Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,143 members, 7,845,783 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt (46623 Views)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by godofuck231: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Yungkid101:
An Igbo lady is really angry about the cost of her traditional wedding as it has drained herself and her Isoko husband financially, to the point of being in debt.

She took to Facebook to rant about it. Read below…

https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/lady-calls-igbo-fathers-says-husband-debt-after-spending-money-traditional-wedding/

© Shared By Gift Dah NewsSharer

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove, Fynestboi, MissyB3

Igbo suicide marriages, meanwhile if u meet a ggo family they would not take up to 300k for any other thing, the balance will be returned, that father should never visit his daughter if I were her husband
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by bukatyne(f): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
[quote author=humilitypays post=63907304][/quote]

I don't want to jump the NL way but....

Could it be that the 'lower' marriage rites make the Igbo men love their yoruba wives more?

Afterall, all the wives testifying are yorubas.

I lived with Igbos for a long time and what I observed is this:

Igbo men take providing seriously and will do anything legal and illegal to make money. Once it comes to making money, an Igbo man is not ashamed.

Igbo men like their families to shine and showcase his 'wealth'...

Their women did not need to earn, all they did was stay at home to 'chop' money and shine.... back to point 2.

When shit hits the fan, the wife is expected to leave with the clothes on her body afterall, the man bought everything. The shit rarely hit the fan sha....

They also look unapproachable however, they are not.

Major minus is their desperation for money and showoff.

I have also noticed that when Igbo men talk of headship, they are more concerned with the responsibilities aka providing; when Yoruba men talk of headship, they re more concerned with the rights aka respect.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Lols..ok boo. But help me on that "ABCDEF" part grin abeg.

I dont seem to get that part clearly. cheesy
na NEPA. I nor want make some correctors begin correct me
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by ashjay001(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
tossie101:

Sorry but u are rolling with prostitutes.
Thats why they accept ur "offers"

Act and dress responsibly and u will meet well behaved girls

I wish!sad

I barely get an erection sef, when I'm with courtesans.

I move arnd nigerian states a lot, generally have to seek entertainment n quite inquisitive to boot, thats why I know so much. I actually buy them drinks n sometimes pay them to keep me company.tongue I no sabi do short-time too

I prefer a mating of d mind to d actual act. It even improves d act, when ur minds are in sync. Call me for oloshos/runs girls, more bang for ur bucksgrin
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by imconfused(f): 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
And social media is the place to divulge that you are broke and cannot eat?
When they presented the list you could not open your wide mouth and protest?
Many families make that list the barest minimum nowadays & stand up for their prospective inlaws.I cannot wait for it to be banished completely so that we can all be on equal footing.
She is probably from a hungry family who sees her as a source of income.
As for her husband's friends who are protesting and saying they won't near Igbo women, did anyone beg them?
Love will come from anywhere.
Nonsense
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by macof(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
davidif:

Dude the fact that something has been done for thousands of years don't make it right it simply means that people didn't know any bettter like the killing of twins in old calabar.
You are a twenty first century man who probably went to school and has being taught to think critically and to question things whether you agree with them or not so start using your knowledge and try being objective instead of falling back on the tired old crutch of "culture". Wrong is wrong and right is right irrespective of how long it has been practiced. This here is greed plain and simple and that family should be ashamed of themselves.
Stop being a slave to tradition and be free of unnecessary shackles biko.

Culture is culture. I am educated enough to know that every civilisation and great nation has a great culture which it's people are proud of

As long as the culture doesn't harm or cause retrogression, as long as such culture can exist along side development, it should not be changed for anything

Those who complain about igbo bride price should simply work harder and find the particular igbo woman that is worth it...or move on..this is always an option

2 Likes

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by madone: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:

Im being very serios..
Leave igbo women alone if u think they are expensive..
Is that not common sense? undecided
no body is holding igbo ladies go to winners Shiloh u see them calling the God of oyedepo to give them husband .then they rush back to guys flat to cook and do dishes and Laundry. Forming wife material.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by CaptainGOOD: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
na NEPA. I nor want make some correctors begin correct me

Lol ok.
So how u dey hope u are feeling this harmmattan for ur side
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Lol ok.
So how u dey hope u are feeling this harmmattan for ur side
don't laugh, I an just about to have my first bath 4 d day
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
chuksanambra:
It's not all parts of the East, some greedy people sell their children and maximise profit.

