Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (48030 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by arrestdarrester: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2018
That is beside the point. The point is should a Church have a bank account? If there is nothing wrong with a Church having a bank account, then there is nothing wrong with using POS for collection.

The manner of using the POS is what matters.

5 Likes

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by gratiaeo(m): 8:37am On Jan 07, 2018
I have not attended church for 2 years now so it doesn't concern me but on a more serious note I'm seen those going to church especially in Africa/Nigeria as an unbelievers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2018
This is not just wrong, "It Is Wronging..
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Dollarship(m): 8:40am On Jan 07, 2018
I seeeee

2 Likes

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 8:40am On Jan 07, 2018
Wrong
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Hungrychicken(m): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2018
What the difference nah?? Even Bible talk say "there is time for everything''. Time for Offering box and time for POS. Happy sunday
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 07, 2018
They have more POS in the church than the biggest shopping malls in Nigeria and someone will tell me the church is not a business center. Smh.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by pauljumbo: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2018
uzoclinton:
Our pastors don carry innovation enter church... that's nice..

Below are the Surest way to make money in Nigeria

1. Open a church - You don't even need to do much work... Every Sunday just ensure you heal someone of a particular fake disease and before u know it you will need a bigger auditorium to hold all your members....

2. Become a politician - A crooked one who is willing to do whatever it takes to please his Godfathers.

3. Yahoo plus - for obvious reasons

If the 3 is easy you will be doing one of them
Who no like money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nlearn: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2018
Here Is My Own Business, Innovative Is On The Run

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by thedondada(m): 8:46am On Jan 07, 2018
What I don't get is what is your business. Who wants to pay tithe let him pay. Who doesn't want to leave him alone.

Not anyone business.

1 Like

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 07, 2018
I complained of the same despite working in a switching company, at the end of the day it's all part of collections, they take money by hand, bank transfer so POS is just another channel, it's just how it looks but if they collect cash by hand, then this makes no difference too.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by fimi: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2018
crooks in suits
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2018
pauljumbo:

If the 3 is easy you will be doing one of them
Who no like money
And how would you know that I'm not into at least one of the above?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by SenatorAiyzik: 8:52am On Jan 07, 2018
BuhariNaWah:
They are only trying to make things convenient for their members, considering the down time of most ATMs and the stress of getting cash (queues) before service.

CBN will laud and encourage it.... It's called cashlite/cashless

But Buhari na wah sha!

OR trying to make it look like you have no excuse whatsoever for not paying offering and tithe. angry That my friend I think is becoming an extremist and compelling people to give against their will by luring them systematically into giving. That in a a police net is called O.B.T (Obtaining by trick) if it is the will of God that a man should give,he will give and be the desperate one to give regardless of having cash or not. But when the church has to line up POS handles that I see as being desperate and being so "Financially Inclined" and nothing more. At least them for hide am now let it be by request. This is being desperate and irritating. Money talking church. This church clearly is spiritually and morally bankrupt! angry
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by SenatorAiyzik: 8:56am On Jan 07, 2018
gratiaeo:
I have not attended church for 2 years now so it doesn't concern me but on a more serious note I'm seen those going to church especially in Africa/Nigeria as an unbelievers

3 bottles of Odeku and a plate of fresh fish peppersoup for you
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by xxgig(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2018
Absolutely right
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:59am On Jan 07, 2018
clefstone:
don't think collecting money thru POS is wrong, it's only technology

You need to study your Bible and acquaint yourself with Jesus' actions when he saw the priests doing commerce in the church.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2018
This rubbish must stop in 2019
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by ernieboy(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2018
I still don't understand why non Christians are bothering themselves over money that believers worked with their own time and energy and choose to spend however they see fit. this is a pure case if drinking panadol for another man's headache

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Ifunanya327(f): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2018
Is that even a question undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by vioment: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2018
Actually this is 50/50 in regards to stealing, but the question is stealing from who, stealing from the pastor. This will not only sharpen the communicative skill of a current day pastor but also their mathematical skills. Now pastors can call themselves a pastor, a mentor/counselor (which is what i see them as), an accountant, and a business owner. No more accountant general when there is a pastor.

Job opportunities i see here, the pastor works with bankers to legitimately or some how have a way of selling gift type cards for offering and tithes, the banker gets customers, the pastor gets customers, the church avoids risk of getting robbed at gunpoint or through ushers.

Hackers and programmers also have a say in this new opportunity.

Security guards will always have a job here or ushers in this case because anyone with finese ways can switch the machine to their own for periods of time or at intervals, ushers or fake ushers can switch to their own machines during offering and tithe periods. I know the pastors will be watching this closely.

Anyway, God is great.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by bizhop01: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2018
Civilization
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Ceazario: 9:24am On Jan 07, 2018
Modern civilization my ass!
blogbuilder:
Good morning nairalanders and happy first sunday to you.
Some few days ago, I stumbled upon this picture online.
It is a church using Point of sale POS for collection of their offering and tithes.
My question is that, is it right or wrong or modern civilisation?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by skedman(m): 9:27am On Jan 07, 2018
Hello

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by orumba(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2018
not bad for those that can't even eat ordinary ' groundnut' without calling their pastor to pray for the first
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 07, 2018
Pentecostal business church nigeria LTD grin now that churches has become business centres it's time they began paying taxes.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Teymanhenry(f): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2018
when I see what some people r doing... it gives me confidence that i must make heaven

1 Like

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by gozzlin: 9:32am On Jan 07, 2018
Whether you collect it in cash or via pos, it's the same collection abeg.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Gkemz: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2018
New invention from pentecostal pastors. No wonder Daddy feeeze called them yahoo yahoo pastors. They should start remitting part of their returns as taxes to the government because it's no longer the gathering of bredrens but business gathering.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Martin0(m): 9:44am On Jan 07, 2018
gypsey:
Pentecostal business church nigeria LTD grin now that churches has become business centres it's time they began paying taxes.

Exactly oogrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Jehovah Witness, Did Jesus Create Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.