Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu (4087 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by shadrach77: 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2010
Lagerback Will Fail Nigerian —Amodu
April 07, 2010 15:44 (13 minutes ago), 40 views

Shaibu Amodu is ready to fight his critics and has launched an attack through Football365.co.za that Nigeria will not achieve anything extraordinary under the tutelage of new Super Eagles Manager, Lars Lagerback.

The Swede signed a five-month deal with the Eagles in February and will lead the side to the World Cup finals in South Africa.

Amodu, who guided Nigeria to a third-place finish at the African Nations Cup in Angola and through the qualification process for the global showpiece, believes that Lagerback will not be able to take the team forward.

“I don’t see any new thing he will bring to the team. We are talking of a team that is already cooked and trimmed for success by previous handlers,” Amodu said.

“It is not as if he has some rough materials that needs fine tuning. All of that has been done already, so where lies the change and necessary overhauling that people are talking about? The boys are capable of holding their own against any opposition. The team, from where I left off, is very easy to handle at the moment.

“It is unfortunate that somebody’s dislike for my guts ended up making a mockery of the whole team as if we were a bunch of school boys who lacked direction. The situation wasn’t that bad as the picture painted by my detractors sought to portray. These players aren’t rotten apples. They are among the finest you can find on the market.”

Amodu, who was sacked despite meeting the requirements set out in his contract, feels that Lagerback needs to prove himself at the World Cup.

“Sincerely, he may just be holidaying around the team. People shouldn’t expect anything dramatic or different to change under the new coach,” added the former Super Eagles boss.

“He might even end up performing woefully than how the world was made to believe I did. He is new, so everyone seems to believe he is the messiah they have been waiting for.

“It doesn’t work that way. Winning one or two matches doesn’t make you a top notch coach. The real test lies ahead. Being cosmetic is not enough. We all wait to see if he is a good material or not.”

Amodu also warned the Swede that he will find it difficult to find friends amongst the Nigerian set-up.

“He may be a good man with the right intentions but I am sorry he will have to contend with the egos of the people around him. That is the reality in handling a key position like the Super Eagles coach,” he said.

“I don’t know him but he must have been a tough-hearted person to have accepted the position. If I were him, I will not be happy at this time because everyone is praising me. Two months after today, the story might change.”

Amodu, meanwhile, is still disgruntled at being axed from his managerial post.

“The decision to sack me was cruel and smacks of wickedness. Coaches know that someday, they will be fired but certainly not in this way,” he admitted.

“After qualifying the team for the World Cup and going beyond the targets they set for me in Angola, it was only honourable for someone out there to say that ‘Ok, we don’t like him but he hasn’t shamed us all.’ Rather, a decision that can only be explained by the perpetrators was taken.

“Maybe a group of people don’t feel comfortable seeing me around but whether they like it or not, I will still go down in history as the perfect gentleman, who under very difficult and tough circumstances, qualified the Super Eagles to South Africa, the same accomplishment their new messiah failed to achieve with Sweden.

“When I am dead and gone, the story will be told, it won’t change a bit. I have made my mark and got nothing more to prove,” concluded Amodu.

Comment
source: pm news
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by tempest01(m): 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2010
Amodu is simply crying over spilt milk, I think lagerback has what it takes to take us foward.
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2010
with the way the NFA NFF is run. Amodu will be back to coach the super eagles a record 6th time grin
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2010
lagerback has b=no good record in sweden when it come to the world Cup. Dont expect any miracle. Amodu is better than lagerback whether u like it or not. Wait and see
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2010
Lagerback will not work any miracle.
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by omar22(m): 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2010
lagerback has b=no good record in sweden when it come to the world Cup. Dont expect any miracle. Amodu is better than lagerback whether u like it or not. Wait and see

I would rather have Tunde Disu ahead of Coco the Clown called Amodu!!!
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by abrahym(m): 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2010
Bad belle comment frm amodu
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Amhatu(m): 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2010
Amodu is correct. Maybe its time to create 'Naija League 1', with No ties to bodies like NFF on making decisions to fire or hire coaches .

I read this article from Vanguard Nigeria Today on  2010 Lagos Governor’s Cup, this is a good direction.

Lagos State would be a good start for setting a Futball League like a Naija League 1 .

Vanguard Nigeria Today on  2010 Lagos Governor’s Cup
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/07/all-set-for-2010-lagos-governor%E2%80%99s-cup-2/
[url]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/07/all-set-for-2010-lagos-governor%E2%80%99s-cup-2/[/url]

Goodday
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Borat1: 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
"Lagerback will fail Nigeria"

Yeeh! See Beef! grin
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by deb(m): 4:38am On Apr 09, 2010
One principle I have come to understand about life; Talk rubbish all you care but say it with confidence and people will follow you.

The arrogant fool has just spoken again and people are already listening and saying that he is the wisest.
Though he (Largerback) is just resuming yet I can tell that his worst is better than Amodu's best.

AMODU IS JUST A FOOL WHO TALKS TOO MUCH. His circumustances of qualifying us for the world cup is most disgraceful.
I know people forget things easily, it still doesn't change the fact that Osaze Odemwingie and his team mates know better
than their former 'coach' and were only struggling to respect him
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Digriz(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2010
Amodu is only bn jeolous
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by tboy1(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2010
From Amodu's team selection,Gameplan,team formation and use of his subs - its obvious he has no clue what he was doing

Goodluck to Lagerback & hope the whole team does well this summer cool
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by princekevo(m): 11:34am On Apr 09, 2010
Modu should go and sleep abegi.
“ The boys are capable of holding their own against any opposition. The team, from where I left off, is very easy to handle at the moment.