Reminds me of a true story. One girl brought a man home to her parents in the East for marriage. After buying the required things and paying, the groom was made to pay exorbitant fees on the day of the trad by the bride's father and mother. Those who went with the man complained bitterly but the man kept quiet and paid.

After the wedding, the man informed his in laws that he didn't want to see them in his house as he had bought the wife. It was thought to be a joke until the wife delivered and the wife's mother was turned back at the gate of her daughter's house.

This will not even last as the Wife will rain hell on the man for chasing back her mother, who ever told you this story has lied to you.

A woman will to watch her mother treated like that, even if you paid the whole Nigerian budget to marry her.

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by berrystunn(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bigsteveg:

I agree with you on the girl attitude. Back to the village wedding, it should not be so. Girl child should not be a commodity where the whole village will cash on.

Also, being able to meet up with the bride requirements does not mean the man will be able to take care of the woman. It can even make it worse because the man has this sense of him acquiring the woman like a yam u buy in the market.

Yes bro I totally understand your point of view.
Igbo's have this large family tree call kinsman...

They place that rules and tradition... Not the father.
I also married from Igbo land ...total cost on the list was 340k .. . the bride price is 2k they collected 1500 and give back the rest...

Now the list that amount to 340k... Drinks for so so and so Eg the Ada's , / kinsman, youth, and other related group confirming the marriage...

Goat , yam ,large pot of wine, etc... To different group...
That came to witness the marriage.

If you want to add to it just to make it sweet.. Fine
If you want to spend up to 1m, that is your business...of which too many girls want there marriage to look richer then others ...

And again Anambra list is different from IMO state list ...also different from Enugu list..

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by humilitypays(m): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
bukatyne:

I don't want to jump the NL way but....

Could it be that the 'lower' marriage rites make the Igbo men love their yoruba wives more?

Afterall, all the wives testifying are yorubas.

I lived with Igbos for a long time and what I observed is this:

Igbo men take providing seriously and will do anything legal and illegal to make money. Once it comes to making money, an Igbo man is not ashamed.

Igbo men like their families to shine and showcase his 'wealth'...

Their women did not need to earn, all they did was stay at home to 'chop' money and shine.... back to point 2.

When shit hits the fan, the wife is expected to leave with the clothes on her body afterall, the man bought everything. The shit rarely hit the fan sha....

They also look unapproachable however, they are not.

Major minus is their desperation for money and showoff.

I have also noticed that when Igbo men talk of headship, they are more concerned with the responsibilities aka providing; when Yoruba men talk of headship, they re more concerned with the rights aka respect.
agreeded, your analysis is correct to 98% cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by desire222(f): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
PearlStreet:

Yes na, I'm a regular caller and I regularly see you there.
Lol, no wahala.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by CaptainGOOD: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
don't laugh, I an just about to have my first bath 4 d day

Lol nithing serios dear. I understand the cold is much.. make sure u cover well o. smiley

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

Lol nithing serios dear. I understand the cold is much.. make sure u cover well o. smiley
thanks

1 Like

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by CaptainGOOD: 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
gloria34:
thanks

CooL
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:
Hmm ok so Ur hubby paid dowry and became broke.? Rubbish!!!.
Any man that cant pay for his woman bride price is not ready for marriage n parenthood..
By the way its not by force to marry an igbo woman... look elsewhere where women are cheap.

As for ur friends who has "VOWED" not to marry igbo women pls tell them to vow with amadioha and ogun so that the vow will strong well well.
Becoz im loving that vow let them keep away from our women pls and stick to their own who "dont sell" their kids.

