Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,995 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure (47964 Views)

Ebonyi Governorship: Glory Of 2nd Tenure Shall Be Greater Than First - U Trump / Dele Momodu Reacts As Jide Sanwoolu Joins Governorship Race In Lagos / Ikpeazu Kneels Down As Assemblies Of God Pastors Pray For Him To Win 2nd Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by ebby9z(m): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
There is no government in Nigeria that did not enjoy the services of praise-singers who disappeared as soon as the government itself collapsed like a pack of cards. Ask President Jonathan!
I sincerely pray that these same power vultures would allow the president to see this piece. It is quite apparent that Buhari seems to live in a cocoon of administrative complacency, oblivious of the frightening level of misery and untold hardship in the land. He has himself, refused to abandon his comfortable seat of power in Abuja and burst into the streets to see things for himself. It's so sad that three years into his government, he has not paid a visit to the most important city in Nigeria, Lagos but instead prefers to engage in inexplicable useless peregrination from one western country to another.
Also, the incompetence in his government is of epic proportion. From budget scandals to lack of funds for sportsmen to appointment scuffling, to fuel mismanagement.
This repeated warnings are reminiscent of GEJ days when he was admonished to shelve his reelection plans but was egged on by the ubiquitous sycophants. Buhari is towing the same path and would have a more bitter result.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2018
EPIC!.... words on marble!! thumbs up @ dele momodu! best piece I've read in2018....
I MUST un-vote the tragedy I voted come 2019!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Redxy(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2018
Bollinger:

Not anymore. I tried. I didn't want to run mad.
tired already?
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by kings09(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
fergie001:
"Who amongst us can in good conscience say in the market place that you won the last election on pure merit and that no substantial government funding went into your campaigns."

I know nobody took note of this,I did.

Thank God for life..........
Surprised nobody has called Dele,ipob
Because the trend here is once you tell the truth about Buhari,some people take it personal......truth be told,Dele don talk everything finish...

Lobatan......

dunkem21, show ooooo
So dem know sat Lagos n Rivers looted money must have bn used for d failure buhari to win yet they claim integrity did

Dele momodu is ipob - sarrki, liondeleo, deomelo, mrhistorian, madridguy, naoslay, bolustical, python1, ipobarecriminal, omenkalives, alariiwo, yarimo come n do ur work n attack dele

7 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ratello:
Pls read! Powerful letter from Dele momodu to clueless Pmb.

DELE MOMODU WRITES ANOTHER OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT BUHARI

'PLEASE, I BEG YOU...DON'T RUN FOR A SECOND TERM. GO HOME WITH YOUR HONOUR INTACT'

*'THOSE POLITICIANS ASKING YOU TO RUN AGAIN ARE DOING SO FOR SELFISH INTERESTS'

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/01/06/mr-president-man-shall-not-live-by-power-alone/

Culled from Thisday Backpage

This is an epistle.
It's not an open letter.
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by jlo247(m): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
Wow nice write up I pray baba should hear and yield.
What I like most is

Nelson Mandela spent only one term in power and retired to superlative glory as the world’s most respected and revered and idolised statesman. Robert Mugabe spent about four decades in power, yet he returned home in total infamy and unenviable disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Sirjamo: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
Only the people have the power to decide if they still want baba or not, one billion open letters from anybody can not stop his re election.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by xponet007(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari's govt is a total failure n a big disappointment to those who voted him into power n to all Nigerians. If buhari really love this country he should quit at d expiration of this first tenure. If he is wise n be a man of integrity he claims, he should heed to d voice of reasoning. I am sure he will be aware of Dele's memo. Any way as a Nigerian he has d constitutional right to seek re-election.

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Donwyz(m): 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
lol....e be like say dele no know buhari first. That man can not be convinced into making a decision.....Im heart too strong. If Im Sidon read this letter sf then we thank God

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Smarkie: 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
what pains me most is that nigerians can never learn,some of us the youth have already narrowed the next election to buhari and atiku,recycling same old politians since 1960 as if we lack young,vibrant,intellectual youths in the midst of over 180 million pple that can drive the wheel of this great nation to a higher level

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by kernel505: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
booblacain:
At least he had the courage to speak out, I give him credit for that.

