Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw (22098 Views)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors / APC Lagos West Leaders Warn Babajide Sanwo-olu / Stay Clear Of Imo, APC Leaders Warn Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AreaFada2: 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2018
CooperJay:
This Ijaw ppl are biting more than they can chew oo

I can't help but notice thier attire , Please is Itshekiri an Edo Clan?

Answer is Itsekiri are partly of Edo/Benin descent.

Let me go a bit into history. The first Olu of Itsekiri was the Son of Oba Olua and grandson of Oba Ewuare I of Benin. His name was Prince Iginuwa (Ginuwa).
He was sent to the coast to become the Ogiame (Lord of the Seas). Today Ogiame is the first and original title of any Olu of Warri.

Of course when he was sent, he was given a royal court like it obtains in Benin Royal Palace. With the chiefs/courtiers drawn from children of Benin aristocracy. Therefore the Royal Court life at Ewere (now Warri) would have been a replica of Benin Royal palace.

Now about the name Ewere which Itsekiri people now identify with as Iwere.
Ewere is a plant with wide leaves that is found as an undergowth in the forest. Usually near rivers/water bodies. It symbolises good fortune, safety and abundance. The Prince & his Benin people who arrived in the area now called Warri saw abundance of Ewere plants. They considered it a good omen and settled there. Calling the place Ewere.

Till today in Benin, the morning after Igue (anointing & thanksgiving) festival in Benin, the youths collect Ewere leaves from the forest. Little pieces of the leaves are pasted on the forehead amid celebration. It symoblises safety, abundance and good fortune for the coming year. This is not dissimilar to how Hindus anoint their foreheads with a Bindi/kumkum of turmeric or vermilion. Though for more religious or marital status reasons.

Over time, and probably before and after arriving there, waves of Yoruboid & other people (including from Ijebu & Eastern Yorubaland like Owo) came to the area too. These groups coalesced into what is now Itsekiri nation. Olu of Itsekiri became Olu of Warri under the premiership of Obafemi Awolowo in Western Region in the 1950s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by nasoeb: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
SicilianMafia:
[[s]quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=63959268]Like I opined in the other thread, the 15 million Ijaw people shall never be broken by malicious acts from some envious and wicked elements that are within and outside the Niger Delta and Southsouth region.

The fact remains that Ijaw population that are indegenous in Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Ondo and Edo states (the so-called Oba of Benin can go to hell if he insist on not embracing the reality), remains the undisputed 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and 10% of the entire country.[/s]

You are tiny minority settlers and tenants in those states you mentioned and you aren't even up to 500k in your vastly under developed bayelsa

Mr man sorry to say you are not only a tiny minority but an hopeless one at that!!

and this tenant control you, your generation and determine what happens in niger delta. come on you cant help but give it to the masters. I prefer when people call Great Ijaw Tribe minority but then see the unbelievable great influence we have and how we control and beat the majority itsekiris to pulp.
the same way tiny Israel is beating the vast, huge arab nations all around it. you cant help but admire us even if secretly.
exchanging words wuth itsekiria of a teibe us a let down to Great Ijaw tribe.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SuperS1Panther: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
nasoeb:

you engineered what. even leopard face tribes dey talk too. it will help you if you spend this time you use in spewing shit (being yoruba cos they are just good in spewing shit) in browsing konga for anti face mark creams to remove those gutter tribal marks on your face

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The wrapper tying hippopotamus is talking where human beings are talking.

We only go to war with real men that wear trousers and not a sissy tying wrapper like you. The last one you tried in Ondo, you know where it ended. That is just a sub-clan of the larger house of oduduwa.

