Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (48402 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by stblessing(f): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2018
Hey! (Claps hands three times) wonders shall never end! So the church has now become
a business centre abi?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nigerianboi1960(m): 9:48am On Jan 07, 2018
It is not wrong neither is it right..... It's just one of those neutral situations.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by bejeria101(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2018
It was your cbn man sanusi that did the law it was targeted at christians.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Harrynight(m): 9:51am On Jan 07, 2018
100% wrong... it is called Voluntary contribution
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by adekhingz(m): 9:55am On Jan 07, 2018
That's Christianity, anything they do is right, provided it looks right to them.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by kazzy4u(m): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2018
Daddy freeze is rty abt so called pastors. even sum of deir members will soon support Dem with dey act of doin dis. heaven wait on u all.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Alamus(m): 9:57am On Jan 07, 2018
How is market...lol
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by tiredoflife(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2018
Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with a lot of you
The church use telecommunications to get to you
The church uses microphone to make the message loud enough
The church uses projector to project the Bible verses

Now the church is using pos na issue
Many of u who complain only give 20naira and won't let us hear word
So u expect people who want to give big and maybe keep records of their giving not to use pos

Being stupid is really a Nigerian

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by helpishere(m): 10:04am On Jan 07, 2018
BuhariNaWah:
They are only trying to make things convenient for their members, considering the down time of most ATMs and the stress of getting cash (queues) before service.

CBN will laud and encourage it.... It's called cashlite/cashless

But Buhari na wah sha!
Is was once told by a Pastor in Christ Embassy that those counting money in churches steal over 30% of the money. The sacrilege in the church is abominable.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Tisham20(m): 10:07am On Jan 07, 2018
grin

Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by victorD3: 10:10am On Jan 07, 2018
clefstone:
don't think collecting money thru POS is wrong, it's only technology

Since we are too crazy about technology why dont the churches dump the ancient jewish practice of tithing and embrace charity.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by jeff1607(m): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2018
I guess it's to make it easier to collect donations and the sorts without stress for both receiver and contributor, one isn't forced to part with his/her money.

My issue is this, charges are made on the issuance of such and it isn't termed a business venture, once collected the receiver can do as he/she pleases with the funds yet taxes aren't paid
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Lomprico2: 10:16am On Jan 07, 2018
clefstone:
don't think collecting money thru POS is wrong, it's only technology

But u lots will condemn using bible app on phone and tablets in church.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by legislatively: 10:20am On Jan 07, 2018
They like to exploit science and technology in scamming members but they will discard the science and technology of evolution and carbon dating.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2018
I don't think it is wrong, the world is evolving so is the church as long as the word of God remains the same.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 07, 2018
I dont see anything wrong with it tbh. This is 2018, most people don't carry cash around cos they have debit/credit cards. I would use my debit card to pay for a pack of biscuits at a supermarket so it makes no difference paying my VOLUNTARY tithes and offerings using my card. We're fast becoming a cashless society, but people who hate the church and ministers will grab at anything to criticise to criticise away
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 07, 2018
Teymanhenry:
when I see what some people r doing...
it gives me confidence that i must make heaven
Dude salvation is personal. Don't judge your chances of making heaven by looking to other people cos you might easily go with them wherever they go. Use the word of God as a mirror for yourself, are you living righteously?doing God's will? etc. dont make that mistake bro
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by kowope99: 10:42am On Jan 07, 2018
WRONG
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by Smutt360raven: 10:46am On Jan 07, 2018
The Shepard misleading the sheeples �

Freeze is on point tho.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by legislatively: 10:52am On Jan 07, 2018
udemzyudex:
I don't think it is wrong, the world is evolving so is the church as long as the word of God remains the same.
the world is evolving
Thought you said evolution doesn't exist? grin
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2018
legislatively:
the world is evolving Thought you said evolution doesn't exist? grin
When did I say that? Pls don't quote me wrong. Haba
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by eph12(m): 10:55am On Jan 07, 2018
Harrynight:
100% wrong... it is called Voluntary contribution
And POS makes it involuntary?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by legislatively: 10:56am On Jan 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

When did I say that? Pls don't quote me wrong.
Haba
are you saying you believe in evolution even as a Christian?

Are you saying God didn't create Adam and even in a day?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by DONFASZY(m): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2018
So so wrong
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 11:02am On Jan 07, 2018
legislatively:
are you saying you believe in evolution even as a Christian?

Are you saying God didn't create Adam and even in a day?

If you have nothing reasonable to post pls stop quoting me, we are talking about technology here and you're talking about Adam and eve? Where did you see Adam and eve in the topic.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by somT3E(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2018
The picture kinda look extreme but being pragmatic about it, it's actually not a bad thing.

Why carry a big bag with all the security risk involved to go deposit in a bank when you could just use a POS. If it's convenient for all parties involved then why not. It's not like God will use the note for anything.
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by eph12(m): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

But u lots will condemn using bible app on phone and tablets in church.
It's same people that condemned Bible apps that are condemning this, don't get it twisted
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by legislatively: 11:07am On Jan 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

If you have nothing reasonable to post pls stop quoting me, we are talking about technology here and you're talking about Adam and eve? Where did you see Adam and eve in the topic.
technology is part of world evolution as a whole.
The use of tool, stone and iceages are all part of evolution in accordance to separate human forms.

If you believe a scientific POS machine can work for you (this is not in the Bible), so why can't you believe a research done with carbon dating on evolution by same scientific method?

You choose to believe what pleases you abi?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by eph12(m): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2018
victorD3:

Since we are too crazy about technology why dont the churches dump the ancient jewish practice of tithing and embrace charity.
I thought charity is ancient too or it's also one of the advancement in technology?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by legislatively: 11:09am On Jan 07, 2018
eph12:

I thought charity is ancient too or it's also one of the advancement in technology?
is POS in the Bible?

So why can't you just obey the Bible and pay tithe to a "levite"

Is that too difficult to obey?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by eph12(m): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2018
legislatively:
technology is part of world evolution as a whole.
The use of tool, stone and iceages are all part of evolution in accordance to separate human forms.

If you believe a scientific POS machine can work for you (this is not in the Bible), so why can't you believe a research done with carbon dating on evolution by same scientific method?

You choose to believe what pleases you abi?
I don't understand, has science created man already?
Re: Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) by eph12(m): 11:13am On Jan 07, 2018
legislatively:
is POS in the Bible?

So why can't you just obey the Bible and pay tithe to a "levite"

Is that too difficult to obey?
Is cars or aeroplane in the Bible? Do we have modernized houses in the Bible?

Ask me more foolish questions please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / Father Mbaka's Removal Adoration Ministry: Worshippers Attack New Priest / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.