Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,585 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) (55038 Views)

Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019 Results By The Cable / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by obinoral1179(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
Alexis11:

Don't expect them to be pleased with the Yorubas until Yorubas allow Igbos to ride them like other Southern tribes.... grin

I pity them sincerely. Yorubas already know their next move politically and are well prepared cheesy

This is probably what they see as betrayal cool
I told my little brother that all the people shouting buhari to daura are wasting their time cause most will not vote and if they vote it will be inconsequential cause the real voters are in the villages and those are the area where massive rigging will occur. The south west still remains a battle ground for 2019 win it and you are one step in so rock.

6 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Hayah: 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
My concern is actually the numbers of votes cast!

Check out Lagos, Ondo, Oyo and Osun States in comparison to Kano, Katsina, kaduna and Bornu States

What has CHANGED!!!

3 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by EarthXmetahuman: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
Alexis11:

They actually voted Obasanjo because he was the Northern candidate so that Olu Falae who happened to be the SW choice will not win the election.

Anytime I see them calling the Yorubas Hausa slaves, I always have a big laugh grin

They are so pathetic really cool
exactly. thats why i laugh at some yorubas who think they can trust those disgusting traitors for anything.

bloody flat heads.

19 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by dingbang(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
jchioma:
Sometimes I wonder how Nigeria would have fared under the presidency of MKO. Perhaps, we would not have been in this hell hole caused partly by the military and selfish politicians.
lol I guess it would have been the same still. One leader cannot change the mindset of Nigerians..
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Fawklicant: 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Growing up then, I still remember some of the campaign jingles
Abiola's lyrics goes like this, I have forgotten some
Abiola na the man oh, SDP na the party
For better tomorrow oh!
My brother, Wetin we go do oh?
My sister, helep Don come!
MKO/ Kingibe Action!!!
Abiola Abiola Abiola progress!!!

Then Bamanga Tukur's own
Bamanga Bamanga
Tukur Tukur
Anywhere you see Bamanga
Stand there Stand there

Lol.... Option A4, the freest and fairest election in our history

On NTA then, the jingle went thus:
On the march again

Response...on the march again

Looking for Mr.president

Response...on the march again

MKOoooooo
Is our man oooooo

5 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Fawklicant: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Firstorderwizard:
It is worthy of mention here that the 1993 election adjudged the freest nd fairest in Africa's election history was conducted by an Igbo man Dr. Ralph Nwosu(option A4).

Just wanna make common sense

Prof. Humphrey Nwosu

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by EarthXmetahuman: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hayah:
My concern is actually the numbers of votes cast!

Check out Lagos, Ondo, Oyo and Osun States in comparison to Kano, Katsina, kaduna and Bornu States

What has CHANGED!!!
you want to compare the rate at which alimajiris are being produced in the north with that of south west?

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ZorGBUooeh: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
Alariiwo:
The igbo man will tell you that Hausas/Fulani are not as educated as the Southerners.. But during elections, he'll run to the polls to vote Northerners over Yorubas and even his fellow igbo.

MKO won clearly but same Igbos went behind to kiss Northerners ass, making it easy for them to annul the election.
That price is Igbo presidency which will never happen.
An igbo man will never align with yorubas cos yu guys are backstabbers ad betrayals. angry

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:
Awo betrayed ojukwu,Awo was betrayed by Abiola,Abiola was betrayed by afenifere,Afenifere was betrayed by Tinubu..Children of Judas

I will rather trust the devil than trust an Afonja betrayal angry
Which ever way, trust devil instead of Afonjas and continue to dream of identity in the country called Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Okoyeeboz: 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
Let me hear these slaves of Bashir Tofa come and talk nonsense. I have said it severally that these Wawa miscreants always fall into political misfortunes. Anyone they support is bound to lose woefully.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Hayah: 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
you want to compare the rate at which alimajiris are being produced in the north with that of south west?

But if theirs is increasing ours ought not to have dropped that much

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by EarthXmetahuman: 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hayah:

But if theirs is increasing ours ought not to have dropped that much
people came out en masse to vote in 1993 election. it was the biggest and election with most turn out in nigeria.

how many people even have voters card or go out to vote in these crappy and massively rigged elections we have now?

3 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Alariiwo: 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

An igbo man will never align with yorubas cos yu guys are backstabbers ad betrayals. angry

You've never aligned with the Yorubas since independence.. Yorubas are fully aware of this.

What this implies is that Yorubas will also not align with igbos to produce president.
Only Northerners will vote any Igbo candidate, Yorubas too will vote for a Northern or Yoruba candidate over Igbo.

Do me, I do you, man no go vex.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
Firstorderwizard:
It is worthy of mention here that the 1993 election adjudged the freest nd fairest in Africa's election history was conducted by an Igbo man Dr. Ralph Nwosu(option A4).

