Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw (22170 Views)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors / APC Lagos West Leaders Warn Babajide Sanwo-olu / Stay Clear Of Imo, APC Leaders Warn Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SouthEastFacts: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
Datazone:

You are another lost sheep, you as an Ijaw tout is posing as an Igbo man (SouthEast). It is not that you can't comprehend but also, you don't know mathematics. I mean 10% of 5 mil = 500k Ijaw votes. This puts total (100%) of Bayelsa at 5 mil. Yes, it relates to the fact that the Ijaws are trying to blend their imagination with reality. We as citizens of the Delta will not stand idly by as illiterates rewrite history for us.
So saying the truth or supporting Ijaw makes me an Ijaw? Stop behaving like those ritual killers.

So guy, how did you arrive at that 10%?
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

So saying the truth or supporting Ijaw makes me an Ijaw? Stop behaving like those ritual killers.

So guy, how did you arrive at that 10%?
My tribe isn't known to be killers but rather the Ijaws. 500k is the estimated vote of Bayelsa State during the last election. So I said, let's assume only 10% came to vote and then, the total of Bayelsa will be 5 mil which is very untrue considering the small land mass coupled with the swampy environment in Bayelsa.

3 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by cyrilamx(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
Mr know it all, you can dispute with the custodian of Ogba people.

The Eze Egi of Ogbaland (Eze Ogba Ukwu) :RIVER STATE From Benin ...
https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id...
27 May 2011 ... The historical and cultural visit is happy reunion of Egi Ogba people ... In the address Eze Egi presented before the Oba of Benin and members of the Edo  ...

AdaFonju:

Which ogba did you beget, what is their language, royalty, town names , I never knew a Mango tree begets udara, our Pere is on the throne of his fathers, if you or your Governor get mind make in try enter Izon communities for anything, where were you when the ugly governor was begging for peace organizing luncheons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AdaFonju: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
cyrilamx:
[s]Mr know it all, you can dispute with the custodian of Ogba people.

The Eze Egi of Ogbaland (Eze Ogba Ukwu) :RIVER STATE From Benin ...
https://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost?id...
27 May 2011 ... The historical and cultural visit is happy reunion of Egi Ogba people ... In the address Eze Egi presented before the Oba of Benin and members of the Edo[/s]  ...

Rubbish limk
So what is eze, ogba ukwu in bini language, or was bini speaking an igboid language , which of their towns bear bini language, why don't they have bini culture like igue at the rest, same with Itsekiri's who you claim came from bini but speak a yoruboid language and have Ijaw, urhobo and Portuguese culture
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Moses247(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
Rubbish post
talking of Niger delta Na still ijaws federal government de respect pas. na we get ground pas joor lol... go and argue with ur ancestors.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by cyrilamx(m): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
Oga, u have to dispute the Oba of Ogba own words and not this ur puerile rant.
AdaFonju:

Rubbish limk
So what is eze, ogba ukwu in bini language, or was bini speaking an igboid language , which of their towns bear bini language, why don't they have bini culture like igue at the rest, same with Itsekiri's who you claim came from bini but speak a yoruboid language and have Ijaw, urhobo and Portuguese culture

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by cyrilamx(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Plz don't be too blinded with bigotry. The itshekiri monarchy is from where? The title Ogiamien, Ologbotsere are from where? Don't be too hasty to advertise your ignorance in public forum.
AdaFonju:

Rubbish limk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AdaFonju: 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Datazone:

Hon. daniel reyenieju - House of Representatives Warri
http://www.nass.gov.ng/mp/profile/837

Illiteracy is a disease. Check Google for (Hon. daniel reyenieju)

Also check NFF President (Amaju Pinnick)
Check Prof Itse Sagay

I asked for senator and house of rep you are calling nff president, you brain needs to be checked urgently

Delta Hon. NWOKOLO VICTOR Ika PDP
Delta Hon. OGOR OKUWEH Isoko North/South PDP
Delta Hon. SOLOMON AHWINAHWI Ughelli North/South/Udu PDP
Delta Hon. JOAN MRAKPOR Aniocha North/Aniocha South/ Oshimili N & S PDP
Delta Hon. NICHOLAS MUTU Bomadi/Patani PDP
Delta Hon. EVELYN OMAVOWAN Opke/Sapele/Uvwie PDP
Delta Hon. NICHOLAS OSSAI Ndokwa/Ukwani

