Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,876 members, 7,810,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! (3537 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Tithing: Should I Disregard This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Chiedu4Trump: 5:22am On Jan 07, 2018
In the Old Testament, their blessing were tied to their tithes!

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith,
saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

In the New Testament our blessings are all in Jesus Christ.
Notice it says ALL not some but ALL.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

In the Old Testament, God rebuked the devourer (Devil) when you tithed.

Malachi 3:11 (KJV)
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground;
neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

In the New Testament, Jesus Himself destroys the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The bible say's that the New Testament is better than the Old Testament.
Not only is the New Testament is better than the Old Testament,
Its also based on better promises

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant,
which was established upon better promises.

So please why do we want to hold on the Old Testament's tithing when the New Testament's grace is better
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nukilia: 5:28am On Jan 07, 2018
Are you just plainly out of your mind? I feel so sorry for you
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by felixomor: 5:32am On Jan 07, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith,
saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing,

And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground;
neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant,

So please why do we want to hold on the Old Testament's tithing when the New Testament's grace is better

U dont seem to know the meaning of "testament" as used in. The bible vs "testament" (the divisions of the book as compiled).

May God illuminate you
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Chiedu4Trump: 5:38am On Jan 07, 2018
felixomor:

U dont seem to know the meaning of "testament" as used in. The bible vs "testament" (the divisions of the book as compiled).

May God illuminate you

testament oh , covenant oh they are the same.
God said He will make a New covenant with Israel

Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

This was quoted as being sealed in Jesus not our tithes.

Hebrews 12:24
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

So we are in the New covenant sealed by the blood of Jesus NOT our tithes.

PS
Jesus Is the Light of the world, so I no need any more illumination wink

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:

Nukilia:
Are you just plainly out of your mind? I feel so sorry for you

I simply quoted the bible, I am worried if u dont obey the bible.
You follow the doctrines of men and not of God.

Matthew 15:9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Better follow Jesus and not man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 5:47am On Jan 07, 2018
undecided even person wey struggle to put/drop 50/100 naira in a offering basket go open thread and post rubbish.Do dey force u people to pay tithe/or those who pay their tithe complain to u?Nonsense. Feel free to go open ur own church/go worship in freezer house.The same pipu that can't give alms/help the needy dey complain Tufia!
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by IamGoke(m): 6:09am On Jan 07, 2018
I'm very sure you will give out your January salary or earnings as first seed...
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by hisgrace090: 6:10am On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecided even person wey struggle to put/drop 50/100 naira in a offering basket go open thread and post rubbish.Do dey force u people to pay tithe/or those who pay their tithe complain to u?Nonsense. Feel free to go open ur own church/go worship in freezer house.The same pipu that can't give alms/help the needy dey complain Tufia!

The question is, is it the new testament church duty to pay tithe today?

Obidient is better than sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 6:17am On Jan 07, 2018
undecided sad angry
hisgrace090:

undecided
hisgrace090:

whether it is new testament or old testament, NOBODY FORCE ANYBODY TO PAY TITHE.Even the prince of peace says He didn't come to eradicate the old testament but to fulfill it Mat 5:17.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Chiedu4Trump: 6:22am On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecided sad angry undecidedwhether it is new testament or old testament, NOBODY FORCE ANYBODY TO PAY TITHE.Even the prince of peace says He didn't come to eradicate the old testament but to fulfill it Mat 5:17.
If nobody is forced then why do they scare people by saying, if u no give u r cursed

1 Like

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 6:30am On Jan 07, 2018
undecided angry sad angry sad
Chiedu4Trump:

If nobody is forced then why do they scare people by saying, if u no give u r cursed
undecided
Chiedu4Trump:

who dey scare people with curse?Is there no other church u can move to/worship?If they tell u dat God say u should give 40k and u knw dat u dont have that amount, will u pay/give it? God doesn't put his own under duress to do something for Him.U can tell the Pastor that you never hear from God
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 6:31am On Jan 07, 2018
undecided
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by felixomor: 6:55am On Jan 07, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

testament oh , covenant oh they are the same.
God said He will make a New covenant with Israel

Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

This was quoted as being sealed in Jesus not our tithes.

Hebrews 12:24
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

So we are in the New covenant sealed by the blood of Jesus NOT our tithes.

PS
Jesus Is the Light of the world, so I no need any more illumination wink

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:

I simply quoted the bible, I am worried if u dont obey the bible.
You follow the doctrines of men and not of God.

Matthew 15:9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Better follow Jesus and not man

Chai.
I always knew people who follow freeze dont read bible.

Even the word testament wasn in existence when the books of bible was were written.
And besides the books were written in different places by different authors...

And yet u claim that any word "testament" all mean rhe same thing.

Eiya undecided
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by hisgrace090: 7:18am On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecided sad angry undecidedwhether it is new testament or old testament, NOBODY FORCE ANYBODY TO PAY TITHE.Even the prince of peace says He didn't come to eradicate the old testament but to fulfill it Mat 5:17.