Spend quality time to look for Sarafa the tailor, to upgrade you to a trouser wearing person. For now, I cannot waste my time on an ogogoro sipping wrapper tying hippos

Leave us out of your madness with Binis and Itshekiris. We will not allow your revisionist ploy of claiming the oil producing part of Ondo to pass without correcting you before you will pass it down to your younger generation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
Datazone:
I will like to comment the Itsekiri body for corroborating the issue raised by Garba Shehu. The Ijaws are fond of turning fishing camps to communities. They do not have a full LGA in Delta as we have been made to believe. Urhobo communities exist in Bomadi, Burutu and Pagani. Itsekiri is the largest tribe in the three Warri LGA as far as census is concerned. It may interest you that Bayelsa is the home of all Ijaws, it was through their fishing escapade they landed in Delta and was accepted by the Olu of Warri. This generous act of the Olu of Warri is the Itsekiri's undoing.
Do u know that urhobo are even in the bayalsa they are claiming to be their own. And bayalsa is not even bigger than the three warri combine. One tiny place like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
AreaFada2:

Answer is Itsekiri are partly of Edo/Benin descent.

Let me go a bit into history. The first Olu of Itsekiri was the Son of Oba Olua and grandson of Oba Ewuare I of Benin. His name was Prince Iginuwa (Ginuwa).
He was sent to the coast to become the Ogiame (Lord of the Seas). Today Ogiame is the first and original title of any Olu of Warri.

Of course when he was sent, he was given a royal court like it obtains in Benin Royal Palace. With the chiefs/courtiers drawn from children of Benin aristocracy. Therefore the Royal Court life at Ewere (now Warri) would have been a replica of Benin Royal palace.

Now about the name Ewere which Itsekiri people now identify with as Iwere.
Ewere is a plant with wide leaves that is found as an undergowth in the forest. Usually near rivers/water bodies. It symbolises good fortune, safety and abundance. The Prince & his Benin people who arrived in the area now called Warri saw abundance of Ewere plants. They considered it a good omen and settled there. Calling the place Ewere.

Over time, and probably before and after arriving there, waves of Yoruboid & other people (including from Ijebu & Eastern Yorubaland like Owo) came to the area too. These groups coalesced into what is now Itsekiri nation. Olu of Itsekiri became Olu of Warri under the premiership of Obafemi Awolowo in Western Region in the 1950s.

Guy where you dey all this while?

You just fell of the map since early last year
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2018
nasoeb:

and this tenant control you, your generation and determine what happens in niger delta. come on you cant help but give it to the masters. I prefer when people call Great Ijaw Tribe minority but then see the unbelievable great influence we have and how we control and beat the majority itsekiris to pulp.
the same way tiny Israel is beating the vast, huge arab nations all around it. you cant help but admire us even if secretly.
exchanging words wuth itsekiria of a teibe us a let down to Great Ijaw tribe.
The Ijawman is not known to be argumentative or a noisemaker my brother...

Upon all the noise and threats from one so-called Oba of Benin and his lackey Governor Obaseki, the Pere of Gelegele still remained in his seat...

It is not by noise or rabble rousing

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by njelrapheal: 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
Iyajelili:

I understand you and there is sense in what you said but we are already in the situation therefore we should unite and find a way to co-exist in happiness to move the country forward. Or don't you think so
you have made a very good point. Personally, I wish it were so but some friends are better of as friends than room mates
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by nasoeb: 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The wrapper tying hippopotamus is talking where human beings are talking.

We only go to war with real men that wear trousers and not a sissy tying wrapper like you.

Spend quality time to look for Sarafa the tailor, to upgrade you to a trouser wearing person. For now, I cannot waste my time on an ogogoro sipping wrapper tying hippos

and this same tribe beat you black and blue that the world noticed. then pity your tribe/generation.

we are small and minority but yet conquer.
we need real men to fight nit this fufu of a tribe

