Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,292 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) (55034 Views)

Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019 Results By The Cable / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by nku5: 9:48am On Jan 08, 2018
greiboy:

oh I can't prove igbos were happy to see the happenings of 1993, but you can make false claims on how yoruba military leaders betrayed mko.

You are joker grin

back to the discussion

No

Your brothers alone are one's trying hard to label Yorubas as cowards and backstabbers . This thread has proven that your people(igbos) were also guilty of the same thing in the past, nothing more. Hence, your reactions

I think the 2 million match in support of the abacha regime is a fair way of measuring the public opinion of the igbo public during the abacha regime

Yes, thank you for helping me to prove my point. Abacha arrested top Yoruba generals and accused them of plotting to detrone him and he sentenced then to death, which they were only lucky to escape

How is that not victimization.? which igbo leader faced the same fate

if I can recall, you accuse this Gmb regime of malice against the igbos because efcc arrested chief innocent chukwuka for alleged financial crimes and called for the boycott of gtbank.

Like I said before, the only people who stood with igbos during the military invasion last year were Yorubas. Even your south south brothers turned a blind eye.

Now, you read my post carefully and digest its contents.

Hypocrisy is a terrible disease

1. Now it's too clear you are clutching at straws. It is TOO easy to Google and learn the role that Yoruba leaders played while Abiola was in detention. If you don't know how to Google you can ask me and I will help you with the links. If you don't know that Diya and other generals of yoruba extraction serves under Abacha happily and couldn't find their voice then you are either a little kid or just ignorant. Allison Madueke, an Igbo man was the only one who spoke.

2.If you have any problem with the Igbos on NL who call you guys betrayers please go look for them and quarrel with them till you feel better...

3. You would be a terrible liar to try and claim that that the 2 million man march was made up of Igbos grin grin grin this is too silly to even discuss..unless you want to say that yorubas didn't want MKO to be president because Abimbola Davies led ABN to challenge the election in court

4. Generals Diya and co betrayed their brother and Abacha later turned on them. Nobody likes a sellout, even those you sell out to...You tried to link their woes to Abiola's mandate and I have buried that attempt at revisionism grin try harder

5. Your last point about innoson is worthless because there is no context to connect to June 12 unless you are just looking for straws to grasp at.

Bye!

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by nku5: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2018
Now we know better...

http://www..com/talk/topic,58118.0.html

"We were meeting almost clandestinely at Gen. Adebayo’s place. But something happened along the line that we had to move the meeting from Gen. Adebayo’s house and that is another story entirely. We shifted base a few times and ended up at Ndubuisi’s (Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu rtd) house in Victoria Island. Ndubuisi has my tremendous respect because despite the persecution he went through, he didn’t give up. We never felt at any time that we were not welcome whenever we got there to hold our meetings, clandestine as they were. He would prepare food and everybody would feel happy, forgetful of the fact that we were being hounded." - Dr Fredrick Fasehun (OPC founder and NADECO member)

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by SHAKABOOM: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2018
ipodstinks:
See this one, tribe of crying babies, backstabbing, victim criers, pigs of the continent.
Your allies up north knows yu guys are backstabbing betrayals.

Igbos knows yu guys are betrayals.

South south knows yu guys are backstabbing betrayals.
Evryone knows yu guys are a Scavenging,Backstabbing,Coward betrayal tribe of JUDAS.
The vultures of AFRIKA..10 out of 10 Afonjas in a gathering have betrayed a loyal frend before tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by LZAA: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2018
Alexis11:

Lol.... It's you people that thought Hausa is their problem. In the real sense, it is Yoruba that the Igbos really hate. They wish they can dominate other southern tribes like Hausa in the North. But Yorubas proof too smart for them hence their frustration. grin

cheesy
igbos run ur economy no scratch that igbos run d former federal capital's economy
u know d pride of d afonjas where every afonja claims to come from
dy have already dominated u lot
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by tunde37(m): 10:01am On Jan 08, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
For crying out loud, Nigeria is divided into two: Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria. An average Northerner does not know this is NW or NC or NE. What he knows is North. North is North as long as you speak Hausa. President can come from any region and they will happily vote him.
If you come down to the south, we keep dividing ourselves, your SW, am SE or He's SS. For God's sake South is South.
We're more Educated, civilized, richer and have more technical nohow than this people putting us in loggerheads.
We're still leading them, since the return of democracy in 1999 South has been President for 14 years, if Buhari finishes First tenure North will have 6years, even if Buhari is elected again that will give North 10 years. We have 4 years ahead of them.

Please let's put our house in other, South is South.
I swear to God. you get sense pass average nairalander here. I support you die.

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 08, 2018
ipodstinks:
Are you taking those backstabbers, ingrate, crying babies pigs of the continent serious. I don't take those scavengers serious and don't trust them. They laugh with you in one minute and plan how to feast on your flesh the next minute. I don't know how human meat sweet for their mouth. Spit.
in Nigeria

There are three major players since independence

*The yorubas and igbos fighting for relevance
*The hausas fighting for dominance
* other minority tribe fighting for the little they can get

It is sad but that is the conceptual framework of politics in Nigeria

Everyone knowns this, but it always amazes me how igbos manage to play the victim card in all of this.

I am done arguing with the dude. He has no point. I have work to do

3 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Tflex01: 10:06am On Jan 08, 2018
SHAKABOOM:

If them call this one Afonja now im go cry go report to mods..
Which war have your coward wimp region fought since independence that gave you the ordercity to call your igbo role models coward?

In nigeria you guys are everybodies hot DODO..
Even the Ijaws bullied you guys of recent ad all your coward opc could do was to ask for permission to turn to rat ad cockroach to protect odua land..At times I don't blame you guys for bin backstabbers ad cowards becos it is in your nature.

Being an Afonja is what many of us are proud of.... Some even answer it as surnames

It is a better name than Pigs and idiots I guess cool

4 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Tunbolity(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2018
Iblad0994:

They are really shameless to be honest.
Tofa won in Enugu,Abia and Imo lol.
I just smile when some Ibo spineless oafs throw tantrums at Yoruba people calling us Hausa slaves. Such e-rats are either lacking the sense of history or they suffer selective amnesia because from time immemorial, Hausas and Igbos have enjoyed good political camaraderie and rapproachment, Tafawa Balewa did not think of anyone else when he wanted to form his government, he picked Azikiwe, Shagari shopped for his V.P in Ibo land. The Ibos voted Tofa, a Northerner and as well, Babangida's candidate against Abiola in 1993, Even when Abiola's ambition was to be scuttled, Arthur Nzeribe, an Ibo man came handy. Now that the going is no longer good between them and Hausas, they tag anyone that associates with their perceived enemy a slave. Yorubas will never succumb to their blackmail and name callings!

7 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Azam101: 10:12am On Jan 08, 2018
The best free and fair election that was ever held in Nigeria and was annulled by that Bastard man called babangida may his generation never have peace.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by SHAKABOOM: 10:15am On Jan 08, 2018
Tflex01:

Being an Afonja is what many of us are proud of.... Some even answer it as surnames

It is a better name than Pigs and idiots I guess cool
Lol..Ohk if yu say so Mr backstabbing AFONJA vulture cool

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 08, 2018
nku5:

1. Now it's too clear you are clutching at straws. It is TOO easy to Google and learn the role that Yoruba leaders played while Abiola was in detention. If you don't know how to Google you can ask me and I will help you with the links. If you don't know that Diya and other generals of yoruba extraction serves under Abacha happily and couldn't find their voice then you are either a little kid or just ignorant. Allison Madueke, an Igbo man was the only one who spoke.

2.If you have any problem with the Igbos on NL who call you guys betrayers please go look for them and quarrel with them till you feel better...

