Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG (27125 Views)

Shuaibu Removes APC Flag From Government House (Pictures) / Celebration Of Wike's Reelection: Live From Government House Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by berrystunn(m): 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Profer a solution.

The floor is yours.

Their not Nigerians ..
Interior minister don't even know his job ...

Or they should make me a minister of interior.....and get the solution...
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Tiffbuxas: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

I am an itsekiri man.

The government provides for the gala seller by providing lock up stalls

Your prejudice is getting the better of you.

Fulani people also deserve shops (land over which they can ply their trade/occupation) same as the gala seller.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to grasp or accept?
bro there are reasonable ones who do legitimate business and even have settlement but there are others who don't bloody care about where the cows feed. To them you are a threat. So having ranches is d logical thing to do anywhere in the world. Then nobody is harassed unnecessarily. How can that be so difficult to comprehend. You don't expect me to part wif my farmland cuz a fulani. Man wants to. Feed cows do you?
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by cstr1001: 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

I see you've finally accepted what you wrote only a few minutes ago.

As I said earlier grazing colonies are acceptable by me.

I have witnessed Fulani being integrated with host societies in Cross River State so I know it is workable.
When exactly did i ever denied what i wrote?

Grazing colonies in our states are not acceptable to the majority. You can give them your father's land, no problem.

Don't speak for the majority.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by solaere(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
Careless talk by an old fool like ogbeh.....
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by LBanks(m): 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

I am an itsekiri man.

The government provides for the gala seller by providing lock up stalls

Your prejudice is getting the better of you.

Fulani people also deserve shops (land over which they can ply their trade/occupation) same as the gala seller.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to grasp or accept?
The Fulani people deserve free land for grazing abi? While the gala seller has to buy a shop or pay rent for his lock up stall
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by slowice(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Please where did you read the grazing land would be free from rent and tax?

What do you propose?

Before we discuss grazing land let's first talk about this wanton massacre by the herdsmen..... Justice before anything

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by ola12(m): 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nigerians are among d most patient pple on earth o, d fact dat dis country has not descended into complete chaos yet speaks volumes..
Nobody has monopoly of violence, nd murder is not justifiable in any form, evn self-defence dis days is bcoming controversial, talk more of unprovoked killings of men, women nd evn children
Patiently waitin for d time wen all fulani will unfortunately (nd sadly) b marked for death by oda tribes in nigeria because of d bloodlust of d so called "fulani-herdsmen"
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Mactons(m): 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
The question is: are you aware that the herdsmen allow their cattle to go into people's farm and eat up their crops, hence the reason for all this issues and killings. as for u trying to relate the issue at hand with the igbo ppl, i dont have to talk about that with u cus u seem to be guided by sentiments and not facts.
GMBuhari:
Government made provisions for special grazing

My Nna people disagreed

Now that it's getting out of hand, conflicts and murder here and there, maybe they'll agree

Fulani herdsmen are people just like Nna boys that come to Lagos to hustle

Every Nigerian deserves the right to live, work and live anywhere in the country

The only region where people blackmail government is the Nna Bros , with the amnesty that they still collect up and down and still engage in mindless killings yes they actually collect things from the government

The reason why government hasn't been able to tax them is because they always move around allow them have their grazing lands and with all of them together they'll be easier to tax
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by GavelSlam: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
LBanks:
The Fulani people deserve free land for grazing abi? While the gala seller has to buy a shop or pay rent for his lock up stall

Where did you read the land would be given for free?
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Banter1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
God punish this government. What kind of nonsense statement is this? They are nothing but terrorist.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maum: 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
Are you kidding me? Is someone BLOODY KIDDING ME?

Is someone trying to tell me that these guys deserve to roam about fattening their cows on my land and my farm produce, without paying rent for ranch, and will still end up expecting me to BUY the meat from their produce? Meaning, they paid ZERO to process their market wares and I'LL PAY to use that which destroyed me.

Whereas if I have a shop, I'll pay rent, pay dues, pay for security, pay TAX, before someone maybe buys off a single item from me. How does the government help me in that instance?

