Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! (3579 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Tithing: Should I Disregard This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

It's my dear friend. The bible says so because you started the argument. It's not a false doctrine because a man filled with the holy ghost will know if it's false or not. From the beginning to the end you have argued but you haven't being able to convince some of us where is stated we shouldn't pay tithe instead you use question to ask question.

Hebrews 7 v 12; if the Priesthood has changed, there's necessity for a change in the Law...

By the way, I can see you are trying so hard to throw mud at me on this matter of "unnecessary argument"...try harder cos the mud ain't sticking...

If the doctrine of monetary tithing is the truth, it would not crumble under the weight of my questions...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Hebrews 7 v 12; if the Priesthood has changed, there's necessity for a change in the Law...

By the way, I can see you are trying so hard to throw mud at me on this matter of "unnecessary argument"...try harder cos the mud ain't sticking...

If the doctrine of monetary tithing is the truth, it would not crumble under the weight of my questions...
Did Heb 7:12 expressly say don't pay tithe? Priesthood indeed!
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Because it wasn't disapproved by same Jesus you illustrated. Jesus never spoke against it
sheeple ,,,read heb 7:1-19 Paul openly speaks about its ineffectiveness on Christianity but cos u can't read ,only believing on ur pastors, hence u ar brainwashed and become mentally imprisoned
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

For you arguing in favor of tithing being mandatory for Christians,

1) Kindly read Hebrews 7 v 12 and Hebrews 7 v 18, then follow the teachings of Jesus on what makes a goat a goat and what makes a sheep a sheep as per Matthew 25 v 31-46.

It's very hilarious that even when Hebrew 7 v 12 & 18 states that the old covenant has passed away, some people are cherry picking things in there to make it mandatory for those under the new covenant.

2) If you insist tithing is mandatory, also show me where God instructed tithes to be paid on 10% of salaries and wages as opposed to 10% of crops and livestock...

That's if tithing is mandatory for a Christian anyways...
I had given bible verses but you haven't point any single verse that says don't pay tithe. Point it out for all to see.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

I had given bible verses but you haven't point any single verse that says don't pay tithe. Point it out for all to see.

Please state the bible verses where God instructed tithes be paid on salaries and wages...as opposed to crops and livestock...

I am still waiting...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
All these grace preachers
Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.
Father Abraham gave tithes.
Jacob gave his tithe.
And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).
Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?
I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.
Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.
Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.
It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.
The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.
His death only grants us divine pardon from the immediate consequences of sin.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Jesus said in that same verse of Matthew 5:17 that he didn't abolish the law.
u ar too gullible,,, he only said that to avoid certain accusation from the high priest and hypocrites like u while systematically changing the law,....y ar not ur pastor practising all the laws of moses covenant.

I pray u receive some sense this year
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

CAN YOU ALSO GIVE BIBLE VERSES THAT EXPRESSLY STATES WE SHOULD NOT DO THESE?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself
.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

If you are not doing these, what could be your reasons sir?
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Stop misquoting Paul. Don't imply where there is nothing. If you are to draw your point on tithing, it must be expressly written stating that " don't or no need for tithing ".
I don't have any hope 4 people like u ..may be only in the next world
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Tithing dates far back before the Mosaic law. It is a covenant practice born out of revelation and insight into the deep things of God.
Jacob gave his tithe.
And if we are Abraham's children and are now partakers of Abraham's blessings, then we must equally engage the deeds of Abraham (Hebrews 7).
Many are busy shouting, "we are now under grace, and not under the law, therefore the law should be done away with". Is this only regarding tithing?
I hope grace has now nullified the law that says thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit fornication, thou shall not lie, thou shall not worship any other god besides me, etc.
Many have become abusers of grace because they don't understand what grace is and what it has come to do.
Grace is the divine ability to do God's will without limitation where ordinarily, men would fail. Grace rides on the wheels of Mercy.
It is this mercy (divine pardon) that everyone enjoys today as a result of the blood that Jesus shed on Calvary. That is why, when many ought to have died instantly after committing a sin, they live on. Mercy suspends at outright almost instant consequence for sin and gives many chances for repentance.
The death of Jesus didn't abolish tithing because if it does, then it also abolished the sin of murder, idolatory and fornication.

Abraham tithed to Melchizedek out of his discretion as tithing was a pagan custom in the land those days...

OR CAN YOU POINT OUT WHERE GOD ALMIGHTY INSTRUCTED ABRAHAM TO PAY TITHES TO MELCHIZEDEK?

In addition, animal sacrifice also predated the Law...you can make reference to Noah after the flood OR Abraham who made a sacrifice in place of Isaac...

If God supported animal sacrifice and made it a part of the Law; KINDLY TELL US WHY YOU AREN'T DOING ANIMAL SACRIFICE AND WHY THAT SAME REASON DOES NOT APPLY TO THE OBLIGATORY REQUIREMENTS OF TITHING AS WELL...

