Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (24663 Views)

41-Day Fasting Lands Ebonyi Student In Hospitalised / Zambian Pastor, Brighton Samajomba, Dies From Malnutrition After 20-Day Fasting / Daddy Freeze Slams RCCG 50-Day Fasting & Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Johncuppa(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
Does it exclude 40 days of adultery and formication, because I get some babes wey dey attend Redeemed church o
All liars shall perish.

If they are your babes, you don't expect them to fast.

This is 2018. Change!
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:
Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

It's time pastors lead by examples...let's see pastors relinquish their position as G.O's for the greater good.
Do you know the will of the father? Do you know that his line of thought is different from what you just posted? Do you know that his way is totally different from yours.
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Johncuppa(m): 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:

Please do well to list miracles that can happen only by fasting?
Fasting is not in the first place a rescue weapon, it is a lifestyle.
You mustn't have problem before fasting. It's a spiritual exercise
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
lokobyforch:

Please do well to list miracles that can happen only by fasting?
Mark 9:23-29King James Version (KJV)

23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.

28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?

29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Johncuppa(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
menwongo:

Truth me most pastors will gladly take their bread and tea early in the morning �
They have gone beyond that.
They are not doing it with flesh, it is more easy for them to fast than you thought
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by ipobarecriminals: 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
cool grin cool cool cheesy smiley cool cheesy smiley cheesy
Leonbonapart:
your existence is a joke. This is one of the reasons why we also need oath swearing on Christian topics on Nairaland. Thunder fire you
cool
Leonbonapart:
your existence is a joke. This is one of the reasons why we also need oath swearing on Christian topics on Nairaland. Thunder fire you
nice reply
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
Cigo1:
A coy way of letting the congregation starve while the Pastor feeds fat..
Unfortunately this period many pastors will loose weight
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Pat081: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
Johncuppa:

Is this how you want to start 2018, is any Church member complaining or what is your own?
Wu is dis one now
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
kcmichael:
Truth
Industries are there,people are ready to invest but the government isn't helping matters

1 Like

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Hussainvictor12: 11:06pm On Jan 02, 2018
As for me. I no dey fast any shi shi. Make my family dey do d fasting. I cannoh comman kill myself

1 Like

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Enemyofpeace: 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2018
Johncuppa:

All liars shall perish.

If they are your babes, you don't expect them to fast.

This is 2018. Change!
what will happen to me during the forty days? They should not fast, we must commit formication and adultery together
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2018
joseph6071:
RCCG FASTING 2018

The RCCG Fasting begins 11th Jan to February 19th (40days). From 12midnight to 6pm. Praying twice a day, Morning devotion and 5pm at the churches.

If you want to do it day and night without breaking (just liquid) it will be for 20days.

Major prayer point will be praising God and asking God for Grace to please him in every way possible this year.

Happy New Year

Source: http://dailyhappeningblog..co.ke/2018/01/rccg-members-to-embark-on-40-days.html?m=1

Church members fasting 6 -6 till they get malnourished within 40 days while Adeboye Sips Bread n eggs n Tea n Amala on a daily basis. grin.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by dollyptosh(m): 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
marvin902:

that isn't even fasting self..
buh some of them here are just stupid hypocritical bastards
What is fasting?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by arrestdarrester: 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
Na wah for NLs Ooo. So when those from other religions fast it is okay and when Christians fast it is not. The devil can fear sha...

All these attacks against the proposed fasting is a good sign that the devil is scared.

Let the prayer points start rolling like 'bombs away'...

1 Like

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by arrestdarrester: 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Church members fasting 6 -6 till they get malnourished within 40 days while Adeboye Sips Bread n eggs n Tea n Amala on a daily basis. grin.

May be if we see what your dad looks like at Pastor Adeboye's age we will be in a better position to discuss the benefits of fasting, or what do you think?
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
What is fasting?
Fasting is a sacred time in which Christians abstain from food, or other pleasures, and take the time to focus on God.
How should a Christian fast?

A Christian should fast by total abstinence from pleasure of the world. It's advisable to kill the flesh which is one of the ingredient of fasting. Aside that, it's advisable to study the bible, sing songs of praise and back it up with prayers.