Pls pls all igbo parents should increase the brideprice more let them leave our gals alone becoz its getting too much pls. angry

NUFF SAID!!
wey-ray
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Ugosample(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
macof:

Culture is culture. I am educated enough to know that every civilisation and great nation has a great culture which it's people are proud of

As long as the culture doesn't harm or cause retrogression, as long as such culture can exist along side development, it should not be changed for anything

Those who complain about igbo bride price should simply work harder and find the particular igbo woman that is worth it...or move on..this is always an option

Cultures evolve....

Overtime, this thing will fade out.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Coolgent(m): 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
I can only fucck igbo gals, I cant marry/buy them.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by MicWizzy: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
Onyi42:
Why don't this girl use her father/community name here and stop identifying with all igboes

My community require next to nothing for bride price
plz i love igbo ladies but the bride price is my problem, whats your community name so i can come and pick a wife. biko
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by macof(m): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ugosample:

Cultures evolve....

Overtime, this thing will fade out.
probably. but we should not use our own mouths to insult ourselves and our ancestors because of foreign ideas...

well I am not Igbo anyway but I get the point
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by africanusvu(m): 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
Yungkid101:
An Igbo lady is really angry about the cost of her traditional wedding as it has drained herself and her Isoko husband financially, to the point of being in debt.

https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/lady-calls-igbo-fathers-says-husband-debt-after-spending-money-traditional-wedding/.for sure u arnt Igbo.but let me tell u.Igbo's gives their daughter better education than their sons .no other tribe in Nig can send their son to learn trade and send their daughter to any level she wants in d university. My dad had six of us three gals three guys.I am d only graduate among d guys two of ma sis ar medical doctor and d last currently studying law in Unn

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by CaptainGOOD: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
madone:
no body is holding igbo ladies go to winners Shiloh u see them calling the God of oyedepo to give them husband .then they rush back to guys flat to cook and do dishes and Laundry. Forming wife material.

U are mypic and deluded.
One thing with u people is u all from dat region are dumb and deluded.

So u think there are no old Yoruba ladies who at3 single.
Last time i checked igbo women are still the ones getting married the most.
igbo men efik Urhobo ijaw.. are all after them
But same wont be said forYoruba women.

Even ur yoruba men are abandoning their women to chase igbo women to marry. Even after complaing about bride price..

U alll are so deluded and myopic.
AND SEE UR YORUBA SISTER LOOKING FOR A MAN TO MARRY HER.

Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Kennedy767(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainG00D:
Hmm ok so Ur hubby paid dowry and became broke.? Rubbish!!!.
Any man that cant pay for his woman bride price is not ready for marriage n parenthood..
By the way its not by force to marry an igbo woman... look elsewhere where women are cheap.

As for ur friends who has "VOWED" not to marry igbo women pls tell them to vow with amadioha and ogun so that the vow will strong well well.
Becoz im loving that vow let them keep away from our women pls and stick to their own who "dont sell" their kids.

Pls pls all igbo parents should increase the brideprice more let them leave our gals alone becoz its getting too much pls. angry

NUFF SAID!!
am not surprise about ur comment coz I av dine with Igbo men n u aren't different at all.. imaging the rubbish u are vomiting n u are having 182 likes that alone explain nairaland is full of Igbo people... I wonder how u av b surviving all this years without Brain...
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Kennedy767(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
Yungkid101:

https://www.tribesng.com/entertainment/lady-calls-igbo-fathers-says-husband-debt-after-spending-money-traditional-wedding/

my dear God is ur strength... God ll c u & ur husband tru ijn.Amen
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Bigsteveg(m): 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
berrystunn:

Yes bro I totally understand your point of view.
Igbo's have this large family tree call kinsman...

They place that rules and tradition... Not the father.
I also married from Igbo land ...total cost on the list was 340k .. . the bride price is 2k they collected 1500 and give back the rest...