3. You would be a terrible liar to try and claim that that the 2 million man march was made up of Igbos grin grin grin this is too silly to even discuss..unless you want to say that yorubas didn't want MKO to be president because Abimbola Davies led ABN to challenge the election in court

4. Generals Diya and co betrayed their brother and Abacha later turned on them. Nobody likes a sellout, even those you sell out to...You tried to link their woes to Abiola's mandate and I have buried that attempt at revisionism grin try harder

5. Your last point about innoson is worthless because there is no context to connect to June 12 unless you are just looking for straws to grasp at.

Bye!
Read my previous post again and try to digest before typing this long epistle.

You will see answers to all the questions you raised

I don't understand how the betrayal of mko will have landed the generals in prison. It makes no sense

For the record, the inosson case was an analogy. I want to draw comparisons between the pain your tribe must have felt when that happened and the arrest of top yoruba generals during Abacha regime.

I shouldn't be responding to a post filled with ignorance like yours, but I just felt it is necessary to correct that last part.

once again, who was the Nigerian politician brave enough to attend kanu court proceedings? Yes a yoruba man. Does it stop most of you from labeling yoruba cowards.

Who was the regional leader that protected his visitor with his darling life in a bloody coup? Yoruba man

My Advice ;

Do some research about your tribe's political scheming in the past, once in a while. So that you wouldn't be caught off guard like this again cheesy

bye

4 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by nku5: 10:18am On Jan 08, 2018
Tunbolity:
I just smile when some Ibo spineless oafs throw tantrums at Yoruba people calling us Hausa slaves. Such e-rats are either lacking the sense of history or they suffer selective amnesia because from time immemorial, Hausas and Igbos have enjoyed good political camaraderie and rapproachment, Tafawa Balewa did not think of anyone else when he wanted to form his government, he picked Azikiwe, Shagari shopped for his V.P in Ibo land. The Ibos voted Tofa, a Northerner and as well, Babangida's candidate against Abiola in 1993, Even when Abiola's ambition was to be scuttled, Arthur Nzeribe, an Ibo man came handy. Now that the going is no longer good between them and Hausas, they tag anyone that associates with their perceived enemy a slave. Yorubas will never succumb to their blackmail and name callings!

Abimbola Davies was the leader of Association for Better Nigeria that scuttled June 12. Nzeribe was just a member grin try harder

Igbos and Hausas have enjoyed political camaraderie. Yoruba have related with Hausas from a position of servitude grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ipodstinks: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2018
SHAKABOOM:

Evryone knows yu guys are a Scavenging,Backstabbing,Coward betrayal tribe of JUDAS. grin
The vultures of AFRIKA..10 out of 10 Afonjas in a gathering have betrayed a loyal frend before tongue
Mr piggy, go and sleep. Even the world at large know you as pig, thanks to nnamdi cownu... Who will dine with people that feast on human flesh. You want to prove me wrong, type human eating demons in Nigeria on Google. Ingrate, cry babies, scavengers, pigs of tge continent. You think you can eat my flesh ba, you are joking. Useless human eating race. Draculas. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by SHAKABOOM: 10:25am On Jan 08, 2018
ipodstinks:
Mr piggy, go and sleep. Even the world at large know you as pig, thanks to nnamdi cownu... Who will dine with people that feast on human flesh. You want to prove me wrong, type human eating demons in Nigeria on Google. Ingrate, cry babies, scavengers, pigs of tge continent. You think you can eat my flesh ba, you are joking. Useless human eating race. Draculas.
Mtcheeeeew! Childishly lame.. undecided