Types of fasting

The Bible mentions different types of fasting. Some are as follow
1. Regular Fast - Traditionally, a regular fast means refraining from eating all food. Most people still drink water or juice during a regular fast. When Jesus fasted in the desert, the Bible says, "After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry." This verse does not mention Jesus being thirsty.

2.Partial Fast - This type of fast generally refers to omitting a specific meal from your diet or refraining from certain types of foods. Daniel 10:2-3 says, "At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over." In Daniel 1:12, they restricted their diet to vegetables and water: "Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink."

3.Full Fast - These fasts are complete - no food and no drink. Acts 9:9 describes when Paul went on a full fast for three days following his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus: "For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything." Esther also called for this type of fast in Esther 4:15-16: "Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 'Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.'" It is recommended that this type of fast be done with extreme caution and not for extended periods of time.

4.Sexual Fast - 1 Corinthians 7:3-6 says, "The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control." Married men and women must agree with their spouses if they go ahead to fast.
These types of fasting depends on the individual as a person.
Also, fasting should have a clear purpose. People in the Bible fasted and prayed because they wanted something specific to happen.

Is there a specific time to fast?
No you can fast anytime. You can do it on your own or as body coming together like what Redeem is doing however there instances of people fasting is specific days. For instance our Lord Jesus fasted for 40 days, Daniel fasted for 21 days, Esther fasted for 3 days and even Saul who was later called Paul fasted for 3 days .Our daily manna 21st fasting comes this Saturday 6/1/2018 to 26/1/2017( Rhema is probably drawn from Daniel fasting for 21 days), Redeem starts next week and am sure rhema was drawn from Jesus fasting for 40 days.

Those with health issues shouldn't participate for health reasons but I advice you pray at night.
The reason being that ,God does about everything important at midnight. When He finally decided to deliver the children of Israel from bondage in the land of Egypt, He did not choose the hours of the day but the significant period of midnight.
The period around the middle of the night is the time of intense darkness and demonic activities. The moment that splits the night into two is vital to deliverance and spiritual warfare. The kingdom of darkness is active during this period programming evil into people’s lives. Wicked witchcraft attacks are carried out against ignorant people during the hours of darkness.
So when praying at night apply wisdom. Don't disturb your neighbours. God still hears silent prayers( Matthew 6:6, 1 Samuel 1:12-13). There is time for everything. If you are not comfortable then go to the mountain far from your house to pray.

Is fasting necessary as Christians?
Yes it is because certain situations would not change with just prayers and hard work alone but with fasting ( Mark 9:29). Even witches and the occultic fast too. If those who wanted Paul to die could fast ( Act 23:12-35) then I wonder why as a Christian you shouldn't partake.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 03, 2018
To whom it may concern
During this fasting period avoid the following things because it is advisable
1. Abstain from any form of sin as this hinders prayers
2. Control your anger
3. Avoid gossips at all cost
4. Avoid watching movies that don't edify the spirit e.g watching nollywood movies, Hollywood, telemundo, zee world e.t.c watch Christian movies that edify the soul.
5. For football lovers, sacrifice that time to be with Jesus if you mean serious business. Physical exercise is good but spiritual is better.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Wilfem(m): 12:59am On Jan 03, 2018
Guys, kindly be informed that there's no official confirmation of this fasting period yet, especially from the authority. Remember that something like this happened last year. So, please do disregard all the information posted here.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Organs(m): 1:08am On Jan 03, 2018
judedwriter:

Many people don't like fasting, but believe me, some certain miracles and blessings can't happen unless we fast and pray! True, as long as we live on earth, there will be difficulty whether we fast or not, BUT fasting greatly improves one's life.

Who gives anyone right to tell us when and when not to fast? Why Jan 11th start date?
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by tonytony208(m): 1:16am On Jan 03, 2018
joseph6071:
RCCG FASTING 2018

The RCCG Fasting begins 11th Jan to February 19th (40days). From 12midnight to 6pm. Praying twice a day, Morning devotion and 5pm at the churches.

If you want to do it day and night without breaking (just liquid) it will be for 20days.

Major prayer point will be praising God and asking God for Grace to please him in every way possible this year.

