Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Nairalanders, Have You Close Your Bank Account Before,if Yes, Why? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairalanders, Have You Close Your Bank Account Before,if Yes, Why? (1569 Views)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / POS For Business: How Stringent Is Your Bank's Conditions? How Else To Get POS? / Recharge And Get Paid Straight To Your Bank Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Have You Close Your Bank Account Before,if Yes, Why? by stfadaanthony(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nairalanders, if you had ever close your bank account, what led to it.

Having being banking with Ecobank now for over 6-7years now. But since 2015,I noticed that my ATM is always faulty,will complain but still the same. Unfortunately, I misplaced my UBA ATM card,so transferred into my Ecobank account on 23rd December 2017, since I have the ATM card with me,so as to make withdrawal. When it was my turn,the machine displayed an info which mean have exceeded the amount I can redraw for the day,even when I haven't use that card in about 6months due to the same issue.

Fast forward to today,I went to a branch of Ecobank to complain. After have done all the processes required, my BVN details as been printed already,only for the lady to tell me my signature is different from what she has. I responded that I no,and I told them over a year ago when I requested for new ATM card then and that it was accepted. She suddenly became harsh and said because I was allowed then,does not mean it right.I replied that I no. Note,anytime I wanted to withdrew when in PH,I use my passbook and use this my new signature o.

Seeing that she will not help me out,I pleaded with her to see how she can help me out. I even apply that she help me reset my mobile app, but insisted that I must recollect the signature on their system. She then said I will go swear a court affidavit. I became furious at this junction, that with the evidence before her,can't she just do something, she said no. So I told her I want to close the account, she then replied me by saying I should go to the branch I opened the account. Thank God,the branch is not far,I entered and simply ask them the processes required to close an account. This lady I met try pleading with me and ask what the problem is. I just told them I had enough of them, I can't use the ATM and can't use it with the hope that it will not disappoint. She try convincing me,but not ready to listen to her.

As we were discussing, they lady I said was harsh at the other branch called(can't hear her,but can tell base on the conversation at my end),this lady now told her am dem serious with the closing of the account. I was delayed, I guess to frustrate me,I was patient enough and thank God I succeeded.

Closing my Ecobank account is the best gift I can give myself as new year gift..

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Have You Close Your Bank Account Before,if Yes, Why? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
I closed my first bank account in 2009 when I noticed there had credited my account wrongly, I withdrew the money and left that account till date. I felt it was payback for all the unnecessary charges
Re: Nairalanders, Have You Close Your Bank Account Before,if Yes, Why? by fashrola(m): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
ChiefPiiko:
I closed my first bank account in 2009 when I noticed there had credited my account wrongly, I withdrew the money and left that account till date. I felt it was payback for all the unnecessary charges

Debited ?
Re: Nairalanders, Have You Close Your Bank Account Before,if Yes, Why? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
I found 4000 or there about in my account, no one put it in coz my balance went to -3k plus later on. I just left the account dormant till date
fashrola:

Debited ?
Re: Nairalanders, Have You Close Your Bank Account Before,if Yes, Why? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
I am about to close my account with First bank due to the dubious charges I receive, imagine charging me over 1k for account maintenance charge every month. They charge me for FIP every second, I'm tired already and I don't have time to go to banking hall to speak grammar. So one beautiful morning I will go and request that my account be closed, let me see the idiot that will try to convince me otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 / "Do You Even Go To Work"? - Fans Ask Femi Otedola. See His Reply / Earn 70k Reading News(free Entry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.