Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers (2884 Views)

"Men Are Scum" Association Members Now Getting Married, Nigerian Lady Cries Out / Couples Now Getting Married But Postponing Having Kids / Runs Girls Are Getting Better Husbands Than Church Girls - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Deicide: 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
Yes i now listend to south african rap and those guy are sleek i mean their raps are clean, or am i the only one noticing this?

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by ubunja(m): 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
actually down here in south africa we love naija hip hop. your hip hop has that distinct african sound to it. even US artists like nigerian hip hop over south african hip hop for the sole reason that south african hip hop sounds too american that americans dont bother with collabos with them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by deeLima86(m): 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2018
ubunja:
actually down here in south africa we love naija hip hop. your hip hop has that distinct african sound to it. even US artists like nigerian hip hop over south african hip hop for the sole reason that south african hip hop sounds too american that americans dont bother with collabos with them.

A very valid point there. But me i dey feel that Nasty C sha, small boy with big heart. cool

10 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Deicide: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2018
deeLima86:

A very valid point there. But me i dey feel that Nasty C sha, small boy with big heart. cool
Omo that guy day rap o and thats what am talking about

6 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Deicide: 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
ubunja:
Hmm never knew that though most of our Hip hop is just jargon grin
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by deeLima86(m): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
Deicide:

Not really the way you think, i feel the environment as a whole influences the content of our music...which is also the case in SA.

2 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by ubunja(m): 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2018
Deicide:
nigerian hip hop has a strong following down south.davido is huge.most clubs that play house music also spice things up with naija sounds.
and Yemi Alade is another favourite.

2 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by LessNoise: 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2018
deeLima86:

Nasty C and that shekinah babe.....omo those peeps Na them be the only south African artiste Wey I know

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by LessNoise: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
ubunja:

nigerian hip hop has a strong following down south.davido is huge.most clubs that play house music also spice things up with naija sounds.

Not trying to hate on Yemi buh all are songs are crappy

5 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by deeLima86(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2018
LessNoise:

Nasty C and that shekinah babe.....omo those peeps Na them be the only south African artiste Wey I know

Lol...that boy gather liver for rap sha, i don't know the shekinah babe though but i look out for her songs

LessNoise:

I thought it is exclusively about hip hop. undecided
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Deicide: 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
ubunja:

Yea but am talking about rapping
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by teemanbastos(m): 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2018
from AKA to Nasty C to Mafizkolo to producer Major lazer, Maphorisa etc, I salute the South African guys,
they are really talented and good at what they do.

the Song 'particula' is a Jam that's making me happy like anything.. dope song

3 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by LessNoise: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2018
deeLima86:

Lol...that boy gather liver for rap sha, i don't know the shekinah babe though but i look out for her songs

I thought it is exclusively about hip hop. undecided

Shekinah isn't a rapper bro buh her vocals OMG is exciting.. . I was only replying to a Yemi fan tryin to overhype the brand than it already is

3 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Deicide: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2018
LessNoise:

Like seriously after that her hit song johnny all the rest of her song na just crap

2 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by LessNoise: 12:37am On Jan 05, 2018
Deicide:
Like seriously after that her hit song johnny all the rest of her song na just crap

30billion for ur akant for this statement

3 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by IamGranded(m): 12:59am On Jan 05, 2018
Nasty C
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by unadeymadkwa: 7:45am On Jan 05, 2018
Southy rap too dey sound yanky . But them get good yearnings sha.
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Deicide: 9:55am On Jan 05, 2018
unadeymadkwa:
Southy rap too dey sound yanky . But them get good yearnings sha.
Yeah
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Tuksgrad(f): 10:11am On Jan 05, 2018
ubunja:

LMFAO, Nigerian pretending to be south african ? grin

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
Tuksgrad:

LMFAO, Nigerian pretending to be south african ? grin

And you pretending to be Batswana?

2 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
ubunja:
how about you stop pretending to be a South African and be proud of where you come from or are you ashamed of your nationality?

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by ubunja(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
Jayceon:
first,you are not a South African and you will never be one.second,that noise your artists make ain't hip hop
lmfaooo!!! qoute me where i said im a South African.then go re-read my comment that you clearly didnt understand.
after that clarify to me which noise is it that our artists make that you claim isnt hip hop.

