Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570730 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by purples25(f): 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
cbella:

Aww, sorry babes � �.. Welcome

Thanks cbella. How've you been ?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
Dedication:
Nickibeauty (Happy belated birthday)

BEATRICE
I got back to Enugu, very tired and worn out. The bus I boarded was faulty. We had to be transferred to another bus. It was a stressful journey. I had a thorough bath when I got back home. I lay quietly on bed, I doubt if my sons even noticed my absence.

I remember the day the police came to arrest me at my store. The humiliation was much in the presence of everyone. You need to see the crowd that was gathered in front of my store when I was been taken away just to feed their eyes.

I put myself together and decided to feed my stomach. I won't give up without a fight. Fine, I signed an undertaking. If I can't get them physically, then there's another way.

MUMMY EJIOFOR
The door bell rang and I got the door. I opened the door to Afam and offered him a sit. But instead of sitting, he hugged me instead. A tear escaped my eyes.
"I'm sorry for bringing troubles your way" he said.
"It's okay. We are in this together" I said as we took our seats.
"Crystal's car is not in the compound"
"Yes, she's not back. Afam I can't allow you send the mother of your children to prison. I can't live with that"
"Amara, I know everything you did was for me. So let's put that behind us"
"We'll continue to pray for God's protection. He will surely keep us safe from her"
"Amen. Are we good now" he asked.
"Yes we are" I replied with a smile. He held my hand and looked into my eyes.
"Move in with me Amara"
"What! That's not possible"

______________Toyin Taiwo
"Then let's make it possible"
"How?"
"Marry me!"
I laughed and laughed and laughed and he was right there just watching.
"At what age Afam?"
"Amara, is there a age restrictions for marriage? I mean aside minors"
"Afam!"
"Please think about it"
"I'll pray about it"
"Good, please do. Now let's finalize our plans for Saturday"
"Let me go in and get the estimation list"
"Ok. Go ahead"
"Before that let me get you something to drink first" I said and went to the kitchen. I brought a pack of juice and glass cup in a tray. I served him and excused myself.

____________________Toyin Taiwo

CRYSTAL
The house warming party went well as planned. Trust my friends they were all around to grace the occasion. My dad was so happy at the turn out of my friends. You know my friends alone her enough to make up a party. Lol
I must confess I was so happy having my Dad very close is something I wouldn't trade right now for anything in the world especially now that I've come to love him.
Trust Oba, Daddy Afam's adopted son(smile) he was all over the place fixing one thing or the other. He ensured all the guests were satisfied. I'm beginning to like him more. Though we never raised the issue we had between us, the both of us did well to sweep it under the carpet.
Dad gave mum and I a room each including Oba. He said we can come in anytime 'It's our home' that was what he told the three of us before the party started.
I can't wait for my mum and dad to come back together. I love what I saw today and I wish things remain like that.
After the ceremony, the other guests from mum and Dad's side left. The cleaners we're at alert and started their work immediately.
My friends were already at the building at the back of the house where our emergency meeting is to be held. I joined them when I was done supervising the cleaners. Leaving the rest to Oba to help me handle.
They we're all settled down waiting for me I guess. First of all I thank everyone for gracing the occasion. Then I told them we have an issue that needed urgent attention to discuss. Having said that, I called Soma out.

He stepped out and stood in front of everyone while I took the front seat.