Unless you are implying Jesus fulfilled the Law partially...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Please state the bible verses where God instructed tithes be paid on salaries and wages...as opposed to crops and livestock...

I am still waiting...
You see why I say you'reg arguing unnecessary. Where did I say you must tithe with money? Where is it mentioned in the Bible? Did these verse of the bible say so? Gen 14:20,Lev 27:30-32,numbers 18:20-32,Neh 10:37-38,mal 3:8-10, Luke 18:12,. All these verses support tithing. They didn't say say money
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You see why I say you'reg arguing unnecessary. Where did I say you must tithe with money? Where is it mentioned in the Bible? Did these verse of the bible say so? Gen 14:20,Lev 27:30-32,numbers 18:20-32,Neh 10:37-38,mal 3:8-10, Luke 18:12,. All these verses support tithing. They didn't say say money

How have you been paying your tithes since you insist it must be done...

I just brought Luke 18:12 here for all to see;
Luke 18:12
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
12 I fast twice in the week: I give tithe of all that ever I possess.

Are you preaching that we should replace the instructions of God on tithing with the actions of a self-righteous zealot who wants to prove a point to Jesus?

Another hilarious angle to that verse is this...if the person has 10 wives...will he "tithe" one of them to the Priests as well? cheesy

Bros...all that conversation happened before Jesus fulfilled the Law...if you want to have a clearer picture on tithing...

Read up what the Apostles preached after Jesus had fulfilled the Law...you can read the book of Hebrew or James for further clarity...and don't quote verses before the Law was fulfilled...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
Goodness4525:
I don't have any hope 4 people like u ..may be only in the next world
That's because you haven't being to convinced us were in the bible was it expressly say don't pay tithe. Up till now non of your disciples have being able to point it.They keep beating around the bush all in the name of grace,new testament bla bla. Point the exact verse so that most of us will argue. Until till then good night
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

That's because you haven't being to convinced us were in the bible was it expressly say don't pay tithe. Up till now non of your disciples have being able to point it.They keep beating around the bush all in the name of grace,new testament bla bla. Point the exact verse so that most of us will argue. Until till then good night

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself
.…

'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
Goodness4525:
u ar too gullible,,, he only said that to avoid certain accusation from the high priest and hypocrites like u while systematically changing the law,....y ar not ur pastor practising all the laws of moses covenant.

I pray u receive some sense this year
How can a Christian that claims to know the bible insult his fellow brother? Is that what the biblea teaches?
All this grace preachers na wa oh? Are you so pained that you can't argue logically instead of insults.? Such a pity
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

In Matthew 23v23, was Jesus addressing the Pharisees (observers of the Law) or His followers (Christians)?

Are you aware that the Law was not yet fulfilled by Jesus in Matthew 23v23 and animal sacrifice were still ongoing in the temple by then?

Are you aware that Jesus had full respect for the Law such that when he healed the Lepers, he still instructed them to visit the Priests to be cleansed in line with the Mosaic Laws?

If Jesus heals you of an infirmity today...have you asked yourself why you no longer need to visit any Priest (not Physician ooo) to be cleansed in line with the Mosaic Laws?

If the Law is no longer binding on Christians...how be it that tithing is still binding on Christians? undecided
One very funny thing is that many religious fanatic ranting here does not even no the meaning of fulfill as used in that verse

prove me wrong by explaining how u understood it.....and that is the major course of their confusion on the meaning of the verse
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
.…

Ask one question no answer to give yet you quote another scripture that doesn't have any basis or link with tI the. Well done. Until you point the exact verse for us to see you just wasting your time arguing
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
Goodness4525:
One very funny thing is that many religious fanatic ranting here does not even no the meaning of fulfill as used in that verse

prove me wrong by explaining how u understood it.....and that is the major course of their confusion on the meaning of the verse

Jesus FULFILLED the obligations of the old covenant through His death on the cross, as such those under the new covenant are no longer under the OBLIGATORY BURDENS that comes with the old covenant...

Jesus has given a new covenant to His followers which is LOVE. Through sincere Love for God and man, you have pleased God.

even Matthew 25 v 31-46 and James 1 vs 27 attests to that...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Was Jesus addressing His followers or the Pharisees?

In that same verse, did Jesus support or condemn animal sacrifice which is also a part of the Law? If He didn't, why aren't you doing animal sacrifice?...abi is it not part of the Law that Pharisees (not Christians) are meant to keep?
See ....no matter how u talk ,,a ------------@40 is a ---------4ever

as 4 me I am tired of this tithe trend of a thing
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

How have you been paying your tithes since you insist it must be done...

I just brought Luke 18:12 here for all to see;
Luke 18:12
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
12 I fast twice in the week: I give tithe of all that ever I possess.