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
Bobby808:
These tribe were living peacefully before this holo block president Buhari is trying to cause tribal war. I remember the Ijaws almos eliminated the Itskiris duing the first tribal war between them now this Huasa is about starting another round. This government is always devisive. From history, the Ijaws are known to be forth largest ethnic group. Am wondering a very tiny tribe like the Itsekiris who are only occupying some part of Warri are making noise. I don look for trouble for telling the truth. But Itsekiri get governors self? Are they even in Senate? Them dey minster position? You can only find them as local government area chairman only in Warri city.
Na wa o, u illiteracy strong o, have u seen a tribe having governor? Is it not states that has governor. And the previous governor of Delta State was an itsekiri man for ur info.
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SuperS1Panther: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
nasoeb:

and this same tribe beat you black and blue that the world noticed. then pity your tribe/generation.

we are small and minority but yet conquer.
we need real men to fight nit this fufu of a tribe

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Black and blue and you were effectively dislodged and nearly annihilated. Even your Arogbo-Ijaws will slap your face and you will see stars if they read what you just wrote.

Your land that we seized since then are still under our control and there is nothing you can do about it.

You launched the 1st attack and the reprisal was swift sweet and vicious.

You can have a go at it if you are up to the game again. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin The little strip of land you are occupying will be turned to ashes.

Ajegunle treatment will be a joke this time around. Unfortunately for you, we will blot out the event from the media, until we are done with you.

We warn before attacking. We are not fulanis. We are descendant of warriors and it in in-bred in us.

4 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by valirex: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
EternalTruth:
why u dey always put ur head for Ijaw matter.
Izonn Otu people go kill u oh. Be very careful. IJAWS are the most dreaded Ethnic group in Nigeria. More deadlier than Herdsmen.
Cc PreyeIjo AdaFonju nengibo Afriifa

Lol, I laugh in ijor
Your ijor people will soon be tamed grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Ukaegbumbeh(m): 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
SicilianMafia:

It will be a democracy not Ojukwuism
See how l take dey look you. ls delta state not a democracy state when itsekiri the threat them not to be a governor in delta state?

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by eulogy: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2018
AdaFonju:
This is what you ser if you type edo girl in google,
Na their identity and the highest thing they can achieve
U wicked o. Lolz...

2 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AreaFada2: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Guy where you dey all this while?

You just fell of the map since early last year
Lol, I dey o.

I have been avoiding ethnic threads a bit.

Instead of learning & reasoning together for unity, it seems it has become "my dickus is bigger than yours" in these arguments.

We currently have no choice but to share same geographical space. Common sense should tell us that it should be as amicably as possible.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by eulogy: 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2018
AdaFonju:

Edo girl publicly dedicates 'private part' to her boyfriend (photos)
Updated: 11 months ago

Author: Adunni Amodeni

Views: 190826

Category: Gist, Photo, Local news

FACEBOOK
EMAIL
WHATSAPP
Things will never seize to amaze us!

The picture of Nigerian lady from Edo state, has gone viral on the internet as she took to her Facebook wall to gush about her undying love for her boyfriend.

PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ gossip App

The lady who was identified as Oboh Mercy O Oboh on Facebook, who studied Law at Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma, posted a picture of her boyfriend with a very controversial caption that says, she has dedicated her ‘private part’ to him.

See post below:
https://gossip.naija.ng/1083909-edo-girl-publicly-dedicates-private-part-boyfriend-photos.html
Edo girls na first class ashi dem na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Edopesin: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
This Is What Happens When You Exchange Words With Depressed Morons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
nasoeb:

chai you don see small ignorant foolss you go lie for. chai make you shame small na. accepted by olu my nyansh indeed itsekirus wey urhobo wan kill for stealing their land suddenly don gain ground to even comme dey welcome people. this itsekiris una brain na mayonnause dey inside
You see how stupid you can be? You and your likes claim Itsekiris are not from Warri yet all tribes in Delta were hiding when Ovaranmwen of Benin and Nana of Itsekiris were waging war against the Europeans. Itsekiris are far more intelligent than the Ijaws so I can't understand your "mayonnaise" brain talk.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2018
AdaFonju:

