Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,057 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. (897 Views)

Domestic Abuse: All The Women In These Pictures Are Dead! All Within 5 Months / My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by Guppyfish: 1:10am On Jan 03, 2018
Happy new year landers. Well, let me start by warning feeding bottles users to steer clear of this post. Only matured and wise comments.
One of my close friend has been going through hell in her marriage. She confided in me and I don't know what to tell her since am single and don't want to give a wrong advice. She is married for 9 yrs now. And d marriage has been hell right from d start. She endured beating, low self esteem and tongue lashing from her hubby. He talk down on her to outsiders. he does not care who or what is around before he humiliate her. I have experienced this on several occasions . sometimes scars on her body. I do tell her to pray and fast. Maybe God will change him. But as d year went by, he becomes brutal. He told her to cut off from friends, he won't allow her families to visit her. Even if dey come around , his demeanour will signify they aren't welcome. He will sometimes beat her in from of d visitor. The recent one that happened was on Xmas day. He used mopping stick to hit her and almost killed her because she went to pick her clothes and her kids clothes from d tailor. He asked his security men to lock her out for three days. She slept at a neighbour place ( elderly couples). Now she said she want to leave the marriage but nobody is supporting her to leave because , according to them, husbands are scarce. And since she had 2 kids, no man will ever marry her again. But she said she don't want to marry again in future. Because her husband is rich, no body can stand up to him and condemn what he is doing to her. When the man go out, he act nice and make his wife look like d troublesome type. Only few people that have interacted with him truly know his true colour. He is very boastful, proud and arrogant. I pray for my friend so she don't die in dat house. Pls what can I do in dis situation. She is hell bent on leaving. And said she cannot leave with d kids since she is not financially buoyant to look after them. I think d kids will suffer if she leave them behind. Her husband will not allow her work nor empower her to trade. The little trade she started he asked her to stop because he sensed her growing. She had to stop to prevent problem, but still no peace in house.
Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by omotuntun: 1:44am On Jan 03, 2018
Tell your friend that if she is trapped between her decision and what other people will think about her.
She should do whatever will make her happy.

Note
Woman sometimes can act in annoying ways, but I hate women beater.
Our culture and traditions sometimes on women is not fair. This is why women will keep enduring than you enjoy marriage.
Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:45am On Jan 03, 2018
Another “close-friend” tory.
You want NL to give advice to YOU to give to YOUR CLOSE FRIEND?

Sometimes people just need a pair of “listening ears” without a problem solver.

I don’t know why MARRIED PEOPLE keep confiding in SINGLE PEOPLE.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE NUMERO UNO!

OP! Please, find your own spouse of NINE YEARS to punch, alienate and imprison you for starters. Then you come back to NL for advice. kiss

Next please. kiss

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 03, 2018
Youre not married. And youre immature. Telling the "feeding bottle users to seer clear" reflects that.

Thus I believe your post is sentimental. And biased. A woman will never tell you the whole truth. Until both sides air their opinions...no comment.

My feeding bottle opinion

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by sunnymighty(m): 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2018
Tell her to contact the Ministry of women affairs and poverty alleviation, Alausa in Ikeja if she is in lagos

