Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,035 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw (14585 Views)

This African Tribe Has Giant Scrotum And They Sit On It Like A Pillow / How Carnival, Efik Calabar Culture Was Transported To Caribbean / EFIK / IBIBIO NAMES - NEEDED (HELP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by XAUBulls: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2023
Moneywomen17:
yes efo riro is not one dish it is several dish with several different vegetables like he said the most popular are the one u likely eat. There is several Yoruba soup beyond the usual ewedu and gbegiri most people just talk about ignorantly. Gbegiri and ewedu are cheap option to prepare and it’s a delicacy for some certain Yoruba sub tribe in the Lagos, oyo region and that’s why it’s very common and popular but if u come to places like ondo, ekiti, and some places in Ogun State and go to the restaurants u will likely not see ewedu there. Correct Yoruba soup are not really prepared in the city not that am not saying the city soup is not good oo but go to the village and u will see correct soup wey most of the ingredients wey dem use cook am na fresh from farm or their backyard. U go bite tongue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by XAUBulls: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
masseratti:
Wow, the Yoruba guys really took people trying to mock them to the cleaners on this thread, well lesson learned don't talk about others if you don't know much about them.
Indeed... I love their doggedness in denouncing FALSE information and the insights in listing up to 15 different Yoruba nutricious soups here and there's even more.

Ignorance and bigotry are indeed big diseases.
Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by XAUBulls: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
grandstar:

In my hometown Ondo alone, we have obe ilasepo. obe luku, legede and there's a 4th one.

These guys are irritants when they condemn food. It's really God they are tearing down and not men
This is very insightful. 4 soups from Ondo City.
There are nearly 20 Yoruba soups I've counted now on this thread. There are definitely more that I've never heard of.

There has to be a popularization of all these Yoruba soups and cuisines in the entire Yorubaland and worldwide.

Chef Eros (Tolu Erogbogbo) is doing a lot of great things in California (where he is based as I speak) with popularizing Yoruba/Nigerian fusion foods.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw by Buikechukwu35(m): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
Probz:
Igbo, Igbo and Igbo.

Especially Awka. Best in the world.
chukwu gozie ru mu gi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayangburen Of Ikorodu Is Dead / The Great Zimbabwe / Why Do White Americans Like Telling Black Americans To Go Back To Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.