Just wanna make common sense

Oga, good evening sir.
Pls what's this 'option A4'
I have been hearing about it but I don't have any idea what it entails angry
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by CrtlAltDel: 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
History, Facts and figure have always shown who are the real cowards and backstabbers grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by gaskiyamagana: 11:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

Forget about 2019 cos Yoruba and Hausa will carry the day not Ibo and fake Hausa. Without Yoruba support you will never taste Presidency again.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Galaticos444: 11:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
oodualover:

Blah blah blah. Northern slave!!!
Tofa won in Abia, Adamawa, Bauchi, Enugu, Imo, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Rivers and Sokoto States.
Shameless tribe
d igbo's voted against abiola cos of one reason,they jst didn't trust a Muslim/Muslim ticket (abiola/kingibe)not cos dey were ass licking d north.jst to add dat kingsley igoh was tofa running mate

2 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Alexis11: 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
Okoyeeboz:
Igbos voted Shagari - Ekwueme is our son.
Igbos voted Bashir Tofa - We believe in One Nigeria.
Yorubas voted Buhari - Yorubas are Hausa slaves.

They should lock down the whole of Igboland and conduct mental tests on all of them.

grin cheesy

Ekabo egbon! eyin gangan loko awon yiibo. grin

cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by fyneguy: 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
These results are really an eye-opener.

Yoruba will do the needful from 2019 onwards.

10 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by fyneguy: 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
Galaticos444:
d igbo's voted against abiola cos of one reason,they jst didn't trust a Muslim/Muslim ticket (abiola/kingibe)not cos dey were ass licking d north.jst to add dat kingsley igoh was tofa running mate

I see.

and why did they vote for Obj instead of Falae?

9 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Nowenuse: 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
For crying out loud, Nigeria is divided into two: Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria. An average Northerner does not know this is NW or NC or NE. What he knows is North. North is North as long as you speak Hausa. President can come from any region and they will happily vote him.
If you come down to the south, we keep dividing ourselves, your SW, am SE or He's SS. For God's sake South is South.
We're more Educated, civilized, richer and have more technical nohow than this people putting us in loggerheads.
We're still leading them, since the return of democracy in 1999 South has been President for 14 years, if Buhari finishes First tenure North will have 6years, even if Buhari is elected again that will give North 10 years. We have 4 years ahead of them.

Please let's put our house in other, South is South.

You are wrong. North is not always north. Most times, the north central and parts of the north east vote differently from the northwest, this was clearly seen in 2011 elections when all hausa fulani areas of the north voted for Buhari but most north central and northern minority areas voted for Goodluck.

I am from the north central, I speak hausa but I do not see myself the same with the hausa fulanis in any manner. I strongly believe in an independent destiny for the middlebelt people and I know my generation must pursue this, since the older generation of middlebelt elders and leaders have failed us and sold our destiny to the core-north.

5 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Keneeby(m): 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
Alexis11:
If we check very well, we will discover that it is what the Igbos want for the other groups in the South that is happening to them. They planned with the Hausas to marginalize other tribes in the 1950s but it backfired because Yorubas are smarter. cool
Smarter or cowardice?
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Alexis11: 12:03am On Jan 08, 2018
Keneeby:

Smarter or cowardice?
Talking about cowardice... where did Ojukwu die
where is Kanu
I think we can start from there.... cheesy
grin

13 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by watchindelta(m): 12:04am On Jan 08, 2018
The numbers of people vote from each state really Strange compared to now. Why the difference so much big now. Nigeria is fake.

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by omoelerin1: 12:05am On Jan 08, 2018
zicoraads:
See how these e-diots are about to lay waste to a thread that should generate a good and sound debate over tribal issues? SMH!

I googled a topic I wanted answers to earlier in the day and I clicked on the Nairaland website I was shown. I read through it and didn't find a single answer to the topic that I sought. It was just comment upon comment of senselessness.

Sometimes I wonder where this country would have been if this election hadn't been truncated. A businessman extraordinaire. He would have surely brought it to bear on the country. And at that time, things were not as terrible as they were now.
I doubt his govt would survive. It would still be toppled by military. Those rascals would not resigned with IBB.

Do you think Abacha who had been eyeing aso rock since Buhari's coup would overlooked it.

If not OBJ that sacked Bamaiyi and co unexpectedly, they insisted they would not left with Abdusalam Abubakar.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by NORSIYK(m): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2018
Galaticos444:
Tofa running mate was Dr. Sylvester Ugoh, Harvard University trained economist. Not kingsley igoh, He's my relative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wanted Abuja Kidnapper, Dahiru Arrested After Wike’s ₦‎20 Million Bounty / Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation / Oshiomhole: APC Crisis Deepens As Two Acting National Chairman Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.