Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (139072 Views)

Help. What Is The Cost Of PEP Anti-hiv Drugs / His Fiancee Went To Her Ex Boyfriend's House To Visit After Engagement / Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Ejlove4u(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2018
She is in a long thing... One chance
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 07, 2018
Ferdinandu:
Seriously you are you are saying ladies be careful, so men are not also endangered in this scenario. I was almost a victim of such situatio.
thank your stars, u would have been miserable by now

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by ashiraf(m): 7:41am On Jan 07, 2018
Google is best friend for everyone...so let her find on google
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by giles14(m): 7:59am On Jan 07, 2018
edimolu:
hepatitis b virus..highly contagious than hiv
its not only wen you com in contact with the infected boby fluid.
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by AbuadStudent(m): 8:00am On Jan 07, 2018
Its mostly likely for hepatitis o. Not hiv sister
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by giles14(m): 8:12am On Jan 07, 2018
saracus:
Pls this drug is also used to treat chronic hepatitis B

In case u don't know. Those are drugs for HIV patients...

Ladies, please y'all should be careful.
pls any idea how dangerous living with a hbv is?
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Ferdinandu(m): 8:15am On Jan 07, 2018
iamrealdeji:
how were you almost a victim bro?
My Girlfriend of almost a year was positive. She was positive before I met her. I've already left her before I got to knew that she was positive all the while taking the drugs but I never knew. It took me almost a year and half of constant HIV tests to free my mind of fear of been infected.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by gamechanger1: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2018
JohnieWalker:
It is a PEP drug for hiv prevention. Illiterates everywhere. Your bf is even literate to take it. This drug is prescribed for exposure to hiv risk such as unprotected sex. It is to be taken for 30 days and must be started within 72 hours of exposure to HIV risk...Doctor and medical practitioners, rape victims take it. Note it is free due to support from Charity organisations but can cost from $600- $2k if it were to be sold..

You too much, thanks for your clarifications. Enlightenment is good
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Sike(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2018
yeyerolling:
shocked anti retroviral drug. grin
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2018
dancewith:

I like this answer. PEP is something our sexually active people should understand as an option mostly because research has shown 87% effectiveness at preventing or aborting a new infection if started within 72hrs and taken without breaks for 28days. Infact some research shows close to 100% effectiveness

Just imagine how many cases of new infections this can prevent in Nigeria! The fight to end the HIV scourge should include PreP and PEP. They are both useful and effective tools in this battle

Back to the topic, it would appear that the owner of this medication is HIV positive. However various research has shown that a HIV patient who is taking medication and has achieved non detectable status (most people on medication achieve this within 4 months of starting medication) has virtually no chance of transmitting the virus

Think this through. If this person has been on this medication and has achieved non detectable status, which is extremely likely, the girlfriend is at less risk of infection than you, yes I mean you, sleeping with someone who doesn't even know his/her HIV status and hence not on medication.

Infact he has less than 0.001% chance of transmitting the virus at a non detectable stage

Hope this has been helpful

Apt.!

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2018
JohnieWalker:

This same drug or truvada

Bros. I'm a pharmacist experienced in HIV management and care don't ask such questions.. That post you put up there will mislead people. Imagine someone reading your post and thinking everyone he sees that drug with is using it for PEP. I see you've edited your original post to reflect a price change on the cost of the ARV. You need to do better. Knowledge is power.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 07, 2018
benzene00:
How the hell should I know what is? Are you Mad

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2018
gamechanger1:

You too much, thanks for your clarifications. Enlightenment is good

That info he out up there isn't correct.. Please ignore.
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by iamrealdeji(m): 8:32am On Jan 07, 2018
Ferdinandu:
My Girlfriend of almost a year was positive. She was positive before I met her. I've already left her before I got to knew that she was positive all the while taking the drugs but I never knew. It took me almost a year and half of constant HIV tests to free my mind of fear of been infected.
God! did you have sex with her raw bro? tell me more
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2018
Ferdinandu:

I can imagine how much it must have messed with your head. But if she was taking her drugs regularly and had achieved viral suppression then her chances of transmitting to you was actually next to none.
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Neddyogu(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2018
TheTrueApostle:

did u bother to read that at all.
That drug has 3 component drugs.