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Segol: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2018
THE VERY PEOPLE THAT SUGGESTED THAT THE WINNER OF THE ELECTION OF JUNE 12, 1993 IS NOT THE MESSIAH NIGERIANS NEED AND THE VERY ONES THAT RUN THE COUNTRY AGROUND. UNIF0RM + ILLITERACY + STUBBORNESS OF THE FOOLISH FEW LIKE OBASANJO, DAVID MARK, IBB AND OTHERS TAKE US TO WHERE WE ARE TODAY.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Segol: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2018
THE VERY PEOPLE THAT SUGGESTED THAT THE WINNER OF THE ELECTION OF JUNE 12, 1993 IS NOT THE MESSIAH NIGERIANS NEED ARE THE VERY ONES AND THE DISGRUNTLED FEW THAT RUN THE COUNTRY AGROUND. UNIF0RM + ILLITERACY + STUBBORNESS OF THE FOOLISH FEW LIKE OBASANJO, DAVID MARK, IBB AND OTHERS TAKE US TO WHERE WE ARE TODAY.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ipodstinks: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2018
SHAKABOOM:

Mtcheeeeew! Childishly lame.. undecided
Can we take a fly grin

2 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by salesforce: 10:34am On Jan 08, 2018
Let's keep the past behind us
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Tflex01: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2018
SHAKABOOM:

Evryone knows yu guys are a Scavenging,Backstabbing,Coward betrayal tribe of JUDAS.

It is only on Nairaland that the Yoruba see that name though.

The learned people know better. cool
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Tunbolity(m): 10:43am On Jan 08, 2018
nku5:

Abimbola Davies was the leader of Association for Better Nigeria that scuttled June 12. Nzeribe was just a member grin try harder

Igbos and Hausas have enjoyed political camaraderie. Yoruba have related with Hausas from a position of servitude grin grin
Same servitude that saw Ojukwu prostrating for Shagari to allow his return back to Naija, and which eventually turned your one time lion of the East to a mere asslicker to people in power (AGIP=any govt in power) such that he even had rush to meet Buhari in 80s to support his govt, What was Ambibola Davies' role compared to Nzeribe on June 12 annulment? Don't misinter

3 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Tflex01: 10:49am On Jan 08, 2018
greiboy:
Read my previous post again and try to digest before typing this long epistle.

You will see answers to all the questions you raised

I don't understand how the betrayal of mko will have landed the generals in prison. It makes no sense

For the record, the inosson case was an analogy. I want to draw comparisons between the pain your tribe must have felt when that happened and the arrest of top yoruba generals during Abacha regime.

I shouldn't be responding to a post filled with ignorance like yours, but I just felt it is necessary to correct that last part.

once again, who was the Nigerian politician brave enough to attend kanu court proceedings? Yes a yoruba man. Does it stop most of you from labeling yoruba cowards.

Who was the regional leader that protected his visitor with his darling life in a bloody coup? Yoruba man

My Advice ;

Do some research about your tribe's political scheming in the past, once a while. So that you wouldn't be caught off guard like this again cheesy

bye

Stop wasting your time to school an Igbo man on things like this. Every igbo man have one funny mentality, you have no right to pay back any injustice they do to you. It is called victim mentality.

Very backward way of reasoning.

My own problem with them is the way they sold the south to the North in the 50s just in an attempt to dominate the South politically.

2 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by SHAKABOOM: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2018
ipodstinks:
Can we take a fly grin
Nah VULTURE. grin
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by abimbolayekeen: 10:59am On Jan 08, 2018
South , we are leader of Nigeria . So , don't play politics with it .
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:12am On Jan 08, 2018
Firstorderwizard:

In Nigeria, open ballot system, also known as Option A4, is a voting method in which voters vote openly by queuing or otherwise, indicating the candidate of their choice. This is as opposed to a secret ballot, where a voter's choices are confidential

Oh
So na open ballot system o cheesy
Thanks, sir.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 08, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
For crying out loud, Nigeria is divided into two: Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria. An average Northerner does not know this is NW or NC or NE. What he knows is North. North is North as long as you speak Hausa. President can come from any region and they will happily vote him.
If you come down to the south, we keep dividing ourselves, your SW, am SE or He's SS. For God's sake South is South.
We're more Educated, civilized, richer and have more technical nohow than this people putting us in loggerheads.
We're still leading them, since the return of democracy in 1999 South has been President for 14 years, if Buhari finishes First tenure North will have 6years, even if Buhari is elected again that will give North 10 years. We have 4 years ahead of them.

