Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG (27144 Views)

Shuaibu Removes APC Flag From Government House (Pictures) / Celebration Of Wike's Reelection: Live From Government House Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by GMBuhari: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
tonytony208:

Are they the owners of the land?

All land belongs to the federal government of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by GMBuhari: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
stonemasonn:
They can have their grazing land in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Katsina, Jigawa and Kano. Land is abundant there.

Why? Is Edo, rivers, Niger delta etc not part of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by tonytony208(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
GMBuhari:

All land belongs to the federal government of Nigeria

They can as well drive your parents out of their ancestral home and give the land to herdsmen, since land belongs to the federal government. What nonsense are you saying that doesn't make any sense?

Maybe we should split the head of some people open and pour sense into it before they know that herdsmen are running PRIVATE businesses. So, the government should give private organizations free land? Who are they benefiting except themselves?

If government should give herdsmen free land, then they should give fishermen free boats and give every farmer free fertilizers. They should also give private school owners free land and give car dealers free money to buy new stocks.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by stonemasonn: 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2018
GMBuhari:

Why? Is Edo, rivers, Niger delta etc not part of Nigeria?
The issue is about conflict, things like this always ends in conflict as a result of distrust. After-all Buhari has his ranch in his hometown Daura and he is doing well, there is no conflict.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by LBanks(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
jaymichael:
You are indeed cursed. Your sorrows just started. You will be eaten alive by maggots. All the things you work for and cherish most will perish before your miserable eyes. Where you will die, no one will be able to retrieve your cursed corpse for burial. You child of perdition. All these curse goes also to your unfortunate parents and all your miserable ill luck family.
Lion behind ur mobile phone or Lappy, the day U utter this kind of rubbish offline somewhere just like the dude told U, U are done for.
So watch where U are before speaking, that's if the way U post online is also the way U talk offline
Its an advice

I know U will rain insults on me now, but that's who U are, a tiger behind ur device
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by jaymichael(m): 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
LBanks:
Lion behind ur mobile phone or Lappy, the day U utter this kind of rubbish offline somewhere just like the dude told U, U are done for.
So watch where U are before speaking, that's if the way U post online is also the way U talk offline
Its an advice

I know U will rain insults on me now, but that's who U are, a tiger behind ur device
That worthless cretin rained insults on me just because I made my opinion known. He could have just expressed his opinion without curses and insults. He chose to allow his unbridled tongue to bring woes upon himself.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 1:12am On Jan 10, 2018
tonytony208:
They can as well drive your parents out of their ancestral home and give the land to herdsmen, since land belongs to the federal government. What nonsense are you saying that doesn't make any sense?

Maybe we should split the head of some people open and pour sense into it before they know that herdsmen are running PRIVATE businesses. So, the government should give private organizations free land? Who are they benefiting except themselves?

If government should give herdsmen free land, then they should give fishermen free boats and give every farmer free fertilizers. They should also give private school owners free land and give car dealers free money to buy new stocks.

Una no go kill person with laugh for here, biko...! cheesy

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Fy94wFFbYIw/ULOrpQeAfII/AAAAAAAADNU/DLg47s01Ezc/s400/tumblr_mdgz1iiFWe1rkmofxo8_r1_250.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by sunbilor(m): 4:27am On Jan 10, 2018
Watch how the $1bn for fighting insurgency will be used to grant amnesty and settlement of Fulani herdsmen. We are all in Nigeria. Everyone should just sit and watch.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 8:47am On Jan 10, 2018
nnachukz:
Can you listen to yourself?
Land is sold and bought by any that wants it, it is not given out for free. If refusal to give out land for free justifies your killings then you are very wicked. So the killing is just to force people to give out their land free of charge. What you plant you will one day reap.
It doesn't have to be the land belonging to people. Government (FG, SG, LG) has an already acquired lands.
Then again, emotion has beclouded reasoning ability of many of you. Calling everyone that wants just solution wicked and cursing them. People like you will never be part of solution but wailing group just because of the attention and "see me" syndrome.
I went to my farm one morning only for me to discover that cattle had eaten all my recently planted plantain.
It is time to do away with grandstanding.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Jan 10, 2018
laudate:

No, you are the one who does not get it. If only the Fulani herdsmen who perpetrate these killings were rounded up promptly and prosecuted, there would have been a rapid decline in the number and frequency of attacks they inflicted on towns, villages, farmers and families, in the Middlebelt and further South. sad Whenever such communities organise vigilante groups to defend themselves and their residents against the herdsmen, they are labelled as aggressors by the govt agencies. Is that fair? shocked

