Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Don't Lose Your Phone Contacts Again, Learn How To Save Your Contacts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Lose Your Phone Contacts Again, Learn How To Save Your Contacts (747 Views)

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. / Can Your Bank Send A Text To All Your Contacts? / How To Never Lose Your Phone Contacts Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Lose Your Phone Contacts Again, Learn How To Save Your Contacts by Olukodo: 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
Note ;
this article is authored at;
http://www.syodesk.com/2017/09/how-to-backup-your-phone-contacts.html?m=1
(For the tutorial with images (screenshot) visit the link now)

Losing one's whole contacts (phone numbers) is a great calamity most especially for politicians, business managers, real and international business director and higher institution students tShis is because when one loses one's contacts there is tendency that some numbers may not be regained, hence once talked to myself on how this problem could be absolutely put stopped to because a person can without not avoid losing or simcard damage if not stolen then may be lost and or even if not lost may be damaged without any cause.
Therefore, I am indulged and feel totally happy to bring this benefit-exclusive tutorial to the hearing of my readers and I do hope it is gonna be useful.

Have you gotten many contacts on your phone and you want to keep them permanently secured?

OK, I have said it all before now that I'll drop the tutorial now, just read me throughout;

A permanent solution to keeping your phone numbers rely solely on Google storage called GOOGLE DRIVE which can as well be used for not alone phone numbers.
You may ask What is Google Drive?
Google drive is one of Google's softwares that is used for keeping essential documents such as; school certificates, business records, educational documents, scanned documents and or religious videos e.t.c.
Now, this software (Google Drive) may be found in some phones but not all, if you can find it on your own phone you are good to go but if you cannot find it then don't be panicked I'll rescue you out with this post on getting yours.

To download Google Drive on your android phone you need to do that using Playstore playstore is also a Google software that android users use to download and install applications.
This software (Playstore) automatically found in all android phones.
Check yours, if you are not found of using this software and you want to use it the first time it will ask you to input and log in your gmail account do as requested and then follow more.
After logging in, your log in looks like the picture below

Now, you need to search and download Google Drive by searching using the method below

OK, Pick the name which I marked behind and then you next page is going to look like this

Now, Click on "Install" then allow it to be installed successfully.
Now go back to your phone menu (Application menu) and search for "Drive"
The application is always the same in all phone, it is should be exactly like the one on picture below

Now, that you've installed your "Google Drive" you will now search for "Contacts"
the normal you usually use phone saving numbers.
Note: I mean "Contacts" not "Phone" see it below on this picture

Click to open it, you know contact is always like this sample

good, now select all your contacts by firstly clicking on only one then look at your upper left-hand corner and click on "select all" as showing below

When you have clicked on one number then after it you clicked "Select" then "Select all" as you are instructed you should arrive to what you can see on the picture below

As you can also see it below, I have marked/selected "281" numbers below.
Your contacts would determine the number of numbers yours would be.
Now, you are to share the selected numbers to your Google Drive by looking up at your upper-hand right side and click on the "..." (Three dots) which is computerly called "Drop down" as seen below Delete, Emerge, Share in some phone it usually not the same but whatever be the case all you need to do is just this button called "Share" see an example below

When you've clicked it you will this cover another drop down inside it which displays some texts which are

Now, click on the "share" button and this page will be prompted up

When you have shared it, you will be taken to your Google drive page, but you are a first time user, you will need to scroll down a little before you see the Google Drive application after chosen "share " and some time you will need to click "See all" so as to see all the softwares that you have not chosen this "share" for previously whatever deem suitable then do and let's proceed.
Here you are clicking your share button this is the next page you will see

In document tittle chose any name you will like your file to be backup with, for example in my own I have chosen "Mtn ii" meaning that my SIM 2 which is my MTN line contacts, now you just to change it from "vcards_20170930_074121.vcf" from that to any name you prefer but don't ever change " .vcf " because that is the file extension that you documents would be saved with.
On the account you may change it or leave it, but ensure it set to your current gmail address which you you used to signed in your Google Drive (Google Account products such as ; Google +, Gmail etc) after all this now click on "Save" .
_
After saving it, it will be moved to Google but not yet been saved because it will be awaiting you to connect to a Wi-Fi network which seems annoying, but to avoid waiting open back your Google Drive and then click on the reload button as seen on my picture below
You may also wipe down your phone screen as you used to d whenever you want to on your mobile data and click as seen below

Congratulations! You've just learnt a permanent storage which keeps your documents for future reference, now this next thing you need to learn is how to restore your contact back when your SIMCARD damaged or lost .

HOW TO RESTORE YOUR CONTACT WHEN YOU HAVE GOT A NEW PHONE
This on your new device (phone) open Google drive and then click on your saved document then you will be asked if you want to restore it just press "Yes" then select where you will like to restore it to e.g SIM 1 or SIM 2 and even you may restore it to your gmail and it will appear on your contact after restoring it.
See this picture for example

this is what you will see on your screen once you clicked on your backup contacts, then below is where you are to chose where you will like to save your restoring contacts to, see it below
when your resorting (Import ) is processing you will see this

Now finally, you're done, when it is done you will see a success message on your screen.
Note: all the process cannot take more than 1minute no matter how large your contact is.
Now that you have done all this check back your "Contact" to access your numbers.

I will like to receive your questions and suggestions below and don't forget to share (Syodesk.com) us with your friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Lose Your Phone Contacts Again, Learn How To Save Your Contacts by deveauwelle32: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2018
Well, it is necessary to backup Android contacts from the phone, just few clicks, and then you can save the contacts on a copy file.

After doing that, you don't need to worry about data loss problem of your phone, you can see the following guide to get the steps, and quickly backup all the contacts of your device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn-0OhfE1Z0
Re: Don't Lose Your Phone Contacts Again, Learn How To Save Your Contacts by mezicklivi04: 4:39am On Jan 25, 2018
If you want to save your contacts in a safe way, it is not difficult to do that, what you need is using backup tool to transfer your contacts on the computer effectively. And you can also manage your phone contacts on computer.

To get the steps, you can look at this guide video to understand the steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgZgUaeQ_M4

(1) (Reply)

Blackview P6000 Beats The Camon CM / Nokia Lumia 630 Dual Sim For Sale / The Phone You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.