One thing he pointed out which I strongly agree with is that Buhari does indeed have "some" intentions to do well, but he is not capable of it. Good intentions do not necessarily translate to capability and that is one thing most geniune(not the charlatan) supporters of Buhari refuse to understand and accept.

Please my Brother, don't be swayed by the word "Jonathan or Buhari was a good man, but surrounded by evil men", if they are good men, they wouldn't have anything to do with evil men.

Let's stop the narrative of they are good men, what has he done against the Fulani serial killers? Yet he's in the know.
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by phemmynaetoc(m): 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
The question is will Bubu and his supporters have the intellectual quotient to understand the message Dele is trying to pass across or the patience to even read it to the end?
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by KennedicalEnergy(m): 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
Dele has just wasted his time writing. You don't even know that the person you wrote all these to can neither read nor comprehend them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by KennedicalEnergy(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
Redhot111:

He doesn't owe GEJ any apology. The fact that Buhari is disaster doesn't automatically translate to GEJ being good. Though I regret supporting Buhari in 2015, I still don't regret voting GEJ out.
Oh! You you are even regretting? No enjoy. Your saviour has arrived.

2 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by murmee: 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
oduastates:

Sorry , where did you get your conclusions from?
Jonathan's government remains the worst government in Nigeria's history .
You could only imagine what the country would be like if Jonathan had continued.
Thanks for stating the Gospel Truth!
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Smooyis(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
I read the letter from the beginning to the end, and i feel highly comforted that someone is bold at last to speak truth to the president. I hope the President reads the letter without any bias of mind, and makes correction where necessary. Its a pity that he has surrounded himself with heartless tribalistic people who played no role to bring him to power. Posterity will not forgive him if he does nothing after reading this particular letter, because it expresses the minds of genuine hearted Nigerians. shocked shocked shocked[color=#000000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by kernel505: 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
oduastates:

You could only imagine what the country would be like if Jonathan had continued.

Brother close your mouth, there was global economic recession, but Obasanjo kept Nigeria afloat against the tide.

Buhari has gotten Nigeria back to back into recession, yet you have the gut to accuse another, sorry... Who lead his 1983 regime into recession too?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Redhot111(m): 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
KennedicalEnergy:

Oh! You you are even regretting? No enjoy. Your saviour has arrived.
same way I regretted supporting ur GEJ in 2011.
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Splashme: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
beejaay:
The greatest injustice is absolving the person responsible for it all and blaming his appointees (who appointed them in the first place?)
Developmeñt will continue to elude us if we fail to shun psycophancy and political correctness.... PMB is solely responsible for the troubles the country is going through now same as gej was solely responsible for all the failures during his time..as it is today PMB is a failure and no sugarcoating can change that

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by royalnose: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
And why is Bob Dee padding d obvious truth, Buhari is the Big problem not his appointees. As a matter of fact, aside Audu Ogbeh and maybd two others he has an array of technocrats/good hands in his cabinet, but when a goat is leading a pack of Lions this is d result u get- FAILURE.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by booblacain(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
kernel505:

Please my Brother, don't be swayed by the word "Jonathan or Buhari was a good man, but surrounded by evil men", if they are good men, they wouldn't have anything to do with evil men.

Let's stop the narrative of they are good men, what has he done against the Fulani serial killers? Yet he's in the know.

I never used the narrative that he is a good or bad man, being good or bad is a subjective term. I did not even use the word good and that was intentional. I said he has "some"intentions to do well, and that quote was put there intentionally as well.
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by kernel505: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
booblacain:

I never used the narrative that he is a good or bad man, being good or bad is a subjective term. I did not even use the word good and that was intentional. I said he has "some"intentions to do well, and that quote was put there intentionally as well.

