Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

The Greatness Of Our God-(midweek Meditation) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatness Of Our God-(midweek Meditation) (366 Views)

The Awesomeness And Greatness Of The Ten Commandments. / Our God Is Too Faithful To Fail. / Egyptians Are Yet To Dispute The Parting Of The Red Sea. Our God Lives! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Greatness Of Our God-(midweek Meditation) by traeces(m): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2018
This morning as I meditated upon the greatness of our God, my heart wondered to a sentence in Genesis 1:16, “…He made the stars also” and I wondered how the bible can summarize something so unfathomably profound and so infinitely vast into one small sentence of 5 letters.

Let’s gain perspective, our earth which is the only known habitable planet is home to over 7 billion people scattered across 195 countries. The earth surface is about 70% water and life form is sustained upon the earth by energy from the sun.

The sun is a star and it is in fact an average sized star. That is to say there are plenty other stars that are many times bigger than the sun. This average sized star which is our sun however is so big it can contain 1,300,000 earths. That is to say the sun is a whooping 1,300,000 times bigger than the earth.

A galaxy is a collection of star systems and there are more than 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. Now underline the word observable universe as science can only observe objects that are a certain distance from the earth because in the 13.8 billion years since the universe came into being, light from farther objects have not had time to reach us. Our galaxy which is named the Milky Way galaxy contains 300 billion stars. Astronomers put current estimates of the total star population at roughly 70 billion trillion (7 x 10^22). That is 1 trillion stars for every single person living upon the earth were the stars to be shared among the 7 billion people on earth.

Yet the word of God sums all these up in that one sentence; “…He made the stars also” This calls my heart to worship in the humble realization that;
1. God is not my mate in spite of the infinity of how much he cares for me.
2. God is not infinite, I think he is infinity-You can’t describe him, you can’t explain him, you can’t understand him and you definitely can’t measure him.
3. If he made the stars also, there is truly nothing he cannot do
4. If the story of all the stars can be told in five words, then John was truly right when he asserted under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost that, "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."( John 21:25) NIV
5. The Psalmist actually had a point when he declared by inspiration of the Holy Ghost that “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” (Ps 8:3-4) KJV
Re: The Greatness Of Our God-(midweek Meditation) by traeces(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
traeces:
This morning as I meditated upon the greatness of our God, my heart wondered to a sentence in Genesis 1:16, “…He made the stars also” and I wondered how the bible can summarize something so unfathomably profound and so infinitely vast into one small sentence of 5 letters.

Let’s gain perspective, our earth which is the only known habitable planet is home to over 7 billion people scattered across 195 countries. The earth surface is about 70% water and life form is sustained upon the earth by energy from the sun.

The sun is a star and it is in fact an average sized star. That is to say there are plenty other stars that are many times bigger than the sun. This average sized star which is our sun however is so big it can contain 1,300,000 earths. That is to say the sun is a whooping 1,300,000 times bigger than the earth.

A galaxy is a collection of star systems and there are more than 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. Now underline the word observable universe as science can only observe objects that are a certain distance from the earth because in the 13.8 billion years since the universe came into being, light from farther objects have not had time to reach us. Our galaxy which is named the Milky Way galaxy contains 300 billion stars. Astronomers put current estimates of the total star population at roughly 70 billion trillion (7 x 10^22). That is 1 trillion stars for every single person living upon the earth were the stars to be shared among the 7 billion people on earth.

Yet the word of God sums all these up in that one sentence; “…He made the stars also” This calls my heart to worship in the humble realization that;
1. God is not my mate in spite of the infinity of how much he cares for me.
2. God is not infinite, I think he is infinity-You can’t describe him, you can’t explain him, you can’t understand him and you definitely can’t measure him.
3. If he made the stars also, there is truly nothing he cannot do
4. If the story of all the stars can be told in five words, then John was truly right when he asserted under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost that, "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."( John 21:25) NIV
5. The Psalmist actually had a point when he declared by inspiration of the Holy Ghost that “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” (Ps 8:3-4) KJV

Today while my pastor was preaching on KEYS TO SECURING DIVINE INTERVENTIONS, she mentioned one of the keys was gaining a correct perspective of the greatness of the God who created the universe and my mind came to this post.

(1) (Reply)

Discussion Time! Human Stupidity Is Indeed A Formidable Foe. / Am I A Bad Christian For Watching Game Of Thrones? - Thelifebeam / Major Sign To Show That He Is A Core Muslim (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.