Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari (11255 Views)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / APGA Governorship Candidate Campagns Openly For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by youngies(m): 7:12am On Jun 01, 2012
A former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has said the appalling state of Nigeria and the hardship of the citizens in the midst of abundance compelled him to weep openly for the nation in 2011.

Buhari said this while addressing journalists during his visit to the headquarters of his political party, the Congress for Progressive Change at Utako in Abuja on Thursday.

Buhari, who was the CPC’s presidential candidate in the 2011 election, said he wept when he looked at the way the country was blessed by God, but its citizens were poor.

He said, “This is a country that is well-blessed both materially and otherwise. God has blessed us more than we expected. We have so much land for agriculture.

“But majority of Nigerians can’t send their children to school, can’t afford medicine for their children, and no potable water to drink. Where does the money go to?

“This was why I broke down when I was rounding off up my presidential campaign in 2011.”

Buhari added that he became a democrat when the old Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, a development he said changed his political belief.

“That was the time I became a democrat because I believed that democratic system is superior to any form of governance. Otherwise how can an empire collapse like that,” he said.

He took a swipe at the one year old regime of President Goodluck Jonathan and declared that the country was retrogressing.

He argued that with the level of corruption in the country and the poverty level of majority of Nigerians, there was nothing to show that the country was moving forward.

Buhari said, “From the level of exporter we have moved to the level of importer of oil? Are you surprised? All the infrastructure were allowed to die and decay.

“And now they say they want to remove subsidy. I was there when the refineries were built with Nigeria money and we didn’t borrow any kobo to do that.

“Now we have ended up buying fuel from the world market. I believe that God will punish those who have perpetuate corruption in this country and put us where we are today.

“I think we are reversing. With what is happening in the petroleum industry and all the corruption, we are reversing. You know about the pension scam?”

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1674-why-i-wept-openly-for-nigeria--buhari
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by honeric01(m): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2012
youngies: A former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has said the appalling state of Nigeria and the hardship of the citizens in the midst of abundance compelled him to weep openly for the nation in 2011.

Buhari said this while addressing journalists during his visit to the headquarters of his political party, the Congress for Progressive Change at Utako in Abuja on Thursday.

Buhari, who was the CPC’s presidential candidate in the 2011 election, said he wept when he looked at the way the country was blessed by God, but its citizens were poor.

He said, “This is a country that is well-blessed both materially and otherwise. God has blessed us more than we expected. We have so much land for agriculture.

“But majority of Nigerians can’t send their children to school, can’t afford medicine for their children, and no potable water to drink. Where does the money go to?

“This was why I broke down when I was rounding off up my presidential campaign in 2011.”

Buhari added that he became a democrat when the old Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, a development he said changed his political belief.

“That was the time I became a democrat because I believed that democratic system is superior to any form of governance. Otherwise how can an empire collapse like that,” he said.

He took a swipe at the one year old regime of President Goodluck Jonathan and declared that the country was retrogressing.

He argued that with the level of corruption in the country and the poverty level of majority of Nigerians, there was nothing to show that the country was moving forward.

Buhari said, “From the level of exporter we have moved to the level of importer of oil? Are you surprised? All the infrastructure were allowed to die and decay.

“And now they say they want to remove subsidy. I was there when the refineries were built with Nigeria money and we didn’t borrow any kobo to do that.

[size=18pt]“Now we have ended up buying fuel from the world market. I believe that God will punish those who have perpetuate corruption in this country and put us where we are today.
[/size]
“I think we are reversing. With what is happening in the petroleum industry and all the corruption, we are reversing. You know about the pension scam?”

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1674-why-i-wept-openly-for-nigeria--buhari

The bolded is what JAKUMO, BEAF, Odunnu e.t.c are afraid of, they know God's likely to use this man to punish them directly or indirectly for these sins! grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Sijo01(f): 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
Trying to claim innocenti or wat?
Na today dem dey see who dey cry? Kip on weepin na. Who care.
Mscheeeeeew!
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by chuks49(m): 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
Dogs and Baboons
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
Muffuguh was sobbing because he accidentlaly phucked his favourite sheep to death, and we forced to eat the carcass raw, by his hideous wife.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy ha ha ha.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2012
Na today we begin here dis kind political story?
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by lacasa: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
The upright General

God will definitely punish all of them wwithout mercy.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by AbdulAdam56(m): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
Buhari the truth man,i believe that buhari only can flush all dis nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
Select the most appropriate title for Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden.