It is the responsibility of the cattle owners to create ranches and provide food for their livestock. Afterall, goat rearers, poultry owners, horse breeders, rabbit rearers and catfish breeders do the same. Why is it so different for cattle rearers? You need to see the havoc they have wreaked on Middle belt communities. The simple solution is to fix a tracking device or microchip on each of these cows which contains info on the name of the owner and location of their HQ. Then any cow that goes on rampage, can be traced back to the owner, and the farmer can get his compensation for any crops destroyed on his farm. undecided Enough of petting the cattle rearers and their murderous Fulani herdsmen.
I'm a part time farmer. I just want herdsmen to be settled permanently. If governments see giving them ranches across the nation as a way to lasting solution, government should do it. As long as those lands are not yours or mine personally, what's my problem with government giving them land free of charge?
As I said, we just need to stop eating our cake and at the same time wanting to have it. We're crying about killings and destruction of farms on one hand and we're saying that government shouldn't give them land free of charge on the hand, claiming this and that.
Let's government compromise and make the clashes and killings stop.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 9:17am On Jan 10, 2018
tonytony208:

As long as you encourage grandstanding, clashes, crisis, killings between farmers and herdsmen will linger.
Land belongs to the government and it is not the same thing as BOATS AND FERTILISER, it costs nothing but just a free gift of nature.
Again, the kind of lands that usually reserved for grazing are non fertile land that is not suitable for crops and it is usually far from the living and farming areas. Just like the lands that nobody wants.
My observation so far is that many of you who are crying loudly during violence are also the ones shouting loudly during propositions of means to lasting solution.
If these unused lands are reserved for animals grazing, what do you stand to lose? Besides, anyone can decide to become a herder irrespective of tribe and move there too.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by tonytony208(m): 9:22am On Jan 10, 2018
maasoap:

As long as you encourage grandstanding, clashes, crisis, killings between farmers and herdsmen will linger.
Land belongs to the government and it is not the same thing as BOATS AND FERTILISER, it costs nothing but just a free gift of nature.
Again, the kind of lands that usually reserved for grazing are non fertile land that is not suitable for crops and it is usually far from the living and farming areas. Just like the lands that nobody wants.
My observation so far is that many of you who are crying loudly during violence are also the ones shouting loudly during propositions of means to lasting solution.
If these unused lands are reserved for animals grazing, what do you stand to lose? Besides, anyone can decide to become a herder irrespective of tribe and move there too.

Oga, please shut up. The world over, people do not reserve ground for grazing anymore. They do ranching.

Cattle rearing is a personal business of some people. Everyone should know how to manage his personal business. You can't be using your personal business to hurt my own business. If you claim governement should appease herdsmen as if the country is owned by herdsmen, then people like you are blind and backward.

Why would you advocate that "unused land" be given to a group so that they can run their private businesses that only generate profit for their personal pockets, and then you leave out other private businesses in the country as if they don't matter?

Why would the government allow itself to be held to ransom by some murderers? I hope you know the implication of your point of view? It means any deadly, bloodletting organization can also arise tomorrow and start killing people as a way of laying their demands.

Do you know these so-called unused lands are used for farming by some people and herdsmen would invade those farms?

And I insist that it won't be bad of government collect your family land and give it to herdsmen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2018
tonytony208:

Oga, please shut up. The world over, people do not reserve ground for grazing anymore. They do ranching.

Cattle rearing is a personal business of some people. Everyone should know how to manage his personal business. You can't be using your personal business to hurt my own business. If you claim governement should appease herdsmen as if the country is owned by herdsmen, then people like you are blind and backward.

Why would you advocate that "unused land" be given to a group so that they can run their private businesses that only generate profit for their personal pockets, and then you leave out other private businesses in the country as if they don't matter?

Why would the government allow itself to be held to ransom by some murderers? I hope you know the implication of your point of view? It means any deadly, bloodletting organization can also arise tomorrow and start killing people as a way of laying their demands.

Do you know these so-called unused lands are used for farming by some people and herdsmen would invade those farms?

And I insist that it won't be bad of government collect your family land and give it to herdsmen.
Now, you're shouting, and rude. Quite immature!
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by tonytony208(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2018
maasoap:

Now, you're shouting, and rude. Quite immature!

You are looking for a cheap escape route because you know your argument has been shredded out.

Try harder, Mr mature.