Lamivudine is the drug used for hepatitis, not the drug with those 3 components (effavirenz, tenofovir, Lamivudine) ; I guess u have used the internet like u prescribed and didn't understand what u browsed.
Tenofovir is also used for treatment of Hepatitis B. It may also be used for HIV. Bottom line is that d drug is an antiviral medication but we can't say for sure if the owner is HIV positive or not.
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:36am On Jan 07, 2018
Neddyogu:
Tenofovir is also used for treatment of Hepatitis B. It may also be used for HIV. Bottom line is that d drug is an antiviral medication but we can't say for sure if the owner is HIV positive or not.

Yeah Tenofovir and Lamivudine can both be used separately with other medications to manage hepatitis but never with efavirenz in that combo. That med is solely used in treating HIV

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:38am On Jan 07, 2018
ArinzeUgo:
...abeg 600 - 2k ...na for naira abi for dollar?...cos I know its sold for less than 4k naira

He's just lifting indications and figures off the net.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Cantona25(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2018
Op you must b mad, is it only guys dat transfer HIV? Y are u warning only the ladies?
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by gefnex: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2018
apostle must hear this
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Hahnemann: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2018
That is a very strong Anti malaria drugs, who doesn't av malaria here should first advice her
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2018
pussyeater:

Hepatitis B Virus. Ode grin

Ode? Simply because he asked a question about something he don't know?

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2018
JohnieWalker:

This same drug? Please take me there.

This man. When pharma companies fix drug prices they take into cognisance the purchasing power of the citizens in a country and that's why you'd see some folks parallel importing a medicine from other third world countries and beating the price lower than that imported for sale in that county. Never Google prices and use as a basis for your talk in the Nigerian drug market. An hepatitis cure that costs about 90k dollars in the US can be gotten in India for less than a 1,000 dollars. In the US they have a functioning health insurance system that pays the bulk of the cost of their medications and treatment and that's part of the reason you'd see prices like that. ARV's are free in Nigeria for management and for the purpose of PEP. I have personally handed em out for both purposes. Nd they are some clients that prefer to buy from pharmacies ( for as low as 4k)

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2018
JohnieWalker:
It is a PEP drug for hiv prevention or for people suffering from Hiv. Your bf is even literate to take it if he had an exposure. For exposure to Hiv risk, This drug is prescribed for exposure to hiv risk such as unprotected sex. It is to be taken for 30 days and must be started within 72 hours of exposure to HIV risk...Doctor and medical practitioners, rape victims take it. Also, this drug is also part of the drugs prescribed for people with Hiv virus. Note it is free due to support from Charity organisations but is quite expensive if it were to be sold.. Note: Please the lady should do an Hiv test to ascertain her own status...�

I see you've now made necessary corrections. (Y)

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:14am On Jan 07, 2018
stacyadams:
grin grin and i get 3 free poosis to handle dis january..mehn,,problem dey..and dem wan mak i lick em...

I am seriously confused right now. I am a header too.
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 9:20am On Jan 07, 2018
nezzar:

yeah....The deadliest

Chai! I am putting play on hold for now.
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2018
Don't mind that fool..
drered:

Bros. I'm a pharmacist experienced in HIV management and care don't ask such questions.. That post you put up there will mislead people. Imagine someone reading your post and thinking everyone he sees that drug with is using it for PEP. I see you've edited your original post to reflect a price change on the cost of the ARV. You need to do better. Knowledge is power.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2018
nezzar:

yeah....The deadliest
Chlamydia is not a virus and neither is it deadly. It goes away with a short course of antibiotics. Definitely no basis for comparison with HIV

3 Likes

Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by jonero4(m): 9:24am On Jan 07, 2018
TheTrueApostle:

In case u don't know. Those are drugs for HIV patients...

Ladies, please y'all should be careful.
u r a living witness
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by gamechanger1: 9:28am On Jan 07, 2018
drered:

That info he out up there isn't correct.. Please ignore.

Wow, thanks. Anyway, my main take away from all this is that it's a reminder that hiv is real
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by drered(m): 9:31am On Jan 07, 2018
gamechanger1:

Wow, thanks. Anyway, my main take away from all this is that it's a reminder that hiv is real

Definitely. Nice one.
Re: A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Jan 07, 2018
pussyeater:

A lower dose can also be used to prevent heart attack

I love the higher dose......

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Best Toasting Lyrics That Would Melt A Girl's Heart / 10: Proven Signs A Girl Is Interested In A Guy: / Photos Of Male Sex Dolls For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.