How do we measure intention?
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by dimonyea80: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
The truth is Nigerians are very intelligent and choosy.Going by the present people in pdp and apc i dnt c bot having relevance in 2019
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Salym(m): 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Se u guys no get brain atall ni? what does a renowned 73 old criminal like Atiku have to offer Nigeria? Can't we root for and support someone outside the political scene to help propel our nation forward?? Do we have to continue licking the ass of old papas?? If Atiku is the only alternative to Buhari come 2019, I am sorry to say, Buhari will be our president till 2023.
I think I share the same opinion with you. If Atiku will be the PDP's flagbearer against PMB, we can simply say that it is better for the current administration to be given yet another term in office. Nigeria at this point, needs someone, most probably no one among our present politicians, who can lead and unite the country to prosperity. Someone who will appoint people based on merit not based on nepotism. A person who has the will to fire and prosecute any one found wanting in his government. But all this is not possible until Nigerians unite against the current crop of politicians whose only aim is to further enrich themselves and their lineage. I am fully confident that Nigeria will one day reach the position it deserves. But however, the power of her reaching her potentials is in our hands. The will and decision lies with us; we either do the right thing or contonue going in circles for a very long time.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by GGirll: 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
I just remembered Mr chinakwe n his dog laughing in 5%er.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by spankyflex(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
oduastates:

wake up man

2 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by colby92(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hmmmm if only he will understand what you just wrote.
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by beloveddan: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
When supposed men like uncle Dele write like this, I feel bad at heart. Does he really mean he is surprised and disappointed? Did he not parley with PMB before 2015 elections? Did he not see the emptiness in the man? We know. Hatred for GEJ blinded him. Not that I support Jonathan, but Dele and all the other 'uncles' that sold PMB to Nigerians failed much more than PMB. They lack integrity and leadership and should all retire to their villages!

2 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by LugarT: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
tuniski:

Sending buhari back to daura is a task that must be accomplished come 2019!

Are there multiple monikers quoting this line or is it just you?Always cracks me up.
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by Misterdhee1(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
Salym:

I think I share the same opinion with you. If Atiku will be the PDP's flagbearer against PMB, we can simply say that it is better for the current administration to be given yet another term in office. Nigeria at this point, needs someone, most probably no one among our present politicians, who can lead and unite the country to prosperity. Someone who will appoint people based on merit not based on nepotism. A person who has the will to fire and prosecute any one found wanting in his government. But all this is not possible until Nigerians unite against the current crop of politicians whose only aim is to further enrich themselves and their lineage. I am fully confident that Nigeria will one day reach the position it deserves. But however, the power of her reaching her potentials is in our hands. The will and decision lies with us; we either do the right thing or contonue going in circles for a very long time.
Exactly bro. I don't understand the whole Atikulate thing. Atiku is worse than Buhari and shouldn't replace Buhari..Pdp shouldn't even make it to Aso Rock again...Is it a must we continue to recycle the same old, corrupt and incompetent fools in power?
Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by tiredoflife(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
factsandfigures:
It is clear that PMB has been caged by desprate politicians who are only out to protect their own imterest at all cost. These politicians will surely do alot of shady and unholy things between now and 2019 in the name of PMB. Billions of naira will be stolen in the name of elections. They will also dezprately rigged 2019 election for PMB..
.At the end of the day the remaining legacy of PMB will be completely destroyed.

Again u lots are trying so hard to remove him from the blunders he created

Just tell us the new excuse
He is not aware

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu's Open Letter To President Buhari: Please, Don't Run For 2nd Tenure by tiredoflife(m): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Exactly bro. I don't understand the whole Atikulate thing. Atiku is worse than Buhari and shouldn't replace Buhari..Pdp shouldn't even make it to Aso Rock again...Is it a must we continue to recycle the same old, corrupt and incompetent fools in power?

Can u tell us how atiku is worse than buhari
These lies won't sell

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) / Olujonwo Obasanjo Abandons His Matrimonial Home / No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.