Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Irony Of Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Irony Of Religion? (758 Views)

The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools / Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irony Of Religion? by Serial48(f): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2017
I know it's a very poor country and the statistics don't lie about job scarcity and daily wages. But is it coincidental that those who are deeply religious, those who pray in public transport, like the one I'm in right now, seem like the ones who suffer the most? Like the poorest of the poor?

And their Heavenly Father is stupendously wealthy! The irony. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Irony Of Religion? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2017
Serial48:
I know it's a very poor country and the statistics don't lie about job scarcity and daily wages. But is it coincidental that those who are deeply religious, those who pray in public transport, like the one I'm in right now, seem like the ones who suffer the most? Like the poorest of the poor?

Because they have been promised heaven after they die by the pastor who is living in heaven right now - grin

4 Likes

Re: Irony Of Religion? by Troblem(m): 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2017
smiley

religion,slavery,cooked-up education,Democracy etc has long being used to condition men from this part of the world.

But Religion amongs the rest is the most effective of them all.

Here the chain is is Hope which leads to faith which leads you back to Hope lol and the merry keep going round,it evidence in ppl we interact with daily.mostly poor ppl,

We most understand that humans are creature of emotion void of logic...

Fear is Religions' best friend,the devil(ofcos there is no such thing) doesnt trive on fear,Religion does.
Why are careless ppl more financialy stable that religion folks.

Tell u what,successful ppl are nt more religious than you bt it resonance more to the gulible minds if the attribute success(another form slavery)to any deity.

The only things there realy is are CHOICE AND CONTROL bt one superccdd the other n it nt a choice.

1 Like

Re: Irony Of Religion? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 30, 2017
Serial48:

What exactly is your point ma?
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Serial48(f): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2017
plavic:

What exactly is your point ma?

Read with a clear head you'd surely get the point
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
Serial48:

Read with a clear head you'd surely get the point
smh
Re: Irony Of Religion? by 2elliot: 6:20pm On May 09, 2022
Serial48:

The Bible has said that it is easier frta camel to pass through the hole of needle than a rich man to pass through it. That holds true. And besides, satan is the god of this world and he gave riches to those he likes and would do his bidding.
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On May 09, 2022
Serial48:

Ignorance is what religion is really built on, not God's Truth. undecided
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 09, 2022
Very correct

Because they have been promised heaven after they die by the pastor who is living in heaven right now - grin
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On May 09, 2022
2elliot:
The Bible has said that it is easier frta camel to pass through the hole of needle than a rich man to pass through it. That holds true. And besides, satan is the god of this world and he gave riches to those he likes and would do his bidding.
In the same Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30, Jesus Christ said that all those who abandon everything to follow Him will have reward here on earth and in Heaven. undecided

Satan has nothing to do with the situation here. It is instead that the minds of people have been ravaged by lies sold them in the name of God by men who claim to be pastors and mogs. undecided
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:45pm On May 09, 2022
Serial48:

Yep!

They think that by their vehement preaching, they can bribe God into making them billionaires! grin
Re: Irony Of Religion? by 2elliot: 7:13pm On May 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In the same Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30, Jesus Christ said that all those who abandon everything to follow Him will have reward here on earth and in Heaven. undecided

Satan has nothing to do with the situation here. It is instead that the minds of people have been ravaged by lies sold them in the name of God by men who claim to be pastors and mogs. undecided
Satan has everything to do with the situation here. He has been given that power by God.
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On May 09, 2022
2elliot:
Satan has everything to do with the situation here. He has been given that power by God.
Power to do what? undecided

Read Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 where God says He will give riches here to those who abandon all they have and Iove for His sake. Is that Satan saying that or God? undecided
Re: Irony Of Religion? by Maynman: 11:14pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Power to do what? undecided

Read Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 where God says He will give riches here to those who abandon all they have and Iove for His sake. Is that Satan saying that or God? undecided

That verse doesn’t correlate with what you said, and it was Jesus that was talking. Was it God or Jesus that got tempted by Satan?

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze’s Fiancée, Benedicta Got Pregnant For Him While still With Husband. / There Is Something The Bible Is Not Telling Us / How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.