Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) (55069 Views)

Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019 Results By The Cable / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by jammer777: 3:13am On Jan 08, 2018
BigIyanga:

You mean they voted for both muslims? It’s called freedom of choice!

If it were other way round, u'll call them slaves and traitors.

Repent and free ur soul from all these hatred and bitterness. Life is short bro, enjoy it while u pray to God to continually bless the works of your hand. With that, u won't hv time for these tribal banters.

Love you bro.

2 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by SexynSerious(f): 3:17am On Jan 08, 2018
grin cool

ZorGBUooeh:
Awo betrayed ojukwu,Awo was betrayed by Abiola,Abiola was betrayed by afenifere,Afenifere was betrayed by Tinubu..Children of Judas

I will rather trust the devil than trust an Afonja betrayal angry

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by BabaAgba79(m): 3:32am On Jan 08, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:
Awo betrayed ojukwu,Awo was betrayed by Abiola,Abiola was betrayed by afenifere,Afenifere was betrayed by Tinubu..Children of Judas

You had better shut up than spewing out what you don't know. And never you refer to yoruba as Afonja again!

5 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by joeyfire(m): 3:45am On Jan 08, 2018
Fawklicant:

Nigeria started failing soon after independence, long before June 12.

Of course the country already had a bad foundation but June12 was what really fragmented Nigeria till today
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by BigIyanga: 4:08am On Jan 08, 2018
jammer777:

If it were other way round, u'll call them slaves and traitors.

Repent and free ur soul from all these hatred and bitterness. Life is short bro, enjoy it while u pray to God to continually bless the works of your hand. With that, u won't hv time for these tribal banters.

Love you bro.
Nope.
Igbos voted Obj and Atiku and Rejected GMB and Okadigbo, they were not called traitors.

They voted for Yar’dua and GEJ and rejected GMB and Umezoke, they were loved and hailed for being patriotic.

They voted GEJ and Sambo and rejected GMB and Bakare, they were hailed as patriots.

They voted GEJ and Sambo and rejected GMB and Osinbajo, then were called traitors and intolerant by folks on other side; who called for their drowning and lynching.

Fast forwad to 2018, most of those folks who had called them traitors are now forming opposition to the present govt, thus vindicating Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by OKorowanta: 4:18am On Jan 08, 2018
Firstorderwizard:
It is worthy of mention here that the 1993 election adjudged the freest nd fairest in Africa's election history was conducted by an Igbo man Dr. Ralph Nwosu(option A4).

Just wanna make common sense

Humphrey Nwosu you mean to say.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 4:31am On Jan 08, 2018
the op must be a northerner. he definitely want to continue what they're known best to create confusion among southerners. even if we don't agree politically, on this killing of this nincompoop herdsmen, we are in it together. the political debate had come and gone

but come to think of it, this abiola scenario is political apathy, after all the struggles of campaign and money

lord may I not be cut short on the day I ought to be celebrated. Nigeria military then was a militia enslavement then. a civilian that doesn't have right to talk and demonstrate his civic rights was a slave in his/her own nation ruled be own national kinsmen.

I now agree with awolowo that said the name Nigeria is a mere regional name coiled together by the Britain for their own selfish interest

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ArodeTsolaye: 4:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
For crying out loud, Nigeria is divided into two: Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria. An average Northerner does not know this is NW or NC or NE. What he knows is North. North is North as long as you speak Hausa. President can come from any region and they will happily vote him.
If you come down to the south, we keep dividing ourselves, your SW, am SE or He's SS. For God's sake South is South.
We're more Educated, civilized, richer and have more technical nohow than this people putting us in loggerheads.
We're still leading them, since the return of democracy in 1999 South has been President for 14 years, if Buhari finishes First tenure North will have 6years, even if Buhari is elected again that will give North 10 years. We have 4 years ahead of them.

Please let's put our house in other, South is South.

It is not an Igbo man that should be crying for southern unity. God forbid!

The SE and SS are already united, everybody know the missing link is the region where muslims in the south who want to be quasi-northerners.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ArodeTsolaye: 4:40am On Jan 08, 2018
Alexis11:

That is how they have been betraying the South ever since. Even in 1979, they voted massively for Shagari against a Southern candidate. The records are there cool

They voted shagari against AWOLOWO the infanticidal and suicidal buffoon? Why did you hide that fact? Why did you refuse to mention it was Awolowo? We all know why. grin
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:26am On Jan 08, 2018
joeyfire:
Hmmmm June 12. That was where Nigeria began to really fail and die. What we have now is a carcass that doesn't know it is not alive

Abiola would have been equally as bad as every Nigerian President. What trumps 1). An ex-President supposedly humbled by jail. 2). A peasant with no shoes 3). A meek man with no sentimental attachment to materialism 4).A weeping General that tried multiple times in order to fight corruption in Nigeria.