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
ubunja:

lmfaooo!!! qoute me where i said im a South African.then go re-read my comment that you clearly didnt understand.
after that clarify to me which noise is it that our artists make that you claim isnt hip hop.
"actually down here in south africa we love naija hip hop. your hip hop has that distinct african sound to it. even US artists like nigerian hip hop"

isn't your music called Afro beats?

I'm not hating it just want people to keep it hundred

2 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by ubunja(m): 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
Jayceon:
"actually down here in south africa we love naija hip hop. your hip hop has that distinct african sound to it. even US artists like nigerian hip hop"

isn't your music called Afro beats?

I'm not hating it just want people to keep it hundred
"actually down here in South Africa"- coz im a Zimbabwean living in SA
why do you keep refering to nigerian music as " your music". dude im not from nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
ubunja:

"actually down here in South Africa"- coz im a Zimbabwean living in SA
why do you keep refering to nigerian music as " your music". dude im not from nigeria.
So you are a Zimbo and you are speaking on behalf of South Africans? ...you are probably not familiar with SA lifestyle

the reason SA artists don't callabo with Americans as often is because they kind of looking at it as some dumb move...drop 500k to feature someone who won't even promote the song? lol African mentality tho

btw how long have you been living in SA?

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by ubunja(m): 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
Jayceon:
So you are a Zimbo and you are speaking on behalf of South Africans? ...you are probably not familiar with SA lifestyle

the reason SA artists don't callabo with Americans as often is because they kind of looking at it as some dumb move...drop 500k to feature someone who won't even promote the song? lol African mentality tho

btw how long have you been living in SA?

how can doing a collabo with a US artist like Rozay be a dumb move??
are you even listening to yourself right now?

3 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Oyebee91(m): 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Especially nasty c
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2018
ubunja:

how can doing a collabo with a US artist like Rozay be a dumb move??
are you even listening to yourself right now?
They charge Africans crazy amounts for songs they won't even promote,get the picture??

perhaps you are the one not listening to yourself?

why are the song they make with the Rick Rosses not topping the charts in the USA? huh??

not everything American is holly boss,SA artists make it big is SA without slaving themselves to Americans

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by ubunja(m): 12:18am On Jan 06, 2018
Jayceon:
They charge Africans crazy amounts for songs they won't even promote,get the picture??

perhaps you are the one not listening to yourself?

why are the song they make with the Rick Rosses not topping the charts in the USA? huh??

not everything American is holly boss,SA artists make it big is SA without slaving themselves to Americans
if your music is whack you'll pay for a collabo with the americans coz you'll have to go to them.
but if you make hits that top charts from cape to cairo US artists come to you.and you dont pay.coz you have what they need.
thats how Youtube artists get their breakthrough.thats how obscoure unknown hitmakers get put on the World Stage.
making it big in SA doesnt bring the same dollars as making it big in the US does.coz US hip hop is exported globally to all continents.but SA hip hop hardly leaves Southern Africa.
i cant continue this exchange coz we both are wasting each other's time.say your peace and we put the topic to bed.

5 Likes

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 06, 2018
ubunja:

if your music is whack you'll pay for a collabo with the americans coz you'll have to go to them.
but if you make hits that top charts from cape to cairo US artists come to you.and you dont pay.coz you have what they need.
thats how Youtube artists get their breakthrough.thats how obscoure unknown hitmakers get put on the World Stage.
making it big in SA doesnt bring the same dollars as making it big in the US does.coz US hip hop is exported globally to all continents.but SA hip hop hardly leaves Southern Africa.
i cant continue this exchange coz we both are wasting each other's time.say your peace and we put the topic to bed.
You are so out of touch with reality,ain't no US artist giving an African artist a free feature no matter how many "hits" you make

what?? AKA,Cassper,Nasty C,Da Les,etc have made it big down here in SA and are making some crazy cash with just SA audience alone,we all know that South Africa is like New York to the entire Africa..look here in SA we don't need some washed up one-hit-wonders from the US before we appreciate the talent we have here

we can close the topic now wink
Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by kingem(m): 3:06am On Jan 06, 2018
I agree tho
NASTY C alone can murder any naija rapper now including MI

1 Like

Re: South-african Rappers Are Now Getting Better That 9ja Rappers by pu7pl3(m): 3:19am On Jan 06, 2018
kingem:
I agree tho

NASTY C alone can murder any naija rapper now including MI

Guy if you call MI here again i swear i go slap you angry

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deleted / Wizkid And Davido's first performance after meeting eachother / Pls Is It Advisable For A Guy To Send Recharge Card To A Girl Meeting For The Fi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.