Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (576288 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jaytoy(f): 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2018
Jasminelove:
babe you funny no be small lol....... Well when you are ready just let me know so dat we will discuss prices
oya na I done ready. Just Samar me ur acc number make I sharperly ping ur acc. Party rice dey hungry me.
Abeg wet our wedding planners? Abi make I plan am? I get PhD for wedding planning but SSCE for burial planning
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by jeweltab(f): 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2018
wow!!! first time to comment on nairaland, I've been a ghost reader for years,but this story actually pushed me into joining nairaland, I must say you are doing a great job, more wisdom to you madam

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Harwal: 11:57am On Mar 14, 2018
jeweltab:
wow!!! first time to comment on nairaland, I've been a ghost reader for years,but this story actually pushed me into joining nairaland, I must say you are doing a great job, more wisdom to you madam
ghost reader and u opened ur account 17th of March.....weee yhuuuuu keeeep kwayeeeeet... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 6:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Harwal:
ghost reader and u opened ur account 17th of March.....weee yhuuuuu keeeep kwayeeeeet... grin grin grin

chai, na wa oo.

Abeg i no fit laugh jhor
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yvesboss(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2018
Harwal:

It can be as a guest na

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by jeweltab(f): 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
Harwal:
you have to check well, because I opened this account just yesterday, 3rd of March, 2018
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by jeweltab(f): 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
yvesboss:

It can be as a guest na
help me tell them o
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:44am On Mar 15, 2018
Dedication:
Deckline, Jaytoy, Peculiariconcept, onosj, ayotomiwa01, joromi36, jeweltab, Ennyolah, jullyrosy, D2Seun, Xteljay, timota, oluwatoyinrotiba

AFAM
It was the grand opening of the company and everything turned out perfectly well. Thanks to my wife the chief event planner herself. She put in all efforts to ensure the occasion turned out successful.

When it was time for me to give my speech. I told everyone present about my success story and how my wife inspired my success. I told them how AFAMARS was coined from my wife's name and I. The crowd gave a round of applause when I revealed to them. After the applause, I continued my speech.
"If you take a look at the name of the company written everywhere around you. You'll notice there's a little change. The name of the company is now AFAMAR C.
The C stands for the name of my precious and only daughter standing right next to me, Crystal!"
I kissed her on the cheeks and hugged her while the guest gave a standing ovation with a resounding applause.
"Dad you know I've been wondering since I got here what the C stands for. You shouldn't have done that!" She whispered into my ear.

"I should have done that a long time ago my dear" I whispered back.

"Thanks Dad, I'm greatly honored" She said while I gestured her to sit and commence my speech.
I acknowledged everyone who came and I did not forget to mention Oba, my son in law to be for his support ever since the day our path crossed.

Few hours later the party was over and we left as soon as most of the guest left.

On our way home, my driver was behind the wheels while my wife and I sat at the back seat.
My wife and I were gisting about the event when I heard my phone rang. The caller was Ikenna, Beatrice's younger brother. Who is also her next of kin. At first I did not want to pick up because I don't want anything to ruin the day. My wife urged me to pick it which I did.
"Uncle Afam! Beatrice is dead!"

______________Toyin Taiwo
"What! Dead! How?" I asked impatiently, my wife already held my left hand looking right into my eyes in fear.
"She was hit by a hit and run vehicle. I was called because I was the next kin on her ID. I was told to come and identity her body which I just did. Beatrice is dead I just confirmed it” He said and I could feel the pain in his voice.

"Oh my Goodness! I just lost three sons three months ago, now their mother!" I lamented.

"There's no point keeping her for long in the mortuary since she has no children. I think we should just bury her at once" Ikenna suggested.

"You are right. I agree with you"

"You need to come to Enugu for the burial rite"

"I beg your pardon!"

"Ikenna, I'm not her husband by law and custom. You know this"

"My kinsmen didn't returned her bride price"

"That's because I told your mother to keep it"

"In case you don't know my mother never told the kinsmen that Beatrice is divorced, she didn't tell because of shame"

"And whose fault was that! Your mother and sister hypnotized me for years"

"More reason why it wasn't obvious to all the family because you were still living together as husband and wife"

"Oh! In case you don't know I already told your kinsmen the truth during our sons burial"

"Please, I beg of you. We can't afford to let her be buried with the shame that she had no children and husband. The villagers did not know the truth and it will be a ridicule. Please cover her shame even in death.

"Ikenna, let me think it through. I'll call you back"
I ended the call and explained everything Ikenna said to my wife.

"First and foremost, I’m sorry for your loss. My love! Beatrice bore you three sons, even if they are no more. You have to perform the burial rite, If not for anything do it in respect for your dead sons. Don't let the mother of your children be exposed to ridicule even in death, you know how the custom in our place is. They will spit on her grave"

______________Toyin Taiwo
"And you think Beatrice didn't deserve that!"

"Di !” (Husband!) she gave me a look that call me to order.

