Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,274 members, 7,954,084 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University (49059 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Lecturer Stands On A Table To Invigilate During Exam In A Private University / Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
asdfjklhaha:

I can't view my pms that's the problem I've been having with this pm of a thing

Awwwe OK swirry
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by DrayZee: 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
dtribunal:

This guy nah in u dey make mouth...u just gain admission recently...

So if u rejected uniport admission in 2016 or 2017 that means u should be in 100level or 200level..
Baba better face ur studies and stop saying bullshit..this debate is not for u..

You have earned no right in this debate...read comments and learn..
Lol.
Have you read the comments. While we're giving acute responses, you guys start insulting the universities and their lecturers. And those are the kind of people you want me to learn from.
Maybe I'd have ignored the thread if you 'elders' had provided objective points, instead of throwing shades at private university students.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by dtribunal: 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2018
DrayZee:

Lol.
Have you read the comments. While we're giving acute responses, you guys start insulting the universities and their lecturers. And those are the kind of people you want me to learn from.
Maybe I'd have ignored the thread if you 'elders' had provided objective points, instead of throwing shades at private university students.

Lol this guy!!!...

Even in senate meetings and most prolific scientific communities "shades are being thrown"...so that's not an excuse...if ur goal is to take salient points...good for u...but if it is to make presumptions statements obviously out of INEXPERIENCE good for u too..

Right now ur primary focus should be about self development and education not the school... and don't come here and give flawed statements about schools.... U hear me..FRESHER!!!
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by DrayZee: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2018
dtribunal:

Lol this guy!!!...

Even in senate meetings and most prolific scientific communities "shades are being thrown"...so that's not an excuse...if ur goal is to take salient points...good for u...but if it is to make presumptions statements obviously out of INEXPERIENCE good for u too..

Right now ur primary focus should be about self development and education not the school... and don't come here and give flawed statements about schools.... U hear me..FRESHER!!!
Don't seek to inform me about self development. Unlike the attackers, I know my purpose for being in school. I know that it's what you do with your time that matters.
But take a look at the OP and his subordinates. You think someone focused on self development would sit down to attack other people's chosen institutions, just because he realized that his is inadequate?
I'm inexperienced, but I've been in both public and private universities. Meanwhile, you guys stand outside and make assumptions out of baseless hate. So who really is the one making a 'presumptuous statement'?
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by dtribunal: 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
DrayZee:

Don't seek to inform me about self development. Unlike the attackers, I know my purpose for being in school. I know that it's what you do with your time that matters.
But take a look at the OP and his subordinates. You think someone focused on self development would sit down to attack other people's chosen institutions, just because he realized that his is inadequate?
I'm inexperienced, but I've been in both public and private universities. Meanwhile, you guys stand outside and make assumptions out of baseless hate. So who really is the one making a 'presumptuous statement'?

See ure still presumptuous...
Can u tell for a certain that i haven't had the experience of both public and private universities??

Guy, everything depends on how u look at it...opinion at d end is all that matters to every individual.. Not truth..because no one knows what it is....lol

U defend what u believe others defend what they believe..at that point hate is not baseless..

Just take it easy...I noticed u made emphasis on the 'presumptuous statement"...just to point out the spelling error...lol...anyways thanks...it was a typographical mistake...

Have a nice time in school...and keep being "focused".
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by SammieJayh(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
KelvinC1:
I know two graduates of covenant university, their mum is my lecturer currently in UniJOS here. They can't even send them, they are always shy and can't price anything.. Their mum always send me to get everything for them so from there as a sharp guy I go get my own share too.. No dull moments with me bro.. Na final year things 400L..
Bros fed uni better pass..
Those two guys can't even take care of the house when the mum travel.. Na me them dey always call.. I dey even command them sef..

And you blame their school for their introversion and dumbness?

I've met public school undergraduates too who can't speak for themselves...

BTW, why did their lecturer mum at UNIJOS send them to covenant university?
Why not Unijos, OAU or unilag?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by saipn: 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
Sexting:

Another post that could only have been done by a product of a failed public school, check the 2017 statistics of the university with the most employable graduates then come back, please bring verifiable information don't just smoke whatever it is you smoke and start typing gibberish.
mumu so u don't know sarcasm?
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2018
HLion:
Well am a 100 level student in Afe Babalola University.. And I must say... I feel as if am in secondary school part 2 ...but the school has enough equipments for practicals though
It wasn't always like that tho. . .things really went downhill after 2015
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by HLion(m): 11:30am On Jan 28, 2018
AnonyNymous:

It wasn't always like that tho. . .things really went downhill after 2015
Lol so i heard
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2018
HLion:

Lol so i heard
What department are you in, though?
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by HLion(m): 1:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
AnonyNymous:

What department are you in, though?
Mechanical engineering..what about you?
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
HLion:

Mechanical engineering..what about you?
Ahh, so you're in engineering sef. I'm in civil engineering. 400L. I heard school is getting worse noe tho. I'm on 6 months IT.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by HLion(m): 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Ahh, so you're in engineering sef. I'm in civil engineering. 400L. I heard school is getting worse noe tho. I'm on 6 months IT.
Mad o!..Yes o...very messed up
can i have your whatsapp number?
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
HLion:

Mad o!..Yes o...very messed up
can i have your whatsapp number?
Yeah, sure. Edit the number out of your post once you see this
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by HLion(m): 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Yeah, sure. Edit the number out of your post once you see this
Thanks...Guy Abuad na scam!
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
HLion:

Thanks...Guy Abuad na scam!
Shhhhh grin grin we're in public. . .all universities in Nigeria are 'packaging'. But we're both going to be alumni some day. cheesy So its best to just make do with what we have now and contribute what we can after we've graduated to 'hype' our school's name.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by 4kings: 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Shhhhh grin grin we're in public. . .all universities in Nigeria are 'packaging'. But we're both going to be alumni some day. cheesy So its best to just make do with what we have now and contribute what we can after we've graduated to 'hype' our school's name.
Na so... shocked tongue grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by HLion(m): 1:43pm On Jan 28, 2018
AnonyNymous:

..Lol Naso
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
4kings:

Na so... shocked tongue grin
Yeeee grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by bitrade: 1:26am On Mar 06, 2019
AnodaIT:
Pls is there any private university that doesn't treat adults like kids
No matter the cost, I want to recommend for my nephew

The father says he is training him to be a manager, that the rules of private schools would not help his pikin in independent decision making
Igbinedion University
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by CodeTemplar: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
KelvinC1:
I know two graduates of covenant university, their mum is my lecturer currently in UniJOS here. They can't even send them, they are always shy and can't price anything.. Their mum always send me to get everything for them so from there as a sharp guy I go get my own share too.. No dull moments with me bro.. Na final year things 400L..
Bros fed uni better pass..
Those two guys can't even take care of the house when the mum travel.. Na me them dey always call.. I dey even command them sef..
EXECUTIVE HOUSE BOY that makes you. You will be surprised the day you leave their life, life will go on smoothly.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
MrHistorian:

What's the nonsense you just typed?

What's the value attached to being a student of a Public Uni?. . .The dilapidated buildings? The unnecessary stress the lecturers subject students to?

What exactly is your point?

Your emphasis on financial gains is very shallow,You should build a private enterprise too and make sure you run at a loss. . .ehn?. Private Universities are funded(mostly) by private individuals or organizations which makes their sole aim PROFIT MAXIMIZATION which is justifiable considering the amount they spend on buildings maintenance, electricity and renumeration of personnels.

Private Universities offer very qualitative and sound education and their graduates are very proud and confident of their educational institution. . .So,Your assertion on Inferiority is purely baseless.

Correct
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
onlyme07:
Op,thank God you said "some". I wish we can have someone who served (nysc) in a public uni to open the dearth these uni are facing.

From experience,either private or public,education in Nigeria is wack. Yes,I mean nothing to write home about. The lecturers who can't do research or write good papers for the advancement of education and the country. All you see them do is copy and paste. If I tell you what I witnessed during my service year in a public institution,you will source for funds and send your kids to study abroad.

Op,education in Nigeria is not about private or public. The rot is evident in our society where graduates cannot defend their certificates. Forget about lecturers,they have failed to impart knowledge because they don't have it either. All they wait for is,salary and promotion.

Op,if you want to hear the truth,all uni in Nigeria especially UI,OAU,Lag,UNN etc are all living on past glory. Quote me anywhere.
Correct
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Only point 5 makes partial sense.
Tell am. Op has a myopic thinking hence he is biased. You need to visit schools abroad to see things for yourself. Funny enough many of people opting for study abroad end up studying at private universities.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Majority of the people goin to private uni are not dat rich, just like outside states uni, private uni don,t need jamb to enter, do it is compulsory that u must do late jamb applicatn as to have jamb reg no for ur nysc
Partially correct but not totally true
All private uni candidates has been denied admissn in public uni, either as a result of low performance in jamb or post-utme.[quote]
Your assertion is not true.
[quote]nstead of dem stayin @ home, their parents prefer sippin gari & sendin their child to private school.[
Partially correct but not totally true
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
Jerryordam:
Well, as much as you free to disagree with me, a good number of private universities in Nigeria could only best be described as glorified secondary schools. I've had a lot of encounters with many of their graduates and believe me, there's nothing to write home about, but you see them awarding first class degrees to almost every of their graduates.

I was also opportuned to serve with a lot of them during my service year, both the ones we stayed at the same lodge and those in my place of primary assignment. They well a complete embarrassment, had nothing to offer...

And remember, they were from different institutions across the country (don't want to mention names).
What if I tell that I was opportuned to meet some public university graduates that can't spell their names. Many of them are disgrace to Nigeria university. Many of them lack skills that is why they are not employable.
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
Alright nice points. Get into a public school at age 17 or 18 for a four year course and spend six to seven years in school thanks to ASUU and other irregularities, spend another two or three years waiting for nysc due to some mobilization issues. Get ready for the job market at age 27 and start bitching about jobs whose required minimum age is 26 grin grin Ndi public school, wehdone oh cheesy
cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Let truth be told, Nigerians mostly resort to private after haven been denied admission in public unis.
I stand to be corrected, it's much more easier, if you can pay the bills, to secure admission in private universities..

A friend of mine whose son wants to study medicine wishes he can secure admission in public uni rather than private even though he has that cash to pay for private.. Private universities are crowed with pple who couldn't really pass jamb with top cutof marks
Your assertions are false
Re: 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
arena07:
Try and understand the guy is like he is sarcastic with his post
Yea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can Someone Get His Transcript From A University In Nigeria / "Snake Swallowed Our School Fees": Benue State University Students Protest (Pics / Success, Sapele Schoolgirl Wants To Be A Lawyer, How her life has changed now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.