Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,181 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (571173 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Dessydemmy: 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
What a way to propose. On Crystal path I just hope history is about to repeat itself o. AYO im calling you now o, leave Oba and my sweet girl alone o.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
Madam I hail u for ur level of updates. I knew something this will happen.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
Thanks for the dedication and update ma'am.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 5:17pm On Mar 06, 2018
So Oba is still not awake yet from his slumber.... Let me go and come.

WOG please don't let Oba sleep too much

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
cbella:

Lol! How did you know I was the one. Chaiii who can help me change my name on NL lol.
Pearl05 I beg talk to her for me, biko.
Story is ready but for now let's concentrate on Crystal and Oba's ministry. grin

It won't disturb each other jo.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 6:27pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nickibeauty:
It won't disturb each other jo.

Dear, Cbella's hands are full at the moment so she won't be able to run the story.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2018
Dedication:
oakinefe, Dessydemmy, boriowope, oluwaseun15, Ebigbola, Holar995, temig, thioluwa09, yetejid, oluangelkay, nerd51, ayomikun95, jdluv

ENITAN
I got back home from the girls hangout. I got a called from my fiance as I stepped into my room. Feso and I talked for a while. Both of us are meeting with my uncles the next day to finalize the wedding date. The eldest of them will walk me down the aisle on my wedding day. After the call. I took my bath, change into my night dress. I lay on my bed and redialed Crystal number. I already called earlier but she didn't pick up.
"Hello"
"Enitan, I'm sorry I missed your call and that of others too. I was about to call you back" she apologized.
"Are you home now?"
"Yes, I got home not quite long"
"So why didn't you show up, you just say you won't be coming out to join us today. Are you ok?" I asked
"I'm fine. I was at Oba's place, he wasn't feeling well. You know he went to Enugu with Dad. So I got there and his condition required me to spend some time with him" she explained.
"Maybe it's the stress, how is he feeling now?"
"Better than the way I met him"
"Crystal!"
"Yes"
"Something is wrong here. And don't tell me it's nothing. So spill it"
"Oba asked me out!"
"Wow!!! Well I'm not that surprised. I took a close look at him on your Dad's house warming party. He's eyes were all over you" I confessed.
"Enitan!"
"Don't call my name. I wasn't the only one who noticed"
"Jesus Christ!
"That's why we let Soma off the hook. Since we sense you’ll move on anytime soon"
"Crystal's circle. I fear you guys"

____________Toyin Taiwo
"You know we all can't hide from each other. Back to Oba, what's your response? Hope you didn't turn him down" I asked.
"No, I didn't. I had something for him too. I wanted too gist you guys earlier but I wanted to be sure"
"Crystal I expect you to be happy but you are not. Is it becomes of his....
"No Enitan, it's just that there's this girl I met at his place. She's the landlord’s daughter and she's obsess with Oba"
"What did he say or you didn't ask him about the girl?"
"He said he has nothing to do with her. Though he agreed the girl has been all over him"
"Don't bother your head Crystal. You are the one he loves. He will put the girl in her place. So relax"
"Enitan, you don't get it. I'm in rivalry with an undergraduate for God sake"
"Oh! You want to sacrifice your happiness because you are not ready to contend with any woman!"
"Enitan this girl is not even in my level. So I'll have to compete with her because of a man!"
"There's no competition here. You have no business with her. Remember when Feso's secretary was hitting on him. He was the one who put her in her place. So leave your man to sort it out"
"Ok ooo"
"Crystal, don't ruin this beautiful relationship before it even start because of one girl. You deserve to be happy"
"I hear you and I feel relieved girlfriend. Thanks.
"You are welcome. Congratulations" I said cheerfully"
"Thanks dear"
I asked her when she'll tell the others and she promised to tell them soon.
I was so happy when I ended the call. "At last" I said. We've all been worried for Crystal and finally she found love again. I’m sure the house will be happy about the news the only person who can bad mouth Oba is that big mouth Onochie. And I'm sure the guys will shut him up. I'm glad everyone is taking. So the wedding bells should start ringing.