“It is unfortunate that somebody’s dislike for my guts ended up making a mockery of the whole team as if we were a bunch of school boys who lacked direction. The situation wasn’t that bad as the picture painted by my detractors sought to portray. These players aren’t rotten apples. They are among the finest you can find on the market.”
They are among the finest yet he fail to make effective use of them. Amodu thinks football isjst all abt having team full opf talents, those days has gone. Football has gone nuclear as such we need a coach that would exploit these talents and not just rely on them.
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by citee(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2010
With all due respect to Amodu, i think he is wrong about Lagerback. I feel sorry for Amodu though considering the way he was used and dumped by the NFF. Throughout his tenure he was caught between a rock and a hard place. Whether to go for new and untested players, even from the local league or to stick with the same set of players he was used to. And knowing our penchant for instant gratification, he took the easy way out to save his skin.But with the benefit of hind-sight, we all agree he should have taken a risk and tried out new players like the Ghanian coach did at the last nations cup. So from what we are hearing Lagerback wants to do what Amodu could not or refused to do. Therefore, Amodu rather than predicting doom,should wish the man and the team well! wink
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by MonGee(m): 11:42am On Apr 09, 2010
Time will tell. But I strongly believe Lagerback has something better to offer,
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Mcaudrey: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2010
I am not expecting any special miracle from Largerback but i know that he'd definitely be better than Amodu.
Lagerback should be allowed to prove himself just as Amodu was but his ignorance
and incompetence was disgracefully displayed.
Its just bad belle talk
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by otukpo(f): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2010
Why is Amodu bad-mouthing our team.

He shld better wish Largerback well
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by oge4real(f): 11:52am On Apr 09, 2010
Amodu the Mumu
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by joshO: 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
Even if lagerback fails - but is bold enough to take difficult decisions like fielding
young, commited and talented players, then we'll all be better for it and he'll
earn our respect.

Amodu lacks the courage, leadership qualities and exposure required to manage
our national team and contain the distractions that the politics of the NFA brings
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Mcaudrey: 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
Amodu lacks the courage, leadership qualities and exposure required to manage
our national team and contain the distractions that the politics of the NFA brings

Straight to the point talk
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by PurestBoy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2010
Just like you Amodu failed us abi?
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Nwoka(m): 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
Is this guy MAD what the f is this guys problem
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by PurestBoy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
oge4real:

Amodu the Mumu

or better say mumudu
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by Ojumiii(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
Amodu: The clueless coach
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by vinceobe: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
Amodu is right in his postulation. He is disgruntled, right. That is human.  What do you expect of somebody who had put in his best only to be so utterly disgraced.  Many Nigerians have suffered like this in the hands of the Nigerian twisted elites and bigots. The hawks in the Glass House axed him unjustifiably.  He was given targets to qualify the Supper Eagles for the world cup.  He met that.  He was given the target to at least be in the runners up in the African Cup of Nations.  He overshot that by coming third in the turnament.  What else does anybody wants him to do.  Amodu was, before man and God, wronged.  It smirks of the Nigerian factors where those that do well are always disgraced.  Any wonder all our professionals have all gone abroad where value, ethics, performance and ability to deliver, are considered over and above primordial sentiments?  The same thing that happened to Amodu, happen in all the ministries and parastatals where highly talented individuals are frustrated and replaced by cronies.  This had brought us, unfortunately, to the abyss where we daily lament disgracefully.  God cannot help those who do not help themselves.  Let Nigeria take a cue from  countries that are our contemporaries, like India, Brazil, South Korea, Venezuela, etc. They placed more emphasis on human resources and made use of talents to develop their countries more than anything else.

The Super Eagles, like very other failed Nigerian sector that has been cruelly visited by parochialism and mundane promodial sentiments, will fail woefully in South Africa, Lagerback or no Lagerback.
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by ochukoccna: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
Hamodu is stating the obvious, that is true.
Yet as long as Lagerback will inject fresh blood into the team, be respectful of our opinions, start building a new national team and not play heart attack football like Hamodu,
[size=48pt]WHO CARES?[/size].
A coach who interprets counter attack football to be heart attack football, who cannot read the game and make good tactical inputs from the bench like him should shut up.
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by fredoooooo: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
already missing the usual bribe and other money sharing ,
grin grin grin
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by ochukoccna: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
joshO:

Even if lagerback fails - but is bold enough to take difficult decisions like fielding
young, commited and talented players, then we'll all be better for it and he'll
earn our respect.

Amodu lacks the  courage, leadership qualities and exposure required to manage

Gba!
You are awarded a gold medal for your contribution.
Contact Seun to receive it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by vislabraye(m): 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
Bad Belle Ahmodu. He just cant hide his bitterness. Even though what he's saying might have an element of truth, he's just pure bias, May God help his soul
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by ALAKANNI(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
"Mumudu" wt his 'No formation' tactics should just keep quiet and move ahead in life. This 'Bad Belle' will not help him. He is a typical people Yoruba people call 'SOOROYE' Two times unlucky. 2002 and 2010 and you want make he no ves. His case is just like biblical Moses who saw 'Promised land' but could not get there. Tooooo bad.
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by tkb417(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
Lagerback doesnt need t change the players Amodu used

2 set of coaches can use the same players and achieve different results

Amodu cannot win the Nations cup with the Egyptian National tean so he should go back to school and learn the rudiments of coaching

i dont think hes better than my P.E teacher in secondary school

ewu ara!!
Re: Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu by tkb417(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
chei
Honeric is now a MOD grin grin grin

hehehe
ur head like biscuit grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) / Who Is Your Midfielder Of The Year ? / Funny Pictures Of Chelsea Players And Fans After Being Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.