This is very painful. There was indeed a country.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Solomonopeyemi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
Mon gbase Lenin were, listening to rubbish from this mad one, government haven't done anything is the reasons while they are killing innocent people,
Now I can see that the government are on the herdsmen side and that is the reason why they kept quiet since all this day but remember God is watching yooooouuuuuuu ooooooo BUHARI FULANI.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by tonytony208(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
GMBuhari:

My Nna people disagreed

Now that it's getting out of hand, conflicts and murder here and there, maybe they'll agree

Every Nigerian deserves the right to live, work and live anywhere in the country

The only region where people blackmail government is the Nna Bros , with the amnesty that they still collect up and down and still engage in mindless killings yes they actually collect things from the government

The reason why government hasn't been able to tax them is because they always move around allow them have their grazing lands and with all of them together they'll be easier to tax

Are they the owners of the land?
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Angelfrost(m): 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
I think the real question is: Who is arming and training these herdsmen to the point that they have become so adept at killing, and sacking whole communities??! when did these 'infidels' become so sacred that even the military, dss, and police have kept mute over their activities??! Dear President, your silence on this matter, and overt outspokenness on Ipob issue, is beyond embarrassing, and worthy of resignation!!!

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by 2sexynet: 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
jaymichael:
Do you have a better idea to end the menace? reasonable people can see through the hypocrisy of your likes. You lots don't want the menace to end just to continue using the issue to score cheap political points. You lots were against setting up of grazing reserves for cattle rearing, you lots were against the importation of high yield high nutrition grass seeds that can be planted here for cattle feeding like the ones used for cattle feeding in advanced countries. Now you are against special intervention for cattle rearers to avert future occurrence of these ugly clashes with farmers and farming communities. It s not PMB's fault that GEJ was booted out by Nigerians so you shouldn't let your hatred for one man erode your sense of humanity.
Are you mad? As in your father a bastard? When has private businesses become the responsibilities of Federal government? Can you ranch or do you think the country where the grass will be imported from allow cattles to roam about? Oh God of heaven, how I wish you will come offline down south and talk like this.. you would be stabbed before you finish talking. I curse the day God made me a Nigeria and sharing a country with demented fools like you is the greatest mistake my creator did me. I spit on you and curse you today for supporting evil... sorrow will NEVER depart from you and your family. angry angry angry
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by jaymichael(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
2sexynet:
Are you mad? As in your father a bastard? When has private businesses become the responsibilities of Federal government? Can you ranch or do you think the country where the grass will be imported from allow cattles to roam about? Oh God of heaven, how I wish you will come offline down south and talk like this.. you would be stabbed before you finish talking. I curse the day God made me a Nigeria and sharing a country with demented fools like you is the greatest mistake my creator did me. I spit on you and curse you today for supporting evil... sorrow will NEVER depart from you and your family. angry angry angry
You are indeed cursed. Your sorrows just started. You will be eaten alive by maggots. All the things you work for and cherish most will perish before your miserable eyes. Where you will die, no one will be able to retrieve your cursed corpse for burial. You child of perdition. All these curse goes also to your unfortunate parents and all your miserable ill luck family.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
GMBuhari:

My Nna people disagreed

but governmwnt tax move able crops. What's wrong with ranching? Must cattle game reserve be the only solution?wjats obtainable abroad? Abdullahi?
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Vikky014(f): 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
NaijaEfcc:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/herdsmen-deserve-more-from-government-fg.html
Just imagine herdsmen don't pay tax. their cow destroy goods. their cow are very costly. infact I give up.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
veraponpo:
Some of you lack real understanding of leadership.

When a leader plans, he considers both the Strength and the Weakness, he needs to take the Opportunities and mitigate the Threats.

This is the best thing to read today.

Crops and Cattle cannot stay together without fights; that is the bitter truth.

Really? And so the farmers do not deserve more protection and assistance from govt? sad Those farmers borrow money to rent tractors and buy seedlings. Others even borrow to pay labourers and buy fertiliser. Then they spend multitude of man hours tilling the land, watering the soil and praying for a good harvest. They hope to pay back their loans, once there is a good harvest. Unfortunately, their hopes are cut short by some lousy cows who come in, trample upon their farms and render it desolate. Who compensates the farmer, for all he has lost??! shocked Their lives are even further brutalised by the killer herdsmen that ensure those farmers lose not just their crops, but lives, limbs and sometimes family members. I repeat: Who compensates the farmer, for all he has lost??!