1. The Tearful Terrorist.

2. The Moaning Murderer.

3. The Jilted Jihadist.

4. The Sobbing Suicide Bomb Sponsor.

5. The Wailing Nitwit.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Chyz2: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
Because you're a fagg like Atiku.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by logica(m): 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
Oh really? I suppose Abacha is not one of those "God should punish". The same Abacha that is innocent of corruption charges if we are to believe oga Buhari.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by jmslimx(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
Lot of comments in this forum , i just smile because most Nigerians no longer read history books.

the Major issues we have in Nigeria is Media Houses , Police , Nigerians youths , PDP and Politicians , Ministry of Justice and Nigeria Banks.

Buhari was a man of integrity that's why no body has being able to hold him down to what ever crime we claim he has committed , the thing is people feel that the south south is a must be presidency because of the oil revenue and what i feel is its leading Nigeria to no return. Why cant this government concentrate on one thing and perfect it and leave the rest to the next elected candidate .

GEJ wants to make sure we have power , Wants to do road , wants to fight corruption , Even God didn't build this world in a day , and said we can be like him which means GEJ should focus on one power or road or corruption and face it squarely...because he would end up like OBJ at the end of the day noting good comes out.

God bless my Nation Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by 9zeros(m): 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
Jakumo: Select the most appropriate title for Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden.

1. The Tearful Terrorist.

2. The Moaning Murderer.

3. The Jilted Jihadist.

4. The Sobbing Suicide Bomb Sponsor.

5. The Wailing Nitwit.

all d above. plus 'd old fool'
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
jmslimx: Lot of comments in this forum , i just smile because most Nigerians no longer read history books.

God bless my Nation Nigeria

Your choice of "Jism" as a screen name says it all ha ha
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by achi4u(m): 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
is that why he resulted on bombing of innocent ppl?

but let us try him.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Emylexray(m): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
You, buhari,weep for Nigeria?...same old story.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
shedding crocodile tears. The problem with voting Buhari is that he is too fanatic. That is why his people like him. He believes everyone not a northern muslim a is ''kafir'' ''arna'' and whatever. As far as he is concerned, he can win the vote with only the votes of northerners, ppl from SE/SW/SS are not majority.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by kunlekunle: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
[size=22pt]jesus too saw the evil plan that would befall jerusalem, and he wept.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
kkk17: shedding crocodile tears. The problem with voting Buhari is that he is too fanatic. That is why his people like him. He believes everyone not a northern muslim a is ''kafir'' ''arna'' and whatever. As far as he is concerned, he can win the vote with only the votes of northerners, ppl from SE/SW/SS are not majority.

There is nothing wrong with nurturing a delusion or two, and Buhari does like to describe his hallucinations, which will certainly keep us all entertained until that Predator drone lights him up with a high explosive warhead.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Yorisb: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2012
Will this Mallam ever stop moaning? Ah!
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by PeterKbaba: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
achi4u: is that why he resulted on bombing of innocent ppl?

but let us try him.

the president said boko haram (who are the bombers) has infiltrated his government. The question now is WHO IS THE PRESIDENTS GOVERNMENT AND EMPLOYEE ( NO BE PDP, SO WATIN CONCERN BUAHRI ). PDP top members Atiku & Ibb way WARN Jonathan before he became president that since Jonathan DOES NOT WANT PEACE BY Allowing Atiku become president.

