Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

My Baby Was Left Out From Jan. 1 World Record- Nigerian Newborn Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Was Left Out From Jan. 1 World Record- Nigerian Newborn Father (749 Views)

My Baby Was On Life Support; A Nairalander Paid Her Bills (Pics) / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / My Baby's Transformation... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Was Left Out From Jan. 1 World Record- Nigerian Newborn Father by nazzyon(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
My baby was left out from Jan. 1 world record- Nigerian newborn father

By Abdulwaheed Usamah and Adewumi Abodurin

Hours after United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) released a report which declared that 386, 000 babies were born on the first day of January, 2018 across the world, with Nigeria accounting for 20,210, a Nigerian business man, Lawal Rabiu, has come out to disagree with the report, with claims that his newborn, who was also delivered same day in Lagos, was not part of those on record.

According to him, his baby girl’s delivery, which occurred about 12:45 A.M in his Agege home as a result of home delivery was not recorded.

A Kano state indigene but resident in Lagos, Rabiu, claimed that if his daughter’s birth was in record, the figure of babies delivered on the first day of January would be 20,211 against 20,210 and increased that of the world to 386,001 contrary to 386, 000 reported.

However, besides Rabiu’s claim, a research conducted by The Guild revealed that there were several babies delivered on the same day in rural areas of Nigeria that were not reported as there was no record as most of women in those areas still hold firmly to home delivery of newborn babies which used to be the tradition in some parts of Africa and other under developed nations in the world.

http://www.theguildng.com/my-baby-was-left-out-from-jan-1-world-record-nigerian-newborn-father/

Re: My Baby Was Left Out From Jan. 1 World Record- Nigerian Newborn Father by cassidy1996(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
i beg carry your baby enter house, una nor get work
Re: My Baby Was Left Out From Jan. 1 World Record- Nigerian Newborn Father by LadySarah: 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
you know abt the social media but you cant take your wife to hospital.
Stupid man!

1 Like

Re: My Baby Was Left Out From Jan. 1 World Record- Nigerian Newborn Father by Giddymoney(m): 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
Oga sorry o
Shit happens

Wait o, dis guy resemble somebody wey i know o

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Gift: Husband Surprises Wife With Expensive Car On Wedding Day / Have You Ever Experienced A Watershed? Please Share With Us. / An Important Message To All Men Before Old Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.