Their stories were uplifting but they all failed as Presidents. Abiola's narratives wouldn't had been any different. It would have been a litany of broken promises. He was a member of the cabal that'd been milking Nigeria dry. Imagine what would have been said of PMB if he dropped dead during 2015 election. Some would say that he was meant to be the messaiah that Nigeria never had. Oh well, reality gives hard knocks.

/

1 Like

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 5:31am On Jan 08, 2018
ZorGBUooeh:

point of correction, flat.ee, .Judas Iscariokwu has long be confirmed by paleontologist to be a progenitor of the developer racehis flat shape skull and empty or missing front lobes(which houses the brain grey matter) present in other normal homosapien,is also a pointer to their descent from the pigish inherited traits and infernal greed and despicable gluttony..(according to their recently deceased pig master Cownu ) also discovered was the rusted,but still intact,30 bloodied,dirty lucre judas (juda iscarioKWU) sold your Savior,remember?..still tightly clutched to his chest even after 2000 years!..probably hoping to develope HELL,their greed master abode..well,such is the gluttony of your people today now better known as the b-EAST of No Nation

now oya go cry to international community

6 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by onemanonewife(m): 5:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Iblad0994:

They are really shameless to be honest.
Tofa won in Enugu,Abia and Imo lol.
history student ! Recall that abiola told author nzeribe that he can do without the igbos at that time and it was trending everywhere am sure that affected the voting pattern yet abiola still won in some Igbo States despite that. Recall also that Humphrey NWOSU the umpire was an Igbo man yet he declared abiola winner despite threat to his life by the military president
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by joeyfire(m): 5:42am On Jan 08, 2018
InvertedHammer:

Abiola would have been equally as bad as every Nigerian President. What trumps 1). An ex-President supposedly humbled by jail. 2). A peasant with no shoes 3). A meek man with no sentimental attachment to materialism 4).A weeping General that tried multiple times in order to fight corruption in Nigeria.

Their stories were uplifting but they all failed as Presidents. Abiola's narratives wouldn't had been any different. It would had been a litany of broken promises.

/

Abiola was no saint. He was a friend of the military, was a past sponsor of coups, a conduit pipe for corruption etc etc but the issue I mean isn't really about him as a person or whether he would have succeeded (though I think he would have done well). Abiola's victory was quashed because he was a southerner. The June 12 elections would have been the first time a southerner would have been elected president.

It divided Nigeria very badly between north and south and led to a lot of bitterness and tribal jingoism. OPC is an offshoot of that crisis
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ManMountain(m): 5:43am On Jan 08, 2018
And as usual, the ibos fell into the OP trap, how they never see this coming everytime is a mystery.

Yoruba boys create seemingly innocent threads, lure the naive ibos in, pin them to the wall and make them to struggle to defend from a point of weakness

And again, ibos will still fall into another, only defence is to shout afonja grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 5:44am On Jan 08, 2018
I'm Yoruba but I don't in Abiola presidency,if that was possible ..he would have been any better..

no be the ITT chap again?

no be one of the man fela boldly called international thief thief again

kudos to Fela

#trueyorubadontrespectthiefandbackstabber
#onawoviewistand
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by joeyfire(m): 5:46am On Jan 08, 2018
onemanonewife:
history student ! Recall that abiola told author nzeribe that he can do without the igbos at that time and it was trending everywhere am sure that affected the voting pattern yet abiola still won in some Igbo States despite that. Recall also that Humphrey NWOSU the umpire was an Igbo man yet he declared abiola winner despite threat to his life by the military president

Nope! The Igbo states that Tofa won in had governors from his party NRC. Nigeria of that time was not as divided as it is today. If it were today Tofa would not win in any state in the SE whether or not his party controls the government house
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:53am On Jan 08, 2018
joeyfire:

Abiola was no saint. He was a friend of the military, was a past sponsor of coups, a conduit pipe for corruption etc etc but the issue I mean isn't really about him as a person or whether he would have succeeded (though I think he would have done well). Abiola's victory was quashed because he was a southerner. The June 12 elections would have been the first time a southerner would have been elected president.

It divided Nigeria very badly between north and south and led to a lot of bitterness and tribal jingoism. OPC is an offshoot of that crisis

True.