SOMA
I greeted everyone and presented my case.
Me: House as we all know that Crystal and I were not able to move forward after the incident that happened between us. Many of the guys had called me privately to ask if there's any progress and I told them that Crystal only see me as a friend now, she feels nothing for me again. So I had to move on. I'm standing here before you today to seek your consent as regard the woman I want to be with. I beckoned to Ezinne to come forward.
Onochie: What’s going on here? (Sarcasm written in his tone)
Zite: Onochie, Let him land. Please...
Soma: Ezinne and I like each other and we want to start dating.
Enitan: You want to...or you already are.
Soma: Excuse me, where did you get that from?
Ezinne: Enitan we are close but we are not dating.
Enitan: We saw you two kissing. Crystal, Hauwa. Why are you not talking?
Crystal: Kissing someone doesn't mean they are dating. Plus you don't really have to say that. It's supposed to be private.
Enitan: Really!
Crystal: Oh! you think I don't know what all this is about? You took this personal because I'm involved. Please the world does not revolves around Crystal. The world does not revolves around me, so you people should just stop and do the right thing.
Dume: You ladies should just calm down and allow us process everything that has been said.
Enitan: There's nothing to process here.
Onochie: She's right, there's nothing to process, we have rules.
Feso: We know but we still have to discuss this. This is happening for the first time in our circle.
Hauwa: You people should keep your voice down o. You know where we are. Ehn! Don Allah!
Soma: See, I understand we have rules but I can't let that get in the way of our happiness.
Onochie: Some rules can't be broken, you know!
Crystal: Well..... I'm breaking this rule.
Enitan: What did you just say?
Crystal: You heard me Enitan. Wait! Is he your ex?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Gody05(m): 12:04am On Feb 27, 2018
well done author, you really tried and your story is mesmerizing and captivating, can't remember how many times I read and laughed out loud, I don't usually read story on nairaland maybe because there are many but something made me picked us to read and am glad I don't regret nor wasted my time so far... Thank you and God bless

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 12:27am On Feb 27, 2018
I trust Beatrice won't just repent like that. She will try sha but darkness can't not prevail over light.

Mummy Ejiofor and daddy Afam should do fast

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 10:11am On Feb 27, 2018
Naso jhor. Make den dey pray like say 2moro no dey cuz na only God fit help dem

Pearl05:
I trust Beatrice won't just repent like that. She will try sha but darkness can't not prevail over light.

abi oo. E go make sense pa ni
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by bimberry1307(f): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2018
thanks baby, for this piece.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 11:24am On Feb 27, 2018
Thanks ma'am
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
Its like yawa wan gas..... But meanwhile, why is Enitan taking things personal cos me I'm not understanding

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by WHOcarex: 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
If the rule breaks, then it wasn't strong in the first place

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
Pearl05:

Me I don't want them together lol
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
WHOcarex:
It the rule breaks, then it wasn't strong in the first place

Some rules no matter how strong they are can be broken when there is LOVE.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Leesah(f): 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
Mcweber:
Its like yawa wan gas..... But meanwhile, why is Enitan taking things personal cos me I'm not understanding
exactly my thoughts but you know we ladies can be overprotective of our girlfriend(s) especially the ones we don't want to be hurt and the ones we could go extra miles for. she probably thinks soma is best for crystal so, she wants this movie kinda love where friends marry friends and no one breaks the circle, then they also go for vacation together and all. whatever her reason is, I hope it's for the best and I also hope she comes to accept the breakup and the new found love. rachealfst, more ideas to you.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
lonesome501:
i no lyk hw d woman dey play her game,,i dey okay jare my lady..its been a long tym na,,shey u travelld.
me travel ke...person wey no get sub 4 phone dey hide face naw.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2018
yvesboss:

Transfer the mb naa
no wahala...oya recieve it.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by misstasha(f): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
They say you can’t achieve much earning a salary. Well, “they” say a lot of things. We say let’s help you achieve more.
We guarantee a complete non-disclosure of our customer’s personal and transactional information.

Page Financials grants safe, secure and quick loans without collateral or quarantor
With a flat interest rate of 4.99% for current account holders

Documents required: Valid govenment issued Id card, BVN, passport photographs, 6 months bank statements, NUBAN compliant cheque
Lowest loan amount:2,00,000 highest loan amount: 2,500,000
Duration for payment:3-10months
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by misstasha(f): 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
misstasha:
They say you can’t achieve much earning a salary. Well, “they” say a lot of things. We say let’s help you achieve more.
We guarantee a complete non-disclosure of our customer’s personal and transactional information.