You are quite ignorant, when the bini prince that slept with his fathers wife was sent on exile who did he meet in Delta, the itsekiri name is from Ijaw language sii kiri, their king title is nana which is the Ijaw word for owner, all itsekiris are half Ijaws because their founding fathers married only Ijaw women, itsekiri and bini ppl are Yorubas and will be sent back to ileife after restructuring
Ignorance runs in your lineage, I am not surprised. Have you ever heard of "Iwere" in Itsekiri? You twist history like a typical Ijaw lady. Ginuwa didn't form the Itsekiri tribe otherwise our language will be similar to Benin. Ugborodo, Omadino and some other Itsekiri communities have been existing before Ginuwa came to Delta, we made him King because of his royalty. Ijaws were slaves during this period as no documented history is known of them. You and your likes claim Itsekiris are not from Warri yet all tribes in Delta were hiding when Ovaranmwen of Benin and Nana of Itsekiris were waging war against the Europeans. Ijaws do not belong to Delta, they are from Bayelsa. They are tenants in Delta and will be sent packing. Itsekiris have all documents and, we have the backing of England and Portugal. When the time is right, no one will be able to stop us.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by cyrilamx(m): 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
Keep quiet, where re the 15m? You think Propaganda work like hypnosis on everyone? Don't begin to send me link of Wikipedia cos any dick n Harry can be consulted to redact such lie. Ijaw might be armed no thanks to gej who rather armed his pple at the expense of Nigerian army. I5 million only exist in figment of ijaws imagination after heavy consumption of alcohol, No wonder GeJ was never himself when he held sway a Nigerian leader. Ijaws are militants..that is where it ends. But real warrior are those who for centuries have been tested, had empires that were the envy of Europeans. Ijaws thrive in causing fear among those who do not know their antecedents. I thought they wanted to bomb Edo government house and Oba of Benin's palace with ultimatum ending in 29th December, 2017. Go an crown ur yeye and insignificant 'pere' na. The binis alone in the diaspora are just a little fewer that the ijaw nation. The calm demeanour of a Tiger shouldn't be confused for weakness. Don't ever fan the embers of war cos it will consume you to even ur Unborn ogogoro kids. Land grabbers who constitute nuisance everywhere.
TonyeBarcanista:
Like I opined in the other thread, the 15 million Ijaw people shall never be broken by malicious acts from some envious and wicked elements that are within and outside the Niger Delta and Southsouth region.

The fact remains that Ijaw population that are indegenous in Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Ondo and Edo states (the so-called Oba of Benin can go to hell if he insist on not embracing the reality), remains the undisputed 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and 10% of the entire country.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2018
Bobby808:
These tribe were living peacefully before this holo block president Buhari is trying to cause tribal war. I remember the Ijaws almos eliminated the Itskiris duing the first tribal war between them now this Huasa is about starting another round. This government is always devisive. From history, the Ijaws are known to be forth largest ethnic group. Am wondering a very tiny tribe like the Itsekiris who are only occupying some part of Warri are making noise. I don look for trouble for telling the truth. But Itsekiri get governors self? Are they even in Senate? Them dey minster position? You can only find them as local government area chairman only in Warri city.
You are really an illiterate. Have you heard of Emmanuel Uduaghan? If Itsekiris who are highly educated can't hold these offices in Delta, can the Ijaws who are illiterates hold it? Do you know the current chairman of NFA (Nigerian Football Association) is an Itsekiri? We have Prof Omatseye in Buhari's Administration and many others. We are ahead of you despite your daft GEJ's appointment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by cyrilamx(m): 10:52pm On Jan 06, 2018
I never knew the devil is a saint when compared to ijaws Propaganda. Where una stupid 'pere' remain for sit? You can lie to hide ur defeat but not one that lives in Benin and regularly updated with ongoings there. No wonder u were reduced to insignificant keyboard warrior with ur naive politics. You are an unstable character. Ijaws re synonymous to empty barrel. Noise making is etched in their DNA. In Benin Kingdom, you have one Oba...no one else dare. Binis don't talk..we are every...our brothers that we beget. The people of OBA in Rivers state already tracing their step home. The way binis tamed the ijaws made them start turning their attention to warri forgetting that itshekiri royalty is of Bini royal blood too.
TonyeBarcanista:

The Ijawman is not known to be argumentative or a noisemaker my brother...

