Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service (30303 Views)

Buhari To Inaugurate 8 New Coaches, 2 Locomotives For Abuja-kaduna Train Service / Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line / Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by lonelygem(m): 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
ekems2017:
When will the president commision a project in the south and east abi they are not part of Nigeria?

Even prisoners it's in the north that they are being freed. He went to Ebonyi and Anambra and did not deem it fit to free any prisoner but want to kano after then and freed 500.
There is God o!!!

ha! you better stay informed oh my sister. in the last few months there was almost no time Osinbajo was not in the south..
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
drkay:
Many of us await your exit in 2019 sir.
With your 5% votes?
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by eodavids(m): 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
john1035:
Locomotives in 2018

The world have left us behind

cool grin cool
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Jesusloveyou: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:
I am glad they bought new locomotives! It was needed as that route was running just two trains daily which was terribly inadequate.

Now this is my take...

Jonathan spent 4 years and completed this train line. He also completed the Abuja light rail to 68% completion as Buhari acknowledged in his new year day speech. He also went pretty far with the new airport terminals at the Abuja, Lagos and Enugu airports.

My question to you Buhari, which project will you hand over to the new government coming in in 2019 as it certain you are not coming back.
All the things you listed on new years day that you want to start doing, is it in 2018 election year that you will give out the contract or were you hoping that despite your terrible perfomamnce you would be voted back in 2019?

You budgeted a total of N4 trillion in 2016(N1.8T) and 2017(N2.2T) for capital projects. That is a whooping $13 billion. That money would have built us 2600km of rail lines at the price which Jonathan used in building the Abuja -Kaduna rail. It cost $875 million to build the rail line of 195km. That is an average of $4.48 million per km.

Or for better comparison, the Lekki Ikoyi link bridge was N29 billion. 4 Trillion Naira would have built 137 of such massive bridges.

But you know what, there isnt anywhere in the country where 100km of road have been completed since you came in. Where has all that money(N4 Trillion) gone to.
I don't know the problem of idiotic pigs of Biafra.
You are talking about 4tr naira in the first year.
You seem not to remembered your ineffectual buffoon 30tr naira wasted without a single project in 5yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by delpee(f): 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
ekems2017:
When will the president commision a project in the south and east abi they are not part of Nigeria?

Even prisoners it's in the north that they are being freed. He went to Ebonyi and Anambra and did not deem it fit to free any prisoner but want to kano after then and freed 500.
There is God o!!!

State Governors can free some category of prisoners. You don't need Buhari to do that. It's done regularly in some states.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Horus(m): 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2018

Traffic Control Room
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by bopm: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
all I see is GEJ's legacy
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by adeblow(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR MNI OFR CBE(Conqueror of Biafran Empire) cool tongue

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by olugabbie(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2018
Do you want buhari to abandon all the uncompleted projects and start new ones?
Let him finish all uncompleted project first before starting any new one.
You people should stop saying 'Jonathan did this' or 'Jonathan did that'. Because the money was not from his pocket.
PapaBrowne:
I am glad they bought new locomotives! It was needed as that route was running just two trains daily which was terribly inadequate.

Now this is my take...

Jonathan spent 4 years and completed this train line. He also completed the Abuja light rail to 68% completion as Buhari acknowledged in his new year day speech. He also went pretty far with the new airport terminals at the Abuja, Lagos and Enugu airports.

My question to you Buhari, which project will you hand over to the new government coming in in 2019 as it certain you are not coming back.
All the things you listed on new years day that you want to start doing, is it in 2018 election year that you will give out the contract or were you hoping that despite your terrible perfomamnce you would be voted back in 2019?

You budgeted a total of N4 trillion in 2016(N1.8T) and 2017(N2.2T) for capital projects. That is a whooping $13 billion. That money would have built us 2600km of rail lines at the price which Jonathan used in building the Abuja -Kaduna rail. It cost $875 million to build the rail line of 195km. That is an average of $4.48 million per km.

Or for better comparison, the Lekki Ikoyi link bridge was N29 billion. 4 Trillion Naira would have built 137 of such massive bridges.

But you know what, there isnt anywhere in the country where 100km of road have been completed since you came in. Where has all that money(N4 Trillion) gone to.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Horus(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2018

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
All projects GEJ's administration left for Buhari and APC were 90% percent completion.

Why is APC led Buhari government not completed port harcourt monorail.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by blaqoracle: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
Tajbol4splend:
Buhari has broken my heart by neglecting Benue governor's call for assistance on the killings by Fulani herdsmen in the state
problem of Benue is domestic, not national. Benue courted wahala when they enacted the anti-grazing bill. So you expected the Fulani's to sit back and fold their arms while you destroy them and their way of life. If you ate cow meat this Christmas, the blood of the cow's forebear will be on your head.
The Fulani's is the only ethnic group in Nigeria who don't depend on Nigeria to survive. They live their solitary life, they don't protest or agitate. They only thing they have-cow rearing you want to destroy. For your information, you can't fight the Fulani's
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by billyG(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:

Now this is my take...

was 4 trillion actually collected?
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by billyG(m): 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
ekems2017:

There is God o!!!
May be SE prisoners are unwilling to be freed,u know free food & accomodations.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by tigerclaws: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
[quote author=omenkaLives post=63887514]I love this picture. smiley smiley[/quotes] shutup
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by 9japride(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
That's a good one, always thinking home.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by drkay(m): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
Elmuaz:
With your 5% votes?
Any reasonable Nigerian knows that Buhari has nothing reasonable to offer this country again.Yes I voted him in 2015 and just like many people who shamelessly kept quiet, voting for Buhari was the biggest mistake I made in 2015. By the way, am a pure Yoruba man.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
salbis:
2019 in sight, but i have made up my mind no turning back.
yinmu
voters card you no get
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nnamdiojukwu: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:

Now this is my take...