Page Financials grants safe, secure and quick loans without collateral or quarantor

Documents required: Valid govenment issued Id card, BVN, passport photographs, 6 months bank statements, NUBAN compliant cheque

Kindly call or send SMS me on 08091545855
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
Gody05:
well done author, you really tried and your story is mesmerizing and captivating, can't remember how many times I read and laughed out loud, I don't usually read story on nairaland maybe because there are many but something made me picked us to read and am glad I don't regret nor wasted my time so far... Thank you and God bless
God bless you too. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
Leesah:

exactly my thoughts but you know we ladies can be overprotective of our girlfriend(s) especially the ones we don't want to be hurt and the ones we could go extra miles for. she probably thinks soma is best for crystal so, she wants this movie kinda love where friends marry friends and no one breaks the circle, then they also go for vacation together and all. whatever her reason is, I hope it's for the best and I also hope she comes to accept the breakup and the new found love. rachealfst, more ideas to you.
well, lets just fold our arms and see how thing unfolds
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by WHOcarex: 4:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
cbella:

Some rules no matter how strong they are can be broken when there is LOVE.
When there is LOVE you say. But in this situation it isn't. Girl, if you see love you go fear love o. Love break the unbreakable sha. I don't know why I don't believe they are in love. Maybe because I'm not in support of Soma-Ezinne grin . Team Ezinne-Onoche grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olatex25(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
I was just smiling all tru while reading d drama uphold by ladies... very funny, and dis line got me cracking " is he ur ex? ".. lol...

in btw

reachelfst u've done well, more ink to ur pen...

modify

that Beatrice won't give up, the kind of thunder way go strike her still dey eleko beach dey flex .. by d time e tru wit flexing eh, it will just be too late for her.. and she's turning a deaf hear to karma warning ⚠ ⚠... and karma no dey joke with person.. make I reserve my comment....

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by itsandi(m): 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by lonesome501(m): 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
vickyluvspices:
me travel ke...person wey no get sub 4 phone dey hide face naw.
eeyah!! sowi to hear dat..buh,i would pray 4 u anyways,,so kneel and let us pray.. d lord would shower u wit heavenly mb straight to ur phone,,d lord would throway u unlimited mbs dat would last 4 eternity ""ar u even sayin a thunderous amen "",,dnt bother sending sum to me,,what ar fwends 4.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
thanks rachealfst for the dedication heart you.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
lonesome501:
eeyah!! sowi to hear dat..buh,i would pray 4 u anyways,,so kneel and let us pray.. d lord would shower u wit heavenly mb straight to ur phone,,d lord would throway u unlimited mbs dat would last 4 eternity ""ar u even sayin a thunderous amen "",,dnt bother sending sum to me,,what ar fwends 4.
'a thunderous ear splinting amen to that' thanks frwed.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ebigbola(f): 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
misstasha:

am interested 08036092051
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olatex25(m): 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
vickyluvspices:
'a thunderous ear splinting amen to that' thanks frwed.
continue deceiving urself...
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by hebraheem20(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2018
God will bless you for this wonderful story. Have been out for a while only to come back and still met the story undiluted. Great job.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by hebraheem20(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2018
God will bless you for this wonderful story. Have been out for a while only to come back and still met the story undiluted. Great job.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 9:39am On Feb 28, 2018
olatex25:
continue deceiving urself...
LOL
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by wizsolzy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
thanks for the update
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:31am On Mar 01, 2018
Dedication:
hebraheem20, Whocarex, Gody05, Leesah, bimberry1307, skubido, purples25, odunmba Ipolefaith, Chibaby1976, yvesboss, onosj, Eddyella.