Please let's put our house in other, South is South.
tell them, south is south, north is north,
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by totit: 11:28am On Jan 08, 2018
Take a look at one of them shot himself on the foot,boasting.

Here is another revelation confirming the OP analysis

Shm :

South...eastFacts:
I am still enjoying my Christmas, I don't have time for long article.

I stumbled upon the quoted this morning, so this short piece is an unedited response to that. When time permits, I shall run a full analysis.

The problem with some Yorubas is nothing but Shallowness. To them Nigeria started in 1999, fourth republic. But if you ask them where SW was before the fourth republic most of them will open their mouth staring at you.

Pre Republican era
First and only Governor General (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First Speaker (Jaja Nwachukwu, Present day, Abia)
First President of the Senate (Nnamdi Azikiwe)

First Republic
First President (Nnamdi Azikiwe)
First President of the Senate (Nwafor Orizu)
First Acting President (Nwafor Orizu)
First Foreign Minister (Jaja Nwachukwu)
First GOC, NA (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Military Era
First Military Head of State (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Second Republic
First Vice President (Alex Ekwueme)
First Speaker (Ume Ezeoke)

Third Republic
We already know what happened here.

Abiola a wealthy Yoruba Muslim ran for President on the platform of SDP. He won a decisive victory to become the first and only Southerner to defeat a Northern overwhelming in the North.

Second republic Governors took office on January, 1993, while IBB postponed the Presidential election to June 12. Which he eventually won decisively.

According to New York Times (1993) "Many Yoruba have long resented the domination of Nigeria's political life by the mostly northern Hausa-Falani ethnic group, and were ecstatic when one of their own, Mr. Abiola, appeared to have won the recent balloting," but 11 days later, he annulled the election.

11 days again, on July 4, 1993, General Babangida took Chief Abiola and family into confidence. He told them point blank, 'they' (North) will kill you (MKO) rather than allow you to become the elected President,
Commander-in-Chief of Nigeria'.
https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/53716/1/the-secret-behind-the-annulment-of-june-12-amp-wha.html

In 1994, he declared himself President and was imprisoned for 4 years in solitary confinement.

On the day was due to be released, on the 7th July 1998, he died of natural cause after agreeing to renounce his mandate upon learning that the world has abandoned him, telling him they won't recognize a 5 year old election.

The government of Ernest Shonekan that took over from IBB was dismantled within 3 months by the same power that doesn't want Abiola as President. Failing to consolidate his power within 3 months, his government was dismantled with just 40 soldiers.

Announcing his Cabinet list, Shonekan became the First Civilian Head of State to alienate Ndi Igbo from government, giving Ndi Igbo 4 out of 31 Cabinet appointments.

Senate President (NC)
Fourth Republic (First 8 years)
First President (SW)
First Vice President (NE)
First Senate President (SE)
First Speaker (NW)

Note: In the 4th Republic, the SW was just compensated with the Presidency because of the 3rd republic debacle.

To achieve this, all parties were directed to field only SW, because in a liberalized election, Obasanjo the anointed can not win the election. So 4th Republic Presidency is NOT an achievement for the SW, because their own preferred candidate, Olu Falae was roundly defeated, and forced into political irrelevance. In essence, greater Nigeria imposed Obj on the SW.

They were allowed to that position not as a result of political clout or sophistication, but as result of benevolence of Nigerians. In 2003, Obj had to beg Atiku, his subordinate in a kneeling position to allow him complete his term.

www.dailypost.ng/2017/12/11/obasanjo-knelt-atiku-begging-second-term-idahosa/

Fourth Republic (Second administration)
President (NW)
Vice President (SS)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (SW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Note: SW was kicked out of the House after the first tenure. They were not allowed to complete their zoned 8 years. Tambuwal took from Bankole.