Angelfrost:
I think the real question is: Who is arming and training these herdsmen to the point that they have become so adept at killing, and sacking whole communities??! when did these 'infidels' become so sacred that even the military, dss, and police have kept mute over their activities??! Dear President, your silence on this matter, and overt outspokenness on Ipob issue, is beyond embarrassing, and worthy of resignation!!!

You have said it all!! sad

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
NaijaEfcc:
wait is this scarsam or what? Do they pay tax? Do they pay for gazing? Do they pay for the foods their cows eat ? Do they pay for the lands that they graze on? angry
Good question! sad! Let us hope someone can provide realistic answers. If govt wanted a solution to this menace, it would have provide one, long ago. The cow rearers should find food for their cows within their own local govt areas in the far North, and they should stop their cows from straying into the Middle Belt and the South.

It is like a person who buys a car for taxi purposes. Whose job is it to ensure the car is serviced, fueled and properly maintained? Isn't it the job of the owner of the car?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
nnachukz:

Abeg take your blab to Buhari. He is the commander in chief of the arm forces. He should do the needful and not useless talk by his appointees.
If you continue this way, supporting evil and talking trash because of Buhari, one day the Fulanis will reach your end and not all your family members will escape it.
Nobody gives his land to murderers in a name of grazing reserves. If it is why you are killing others, you will reap your reward one day.
I don't think you guys are ready for solution, an end to killings. When you do, you will stop turning this issue around.
Crying everyday on social media, yet against all available options being put forward by the government.
If you guys continue this way, you are most likely to be the one who should be preparing his family for herdsmen invasion. Because you guys don't want solution, you are enjoying the attention.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
2sexynet:
Who is supporting evil here?
Make your point. Do away with cursing. And if you must curse, just make do with what your family members can carry. Most of you are not interested in solution and peace, but to just rant and antagonise every movement at finding lasting solution.
Some solutions are practical while some are non practical, it is just a pity many of you can't differentiate.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2018
maasoap:
I don't think you guys are ready for solution, an end to killings. When you do, you will stop turning this issue around. Crying everyday on social media, yet against all available options being put forward by the government.
If you guys continue this way, you are most likely to be the one who should be preparing his family for herdsmen invasion. Because you guys don't want solution, you are enjoying the attention.

No, you are the one who does not get it. If only the Fulani herdsmen who perpetrate these killings were rounded up promptly and prosecuted, there would have been a rapid decline in the number and frequency of attacks they inflicted on towns, villages, farmers and families, in the Middlebelt and further South. sad Whenever such communities organise vigilante groups to defend themselves and their residents against the herdsmen, they are labelled as aggressors by the govt agencies. Is that fair? shocked

It is the responsibility of the cattle owners to create ranches and provide food for their livestock. Afterall, goat rearers, poultry owners, horse breeders, rabbit rearers and catfish breeders do the same. Why is it so different for cattle rearers? You need to see the havoc they have wreaked on Middle belt communities. The simple solution is to fix a tracking device or microchip on each of these cows which contains info on the name of the owner and location of their HQ. Then any cow that goes on rampage, can be traced back to the owner, and the farmer can get his compensation for any crops destroyed on his farm. undecided Enough of petting the cattle rearers and their murderous Fulani herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by iAmucheemma(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
Yyyyeeeeee, Help, our minister has gone mad again.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by jamjo: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2018
GoroTango:
I agree with the minister, some kind of government intervention in the form of facilities and grazing reserves is urgently required so as to put an end to the ugly clashes once and for all

Grazing reserves they want, give them grazing reserves sambisa forest is there for them and Nigerians will not mind.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by igboodoo: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
All contributors have a point depending on how a piece of news extract devoid of appropriate surroundings has impacted on them.
But Audu Ogbeh is not a low level minister appointed as a crony to Buhari, he is a very intelligent man. This news piece that triggered all source of commentary including insulting this minister is , I can imagine, that area in journalism where a topic is so presented to attract undue attention and to sensationalise. In the emotional state of the state concerned with gory picture and strongly worded warnings going round the social media,(I am not at all against these outburst), the minister will not come and just make a statement just like that. There is a background missing.Not every politician is like the model that we all are apt to insult for careless statements. Audu Ogbe pass that na!
You guys shld stop bickering at each other na Nairaland dey try to keep its blog vibrant.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
jamjo:
Grazing reserves they want, give them grazing reserves sambisa forest is there for them and Nigerians will not mind.