So gej spend four years?
You must be high on something very strong.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nnamdiojukwu: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
drkay:

Any reasonable Nigerian knows that Buhari has nothing reasonable to offer this country again.Yes I voted him in 2015 and just like many people who shamelessly kept quiet, voting for Buhari was the biggest mistake I made in 2015. By the way, am a pure Yoruba man.
Baba,chir zwa,you dont vote for him anywhere,speak the truth and shame the devil,is a new yr
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by dvee2: 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:

Now this is my take...

Liar alert, First of all GEJ did not spend only 4 years, he spent 6 years. Last 2years of Yaradua tenor and his 4years making 6years.
Secondly GEJ did not complete the Abuja to Kaduna rail line, it was about 54% before Buhari completed the rest and as you can see expanded it.
Thirdly the Abuja light rail which is at 68% as u claim before Buhari took over and completed it, you wrongly attributed to GEJ. In his broadcast he said previous administrations not only GEJ. The Abuja light rail was conceived by OBJ who started it, Both Yaradua and GEJ took it to about 60%, only Buhari now completed the remaining 40,%. So give credit to all and special credit to Buhari for not abandoning project initiated by his predecessors like others use to do.
In Rivers state a Multi billion dollar monorail project started and paid for by Amaechi almost 50% into construction have been abandoned by the Wike.that is not continuity of governance in the end Rivers people lose. In this case Nigeria did not lose kudus to Buhari.
Finally on budget you just post figures obviously you are ignorant with the way u analyse. Nigerians know better on who amongst the two is frugal with their resources and who has stolen their common Wealth.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by dvee2: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
victorcalm:
please fellow Nigerian, all the money from Niger delta is used in building coaches for rail between abuja to kaduna, are they the only place to develop, is so pathetic, no single rail at the eastern-south south zone working, Buhari is busy commissioning new coaches adding to the one done by Goodluck, is Kaduna the only business viable state, not even as viable as Onitsha or Enugu or Port harcourt

Ask your hero. I thought he built all the infrastructure in the East that's why we love him?
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nnamdiojukwu: 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
blaqoracle:
problem of Benue is domestic, not national. Benue courted wahala when they enacted the anti-grazing bill. So you expected the Fulani's to sit back and fold their arms while you destroy them and their way of life. If you ate cow meat this Christmas, the blood of the cow's forebear will be on your head.
The Fulani's is the only ethnic group in Nigeria who don't depend on Nigeria to survive. They live their solitary life, they don't protest or agitate. They only thing they have-cow rearing you want to destroy. For your information, you can't fight the Fulani's
You must be very stupid,so benue has no right to enact a law,is fu"anis the indegenes of benue state?,distroying their way of life by preventing from distroying farmlands in the guides of feeding their cows?
To you fulani distroying farmlands and human lives is not an issue abi,i dont blame a fool like you,why are they not attacking ekiti,is benue the only state to enact law against them?
Keep sympathising with them,very soon the news will change,we are not hopeless,we are only law abiding but there is a limit we will hold unto that law.
Tell your fulani salvages to brace up cos they will surely reap what they have sowed,no one,i mean no tribe has the monopoly of violence.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by loomer: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
These politicians don see fools. Yea go just dey commission one train stop after another dey claim say na new thing
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by paulibling(m): 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:

Now this is my take...

Don't worry sir he will consolidate in second term.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by dabossman(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
john1035:
Locomotives in 2018

The world have left us behind

Uncle, a locomotive simply refers to a self-propelling engine. Even high speed trains can be referred to as locomotives. Just saying.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by drkay(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nnamdiojukwu:
Baba,chir zwa,you dont vote for him anywhere,speak the truth and shame the devil,is a new yr
Voting for Buhari is nothing to he proud of so its very unnecessary to lie about that. meanwhile, I don't belong to any political party, I voted him because Buhari/Osinbajo was erroneously presumed to be the best combo that can ever happen to Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
drkay:

Thats for you, but for we the majority of Nigerians with PVC sai Baba
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by jacyhelen(f): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
PapaBrowne:

Now this is my take...

how can u ask a whole messiah such question?
bubu till 2090
I will vote buhari in 2019 as a payback to those mad ppl that voted for him in 2015....
we must finish this pepper together....
ndi ara.....
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Bimpe29: 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nice one. Does that mean All Promise are being Considered or Cancelled?
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by deomelo: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
dvee2:

Liar alert, First of all GEJ did not spend only 4 years, he spent 6 years. Last 2years of Yaradua tenor and his 4years making 6years.
Secondly GEJ did not complete the Abuja to Kaduna rail line, it was about 54% before Buhari completed the rest and as you can see expanded it.
Thirdly the Abuja light rail which is at 68% as u claim before Buhari took over and completed it, you wrongly attributed to GEJ. In his broadcast he said previous administrations not only GEJ. The Abuja light rail was conceived by OBJ who started it, Both Yaradua and GEJ took it to about 60%, only Buhari now completed the remaining 40,%. So give credit to all and special credit to Buhari for not abandoning project initiated by his predecessors like others use to do.
In Rivers state a Multi billion dollar monorail project started and paid for by Amaechi almost 50% into construction have been abandoned by the Wike.that is not continuity of governance in the end Rivers people lose. In this case Nigeria did not lose kudus to Buhari.
Finally on budget you just post figures obviously you are ignorant with the way u analyse. Nigerians know better on who amongst the two is frugal with their resources and who has stolen their common Wealth.

Excelent reply.

These lying Igbos are just too mentally fraudulent and crooked with facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos / After Losing Election And Court Case, What Next For Mohammed Abubakar? / Dangote, Yahaya Bello Meet In Aso Rock To Resolve Obajana Ownership Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.