Don’t push us to the wall, Violence may be inevitable -Atiku warns

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/zoning-don%E2%80%99t-push-us-to-the-wall-violence-may-be-inevitable-atiku-warns/

SO PLEASE TELL ME WHO BOKO HARAM IS, UNDER WHAT PARTY MEMBERS, AND WHO ARE THE MEMBERS THAT JONATHAN WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE SAID BOKO HARAM AS INFILTRATED HIS GOVERNMENT?? I'M WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER AND PLS DONT BIT AROUND THE BUSH. ASK BEAF TO EXPLAIN BETTER.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by PeterKbaba: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
the president said boko haram (who are the bombers) has infiltrated his government. The question now is WHO IS THE PRESIDENTS GOVERNMENT AND EMPLOYEE ( NO BE PDP, SO WATIN CONCERN BUAHRI ). PDP top members Atiku & Ibb way WARN Jonathan before he became president that since Jonathan DOES NOT WANT PEACE BY Allowing Atiku become president.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/zoning-don%E2%80%99t-push-us-to-the-wall-violence-may-be-inevitable-atiku-warns/

SO PLEASE TELL ME WHO BOKO HARAM IS, UNDER WHAT PARTY MEMBERS, AND WHO ARE THE MEMBERS THAT JONATHAN WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE SAID BOKO HARAM AS INFILTRATED HIS GOVERNMENThuhhuh?? I'M WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER AND PLS DONT BIT AROUND THE BUSH. ASK BEAF TO EXPLAIN BETTER.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by ckkris: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
Student: Sir, is it still a CRIME to plan coups and overthrow the government?
Prof: Yes, why do you ask?
Student: Sir, are successful coups criminal?
Prof: Yes. A criminal is a criminal, and may someday account for the crimes. Remember Ibori !

1 Like

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by fesse(f): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
C_Collins: Na today we begin here dis kind political story?

My broda, d thing tire person oooooo. Na so dem dey talk, when they get there, another story altogether. Buhari has lostit long time ago. Don't cry for me oh Bu-ha-riiiii.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
fesse:
Don't cry for me oh Bu-ha-riiiii.

Don't cry for me Ayatollah
For you refuse to go ya village

Na God go soda, dat ya big yansh o
We kept our promise
Oh Ayatollah
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by jesusboi1: 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
adolf hitler wept, idi amin wept, gadaffi wept, im sure at a point osama wept...u dis religious dictator dt is lukin 2 islamitize nigeria pls kip on weepin cos u n ur jihadists wil neva rule...

1 Like

Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by PeterKbaba: 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2012
fesse:

My broda, d thing tire person oooooo. Na so dem dey talk, when they get there, another story altogether. Buhari has lostit long time ago. Don't cry for me oh Bu-ha-riiiii.

SO PLEASE TELL ME WHO BOKO HARAM IS, UNDER WHAT PARTY MEMBERS, AND WHO ARE THE MEMBERS THAT JONATHAN WAS TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE SAID BOKO HARAM AS INFILTRATED HIS GOVERNMENThuhhuh?? I'M WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER AND PLS DONT BIT AROUND THE BUSH. ASK BEAF TO EXPLAIN BETTER.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Chanchit: 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
B
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Chanchit: 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
Baba, na lie be that o... U were only crying for ur self, Jonah sef go come in few yrs time say e wan come cry for nigeria.... If u try to cry with that ur eye again, u might just go blind...
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by kay10: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
I dont know how majority of people in this NL think,the country is already in shamble,I dont understand why some people believe they are BORN TO SUFFER.Can we think twice, and make a resolute that nigeria must not remain like this.What can you pick to describe your country as your pride!Nothing,nothing is working .However there is someone that can still turn it around or resusitate it back,it s Buhari,with his principles and toughness,nigeria can still bounce back.Vote Buhari for 2015.
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2012
A true Nigerian patriot... Salute! cool
Re: Why I Wept Openly For Nigeria – Buhari by nuclearboy(m): 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
Boko Haram, according to the NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER, is PDP

Sylva, A PDP governor, said he would mobilise boko haram to Bayelsa State

The only person being tried for sponsoring terrorism is a serving PDP senator

Those who promised Nigeria "hell" if they lost out in the run-up to the elections are ALL PDP!

Vice President Sambo has also being linked to PDP

Monsignor Presido himself has openly said he is eating with & surrounded by boko haram sponsors!

cheesy

Yet ethnicity, religion, sentiments against the north and inordinately high level of idiocy & myopia has many people here blaming the exact opposite of PDP for boko haram!

I pray you all reap the fruits of this from PDP!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SSS Summons Senator Zanna Over Boko Haram Commander / Most Politicians Guilty Of False Assets Declaration – Okunrounmu / Convention: APC Pegs Chairmanship Forms At ₦20m, Deputy At ₦10m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.