Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

“we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady (671 Views)

Ilegend Is Now Broke. That Why He Is Absent / I Am Now Broke And I'm About To Break Up With Her / “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Igbo Wedding” – Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by VastFinder: 8:26am On Jan 05, 2018

An Igbo lady identified as Nkiruka Akpovili is really angry about the cost of her traditional wedding as it has drained herself and her Isoko husband finacially, to the point of being in debt.

She took to his facebook page to rant about it.

Read below…

I’m really angry and I must rant this rant……

I want to sincerely beg all igbo fathers here to pls stop the act of billing their daughters husbands to be just because they’re non igbos. It’s not fair at all because while they’re enjoying the money, their daughters are at the receiving end.

I’m of no doubt that some igbo ladies make good wives and all….my traditional wedding was last month and in all honesty, I now understand why most men marry igbo wives and subject them to suffering,i understand why most Igbo women are baby mamas instead of being the wives………. My husband is isoko and all his friends (igbos included )has vowed not get involved with any igbo lady.

I know some of my brothers and sisters would want to insult me, I know some of my friends here would want to inbox me to interrogate me, I don’t care because we’re back in Lagos, broke and for the first time in a long while, I’m now a debtor and can’t sleep or eat well.

SOURCE: https://primesng.com/now-broke-im-now-debtor-traditional-wedding-nigerian-lady/

cc; lalasticlala, Royalroy, Obinoscopy
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by taylor88(m): 8:29am On Jan 05, 2018
Good thing Na money kill am

So are u saying i should go and marry from a disgusting tribe all in the name of saving after marriage

I'd rather get ready and save to get my dream wife

Wife is a lifetime partnership not an Npower program that ends after two years

It's not a do or die affair u have ur multiple choice to choose from
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by koolaid87: 8:31am On Jan 05, 2018
She's calling for traditional reformation

Nice one Bae

Tell them!

1 Like

Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by Flyingngel(m): 8:36am On Jan 05, 2018
Traditional marriage list in southern Nigeria is like buying a new jet. Pls God save u that u don't land in the house of some greedy family in Akwa Ibom state ,there and then u will kmq what is call MARRIAGE LIST.
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 05, 2018
Bride price and expensive weddings has ruined Alot of Families mehn.. its a pity
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by Untainted007: 8:38am On Jan 05, 2018
That is wot happens when one's parent see their female child as an investment or money making avenue during wedding. The lady shud face her garri drinking in her husband's house cos her parents are already tearing chickens' laps back at home at her own detriment.
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by ClitoPen: 8:44am On Jan 05, 2018
See this shediot!
You are broke for two reasons:
1)you are either from Imo state or
2)you spent above ur means to slay and impress outsiders

Ppl hav been marrying and being married from the Igbos and no complaints hv ever comes up except from Imo state...

Why won't u be broke wen u put up wedding ceremonies to impress the outsiders and friends, Spending elaborately above ur means?
Or rather tell us that u r specifically from IMO state and stop advertising ur stupidity

1 Like

Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by seunny4lif(m): 8:45am On Jan 05, 2018
She is a foool
Did they force the money out of her pocket?

Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by favourmic(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2018
your life your problem
go meet ur parent and collect the money back

next please
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by ebujany(m): 9:34am On Jan 05, 2018
So u mean ur dad sold you off as a slave and u didn't object? Let's hear word .

If you truly wanted your hubby not to spend a lot of money you should gave talked things over with your dad before the day not coming here to rant... Enjoy ur slavery
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by Exponental(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2018
I know she will be abused and ridiculed but can't someone express oneself We have seen and heard of the outrageous billings in Igbo marriages. Is it worth it? Should your daughters be bought Igbos should have a rethink about it.
NB: This is not an ethnic attack but a hurtful opinion.
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by Blackfire(m): 10:14am On Jan 05, 2018
You caused it ...

You allow your parents and umunna believed your guy have money... Hence the fleeching.

You did everything i mean the igbankwu together... I hope u know the traditional marriage is like 4-5things that makes it up.

Somethings in the traditional marriage could be negotiated, example a he goat that goes for 28k can be negotiated to 5k
More coming.....
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 05, 2018
That's good... Don't worry atleast you've done the wedding and you are okay! Money will come and will go and will still come back, what we use money to do remains!
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by JusticePlanet: 10:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Aunty, dem be put gun for una head
Re: “we’re Now Broke And I’m Now A Debtor After My Traditional Wedding” – Lady by VastFinder: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Prostitute Shockingly Wakes Neighbours At Midnight With A Deep Scream Afte.... / Guy Dating Two Colleagues In Same Office At Same Time Busted / Which Of These Can You Do For A Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.