"Fine! I'll call Ikenna back"

"Daalu di m” (Thank you my husband) And I promised to stand by you although the burial"

"Thank you, you really have a kind heart"
I called Ikenna back and told him I'll be in Enugu the next day.

My wife and I arrived Enugu safely. We also came with one of the house helps to help with the cooking and all. I don't want Amara to sleep in the house I once shared with Beatrice so we lodge in one of my houses in Enugu, since our home town is not too far from the city.
Ikenna came to the house with some of the kinsmen who knew the whole story. My wife came to welcome them and instructed the house help to served them drinks.

They thanked and prayed for Amara. The eldest of them spoke.
"You are a good woman, if not, you won't allow your husband to come for the rite not to talk of coming with him. May God bless you and protect you and your family from all evil"

"Amen! Everyone in the room chorused.
They gave me a very long list of things to get for the burial rite.

"Just tell me how much everything will cost" I said to them.

"Let's say #150,000" one of them replied.

I went into the room and came back with two envelope one contained #200,000 and the other envelope contained #800,000. I gave the kinsmen #200,000 to buy whatever they needed for the burial rite. I handed the envelope with #800,000 over to Ikenna, I told him to get casket and use the remaining money to cater for guests coming for the burial. They all thanked me all over again. We concluded on burying her remains that very week so I could return to Lagos since I no longer stay in Enugu.

_______________Toyin Taiwo
Crystal and Oba called in the evening. The two spoke with my wife and I and asked how the burial arrangements was going which I explained to them.

Three days later, Beatrice was given a befitting burial.
After the burial, Beatrice family members called a brief meeting. They thanked me and my wife for standing by them all through. They also apologized for what Beatrice did to me. I told them that it's all in the past. I dropped some cash for the elders after the meeting and they were so grateful.
The next day, we traveled back to Lagos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the shoutout. First to comment. ehya... I feel for beatrice o. Desperate women shaaa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 11:34am On Mar 15, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update ma.. More ink 2 ur pen. Jah bless.
RESPECT

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2018
Eeyah,oga o

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by veenessha(f): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
Aunt Taiwo thanks for the update, when is crystal and oba's wedding

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
Wao Ayo Ayo I wish you know about Beatrice you won't think twice

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jasminelove(f): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the update dearie

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
Issorite
Just tell me the truth that Crystal feed Oba with forbidden fruit
And the edge is broken....shikenna
This is what I am waiting for.
Sweet popcorn for you dearie

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by stevodot22(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
Just can't stop loving this piece. Thank God for karma that caught up with Beatrice, may her wicked soul rest in hell.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
Beatrice shouldn't just die like that she should ve confess all are atrocities for people to know who she is. still on of the best story on this platform

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
See as Beatrice die like bird. Wickedness never pays. cool

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by superjaks(m): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
If Rachealfst no mention me on her next post, Walai talai I will burn down the thread grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by timota(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
The death of beatrice is just Gods way of showing Amara mercy cos as long as ones spouse is still alive any marriage done is null and void in the sight of God.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Diamondmae: 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
tanks for d mention.... dat serve Beatrice right, the evil dat men do live wt them

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Stillnigga(m): 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
shocked Beatrice dead!!! Then what will happen to the spell she casted on Oba and Crystal or it wasn't effective. Can't wait for the next update. Nice work reachelfst .�� cool shocked

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the update, but i think beatrice is not dead.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
TEMMYtopeadex:
Thanks for the update, but i think beatrice
is not dead.

really
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olatex25(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
"What's going on here?"
I released Amara from the embrace, we both look back and standing by the door is Crystal and Oba... don't skipped dis pls, I'll like to know ow d drama uphold....

Eiyah so dat witch just die like dat, I know thunder go still fire her in her grave. am 100% sure

reachelfst I dey gbadun ur style, kip it up dear

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 16, 2018
people who patronize native doctors wouldn't like this update.

Toyin Toma, well come oooh
how your P.A (Cbella)? lol

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Harwal: 1:35am On Mar 16, 2018
jeweltab:
you have to check well, because I opened this account just yesterday, 3rd of March, 2018

Check well bro
Check ur profile
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by wizsolzy(m): 4:54am On Mar 16, 2018
Nice story Mama d Mama... Oya sup kwis... but no tell bros say I give u kwis oooo grin grin..

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 7:00am On Mar 16, 2018
wizsolzy:
Nice story Mama d Mama... Oya sup kwis... but no tell bros say I give u kwis oooo grin grin..

guy uno maybe broz imself dey watch u nau. Lolzzz,

me do waka pass oo. Incase if kasala wan burst.

Good morning to u all. Hope d night make sense?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 7:09am On Mar 16, 2018
wizsolzy:

guy uno maybe broz imself dey watch u so. Lolzzz,

me do waka pass oo. Incase if kasala wan burst.

Good morning to u all. Hope d night make sense?

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Funstel: 8:14am On Mar 16, 2018
welldone ma....interesting story

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.