Are you preaching that we should replace the instructions of God on tithing with the actions of a self-righteous zealot who wants to prove a point to Jesus?

Another hilarious angle to that verse is this...if the person has 10 wives...will he "tithe" one of them to the Priests as well? cheesy

Bros...all that conversation happened before Jesus fulfilled the Law...if you want to have a clearer picture on tithing...

Read up what the Apostles preached after Jesus had fulfilled the Law...you can read the book of Hebrew or James for further clarity...and don't quote verses before the Law was fulfilled...
Yes I have being paying my tithe . All the verses I gave didn't refute my claims on tithing. No chapter or verse didn't support tithe as they all did.Non expressly say we shouldn't pay tithe. Not at all
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Ask one question no answer to give yet you quote another scripture that doesn't have any basis or link with tI the. Well done. Until you point the exact verse for us to see you just wasting your time arguing

Oya tell us how you have been paying tithes since you insist it is mandatory na...

Are you paying tithes the way God said it should be done?
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Yes I have being paying my tithe . All the verses I gave didn't refute my claims on tithing. No chapter or verse didn't support tithe as they all did.Non expressly say we shouldn't pay tithe. Not at all

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN TITHING? EVERYONE HERE WANTS TO LEARN HOW YOU HAVE BEEN OBEYING GOD'S INSTRUCTION ON THIS TITHING ISSUE NA...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Oya tell us how you have been paying tithes since you insist it is mandatory na...

Are you paying tithes the way God said it should be done?
I have given you bible verses and I have stated how I pay.why repeat question were there is non
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN TITHING? EVERYONE HERE WANTS TO LEARN HOW YOU HAVE BEEN OBEYING GOD'S INSTRUCTION ON THIS TITHING ISSUE NA...
They had already learn. The bible verses is enough explanation
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

They had already learn. The bible verses is enough explanation

Come out clearly and tell us how you have been tithing...

Not bible verses...tell us reality...what do you do?

1 Like

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
Goodness4525:
See ....no matter how u talk ,,a ------------@40 is a ---------4ever

as 4 me I am tired of this tithe trend of a thing

cheesy cheesy cheesy It's well...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Come out clearly and tell us how you have been tithing...

Not bible verses...tell us reality...what do you do?
I have already. It's stated in those bible verses. You go and study them.have a nice night. It's nice arguing with you.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

I have already. It's stated in those bible verses. You go and study them.have a nice night. It's nice arguing with you.

You haven't said anything on how you tithe...

I can sense you are dodging this question to support the false doctrine of obligatory monetary tithing which has no basis in the scriptures...

I'll give you evidence of how tithing was done by the Jews...then you tell me if that's what you or the church of today is doing...

1 Like

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Jacob gave his tithe.
I am surprise about people if ur type only vomiting what u swallow from ur pastors
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Jesus FULFILLED the obligations of the old covenant through His death on the cross, as such those under the new covenant are no longer under the OBLIGATORY BURDENS that comes with the old covenant...

Jesus has given a new covenant to His followers which is LOVE. Through sincere Love for God and man, you have pleased God.

even Matthew 25 v 31-46 and James 1 vs 27 attests to that...
I would have like to no u personally,, I don't no people of such medulla oblongata level exist in this platform ,,,,,,,believe me if everybody has understood that simple verb as used there ,Christianity would have been a meaningful organization in our society

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2018
Goodness4525:
I would have like to no u personally,, I don't no people of such medulla oblongata level exist in this platform ,,,,,,,believe me if everybody has understood that simple verb as used there ,Christianity would have been a meaningful organization in our society

Lol... I tire for these Bible holding Pharisees these days...

Jesus has made things much more straight forward, but certain people want to go back to Egypt instead of moving towards the promised land...

And yes of course, we can always see smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
In the Old Testament, their blessing were tied to their tithes!

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith,
saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

In the New Testament our blessings are all in Jesus Christ.
Notice it says ALL not some but ALL.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

In the Old Testament, God rebuked the devourer (Devil) when you tithed.

Malachi 3:11 (KJV)
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground;
neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

In the New Testament, Jesus Himself destroys the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The bible say's that the New Testament is better than the Old Testament.
Not only is the New Testament is better than the Old Testament,
Its also based on better promises

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant,
which was established upon better promises.

So please why do we want to hold on the Old Testament's tithing when the New Testament's grace is better

When the purpose of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable. Why do we give to God? To fulfill the commandment. Whatever you can't give to God is your God. Why did God ask Isaac of Abraham? To find out if He is still relevant to him after get what he needed.

Tithe came before the law and was received by christ himself as melkezedec of whom the bible say he is still receiving it in heaven as our high priest.

Your knowledge of the word is too shallow. To teach go and learn first before you mislead people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Interesting Bible Verses? / 56th Annual Rccg Convention. / Pastor Sets Himself Ablaze After Impregnanting A Choir Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.