Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (48028 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Dindondin(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
sinaj:
This is extreme nau

Na wa o!
How do I pay a N2m tithe when I can't go to the bank, do mobile transfer but saw an opportunity to quickly pay with my ATM in the Church's POS?
There is nothing extreme or wrong with it. It's just church going cashlite
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Dindondin(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
Millz404:
They are making the most of technology.

Freeze is an anti Christ. There's no other word to describe him. He confuses the Christians with little knowledge of Bible & reasoning. His statements here is an error sermon. You can't advocate for cheating from men by saying Abraham, Jacob & Co had side chicks. Even though the Bible doesn't emphasise on the no of women to marry, it teaches moderation in every thing. You know it won't b easy to get a woman rivals, especially illegal rivals like concubines. The practice in the Jewish times of Bible happen with the circumstances of that time & they have the implications/repercussions. Abraham's having sex with Hagar created a rivalry btw the descendants of the children of Hagar & the children of Sarah (Christians & Muslims).
So... What kind of msg us DaddyFreeze preaching?
A msg of confusion. That now, men should start taking side chicks. Making our women to start falling into sin cos they are trying to fend of rivals. As if the problems created by those that deliberately v side chicks is not enough!
The earlier the better those DaddyFreeze preaches to realise that he's a foo l who just take Bible verses without thorough scanning but cook up a bad sermon from it.
About tithing, has Freeze not contradicted himself enough? How can he quote about legality of Abraham's side chicks when Abraham payed tithe. Didn't Abraham pay Melchizedek, a priest tithe? Shebi DaddyFreeze said tithing is an old testament thing. So it is for this blasphemous side chick message. It was taken from old testament too. The Apostles & Jesus didn't preach it.
See, tithing isn't compulsory, it's a thing to give with free mind. DaddyFreeze should correct people that said it's compulsory. Instead of him telling Pastors to point out Biblical verses that validates tithing. There's none that said it's compulsory but there are verses that said it was payed. Final verdict on tithing, it should be payed as the spirit leads. Christianity is practised with Biblical facts & common sense. It's not only things in the Bible Christians should practice. They are to follow good things from their culture, learnings etc.
On DaddyFreeze, he's a man who's controlled by his lust. He doesn't talk about other angles of Christianity like holiness, salvation, evangelism etc. Whatever his callous mind thinks it's not proper, he polishes & sell it to the gullible & lackadaisical Christians. People whose salvation aren't complete but are
swayed by deceptive words. Especially those that are Nigerians who finds the country's economy on the harsh side.
Take your time to ponder on my post & see the truth. DaddyFreeze is not handling the affairs of God properly. I pray to God to guide him right.
To exploit the gullible
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
blogbuilder:
Good morning nairalanders and happy first sunday to you.
Some few days ago, I stumbled upon this picture online.
It is a church using Point of sale POS for collection of their offering and tithes.
My question is that, is it right or wrong or modern civilisation?
It is the motive behind it that make it right or wrong. Is wrong to use soft copy bible instead of hard copy?. Your answer determine if it's right or wrong to your question
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
turhibdwhale:
We should all remember what Jesus did when he met people carrying out transactions in the temple
But these people will preach otherwise
Do you use soft copy bible at all?
Does your church has screen to view messages if any?
Do you use sound system instead of hand clapping?
Why judge based on your perceived believe?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
spongebob0006:
in my opinion, I dnt think its wrong cos some people go cashless really. I know a man who never has any currency on him anywhere u find him instead, he takes his ATM cards along everywhere just because he feels its gonna help u save more.
It is safer to use it than carry cash.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
Harrynight:
100% wrong... it is called Voluntary contribution
100% right because most persons don't carry cash if they want to give
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
tiredoflife:
Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with a lot of you
The church use telecommunications to get to you
The church uses microphone to make the message loud enough
The church uses projector to project the Bible verses

Now the church is using pos na issue
Many of u who complain only give 20naira and won't let us hear word
So u expect people who want to give big and maybe keep records of their giving not to use pos