OBA
The whole house was sparkling clean, the cleaners did a great job. Daddy Afam insisted we pass the night at his place. By we, I mean Crystal, her mum and myself. He already allocated a room each for us.
He said he doesn't want to be alone on his first night at the new house though he had some employees in the house. A cook, gateman and a house keeper.
I was relaxing in my room in Daddy Afam's house. I heard a knock.
"Come in" I said.
"Hello, hope I'm not trespassing?"
"Common Crystal, not at all"
"Ok, I'm here to ask if you care for dinner"
"I don't think so. I'm full, I can't take anything again this night"
"That makes the four of us. Dad and mum said the same thing"
"It's like everyone had enough during the party"
"Yes all thanks to the caterers. Every dish they prepared made sense"
"You are right. They did a fantastic job"
"Let me go and inform the cook, she's waiting for my instructions on what to cook" she said and turned to leave.
"Crystal!" I called out and she turned to face me.
"Sorry I forgot to ask. How was the meeting with your friends. It's like you guys had an argument. I went to pick up something at the back of the house at that time you were having your meeting.
"Oh! It's a long story. Though we finally resolved it"
"Care to share?"
"We don't disclose whatever we discuss in our circle with people outside the circle"
"Oh! I get it. It's okay"
"I'll tell you though since I was involved in the issue too"
"Really!" I gestured for her to sit.

"You already about my past we Some right?" I nodded yes and she continued.
"Soma fell in love with another lady in the circle, Ezinne"
"And you are not comfortable with it?"
"Me! Why not, it's not about me. It's about the circle, we have rules and it says you can date another person's ex in the circle"
"Wow! So you can't date each other’s exes!”
"Yes, we can't. But I have to intervene since I'm no longer interested in Soma. I had to convince the rest to allow the relationship" she said and I smiled within.
"But you know what! The rule is good. It will prevent you people from hopping from one person to the other within the circle"
"You get it. Remember the day I met Soma, that was the reason for the meeting, he had to seek my consent first and I gave him my blessings"
"So they finally agreed"
"At the end they did. Case closed"
"Wow! What a circle! But I really love your circle of friends but I'm not in their class"
"No... it's not about class. It's just that we don't want to add new people to the circle again because our spouses who are not part of us will join once married. So we are trying to prevent crowd. Ezinne is just one lucky girl” She explained.
"So the only tickets available now is membership by marriage. Hmm"
"Something like that" She smiled.

I was really happy to hear the news that Soma is seeing someone else. The fact that Crystal was really over him gladdens my heart.
"Oba!"
"Yes..yes" I was already lost in thought. I sat close to her this time.
"Ehm...Now that Soma is out of the picture, when did you intend to start dating again?"
"Once I meet the right guy" she replied.
"So you haven't met one?"
"None that I'm sure of. Or you think I've met one?" She asked with a blank expression.

"I can't answer that" I replied and wondered if she’s teasing me or she’s been sincere with me.
"You know the cook is still waiting for me. I need to go now" She stood.
"Is that a good night" I asked.
"You know I'll come see you before I go to bed my friend. I doubt if mum and dad are aware that we are in this house together with them.
"Please let them be" I smiled at her slight tone of jealousy.
"Since they are engrossed in whatever they are discussing. Then I'll have to make you my buddy this night" She said before leaving.

BEATRICE
Ever since I came back from Lagos, my heart has been filled with abject bitterness and resentment. I'm still contemplating whether to let Afam and his new found family be or deal with them. The only thing that tied my hands at the moment is the stupid undertaking they made me sign.

I was already the talk of the town as I hear whispers around me. Everyone wants to know the reason behind my arrest but they should keep on wondering as I won't open my mouth to disclose what happen to anyone because they will only make things worse for me. I kept it away from my sons too, I can't let them know the truth, I'm their perfect mother.
The only thing that kept this scandal from affecting Afam is that most people don't know I'm his wife. So the scandal had no effect on his public image.

I was inside my office at the store in the early hour of the morning when I got a call from an unknown number.
"Is this Mrs. Beatrice Afam?" The caller asked.
"Yes, how may I help you?"
"Your attention is needed at Enugu teaching hospital ma"
"Hospital! For what?"
"Your children got into an accident. They were rushed to the hospital an hour ago. We got this number on the ID in their possession"
"Oh my God" I wailed, shivering on the phone.
"Take it easy ma, we'll be expecting you"
"I'm on my way!!" The line went off and I screamed and throw the phone on my table. My sales reps rushed into my office.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 2:03am On Mar 01, 2018
where is dat my good friend dat Said dat Crystal will die of jealousy pls come ooooo and read an see for urself. Dat serves Beatrice right. more ink to ur pen

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.