In a sane society, you don't just do things because you feel like.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 7:29am On Jan 07, 2018
I'm still looking for where God instructed that people should pay tithes in form of money in the old covenant.

Monetary tithing has no basis whatsoever in the scriptures. Someone should point out where God said tithes is 10% of generic income as opposed to crops and livestock...

I'm waiting...since some people insist on pouring old wine in new wineskin.

If Jesus has fulfilled the law, I wonder how the law is still obligatory on his followers

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by godisgood200: 7:35am On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
Ask him if the pays for yhe food he eats at home first.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by godisgood200: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecided angry sad angry sad undecidedwho dey scare people with curse?Is there no other church u can move to/worship?If they tell u dat God say u should give 40k and u knw dat u dont have that amount, will u pay/give it? God doesn't put his own under duress to do something for Him.U can tell the Pastor that you never hear from God
Lol. Boy finish secondary school first. Write JAMB, graduate get a job, earn a salary, pay your oen bills then decide whether or not to pay Tithe, then you can come let's have this conversation, but until then, shut the hect up.

If i take you up on this matter you'd run.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2018
godisgood200:

Lol. Boy finish secondary school first. Write JAMB, graduate get a job, earn a salary, pay your oen bills then decide whether or not to pay Tithe, then you can come let's have this conversation, but until then, shut the hect up.

If i take you up on this matter you'd run.
by the time i graduated. from uni,u are probably in Nursery 1..Sorry! u are still a kud
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Emmanystone: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

First, are you saved? because if you are not, your Tithe is filthy before God. Go and get saved first.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2018
hisgrace090:

In a sane society, you don't just do things because you feel like.
in sane society. people still give,donate to the poor.Even in US,there are churches dat give free food to the needy.Lil boy,travel and see thing.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2018
godisgood200:

Ask him if the pays for yhe food he eats at home first.
U are still a kid. I live in my personal. house here 9n lekki Do u knw how much it cost to buy land here talkless of settling. olumegbon/Ajah boys? i have 3 sound hummer bus for inter state shuttle. Do u knw how much one bus cost? I still collect salary cos i work.U are too small.I won't reveal the identity of Nairalanders i don dashed kudi.i dnt engage a kid
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by hisgrace090: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
in sane society. people still give,donate to the poor.Even in US,there are churches dat give free food to the needy.Lil boy,travel and see thing.

Big boy, your aguement is on giving, mine is on tithing, go and verify the difference and come back to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Goodness4525: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
u will never get simple sense

1 Like

Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by ipobarecriminals: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2018
Goodness4525:
u will never get simple sense
poor thing
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Chiedu4Trump: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
felixomor:

Chai.
I always knew people who follow freeze dont read bible.

Even the word testament wasn in existence when the books of bible was were written.
And besides the books were written in different places by different authors...

And yet u claim that any word "testament" all mean rhe same thing.

Eiya undecided

See how confused you are, Jesus spoke about the New testament.

Mat 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Paul said the old covenant is fading away, hence law of tithes too is fading away.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by felixomor: 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Paul said the old covenant is fading away, hence law of tithes too is fading away.

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Receive knowledge.
Testament written in that scripture i quoted is different from "testament" as written on back of KJV bible.

Receive knowledge
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

Because it wasn't disapproved by same Jesus you illustrated. Jesus never spoke against it
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:
I'm still looking for where God instructed that people should pay tithes in form of money in the old covenant.

Monetary tithing has no basis whatsoever in the scriptures. Someone should point out where God said tithes is 10% of generic income as opposed to crops and livestock...

I'm waiting...since some people insist on pouring old wine in new wineskin.

If Jesus has fulfilled the law, I wonder how the law is still obligatory on his followers
Jesus said in that same verse of Matthew 5:17 that he didn't abolish the law.
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
There are churches that help the poor too. You don't see them on media doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are many churches helping people but it is done quietly because of this verse in the Bible ( Matthew 6:3)
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

Stop misquoting Paul. Don't imply where there is nothing. If you are to draw your point on tithing, it must be expressly written stating that " don't or no need for tithing ".
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Of course not, He came to fulfill it.

He did not abolish the Law, yet you are not doing animal sacrifice which Jesus never opened His mouth to condemn or preach against.
If that's the case, why aren't you performing animal sacrifice?
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by OkCornel(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

From Genesis to Revelation, I did not see any verse where God stopped all these laws which also included tithing;

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself
.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

If you are not doing these, what could be your reasons sir?
Re: Tithing Should Be Redundant Now! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
OkCornel:

Of course not, He came to fulfill it.

He did not abolish the Law, yet you are not doing animal sacrifice which Jesus never opened His mouth to condemn or preach against.
If that's the case, why aren't you performing animal sacrifice?
Because he had paid the price for our sin on the but not tithing. He never spoke against it, in fact he approves tithing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Christians Do Not Understand What The Word "SOUL" Means??? / One Question For All Christians / End-time Bible Teaching: The Book With The 7 SEALS (PART 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.