Upon all the noise and threats from one so-called Oba of Benin and his lackey Governor Obaseki, the Pere of Gelegele still remained in his seat...

It is not by noise or rabble rousing

4 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2018
Bobby808:
Am still checking how the Itsekiris that can be found only in some part of Warri are now competing with the popularly aclaimed forth largest ethnic group in the country. I can read very many attcks especially the Afonjas and the Hausas. Na the Amnesty the Ijaws dey enjoy dey pain many people? Abi na because the Itsekiris do not have any member in the National house of assembly, Senate, governor but they can only be found as Local Government chairmen. The Ijaws are now very wealthy, they refused to be oppressed, milked as before. Unlike before, the Ijaw kings chiefs etc are now well known across the country and the world.
You can't read and write. I'm of the opinion that someone is doing the write-up for you and, he's doing it badly. Garba Shehu and everyone who replied you are saying "ITSEKIRIS IN DELTA ARE MORE THAN IJAWS IN DELTA" not that Itsekiris are more than Ijaws in Nigeria. Learn to read and comprehend, we can't begin to teach you how to read and understand online. Please man.

2 Likes

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by SicilianMafia: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
cyrilamx:
I never knew the devil is a saint when compared to ijaws Propaganda. Where una stupid 'pere' remain for sit? You can lie to hide ur defeat but not one that lives in Benin and regularly updated with ongoings there. No wonder u were reduced to insignificant keyboard warrior with ur naive politics. You are an unstable character. Ijaws re synonymous to empty barrel. Noise making is etched in their DNA. In Benin Kingdom, you have one Oba...no one else dare. Binis don't talk..we are every...our brothers that we beget. The people of OBA in Rivers state already tracing their step home. The way binis tamed the ijaws made them start turning their attention to warri forgetting that itshekiri royalty is of Bini royal blood too.

grin grin cheesy
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by naijafella(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by Neimar: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
AdaFonju:

Ewww, stay out of mentions you Gay nigger, go to romance section and join your yoruba brother bobrisky

mtsheew lame
fugly mofo grin

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by cyrilamx(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ijaws re mere Propaganda militants and never make the mistake of dignifying them with warrior-status. Kidnapping and vandalising pipeline is not synonymous with real combat. Don't come here and tell me they fought the Nigerian state and won...that is fallacy, if not for economic interest those smeagul like creatures can't even stand a day of military might. So go tell your fear story to kids not one whose lineage produce real warriors whose memory still related today. Militancy is not the synonym of war. The Edo nation beget several tribes in South south as far as OBA in Rivers state...before ijaws mount the keyboards like starved rodents again to type trash, let them wash their back....
jadyclem:

bro nobody is praying for a tribal war. if u've witnessed one or you and your family have been caught in the middle of one before, you would know it's not something one should wish for. beside, d ijaws are very ruthless and armed to d teeth. I don witness their wahala first hand so I no dey pray make dat kind thing happen again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by fatiaforreal: 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
verydark:

we are all binis.if you bothered to read history of this area called nigeria you would know.igbos are not binis.igbos are from the congo area.

then to the north,songhai.

even igbos know they are not you.but why should they give you this information when you dont bother to read yourself.?

