/animals can sniff it and dig it up
I guess you haven't seen dogs that can dig over a meter depth! Maybe 6ft deep is what you mean by proper burying. Bro in other for you to have rest of mind just burn it or flush it where no one can get to. For me, i flushed my childrens placement in my toilet, cos i know that no 1 is going to come open my soak away, actually its my house
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Depressed101: 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
What should be done if not to be buried or burned?
I'd suggest burning it will be a better idea.
seconded burnt to ashes
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by suco01(m): 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
davidque:

I guess you haven't seen dogs that can dig over a meter depth! Maybe 6ft deep is what you mean by proper burying. Bro in other for you to have rest of mind just burn it or flush it where no one can get to. For me, i flushed my childrens placement in my toilet, cos i know that no 1 is going to come open my soak away, actually its my house

I still maintain it that it is not buried properly... before it is buried, it should be placed in a clay pot, covered and buried not just open the ground, dump and covered... Gracias
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by quickly: 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
Wetin oyinbo dey do with their pikin placenta?
Na hospital go throway am.

Eat wet in? When meat never finish for market
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by holluphemydavid(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
very informative
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by MrBONE2(m): 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
Valwezzy:
Eating your placenta? lipsrsealed

What the F##k!

Anyways, burn it, then pack the Ashes and bury it. grin.

That is how we used to do it at KiVuKi Land grin
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Enemyofpeace: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Very nutritious. Most parents do not know this. Ns chop We dey chop am for our place o and e sweet die when fried
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by BlackBovi: 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Omonigeriarere:
I know cultures differ about the subject matter. But is there any conventional way of handling placenta? Is there any repercussion that follows outright burning or burying it?

Most cultures prefer burying it while others prefer burning. I latter realised that some White's cultures even tolerate eating it up as it is very nutritional.

Please express your empirical view/thinking here and let'slearn together .

Watching out for verifiable responses from 'experienced father's/mothers all the way from the apex part of Okro tree where I am enjoying myself here.

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by johnad3(m): 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
Since we will go back to the ground being bury, so why burning placenta? By burning placenta, we have act against the spirit of the ground
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nostradamus: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kokoebapluse:
According to Yoruba believe placental is very powerful and connect to destiny of the child if enemies get access to placental of a child they can use it in wicked way to against the child, eg if dog ate placental that belong to female child such girl will be a great prostitute when she grow up, so Yoruba culture will protect that placental by all means, and Yoruba call placental IBI which means bad thing so they believe that bad thing follow the child and they have to bury the placental so the bad things will stop following the child, that is Yoruba believe,
one of the shitty superstitions afflicting the black man.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by newoffer: 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
na yoruba spiritualize this things
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by mrdino(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
iAudio:
Deuteronomy 28:57-59 New King James Version (NKJV)

Do not misquote the scripture, the scripture your just quoted is not relevant to the topic. For further clarification, read the new English translation.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2019
mrdino:

Do not misquote the scripture, the scripture your just quoted is not relevant to the topic. For further clarification, read the new English translation.
ok
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by healthserve(m): 3:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
davidque:

Now let me shock you

The placenta is like what is called the ikeji omo. Or the abo ba ku or the original person

The origin human and its placenta are not supposed to be in same proximity throughout a lifetime

Trust me. I know severe consequences of man handling the placenta and what it can be used for. Both wickedly and otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by healthserve(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
suco01:

I still maintain it that it is not buried properly... before it is buried, it should be placed in a clay pot, covered and buried not just open the ground, dump and covered... Gracias

That keeps it alive than destroyed.which if it falls into wrong hands, I pity such a human being
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by suco01(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
healthserve:

That keeps it alive than destroyed.which if it falls into wrong hands, I pity such a human being

u sha wan make sense but you are not making any. once the clay pot is buried, it is faster to decompose to sand/soil than it buried alone...
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by healthserve(m): 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
suco01:

u sha wan make sense but you are not making any. once the clay pot is buried, it is faster to decompose to sand/soil than it buried alone...

I hear you. You not heard there are people with third eye wey dey scan sha. Smh. E ni to ba to kan lo ma.

Bye
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by owila4luv(m): 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
is best to bury in safe place very close to you, so nothing digs it up. too many Oloshos today is as a result of dog eating there placenta that was kept carelessly, it is blived dat wen dog eat a baby's placenta they tend to be either a womanizer or Olosho as the case may be #fact wink

2 Likes

Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by LandOwners: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
ikorodureporta:
How do u burn what is wet?
Na to cook am chop Berra,.. or else let's ask D.K.Olukoya

My dear,, I'm laughing at the people saying burn it.
When I had my son, I tried burning the placenta for three good days.
The thing refused to burn. there is no tactics that I didn't apply to burn this thing, yet it refused burning.
The blood on it was just too much.

I had to dig a big hole and bury it jareee
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by LandOwners: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
netmillionaires:

Haba! dem dry burn suya too na. Just place it on a metal mesh or claypot with holes and set it on burning coal. It will dry up and turn to ashes.

Lol
I laugh you.
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by ndcide(m): 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
DonCaxton:
Not wrong.
Whatever you do, collect the placenta and destroy it, either by burning, burying, or even flushing it down the toilet.
I have observed a sort of reluctance of Nurses in giving the placenta to parents immediately after delivery, until there is a firm demand for it. That should raise suspicion as to their intentions, and how important the placenta is.
Fact is, we don't want to know what they want to do with it. Err on the side of caution, retrieve it and do ensure that it is the placenta and not just some chunk of meat tied up in a polythene bag and handed to you.
Please don't leave it with hospitals, with the promise that they will dispose of it for you. Collect it and destroy, decimate, obliterate, extinguish, crush it yourself!

For high scores in IELTS, send a mail to editus dot ng at gmail dot com. A competent private tutor will respond immediately. Don't take that exam more than once.

How do you burn it
Re: Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? by chewwie(m): 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2019
Feed it to your dog, it'll appreciate it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Think Will Be The After Effect Of COVID-19 On Many Countries? / Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) / Francis Megwa, Nigerian Doctor Who Knew ‘Near Nothing’ Faces Panel In Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.