Delta Hon. JULIUS PONDI Burutu PDP
Delta Hon. EDERIN IDISI Ethiope PDP
Delta Hon. DANIEL REYENIEJU Warri

itsekiri has only one 1 , yet they are more populous than Ijaws and urhobos

Lets head over to the senate

Delta Sen. OVIE OMO-AGEGE Delta Central LP
Delta Sen. JAMES MANAGER Delta South PDP
Delta Sen. PETER NWABOSHI Delta North

itsekiri has zero 0, yet they have more population than Ijaws and urhobos

So I ask again how are itsekiri more than Ijaws in Delta state

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AdaFonju: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
cyrilamx:
Plz don't be too blinded with bigotry. The itshekiri monarchy is from where? The title Ogiamien, Ologbotsere are from where? Don't be too hasty to advertise your ignorance in public forum.
What of the title nana and olu, and the language and culture, the came from bini too, don't be blinded by illiteracy and tales by moonlight
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AdaFonju: 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
cyrilamx:
Oga, u have to dispute the Oba of Ogba own words and not this ur puerile rant.
You are deceiving yourself Ogba people came from bini but dont bear bini name atleast surname should remain, or their towns names should atleast show such relationship, the culture should represent such link, the so called benin empire is obviously a fraud and if not why are the so called tribes you beget speaking Igboid , yoruboid or entirely different languages altogether
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by LGDON: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
Afriifa:
i faint ooh. yur brain is sick I swear. have u ever heard of DSP? Alams is also an Ogbia man.

Shut up there

What do you know

I live in bayelsa for 6 years

DSP Alams is from Amasoma ....and they are Ijaw

Goodluck Jonathan is an Ogbia man....that is why there was a combination that time ..Alams governor and goodluck deputy

Ijaws are not the only tribes living in bayelsa and i doubt they are the majority because i don't have statistics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

I asked for senator and house of rep you are calling nff president, you brain needs to be checked urgently

Delta Hon. NWOKOLO VICTOR Ika PDP
Delta Hon. OGOR OKUWEH Isoko North/South PDP
Delta Hon. SOLOMON AHWINAHWI Ughelli North/South/Udu PDP
Delta Hon. JOAN MRAKPOR Aniocha North/Aniocha South/ Oshimili N & S PDP
Delta Hon. NICHOLAS MUTU Bomadi/Patani PDP
Delta Hon. EVELYN OMAVOWAN Opke/Sapele/Uvwie PDP
Delta Hon. NICHOLAS OSSAI Ndokwa/Ukwani

Delta Hon. JULIUS PONDI Burutu PDP
Delta Hon. EDERIN IDISI Ethiope PDP
Delta Hon. DANIEL REYENIEJU Warri

itsekiri has only one 1 , yet they are more populous than Ijaws and urhobos

Lets head over to the senate

Delta Sen. OVIE OMO-AGEGE Delta Central LP
Delta Sen. JAMES MANAGER Delta South PDP
Delta Sen. PETER NWABOSHI Delta North

itsekiri has zero 0, yet they have more population than Ijaws and urhobos

So I ask again how are itsekiri more than Ijaws in Delta state
This daughter of a fisherman is here again. Politics in Delta (Nigeria at large) is divide and rule. The Ijaws, Itsekiri and Isoko in Delta South are into divide and rule - whilst Itsekiri has been the governor and claimed chairmanship in Warri LGA, the Ijaws were agreed to come in for house of rep. So, shut up, we are more than Delta Ijaws.

Here's an Urhobo website which corroborate the fact that Ijaws are inflating figures and Itsekiris are more than all tribes in Warri.

Excerpt .."Here are the official 1963 population census figures and the ethnic distribution pattern for Warri Division (now the 3 Warri Local Government areas.)