its up to you to know who you are.everything is about land here.not realy about cultures.
You're right, but its not only the igbos that came from Congo. Almost all the tribes in west Africa , and beyond did. That's why we're referred to as the Niger-Congo group. Linguistics has shown Igbo and Yoruba are variations of same language together with Igala. Our separation into different tribes took place around the Niger confluence, from where Igbo migrated through Benue and cross into SE area. First Ile Ife was located close to the Niger river, it was destroyed by flood and they migrated to the present day Ile Ife. The people who later became Binis journeyed through this same point of separation ( whether on their way from Egypt as claimed by some or they came from Nupe, a corruption of the word Nyuife in the language of the inhabitants till date, meaning Ile Ife ,according to Jacob Egarevba). So, all these tribes are the same people. Itsekiri is much more Yoruba than Bini; even Ijaws have versions of their history that places Ife as their origin. Forget the different names, we only enjoy being different but in reality, we're the same.

1 Like

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by omodave(m): 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
God help this generation... Many are brain dead...just imagining what will become of us in no distant time.. With all this hatred...trying to prove the superiority of one tribe over another always and will cause disharmony ...I wish our youth can see this and save the future...
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by macof(m): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
SicilianMafia:
coming to ijo there is something not clear regarding thier origin as they delibrately twist thier history, its not that ijos history wasnt documented, it was!!

Go and read the lower niger and its tribes by Leonard arthur glyn (1906) where it states that ijos are benin descendants, see S E johnson report on gbaramatu, patridge report on ijo, and the oral traditions amongst the ijos of the niger delta by professor E J Alagoa. Now coming to your claim ijaws are you aware of the place iduwini in delta and igbobini an apoi community in ondo dont tell me that idu benins ancestor is now an ijo man and the prefix idu is of ijo origin and now igbobini a yoruba word that means forest binis(benins) and if you are still not convinced according to some ijos oral tradition they claim ado beni origin which means riverine edo in ijo tongue what does that tell you regarding the ancestor of this ijos.?
I think Ijaw is not a homogenous ethnicity.. I lernt there are even few groups that speak Edoid languages, and some speak languages similar to the Efik-Ibibio

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by EternalTruth: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
valirex:

Lol, I laugh in ijor
Your ijor people will soon be tamed grin
who is this small rat? And which hole did you crawl in from?
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by AdaFonju: 12:03am On Jan 07, 2018
Datazone:

Ignorance runs in your lineage, I am not surprised. Have you ever heard of "Iwere" in Itsekiri? You twist history like a typical Ijaw lady. Ginuwa didn't form the Itsekiri tribe otherwise our language will be similar to Benin. Ugborodo, Omadino and some other Itsekiri communities have been existing before Ginuwa came to Delta, we made him King because of his royalty. Ijaws were slaves during this period as no documented history is known of them. You and your likes claim Itsekiris are not from Warri yet all tribes in Delta were hiding when Ovaranmwen of Benin and Nana of Itsekiris were waging war against the Europeans. Ijaws do not belong to Delta, they are from Bayelsa. They are tenants in Delta and will be sent packing. Itsekiris have all documents and, we have the backing of England and Portugal. When the time is right, no one will be able to stop us.
It will be in your best interest to avoid the Ijaws, ask yoyr fathers to tell you the stories of warri crises when itsekiri men started writing Igbo mans house on their properties. You are all Yoruba people and you will bw sent back to your kith and kin in the west, you claim to be from niger delta but speak Yoruba language who are deceiving
Re: Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw by ANOWEDGREAT: 12:05am On Jan 07, 2018
temptnow:
Fulanis knocking our heads together since 1914.

Southerners think for once think.

Yorubas

Igbos

Niger Delta

Make una think, this people are not really smarter than us like the way they've made us hate ourselves.

This Buhari regime is bent on turning the whole country into a blood feast since he took over power it has been one crises after another I hope the itsekiris and the ijaws will handle this sensitive issue in a very mature way and not allow this bloodthirsty regime plunge them into another Warri crises of the late 19s actually instigated by abacha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

National Assembly Increases 2018 Budget To N9.1trn (dailytrust) / Adewale Adeyemo Appointed Obama Foundation First President / 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.