1 Like

Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by Dyt(f): 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
Guppyfish:
Happy new year landers. Well, let me start by warning feeding bottles users to steer clear of this post. Only matured and wise comments.
One of my close friend has been going through hell in her marriage. She confided in me and I don't know what to tell her since am single and don't want to give a wrong advice. She is married for 9 yrs now. And d marriage has been hell right from d start. She endured beating, low self esteem and tongue lashing from her hubby. He talk down on her to outsiders. he does not care who or what is around before he humiliate her. I have experienced this on several occasions . sometimes scars on her body. I do tell her to pray and fast. Maybe God will change him. But as d year went by, he becomes brutal. He told her to cut off from friends, he won't allow her families to visit her. Even if dey come around , his demeanour will signify they aren't welcome. He will sometimes beat her in from of d visitor. The recent one that happened was on Xmas day. He used mopping stick to hit her and almost killed her because she went to pick her clothes and her kids clothes from d tailor. He asked his security men to lock her out for three days. She slept at a neighbour place ( elderly couples). Now she said she want to leave the marriage but nobody is supporting her to leave because , according to them, husbands are scarce. And since she had 2 kids, no man will ever marry her again. But she said she don't want to marry again in future. Because her husband is rich, no body can stand up to him and condemn what he is doing to her. When the man go out, he act nice and make his wife look like d troublesome type. Only few people that have interacted with him truly know his true colour. He is very boastful, proud and arrogant. I pray for my friend so she don't die in dat house. Pls what can I do in dis situation. She is hell bent on leaving. And said she cannot leave with d kids since she is not financially buoyant to look after them. I think d kids will suffer if she leave them behind. Her husband will not allow her work nor empower her to trade. The little trade she started he asked her to stop because he sensed her growing. She had to stop to prevent problem, but still no peace in house.
No
She can't leave

9years and she thinks its time to leave?
How will she cope not enjoying the luxury?
She has always loved the Mrs tag
The cars
The house and all of

But come to think of it
9years and no savings whatsoever?

I am here to read
***continues eating my rice****

I kuku know the wife won't leave
No matter what she's told
**picks teeth***
Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by Dyt(f): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2018
Guppyfish:
Last year, I went for a scan and I met dis guy. A sonographer. He is cool and lively. Though I did not fall in love with him dat moment but as time went by I noticed he is unique in a special way i cannot explain here. Since April dis year I have dis deep feelings for him. I see him in dreams, I think of him every time though I tried to block him from my thoughts but I couldn't do dat. I don't know how to be in love means but I think am in love with him. Am contemplating whether to tell him or let it slide. I dont want to be embarrassed. Any time I visit d scan center, I ensure I see him .My present relationship is not working out. Am in an abusive relationship dat am trying to pull out from. I don't knw if falling in love again is a normal thing for me right now. Am soooo confused on what to do. I don't know who to tell since people tends to use ones weakness to criticize. At least nobody know me here so I had to voice out here. Pls I need matured advice.
Guppyfish:
I don't just feel it is fun to walk off a relationship of 8 yrs. So believe me when I said am confused on what to do. It is better to walk out than to stay back and cheat

Op you lie
So its all about you?
shocked shocked
Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by MetroBaba1(m): 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
OK No Problem no body is perfected. am a student, I need to help every part, with my life, now I want growth if you need to help I like, my head on the ground.
Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by Seanjay(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
Let her leave it never too late to start afresh at least safe and far away from that monster she called her husband no matter what she had done the man shouldnt have treat her like piss of trash at least let her leave now that she is still alive to tell the story my opinion tho
Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by efighter: 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2018
Dyt:
No
She can't leave

9years and she thinks its time to leave?
How will she cope not enjoying the luxury?
She has always loved the Mrs tag

The cars
The house and all of

But come to think of it
9years and no savings whatsoever?

I am here to read
***continues eating my rice****

I kuku know the wife won't leave
No matter what she's told
**picks teeth***

Now, you got the point. She married for the money and comfort. For 9 years she could not leave because the money and comfort will end. For 9 years she could not save from all the money she got from the "rich" husband. Now, tell her this "if she does not leave the beast's house, then one day very very soon, the rich beast will send the gold digger to God"
Re: A Friend Need Advice On Domestic Abuse. by adontcare(f): 12:01am On Jan 06, 2018
efighter:

Now, you got the point. She married for the money and comfort. For 9 years she could not leave because the money and comfort will end. For 9 years she could not save from all the money she got from the "rich" husband. Now, tell her this "if she does not leave the beast's house, then one day very very soon, the rich beast will send the gold digger to God"
u r really wonderful. So u v concluded dat she is a goldigger. What if they married when d guy had nothing? And what if d husband do not give her anything?

(1) (Reply)

Psychologists Warn: Never Say These 5 Phrases To Your Children / Advise / How Can She Get Her Property Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.