Fourth Republic (third Administration)
President (SS)
Vice President (NW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NW)
Deputy Speaker (SE)
Deputy SP (SE)

Fourth Republic (fourth Administration)
President (NW)
VP (SW)
Senate President (MB)
Speaker (NE)
Deputy SP (SE)
Deputy Speaker (SW)

Note: VP is the only achievement of SW in the fourth Republic, a position they got by the benevolence and popularity of His Excellency, the President.

When they tested their political clout and sophistication at the national level outside the benevolence of Northern backed political clout, they were roundly defeated and political sophistication demystified during the tussle for the position of SP and Speaker.

The political sophistication of SE/SS got the SE the Deputy SP even though they don't truly deserve it. This means the North still prefer their age lond Political Cooperation with the East to their recent cooperation with the West, even though the East didn't help them achieve the Presidency.

Don't forget the 4th Republic is just 18 years. You don't expect all the 6 regions to produce President within that 18 years. 3 regions have done their part (SW (cool SS (4) NW (6, remaining 2 years), 3 are yet to do theirs, hence power is going to NE unfailingly through Atiku. When time comes, nobody will stop Igbo Presidency. SS will as well complete the other 4 years when time comes.

When it comes to politics at National level, SW are just crawling. They can't beat SE political records or ever catch up with them.

The SW got the Presidency and Vice Presidency out of benevolence of people. The same way they love free owambe in real life. The only position they truly fought for President in 3rd Republic and Speaker in fourth Republic they were both disgraced out. While they were not even allowed to test the 3rd Republic Presidency, they were not allowed to complete their 8 years for speakership. Even the Military they got was out of necessity and Obj was pressured to return power to Civilian Government where a North-East cooperation got them the Vice President for a 2 terms.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Charly68: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2018
And IBB scuttled the election out of greed ..let's see how the man will end his game at last ..killed several people due to his action & yet felt unperturbed till today .
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by alfredilly: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
Noccerino:
Lol... Afonjas have been playing tribal politics even in 1993, did anyone notice how every yoruba states voted Abiola meanwhile northern states like kano and kaduna voted against a fellow northerner.
Stop your bigotry. Abiola was the overwhelmingly popular candidate nationwide, even most northern state voted him. Only the Ibo gave their massive vote to an unknown Bashir Othman Toga. Most of their politician also worked to frustrate June 12.

4 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ManMountain(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
The truth is glaring

Igbos have had more and traditional political collaboration (servitude) with the North at the detriment of a collective Southern solidarity.

However, anytime they miscalculate and lose at the National level, they will be looking for a southern unity to help them confront the North, Yorubas understand them very well and hence their constant frustrations and anger with name calling of the yorubas.

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ipodstinks: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
SHAKABOOM:

Nah VULTURE. grin
We can DRACULA.. grin grin cheesy

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by femolii: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2018
Noccerino:
Lol... Afonjas have been playing tribal politics even in 1993, did anyone notice how every yoruba states voted Abiola meanwhile northern states like kano and kaduna voted against a fellow northerner.
Shut up who vote yar adua, jonathan 2011, and who vote buhari so their are yorubas pls grow up.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by alfredilly: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Donpresh95:

Why are you foolish . Didn't you see that we believed in one nigeria then, thinking it will work out. Didn't you see how Igbo speaking states voted different parties without shading blood afterwards between the states that voted otherwise. That is to show you how matured we are. How peaceful Biafra will be. People for the people and by the people and not Party/Religion by the people and to the party/Religion.God bless Biafra
Ibo believe in one Nigeria, and yet the only tribe to lead two secessionist movements Biafa declaration and IPOB. Where is the sincerity here. Abiola was the overwhelmingly popular candidate and he won in many southwest and northern state save the east. Most prominent south east politician also joined force with Babangida to scuttle June 12-remember association for better Nigeria and the role played by Arthur Nzeribe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / Wanted Abuja Kidnapper, Dahiru Arrested After Wike’s ₦‎20 Million Bounty / Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.