Ethnic group Population % of Total

I. Itsekiri 92,711 64%

II. Ijaw in 3 enclaves 20,702 14%

III. Urhobo of Agbassa 2,000 1.4%

IV. Urhobo of Idimi Sobo of Okere 480 0.3%

V Others – Urhobo, Edo, Hausa,Ibo 29,167 20%

Total 145,060 100%"

"
"
Why has he not excluded the huge figures for Egbeoma Ijaw (about 1/3 ) nullified by the Abuja Census Tribunal in 1991 in his computation of the Ijaw figures? Why has he overlooked all Government figures from 1975 to 1990? "

"And besides the fact that the 10 years restriction imposed on ward creation bars any tampering with these wards created in 1997, there is no rational or logical basis for Ijaw claim to be regarded as a majority group in Warri South West Local Government Area, a part of Itsekiri homeland."

Read the full story from the website of a 3rd party (Urhobo) so you won't say they are the machinations of Itsekiri

http://www.waado.org/UrhoboHistory/WesternNigerDelta/Danjuma/Itsekiri/PositionPaper.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by cyrilamx(m): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
You are the one suffering from chronic illiteracy..worst still ur warp brain is still in hibernation. A check on history of Itsekiri's people will help you understand that their Monarch is a direct descent from Benin. Plz read this and tell me who was Prince Giniwa?

History of Itsekiri People - DELTA STATE - Page 1 of 1 - NaijaSky
naijasky.com/-delta-state/...itsekiri.../9441...
8 Oct 2016 ... Page 1 of 1: History of Itsekiri People The Itsekiri' (also called the, Isekiri, "lJekri" Itsekri or Ishekiri or Itsekhiri) are an ethnic group of Nigeria's Niger.

AdaFonju:

What of the title nana and olu, and the language and culture, the came from bini too, don't be blinded by illiteracy and tales by moonlight
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Lajet: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

Rubbish limk

So now it have suit you to said that Eze Ogba Ukwu is Igboid Language and Ogba towns bear Igbo names . but it have been Ijaw people that have been instigating Igboid group In Rivers State to denied their Igbo root so you people will claim Majority tribe in Rivers State. Even we all know that Ogba Speak Igbo language, Bear Igbo First name and Surname, also have the same culture with Igbo people. Majority of Igbo like me don't problem with Ijaw people the problem started when your leader Edwin Clarke started saying there are no Igbo people in South South but the old Man will regard an Ijaw person from Ondo and Edo states as an Ijaw person tell me if that is not wickedness. Your brothers in this forum like Tonybarcanista and Co have follow the old man footstep to have hatred against the Ndigbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AdaFonju: 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
Datazone:

This daughter of a fisherman is here again. Politics in Delta (Nigeria at large) is divide and rule. The Ijaws, Itsekiri and Isoko in Delta South are into divide and rule - whilst Itsekiri has been the governor and claimed chairmanship in Warri LGA, the Ijaws were agreed to come in for house of rep. So, shut up, we are more than Delta Ijaws.

Here's an Urhobo website which corroborate the fact that Ijaws are inflating figures and Itsekiris are more than all tribes in Warri.

Excerpt .."Here are the official 1963 population census figures and the ethnic distribution pattern for Warri Division (now the 3 Warri Local Government areas.)

I. Itsekiri 92,711 64%

Total 145,060 100%"

"
"
Why has he not excluded the huge figures for Egbeoma Ijaw (about 1/3 ) nullified by the Abuja Census Tribunal in 1991 in his computation of the Ijaw figures? Why has he overlooked all Government figures from 1975 to 1990? "

Read the full story from the website of a 3rd party (Urhobo) so you won't say they are the machinations of Itsekiri

http://www.waado.org/UrhoboHistory/WesternNigerDelta/Danjuma/Itsekiri/PositionPaper.html

so you won't say they are the machinations of itsekiri

ITSEKIRI'S POSITION PAPER ON WARRI CITY
AND THE CRISIS IN NIGERIA'S WESTERN NIGER DELTA
PRESENTED ON 7TH APRIL, 2003 BEFORE PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO

Answering you is a waste of brain cells

2 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Afriifa(m): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
LGDON:

Shut up there

What do you know

I live in bayelsa for 6 years

DSP Alams is from Amasoma ....and they are Ijaw

Goodluck Jonathan is an Ogbia man....that is why there was a combination that time ..Alams governor and goodluck deputy

Ijaws are not the only tribes living in bayelsa and i doubt they are the majority because i don't have statistics
living in bayelsa for over 6 years and you say Ogbia is not an Izon clan? hahahahahahahaha.. abeg shift go dat side.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Amberon11: 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
I have long life. However you're dead already.
Neimar:

mumu die by fire grin
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Afriifa(m): 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
Datazone:

I. Itsekiri 92,711 64%

Total 145,060 100%"

"
"

"And besides the fact that the 10 years restriction imposed on ward creation bars any tampering with these wards created in 1997, there is no rational or logical basis for Ijaw claim to be regarded as a majority group in Warri South West Local Government Area, a part of Itsekiri homeland."

if u r indeed an Ishekiri person den indeed u r a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
AdaFonju:

ITSEKIRI'S POSITION PAPER ON WARRI CITY
AND THE CRISIS IN NIGERIA'S WESTERN NIGER DELTA
PRESENTED ON 7TH APRIL, 2003 BEFORE PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO

Answering you is a waste of brain cells
Published where? Cite instances of Ijaw population in Delta. You're out for trouble, it feels terrible that you disregard census figures.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
Afriifa:
if u r indeed an Ishekiri person den indeed u r a disgrace
I don't think I'm comfortable discussing with someone who can't write and spell. What's Ishekiri? Write properly man, I'm having a hard time reading your posts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by LGDON: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
Afriifa:
living in bayelsa for over 6 years and you say Ogbia is not an Izon clan? hahahahahahahaha.. abeg shift go dat side.

Ogbia people are not ijaw

Proove me wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
Afriifa:
he just said the bitter truth.
what truth undecided the only truth there is... Ijaws are land grabbers... Do you even know your {Izon} own history at all? I mean pre-Tompolo your demi-god who has had to suck it up to Buhari... Coward is he... isn't he? Hmm?

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
what truth undecided the only truth there is... Ijaws are land grabbers... Do you even know your {Izon} own history at all? I mean pre-Tompolo your demi-god who has had to suck it up to Buhari... Coward is he... isn't he? Hmm?

grin grin grin grin

Good Question

@Adafonjo tell us ijaw one page history , i know say una nor even get but let's just give you ogogoro drinkers benefit of doubt grin grin
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Afriifa(m): 1:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
r u dat pained?
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Rival(m): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
LGDON:

Ogbia people are not ijaw

Proove me wrong
Why do you think your inconsequential opinion about who is IJAW and who is not should matter enough to warrant a proof from him?
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Neimar: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
Amberon11:
I have long life. However you're dead already.

deceive yasef...goodbye
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by LGDON: 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
Rival:
Why do you think your inconsequential opinion about who is IJAW and who is not should matter enough to warrant a proof from him?

This is not opinion but fact.....this is what Ogbia history shows...they are not Ijaws ...they migrated from benin

Every Ogbia man knows that....I have lived with Ijaw and Ogbia people for a very long time...I even married one

That Ijaws and Ogbia people live in the same geographical region does not mean they are the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Rival(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ijaws are a great people. No matter the animosity projected towards the Ijaw nation from any direction, the strength of the Ijaw nation will prevail. What we need is unity. A time shall come when our voice will be heard loud and clear, even to the hearing-impaired. Long live the Ijaw nation.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
LGDON:

This is not opinion but fact.....this is what Ogbia history shows...they are not Ijaws ...they migrated from benin

Every Ogbia man knows that....I have lived with Ijaw and Ogbia people for a very long time...I even married one

That Ijaws and Ogbia people live in the same geographical region does not mean they are the same

We need more of you on nairaland .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Ekpungu EFCC Secretary, Names Board Members / 2023 PRESIDENCY: Anger As APC, PDP Mull Ceding Tickets To North / Labour Presents New Minimum Wage Demand Above The N56,000 Earlier Proposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.