Happy New Year

Source: http://dailyhappeningblog..co.ke/2018/01/rccg-members-to-embark-on-40-days.html?m=1

Didn't the Bible say fasting and prayer should be secret? It said if you announce to the world that you are fasting, you've received your reward already.
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by koolaid87: 1:21am On Jan 03, 2018
Before nko? Food no dey joor

Ulcer patients, pregnant women, no be by force ooo
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by flyca: 3:04am On Jan 03, 2018
Leonbonapart:
You have not yet encountered the Christ you are fighting for. Read your words again. Is that what your Christ taught you?

Go and starve yourself 40days! And 40nights too. Na your business. If you don't work hard, you will not be successful! Pray, curse, fight, kick, kabash all you want!

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by flyca: 3:06am On Jan 03, 2018
marvin902:

so when Muslim's do their own is OK
All of them are useless! Go and work hard. Research, solve problems. Only then will you be successful. Thank you.
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by chukxie(m): 4:25am On Jan 03, 2018
Yian1:
Making life uneasy for youself when the Creator is not making it hard..i trust them they would have believed that once they finish the fasting, they won't encounter any difficulty in 2018, which is hell NO. unless you are no more human being.

Difficulties are a part of life. There's no where in the bible where it is stated that Christians would not pass through difficulties. Any pastor that preaches a life without difficulties should have his head examined. Fasting purified a person's mind and body. Muslims fast. Hindus do, too. Even yoga practitioners fast. So, what's your qualms with Christians fasting?
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by rasputinn(m): 4:31am On Jan 03, 2018
Yian1:
Making life uneasy for youself when the Creator is not making it hard..i trust them they would have believed that once they finish the fasting, they won't encounter any difficulty in 2018, which is hell NO. unless you are no more human being.

Get more knowledge first and you won't talk this way.

Plus there are even health benefits to fasting,not only spiritual.

Then again,it's not by force,nobody is actually forcing you to be part of it,so don't take it personal as it will not benefit you in any way
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by DavidJohnDavid(f): 4:57am On Jan 03, 2018
I'll be participating...
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by africanusvu(m): 5:55am On Jan 03, 2018
Fast so OAP FREEZE can die by fire and leave tbem alone
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by Baroba(m): 6:20am On Jan 03, 2018
flyca:

You have not yet encountered the Christ you are fighting for. Read your words again. Is that what your Christ taught you?

Go and starve yourself 40days! And 40nights too. Na your business. If you don't work hard, you will not be successful! Pray, curse, fight, kick, kabash all you want!

Well said, these are the so called born again Christians you find all over social media, fighting and cursing people on behalf of their crooked Daddy GO's..Silly clowns, I blame unemployment for this madness, if you work in a company, no go work; stay in church morning and evening, see how long you will keep that job.. Productive valuable hours hours spent collecting money for daddy's next Air force 1, no wonder hunger is biting hard, next year the same thing all over again with no end result.. Make out time and pray to God people and apply hardwork in all you do, watch good things come your way..This Pentecostal brain washing needs to stop!!..

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by matrixme(m): 6:34am On Jan 03, 2018
Daddy freeezle would be very silent on this one now. Even Winners is starting their annual fasting from the 8th of this month. By the time the blessings is coming forth and people are bringing tithes to church, he will start grumbling. Oniraanu somebody. This is a year of sense abeg, if you don't recieve it, read it, pray for it, steal it.... And if it doesn't come, pretend to have it
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by IATIA: 6:43am On Jan 03, 2018
THE BEST OF MEN EVEN, AT THE VERY BEST, ARE STILL MEN. DON’T BE SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT, THERE ARE RCCG PASTORS INVOLVED IN SORCERY.
Re: RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 by adeymoj(m): 6:43am On Jan 03, 2018
marvin902:

I hit a nerve.
stupid bastard....
I shouldn't bring Muslim into this buh your free to open your black hole you call a mouth and insult Christians
�. I think you're the retarded bastard here cos the guy you quoted is not a Muslim yet you find a way to bring Muslim to a Topic that has nothing to do with them. Well, it's inferiority complex.
Awon Alakori gbogbo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Lust Can Lead You Into Great Trouble / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... / Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.