But the aftermath was that a Southerner OBJ was handed the Presidency on a platter of gold through an election.
He still failed woefully. And here we are today.
GEJ won an election even though he is a Southerner as well. I believe there is more to it that region of origin. It is a class war between the elites and commoners. The elites are united by lootocracy while the commoners find solace in wailing (after selling their voting rights for N1k and a few cups of rice).
/
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by id4sho(m): 6:05am On Jan 08, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Growing up then, I still remember some of the campaign jingles
Abiola's lyrics goes like this, I have forgotten some
Abiola na the man oh, SDP na the party
For better tomorrow oh!
My brother, Wetin we go do oh?
My sister, helep Don come!
MKO/ Kingibe Action!!!
Abiola Abiola Abiola progress!!!

Then Bamanga Tukur's own
Bamanga Bamanga
Tukur Tukur
Anywhere you see Bamanga
Stand there Stand there

Lol.... Option A4, the freest and fairest election in our history
old Man
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Jsucre(m): 6:11am On Jan 08, 2018
Ifesinachi22:
For crying out loud, Nigeria is divided into two: Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria. An average Northerner does not know this is NW or NC or NE. What he knows is North. North is North as long as you speak Hausa. President can come from any region and they will happily vote him.
If you come down to the south, we keep dividing ourselves, your SW, am SE or He's SS. For God's sake South is South.
We're more Educated, civilized, richer and have more technical nohow than this people putting us in loggerheads.
We're still leading them, since the return of democracy in 1999 South has been President for 14 years, if Buhari finishes First tenure North will have 6years, even if Buhari is elected again that will give North 10 years. We have 4 years ahead of them.

Please let's put our house in other, South is South.

your brain no go dull
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by hollywater: 6:12am On Jan 08, 2018
Just look at the numbers of vote my state (Delta State) gave to Abiola. Yet his hopeless Afonjas will open their mouths and call us names.
Meanwhile,this was when Nigeria was sweet as a Country.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by Okoyeeboz: 6:18am On Jan 08, 2018
hollywater:
Just look at the numbers of vote my state (Delta State) gave to Abiola. Yet his hopeless Afonjas will open their mouths and call us names.
Meanwhile,this was when Nigeria was sweet as a Country.

We reciprocated it in 2015 when GEJ from the SS won in 5 out of 6 SW states.

This fight isn't your fight, stay out of it.

6 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by WarriFirstBorn(m): 6:41am On Jan 08, 2018
Firstorderwizard:
It is worthy of mention here that the 1993 election adjudged the freest nd fairest in Africa's election history was conducted by an Igbo man Dr. Ralph Nwosu(option A4).

Just wanna make common sense
And the most rigged election in the history of Nigeria (2007) was conducted by an ibo man, Maurice Iwu from Imo state. What an Irony. Lol

4 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by joepentwo(m): 6:44am On Jan 08, 2018
Abiola my only role model frm Nigeria, the man who had apathy for hatred, he will ever remain in ma hrt!!!
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by BafanaBafana: 6:46am On Jan 08, 2018
Alariiwo:

You've never aligned with the Yorubas since independence.. Yorubas are fully aware of this.

What this implies is that Yorubas will also not align with igbos to produce president.
Only Northerners will vote any Igbo candidate, Yorubas too will vote for a Northern or Yoruba candidate over Igbo.

Do me, I do you, man no go vex.
Which notherner will vote igbo? With this last hate campaign Nnamdi kanu did against the north?
One of the reasons Atiku will loose is because his running mate will be igbo.

4 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by ajebuter(f): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2018
Chai...waste of my first vote as an adult...

MKO even beat Bashir Tofa in his Kano enclave..

Best election ever....

Voters were not induced with money, tribe or religion, just clean vote based on conscience..

IBB, well done oh!

4 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by chrismago(m): 6:52am On Jan 08, 2018
Thats how it should be.
Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by oloriadebusola: 6:52am On Jan 08, 2018
so its been a while Igbo's have been playing myopic politics.

4 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by oloriadebusola: 6:56am On Jan 08, 2018
Noccerino:
Lol... Afonjas have been playing tribal politics even in 1993, did anyone notice how every yoruba states voted Abiola meanwhile northern states like kano and kaduna voted against a fellow northerner.
Mr Noccerino were we the afonjas supposed to vote for a Spanish candidate..cause this your analysis he get as he be.

3 Likes

Re: June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) by uprightman(m): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2018
Noccerino:
Lol... Afonjas have been playing tribal politics even in 1993, did anyone notice how every yoruba states voted Abiola meanwhile northern states like kano and kaduna voted against a fellow northerner.
They are hypocrites. But the are blaming South East for voting get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka / #EndSARS: Femi Adesina Blames Churches, Mosques / Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.