Stop advocating stupidity here. It makes you look like a mentally backward fellow

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 10:15am On Jan 10, 2018
tonytony208:

You are looking for a cheap escape route because you know your argument has been shredded out.

Try harder, Mr mature.

Stop advocating stupidity here. It makes you look like a mentally backward fellow
Intellectual people don't employ insults to make points or win debates, I mistook you for one.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by tonytony208(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
maasoap:

Intellectual people don't employ insults to make points or win debates, I mistook you for one.

If peeps around you have been telling you the truth, they would have revealed to you that calling you a stupidity advocate isn't an insult but a true description of your personality.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by mbos: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
NOC1:
before you comment read the whole article. don't make your news from the headline

Read what?

They should go to their various states of Origin and build grazing reserves .

We in Biafrans cannot accept them here
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
tonytony208:

If peeps around you have been telling you the truth, they would have revealed to you that calling you a stupidity advocate isn't an insult but a true description of your personality.
I'm done with you on this topic. I know you got it.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by tonytony208(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
maasoap:

I'm done with you on this topic. I know you got it.

Start listening to people around you. They will tell you your true personality, and maybe you can drop this toga of stupidity

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 11:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
maasoap:
I'm a part time farmer. I just want herdsmen to be settled permanently. If governments see giving them ranches across the nation as a way to lasting solution, government should do it. As long as those lands are not yours or mine personally, what's my problem with government giving them land free of charge?
As I said, we just need to stop eating our cake and at the same time wanting to have it. We're crying about killings and destruction of farms on one hand and we're saying that government shouldn't give them land free of charge on the hand, claiming this and that.
Let's government compromise and make the clashes and killings stop.
So by giving the herdsmen free land, aren't you rewarding for their bad behaviour? If the Fulani herdsmen and their patrons the Miyetti Allah association were serious, they would be working with security agencies to fish out the killer herdsmen. Better still, nothing stops the Miyetti Allah cattle owners from designing a proposal for ranching, and requesting banks or investors to fund it. If you are still of the opinion that govt should give them land because you think it would curtail their destruction of farms, farmers and their families, then please throw open the gates of your ancestral land to them in your hometown for free, and invite them to come over and take possession of it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by BigIyanga: 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
GMBuhari:
Government made provisions for special grazing

My Nna people disagreed

Now that it's getting out of hand, conflicts and murder here and there, maybe they'll agree

Fulani herdsmen are people just like Nna boys that come to Lagos to hustle

Every Nigerian deserves the right to live, work and live anywhere in the country

The only region where people blackmail government is the Nna Bros , with the amnesty that they still collect up and down and still engage in mindless killings yes they actually collect things from the government

The reason why government hasn't been able to tax them is because they always move around allow them have their grazing lands and with all of them together they'll be easier to tax
So Nna people made them to pick up and guns and go on killing spree?
These Nna people dey strong and devilish!! Another Cow logic
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
laudate:

So by giving the herdsmen free land, aren't you rewarding for their bad behaviour? If the Fulani herdsmen and their patrons the Miyetti Allah association were serious, they would be working with security agencies to fish out the killer herdsmen. Better still, nothing stops the Miyetti Allah cattle owners from designing a proposal for ranching, and requesting banks or investors to fund it. If you are still of the opinion that govt should give them land because you think it would curtail their destruction of farms, farmers and their families, then please throw open the gates of your ancestral land to them in your hometown for free, and invite them to come over and take possession of it. undecided
It is not even a ranch, it is grazing reserves. Nobody will spend a dime on it. Governments still remain the owner of such lands. And everyone interested in herding will have access to it, not only Fulani herdsmen.
If you guys really want these violence and killings to stop, you have to give room to solution.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 11:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
BigIyanga:

So Nna people made them to pick up and guns and go on killing spree?
These Nna people dey strong and devilish!! Another Cow logic
That's mistake many of you are making. They don't just wake up and start killing, some things are triggering the clashes. Fulanis attacks are usually reprisals, though in excess.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 12:05am On Jan 11, 2018
maasoap:

It is not even a ranch, it is grazing reserves. Nobody will spend a dime on it. Governments still remain the owner of such lands. And everyone interested in herding will have access to it, not only Fulani herdsmen.
If you guys really want these violence and killings to stop, you have to give room to solution.

Now, I see where you are coming from.... you want govt to reward the Fulani herdsmen with grazing reserves, for killing innocent farmers and their families. Well done! sad Should all those who carried out the killing will be allowed to go scot free and graze their cows in peace within such reserves, while their victims suffer the pains of loss and devastation for life??! cry

maasoap:
That's mistake many of you are making. They don't just wake up and start killing, some things are triggering the clashes. Fulanis attacks are usually reprisals, though in excess.