Now the list that amount to 340k... Drinks for so so and so Eg the Ada's , / kinsman, youth, and other related group confirming the marriage...

Goat , yam ,large pot of wine, etc... To different group...
That came to witness the marriage.

If you want to add to it just to make it sweet.. Fine
If you want to spend up to 1m, that is your business...of which too many girls want there marriage to look richer then others ...

And again Anambra list is different from IMO state list ...also different from Enugu list..
I do understand now sha.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by davidif: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
macof:

Culture is culture but it is not set in stone. Culture is dynamic meaning that it always changes if not we will be walking around naked or tying wrapper and hunting for food.
Make no mistake about it but commercializing your daughters marriage is just pure greed. This igbo tradition of treating women less than men should stop just like the tradition that disallows women from inheriting property.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by macof(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
davidif:

Culture is culture but it is not set in stone. Culture is dynamic meaning that it always changes if not we will be walking around naked or tying wrapper and hunting for food.
Make no mistake about it but commercializing your daughters marriage is just pure greed. This igbo tradition of treating women less than men should stop just like the tradition that disallows women from inheriting property.
like I said if it doesn't cause harm there is no reason to change it.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by Acidosis(m): 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
Igbo or no Igbo, all I know is that I'm going to scrap many useless traditions and cultures and many senseless "religious" and secular beliefs in my home.

Some ediots that never contributed a dime to your daughter's upbringing and education would gather themselves like idiotic ants and start drinking away their destinies in the name of wedding. Make I see that useless person that will come up with a useless list for any of my daughter's wedding..
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by madone: 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

U are mypic and deluded.
One thing with u people is u all from dat region are dumb and deluded.

So u think there are no old Yoruba ladies who at3 single.
Last time i checked igbo women are still the ones getting married the most.
igbo men efik Urhobo ijaw.. are all after them
But same wont be said forYoruba women.

Even ur yoruba men are abandoning their women to chase igbo women to marry. Even after complaing about bride price..

U alll are so deluded and myopic.
AND SEE UR YORUBA SISTER LOOKING FOR A MAN TO MARRY HER.

you started the insult hope u can face it when I start with you. I don't know why u ar crying over spilled milk. Check the list my dear u LL see many igbo ladies out dere hustling for husband.the worst is that even the ones that get married end up paying the bride price for by them self. My dear stop posting nonsense from twitter. Go to the churches u get the actual fact. Ur sisters are in Christ embassy, the lords chosen, omega fire ministry.they are runs girls in Abuja....if u leave this topic to address insult to me again then don't blame me for words that ll come ur way.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by focus7: 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
This is the reason we have 80% of igbo ladies in prostitution.
Re: Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt by CaptainGOOD: 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
madone:
you started the insult hope u can face it when I start with you. I don't know why u ar crying over spilled milk. Check the list my dear u LL see many igbo ladies out dere hustling for husband.the worst is that even the ones that get married end up paying the bride price for by them self. My dear stop posting nonsense from twitter. Go to the churches u get the actual fact. Ur sisters are in Christ embassy, the lords chosen, omega fire ministry.they are runs girls in Abuja....if u leave this topic to address insult to me again then don't blame me for words that ll come ur way.

common shut up ur mouth who do think u are,,,? where u not the person that started the war first. undecided
BRING IT ON AND I WILL DISGRACE U HERE... IF NOT FOR THE COWARD MOD WHO ALWAYS SAVE U HERE NONE OF CAN MATCH ME HERE.
BRING IT IM WAITIMG FOR U

go to the same churches and see ur sister hussling for husband
go to white garment churches and na ur sisters full there.
even in the same abuja ur sisters are there servicing politicians.

google about ur brother ADEYINKA GRANDSON,, and see what he said about yoruba gals and politicans.
and why he tot yorubas should stop alligning with the not(your brother said all thsese)
go and make enquiry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos / 16 Pictures Of African Dads At Weddings That Will Make You Delighted / Looking For Father After 30years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.