Being stupid is really a Nigerian
I just taya for dem. Probably we should go back to old time of doing things at least no internet to discuss.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by FroshPapie(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
bedspread:
Old pics......
To your Question, with the inventions in The financial sector by the CBN it's no problem.
Bedspread indeed
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
uzoclinton:
Just say you don't believe in it... not that it doesn't exist

There's nothing like that, Trust me. If u know anything about spirituality, U would know that it's just a myth/Urban legend.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Dindondin:
How do I pay a N2m tithe when I can't go to the bank, do mobile transfer but saw an opportunity to quickly pay with my ATM in the Church's POS?
There is nothing extreme or wrong with it. It's just church going cashlite

Did jesus have a bank account?

Did Jesus ever own a bank account?
Did he use POS?
Did jesus ever collect money from anyone?
Did Jesus collect covenant seed sowing from anyone?
Did jesus collect dangerous seed from someone?
Did Jesus collect harvest n bazaar money?
Did Jesus accept tithe from anyone.
Did Jesus collect Alter vs alter?
Did jesus collect money from anyone to build 50k capacity auditorium?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by tolumyti: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
wonderful life ending
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by turhibdwhale(m): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Do you use soft copy bible at all?
Does your church has screen to view messages if any?
Do you use sound system instead of hand clapping?
Why judge based on your perceived believe?
Am not judging anyone, I don't think you get my message right
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Dindondin(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Did jesus have a bank account?

Did Jesus ever own a bank account?
Did he use POS?
Did jesus ever collect money from anyone?
Did Jesus collect covenant seed sowing from anyone?
Did jesus collect dangerous seed from someone?
Did Jesus collect harvest n bazaar money?
Did Jesus accept tithe from anyone.
Did Jesus collect Alter vs alter?

Did jesus collect money from anyone to build 50k capacity auditorium?
you talk with severe ignorance. Jesus didn't do it doesn't mean it won't be done now. Jesus didn't v any of those you mentioned cos he didn't exist in our generation. There was a need for all you listed by a church. That's why they are collected. And no sane church collects dangerous offerings. In fact, define a dangerous offering.
Don't ever ridicule Christianity without facts!
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 08, 2018
Dindondin:
you talk with severe ignorance. Jesus didn't do it doesn't mean it won't be done now. Jesus didn't v any of those you mentioned cos he didn't exist in our generation. There was a need for all you listed by a church. That's why they are collected. And no sane church collects dangerous offerings. In fact, define a dangerous offering.
Don't ever ridicule Christianity without facts!

grin.

Pls answer my questions n stop derailing.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Dindondin(m): 1:14am On Jan 08, 2018
PrecisionFx:

grin.

Pls answer my questions n stop derailing.
I v answered your questions. Jesus never did all you mentioned & I gave you the reasons.
Now, define dangerous offering & tell me a true Church that takes it. If you can't, your education is a waste!
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Ademolu2002(m): 6:31am On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=blogbuilder post=63965887]Good morning nairalanders and happy first sunday to you.
Some few days ago, I stumbled upon this picture online.
It is a church using Point of sale POS for collection of their offering and tithes.
My question is that, is it right or wrong or modern civilisation? [/quote
There's nothing wrong in that, giving is the same, the medium of giving (POS, Cash,Cheque) or any other mean is inconsequential.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Frankaka8(m): 7:26am On Jan 08, 2018
blackbeau1:
I agree with you but the thing is you aren't under any obligations to give money if you don't want to because in the first place if you can't give cheerfully, the bible says don't even give. If you go to a church and they start telling you its by force to give. Port to where you are comfortable with their rate of taking money.
i suscribe to your view. Thanks
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 08, 2018
Dindondin:
I v answered your questions. Jesus never did all you mentioned & I gave you the reasons.
Now, define dangerous offering & tell me a true Church that takes it. If you can't, your education is a waste!

grin grin grin.
Religious people are the true explanation of wasted skol fees.

I'm still waiting for ur answers
cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / Jehovah Witness, Did Jesus Create Jesus? / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy Loved Up Like Never Before In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.