Please what fvcking, dirty stupid trigger?? angry Even if their cattle is rustled or stolen, does it give them the right to embark on a killing spree? Are cows more valuable than human beings?? Just listen to yourself. You are simply trying to defend the indefensible!! angry Entire communities have been devastated, many lives have been lost, men, women and children have been maimed or killed, and you are here talking about one hopeless, dirty stuvpid trigger?? Wow! shocked What gave them the right to take the law into their own hands and burn down entire communities? Are they above the law? Stop making excuses for these killer Fulani herdsmen, please!!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 12:24am On Jan 11, 2018
laudate:

Now, I see where you are coming from.... you want govt to reward the Fulani herdsmen with grazing reserves, for killing innocent farmers and their families. Well done! sad Should all those who carried out the killing will be allowed to go scot free and graze their cows in peace within such reserves, while their victims suffer the pains of loss and devastation for life??! cry

Please what fvcking, dirty stupid trigger?? angry Even if their cattle is rustled or stolen, does it give them the right to embark on a killing spree? Are cows more valuable than human beings?? Just listen to yourself. You are simply trying to defend the indefensible!! angry Entire communities have been devastated, many lives have been lost, men, women and children have been maimed or killed, and you are here talking about one hopeless, dirty stuvpid trigger?? Wow! shocked What gave them the right to take the law into their own hands and burn down entire communities? Are they above the law? Stop making excuses for these killer Fulani herdsmen, please!!
Let the governments solve the problem the way they deem it fit. Is it not the frequent killings that everyone wants badly to stop? Then why are you guys still trying to dictate to government on what not to do as if the proposed grazing reserves don't belong to the government anymore?
Sometimes, I'm not even sure if you guys truly want peace and lasting solution.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by laudate: 12:27am On Jan 11, 2018
maasoap:
Let the government solve the problem the way deem it fit. Is it not the frequent killings that everyone wants badly to stop? Then why are you guys still trying to dictate to government on what not to do as if the proposed grazing reserves don't belong to the government anymore?
Sometimes, I'm not even sure if you guys truly want peace and lasting solution.
People want peace and lasting solution, but they do not want the perpetrators to go unpunished! angry The reason why the killings escalated and got out of control, was because most of the killer herdsmen got away scot free. Just put yourself in the shoes of those who lost their families and had their homes and communities burnt down! The law says killers must be arrested and dealt with, not so??

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by BigIyanga: 12:28am On Jan 11, 2018
maasoap:

This is the reason why Naija is peopled by folks with IQ of 60
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by Ken4Christ: 1:10am On Jan 11, 2018
Only an insane Southerner or Christian will reelect this APC led government that is completely devoid of conscience. Let's vote them out.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by orisa37: 2:39am On Jan 11, 2018
We want Private or Public Ranches in all the States of Federation and not Cattle rearing.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
laudate:

People want peace and lasting solution, but they do not want the perpetrators to go unpunished! angry The reason why the killings escalated and got out of control, was because most of the killer herdsmen got away scot free. Just put yourself in the shoes of those who lost their families and had their homes and communities burnt down! The law says killers must be arrested and dealt with, not so??
And who says that the guilty ones among them shouldn't be punished? If anyone said that, definitely not me. The same thing goes for those who attacked the Fulani settlements as well. While justice is being served, the need for permanent solution shouldn't be relagated to the background. Otherwise, it will just a cycle.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by maasoap(m): 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
BigIyanga:

This is the reason why Naija is peopled by folks with IQ of 60
Do you even know the classification of IQ you're talking about? I didn't expect you to understand, it is the effect of bandwagon with the people like you.
Re: Herdsmen Deserve More From Government - FG by IkennaDavid1(m): 6:23am On Jan 12, 2018
maasoap:

And what happens to the families of those killed by the suspected herdsmen?
Yes they are carrying out violent killings of innocent citizens, but instead of the Federal Government to draw up plans to apprehend these cold murderers, we are all here debating on how to appease them so that they will stop the killings. As if they own this country..
But remember, no one or group should be above the law of the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Takes His Campaign To Coal Camp Market In Enugu State (Pics, Video) / #dasukigate: Falae Calls Bode George To Discuss The Money Received / APC Replies PDP "No Reason To Cancel Kano Supplementary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.