Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,605 members, 7,840,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? (471 Views)

''stop Depending On A Man's Money'' - Lady Blasts Her Fellow Ladies / "Don't Lose Your Husband Because Of Boyfriend"- Nigerian Lady Advises / What Made You Lose Interest In Someone You Were Wooing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by MrWondah(m): 7:56am On Jan 11, 2018
I was having a discuss with a dear friend and this topic came up. She was of the opinion that a girl or a guy should not depend on their spouse for financial help since it would make them lose their say.

However I don't quite agree with this. My opinion is that depending on each other strengthens relationship and builds trust. The kind of dependence here is not leaching on your spouse.

So dear romancelanders, both single and married what's your say on this?

Cc. Vive01 holuu elantraceey uyiii shaybebaby shervydman gucciqueen38 Lorbar dimples129 lefufu lala247. Hmmmm I no know who I wan call again
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 11, 2018
For someone like me it doesn't.
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by donstan18: 8:02am On Jan 11, 2018
The bitter truth is YES ,your "say" will be limited.
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by gabinogem(m): 8:06am On Jan 11, 2018
Being a leech make u lose ur say...
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 11, 2018
Ur opinion is better than ur friend's opinion......my opinion. smiley

If u call it 'dependence'........it's not so good but if it's 'assistance'.... better. smiley
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by shaybebaby(f): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2018
But there is a kind of co-dependency in relationships anyways or should I say a committed relationship.

Sharing your life means opening up and treating each other as halves of a whole. Which means you should both care for the other partner as you would yourself (in an ideal world) and I'm sure that entails sharing resources as well irrespective of who contributes the greater share.

Your partner is not in a relationship with themselves, they are in it with you. It's your relationship too so there is no conceivable reason why anyone's say should be diminished because of circumstances (except ofcourse the person is not mentally fit to have a say in anything).
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by cerowo(f): 8:26am On Jan 11, 2018
It prolly depends the partner involved
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by MrWondah(m): 8:27am On Jan 11, 2018
Chikita66:
For someone like me it doesn't.

I'd love to hear more details
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
shaybebaby:
But there is a kind of co-dependency in relationships anyways or should I say a committed relationship.

Sharing your life means opening up and treating each other as halves of a whole. Which means you should both care for the other partner as you would yourself (in an ideal world) and I'm sure that entails sharing resources as well irrespective of who contributes the greater share.

Your partner is not in a relationship with themselves, they are in it with you. It's your relationship too so there is no conceivable reason why anyone's say should be diminished because of circumstances (except ofcourse the person is not mentally fit to have a say in anything).

I get you, however, when making financial decisions, the breadwinner, would get the last say because it's their energy that's been used to 'bring home the bacon.'

I think unless one person is going through difficulty, both people should meet their own needs first and then share the profits. One able bodied person should not support another able bodied person. That's an unhealthy relationship, in my opinion, anyway.

What I mean by support is for example: Paying the person's rent or bills. Sorting your lover out a lil change and buying them gifts is different to taking on THEIR financial responsibilities.
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
MrWondah:
I was having a discuss with a dear friend and this topic came up. She was of the opinion that a girl or a guy should not depend on their spouse for financial help since it would make them lose their say.

However I don't quite agree with this. My opinion is that depending on each other strengthens relationship and builds trust. The kind of dependence here is not leaching on your spouse.

So dear romancelanders, both single and married what's your say on this?

Cc. Vive01 holuu elantraceey uyiii shaybebaby shervydman gucciqueen38 Lorbar dimples129 lefufu lala247. Hmmmm I no know who I wan call again
Your friend did not lie if you don't have money don't talk simple truth.
Re: Does Depending On Your Spouse Financialy Make You Lose Your Say? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
It depends on the level of maturity exhibited by the couples. Some will see it as a problem while some will not. As for me ,its not anything.You aren't losing your say. Some days are like that.

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Know If You Are Dating A Wife Material Or A Slay Queen. / House Of Rep Issues Arrest Warrant Against Glo Ceo Mike Adenuga / Reasons To Have Protected Sex On Valentine's Day. Whether Married Or Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.