_________Toyin Taiwo

CRYSTAL
After Sunday service I went to check on Oba. I was happy with the way I met him. His face is much brighter now and the smiles has returned.
We hugged each other as he opened the door to me. He thanked me whole heartedly for taking care of him.
"Oba you've done much more for myself and my family. You don't need to thank me" I said and he smiled.
I also asked him if he went to the hospital for his injections and he told me he went.
"How are you feeling now?"
"I feel like I can climb mountain Everest" We both laughed at this jokes.
"Now that I'm no longer sick. I hereby relieve you of all your nursing duties" he said jokingly.
"Seriously! I said and we both laughed. He hugged me one more time before I took a seat.
"How's service?" He asked
"Awesome. Dad and Mum sent their regards"
"Yeah, they called me too. It's like your mum is still at his place"
"Yes, but she came home last night. And she's there now, she left for his place after the service. We had to take different cars to the church. But she's coming back home today, work starts tomorrow”
"Those two should just get married abeg. They deserved to be happy after all this years"
"I think my dad is doing the wooing already. I pray mum agrees"
"She will, trust me" he assured.
I brought out the food I brought for him and told him I brought him food.
"When did you make this?"
"After service" I replied. I carried the food flask to the kitchen and served both of us.
I placed a plate of rice and chicken before him.
"Thank you...." He said salivating. "I will eat it well. I'm sure I'll finish it all" he said.

____________Toyin Taiwo
"That's what I want too. Now eat on" I said as I ate from my plate.
We finished eating and I cleared the dishes. I joined him later.
"Thanks for the delicious meal sweetheart"
"Hmm.... sweetheart!"
"What?"
"Nothing"
"I thought I'm free to call you that now that we are dating"
"Of course you can. I just heard you call me that for the first time. That's all"
"Get use to it my darling cos I'll use all the sweet words I can think of for you"
"Okay...... sweetheart" I said and he smiled.
"I love that!" He said.
The TV was on but no one is paying attention as we are engrossed in our discussion. I asked him his genotype
"AA and I know you are AA too" He replied.
"Yes, I remembered you stylishly asked me some weeks back"
"Yes, I had to know before asking you out" he winked.
We talked about so many things. His family, his dreams and things we rarely know about each other. He also promised to take me to meet his family.

We heard a knock on the door and I need no one to tell me it was Ayo. Oba opened the door and speaking of the devil, she walked in with a bag in her hand. She didn't greet me and I kept quiet too.
"Oba, I brought you lunch" she said smiling at him.
"That's thoughtful of you but next time you shouldn't have bothered. I just had lunch, my girlfriend brought me lunch" he said with a straight face.
"Girlfriend! But you said.....
"I know what I said yesterday! She's my girlfriend Ayo. And if you want us to still remain friends then you have to respect her the way you respect me. Also, I just pretended I didn't know you didn't greet her when you came in"

____________Toyin Taiwo
"Oh! I thought I did" she defended and Oba feigned a smile.
"Anyways, thanks for the food. I'll eat it in the evening"
She said she'll come back for the food flask but Oba told him to wait and collect it. He went into the kitchen with the food and came back with a washed food flask. He handed it to her.
"You washed it, you shouldn't have bothered" She said
"That’s the right thing to do, thanks anyway"
She told him she'll be leaving for school the next day and promised to check on him before leaving.
When she left, I went into the kitchen and saw the food inside a polythene bag. I smiled "This guy is wise" I said to myself.
I went back into the room. "Oba, I thought you'll eat the food"
"Crystal I wasn't born yesterday"
"Good" That was all I said.

I checked the time, it was past 5pm. I told him I was leaving so I could prepare for Monday. I reminded him to take his drugs and go for his last injection the next day. And he promised to do so. I also told him to rest for few days before he starts work and he should also call me if he needs anything.
He offered to see me off to the car but I told him not to bother.