What a great idea!! cheesy Sambisa forest is said to be over 66,860 square kilometers, although some official documents included the Marguba Forest Reserve in the Sambisa Game Reserve. And the Fulani herdsmen are fully armed. So they don't need to fear any intrusion from Boko Haram sect. wink

Sambisa forest is 18 times the size of Lagos – BBOG convener, Oby Ezekwesili

The convener of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) group, Oby Ezekwesili, has said the Sambisa forest is 18 times as large as Lagos State.
Ezekwesili and four other members of the group, are currently on a guided tour of the forest on the invitation of the Federal Government.
Tweeting via her Twitter account on Monday, she spoke about the massive expanse of land the dreaded Boko Haram sect had been occupying for years. “Dreaded Sambisa is massive. 60,000 square kilometers. 18 times the size of Lagos State! All of Lagos is 3,345square km. #BBOG” Ezekwesili wrote. http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/17/sambisa-forest-18-times-size-lagos-bbog-convener-oby-ezekwesili/

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by SoldierBoy1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
Wait are u sure these administration is not made up of animals?.... See bullshit talk. I guess Buhari asked the man to defend his kinsmen. Just pay condolence visits and condemn the killing and act fast to stop it instead of dishing out trash from ur mouth to justify evil. If ur loved ones were involved in the killing would you say the same thing Mr Minister.... Our leaders are devils I swear.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by jamjo: 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
laudate:

What a great idea!! cheesy Sambisa forest is said to be over 66,860 square kilometers, although some official documents included the Marguba Forest Reserve in the Sambisa Game Reserve. And the Fulani herdsmen are fully armed. So they don't need to fear any intrusion from Boko Haram sect. wink

The minister said the government has not done a thing for them, this is the opportunity he has to do something, there is lake Chad if the federal government can budget some money for irrigation from lake Chad into the sambisa we NIGERIANS we not mind at all that will allow them to grow grasses during dry season.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by igboodoo: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
To positively add to this topic from a clear mind, let naija 'security' do their work, let Minister try to see that this does not happen again by garnering ideas that shld be presented to ensure that there is no escuse for the herdsmen to recourse to this type of savagery again. but he must go further. He must be courageous enough to pressure the powers that be to adopt all reasonable and lasting solution proferred. He shld then go ahead and resign if GOVT decides to play politics with this issue that has caused so much human life and will continue if nobody has the guts to turn it into that sore in the wrong place on buharis something and his security chiefs. If Audu Ogbeh with all his knowledge and respect which he effuses cannot force Buhari to adopt measures guaranteed to stop future rambo killings and a reasonable tailored out solution including the provision of this grazing ground/subsidy, then we will be in trouble for a long time. However I also worry, to be honest, if all is incentivied to contain the herdsmen with subsidy et al, an argument may still come up, vis: a herdsman who never went to school cannot be confined. It is against the nature of a herdsman in the traditional setting.

So if that is the case and since even oyibo herdsman have all upgraded and repackaged we must elevate the herdsman like wise. Compulsory education must be introduced with the confinement . If we fail to include this the fulani oligarchs will continue to use them as their militants to chance the rest of Nigeria.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by stonemasonn: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
GMBuhari:

My Nna people disagreed

They can have their grazing land in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Katsina, Jigawa and Kano. Land is abundant there.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by nnachukz(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2018
maasoap:

I don't think you guys are ready for solution, an end to killings. When you do, you will stop turning this issue around.
Crying everyday on social media, yet against all available options being put forward by the government.
Can you listen to yourself?
Land is sold and bought by any that wants it, it is not given out for free. If refusal to give out land for free justifies your killings then you are very wicked. So the killing is just to force people to give out their land free of charge. What you plant you will one day reap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: NIMASA Donates 20 Ventilators, ₦50 Million And Other Medical Equipment / Ombatse Cult: "We Are Not Militias, We Are A Prayer Group " / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Football Skills On The Field For Dogara @ 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.