Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,697 members, 7,862,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:55 AM

Bakare Wept! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Wept! (689 Views)

Breaking News: Buhari Wept! / My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter / Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bakare Wept! by AloyEmeka5: 1:19am On Apr 07, 2010
Bakare weeps in church as group donates $20,000 to SNG

Ademola Oni, Abeokuta

The Serving Overseer of The Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, Pastor Tunde Bakare, on Sunday burst into tears in the church and decried the bondage which the current and incoming generations of Nigerians have been subjected to by the country's leaders.

TUNDE BAKARE

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/6/811.html

Bakare started to cry as he attempted to speak after a short drama by the church drama group, depicting the self-serving leadership style in the country.

The drama also showed how the leaders had concentrated on personal ambition at the expense of the betterment of the people.

Amidst sobs, Bakare, who is the convener of the Save Nigeria Group, admitted that the drama had touched a sensitive part of his life, which he could not shake off.

He said, "I thought I would be able to deliver my message that God has given me but this drama has exposed what I intended to say and had touched a sensitive part of my being.

"I can live anywhere I want in any part of the world; but try as much as I did, I have always been drawn back here. When the issue comes to Nigeria, it fires up a passion in me."

The cleric also consoled his congregation that his tears were not borne out of sorrow but from his desire to see a change in Nigeria.

Bakare, who faulted efforts by a former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, to rule Nigeria again, announced that a group, which described itself as 'Sons in the Lord,' had donated $20,000 to the "work that you are doing in the country."

He said, "I have told you that we (SNG) do not need money from any moneybags to do what we are doing. I have also told you before now that when I need (financial) help, I will start from my immediate constituency, the church.

"Now, I have not even called for donations and people are sending money already. This is not a move that any moneybag will hijack."

He added that Babangida's effort to collude with some people to rule Nigeria again would be futile, saying that the former military president was about to know the deepness of the damage he had inflicted in the psyche of Nigerians.

He said, "The template in Nigeria is changing; a new Nigeria is emerging and people like Babangida and those he is colluding with currently are surely not part of it.

"His sin of annulling the freest election in Nigeria on June 12, 1993 has not been answered for. Though, I told you then that the election would be annulled but you did not believe me.

"I'm not saying he does not have the right to contest election; I'm simply saying that he will not rule this country again."
Re: Bakare Wept! by chosen04(f): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2010
Jesus Wept, Bakare cried!!!
Re: Bakare Wept! by AloyEmeka5: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2010
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Refuses Iwu A Commendation Letter / 2011: Clarke, Anenih Mobilise For Jonathan / North: Don’t Blame Arewa Consultative Forum For Leadership Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.