I was about to unlock the car door, then I saw Ayo walking up to me. So I decided not to open the door yet. It was glaring that she was coming for me.
"What do you want from him?" She asked hands akimbo.
“You’ve got some nerves you know!" I faced her.
"This guy is not even your class. Why can't you leave him for people like us who are not as high and mighty as you are" she said while I remain silent.
She continued. "Look at the car you’re cruising and you are dating a cab driver. Don’t you have men from your caliber you can date!" She said and I just smiled.

____________Toyin Taiwo
"I wish you knew my ex and how rich and classy he is but I don't date for class. I date for love"
"You love a guy who can't afford to take care of you to your taste. I'm still a student and still have few years ahead of me and by the time I'm through, Oba would have upgraded his standard and I can marry him”
I unlocked the car door and entered the car and closed the door while she was standing there watching me.
I whined down the glass half way for me to see her eye ball to eye ball.
“Ayo! Woman to woman, I have a little advice for you. Don't force yourself on a guy who have eyes for another woman. It's just a pure waste of precious time" I advised, whined up and drove past her.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
cbella:
So Oba is still not awake yet from his slumber.... Let me go and come.

WOG please don't let Oba sleep too much
WOG 2, Oba haff wake up since na...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nice story ma'am

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by arikedunjoye(f): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by RichieBrown(m): 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
Shit man!!! See mortal kombat finishing. Ayo you make me laugh Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! Cyrstal gave her brutality.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by bigbauer(m): 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
rachealfst:

I whined down the glass half way for me to see her eye ball to eye ball.

“Ayo! Woman to woman, I have a little advice for you. Don't force yourself on a guy who have eyes for another woman. It's just a pure waste of precious time" I advised, whined up and drove past her.

Now this is called declaration of purpose. Great work. This should be put on the screens.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
Crystal is bae

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ayo get mind like upcoming witch.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
aprilwise:
Jesus! upcoming witch? Lol. Nairalanders won't kill me o. Lol
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
I love the reply Crystal gave Ayo Why forcing your self on someone who has eyes for another.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
cbella:

She's another Beatrice in the making.... Just like her mom, history might repeat itself.

When I see over obsessive women like this then I begin to boil.

Oba too is so foolish to give out his key and can't put Ayo in her place from the beginning.

Crystal with a calm and good personality is about to enter something called relationship....... Chaiii
Lol but I know the calm and good Crystal isn't a dumbo

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update... Jah bless ur hand work

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 9:05pm On Mar 06, 2018
aprilwise:

Good that she is still up coming, so we can frustrate her career.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
RichieBrown:
Shit man!!! See mortal kombat finishing. Ayo you make me laugh Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! Cyrstal gave her brutality.

chai, broz naso jhor. na confirm wan@d finishing,, e go pain her ehn.. Bad belle

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2018
Rachealfst thanks for the update..... Team crystal and Oba

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emerituscalculus(m): 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
ghost mode deactivated...

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 9:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
Enitan advice really worked for Crystal if not yawa would have gash
That girl is strong but could be lefulefu sometimes
Enu ise madam rachealfst

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by CHINEX1055(m): 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
Good storyline. I enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yvesboss(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
That Crystal's closing remark is called SMACKDOWN

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 2:52am On Mar 07, 2018
Pearl05:

Dear, Cbella's hands are full at the moment so she won't be able to run the story.

grin grin grin cool
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by RichieBrown(m): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2018
skubido:

chai, broz naso jhor. na confirm wan@d finishing,, e go pain her ehn.. Bad belle
. Hehehehehe abi na grin
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by bimberry1307(f): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2018
ayo the ayo, did you get the message?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Brey(f): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2018
please my beloved people,vote for your baby Grace Adogah at www.cussonsbaby.com.ng and type search Grace Adogah and vote.God bless you as you vote

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Dessydemmy: 9:47am On Mar 07, 2018
Thanks dear for the mention.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sojikhing: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2018
Gbam!!! that's the way. hope Ayo go give herself brain. grin grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2018
Following bumper to bumper

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.