Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (67859 Views)

Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares / Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 7:34pm On May 26, 2018
harthy007:

Wow! These are expensive ...I was thinking I could get something cheap from Air Maroc to jfk and a connecting flight to Denver

Then you compromise on your departure
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by harthy007: 8:09pm On May 26, 2018
kagari:

Then you compromise on your departure

How
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 8:33pm On May 26, 2018
harthy007:

How

2nd for 425000
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kenny2face: 5:47pm On May 27, 2018
Hello all, pls does anyone has experience booking flights with travelstart? How is there service? Are they take it legit?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 8:29pm On May 27, 2018
kenny2face:
Hello all, pls does anyone has experience booking flights with travelstart? How is there service? Are they take it legit?

Travelstart is an online travel agent ( OTA). If you know you wont need any extra service or further correspondence for your travel you can go ahead and book with them. If not look for a reliable means that you would have an open and cordial relationship with

They are legit

4 Likes

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by piusford: 1:26pm On May 28, 2018
kagari:

are you departing from Nigeria?

Lagos or Abuja?

Yes, boss. Lagos.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by oknee: 3:24pm On May 28, 2018
piusford:
Please who can show me how to book a cheap flight to Australia, One way ticket? Destination is Darwin.

I am open to Ethopian Airline, Emirate and any other without much headache.

ehhh bros, e don land? you never share the good news ooo.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:09pm On May 30, 2018
A little advice, if you have intentions of going for summer vacation, and you have a travel period, its best you get your ticket now and probably if there is a little change in travel plan, you can make a change of date for a little fee. its going to be a lot cheaper doing it this way than buying in july and august.

but make sure you buy a one year valid ticket for your travel and not a promotional ticket

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:48pm On May 30, 2018
as summer approaches and you thinking where can i ease off a little bit of Nigeria stress. budget friendly travel

1) if you are on the lowest budget lets say 150,000 - 200,000, you think towards Benin republic, precisely porto novo axis, you think the lovely beaches in lome in Togo. good thing you dont need a flight ticket for this trip. just your passport and probably yellow card.

if you are the wildlife type and on a budget i advice you look towards W national park or Pendjari National park both in Benin republic

you want lovely beach experience on the lowest budget, you look towards lome, known for its palm line atlantic coastline

to be continued...

3 Likes

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:53pm On May 30, 2018
45 Visa Free Countries For Nigerian Passport Holders 2018 In Alphabetical Order

Antigua and Barbuda = Electronic Entry Visa

Bangladesh = Visa on arrival = 30 days

Barbados = Visa not required = 6 months

Benin = Visa not required = 90 days

Burkina Faso = Visa not required

Cambodia = Visa on arrival= 30 days

Cameroon = Visa not required = 90 days

Cape Verde = Visa not required

Chad = Visa not required = 3 months

Comoros = Visa on arrival

Côte d'Ivoire = Visa not required

Djibouti = Visa on arrival

Dominica = Visa not required

Fiji = Visa not required = 4 months

Gabon = eVisa= Electronic visa

Gambia = Visa not required

Ghana = Visa not required

Guinea = Visa not required

Guinea-Bissau =Visa not required

Iran = Visa on arrival = 30 days

Kenya= eVisa= 3months

Lesotho = eVisa

Liberia =Visa not required

Madagascar =Visa on arrival = 90 days

Maldives = Visa on arrival = 30 days

Mali = Visa not required

Mauritania = Visa on arrival

Mauritius =Visa on arrival

Micronesia = Visa not required

Mozambique =Visa on arrival = 30 Days

Nicaragua = Visa on arrival = 30 days

Niger = Visa not required

Palau = Visa on arrival= 30 days

Rwanda = Visa on arrival =30 days

Saint Kitts and Nevis =Visa not required = 3 months

Samoa = Entry Permit on arrival = 60 days

São Tomé and Príncipe = eVisa

Senegal = Visa not required = 90 days

Seychelles = Visitor's Permit on arrival = 3 months

Sierra Leone = Visa not required

Tanzania = Visa on arrival

Timor-Leste = Visa on arrival= 30 days

Togo = Visa not required

Vanuatu = Visa not required = 30 days

Zambia = eVisa

Zimbabwe = eVisa

kroomstravel
```

4 Likes

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:56pm On May 30, 2018
for all of the countries not in africa, you woud be needing a transit visa to get there, basically either US or UK transit visa.

there are a lot of holiday spots that are absolutely budget friendly and good vacation spots for either honeymoon, relaxation, tour group, even business travel here in africa

like islands of seychelles, mauritius, madagascar, Banjul in gambia, cape verde, zanzibar in tanzania etc

good thing is flights leaves either lagos or abuja to these cities daily

feel free to ask questions on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:28am On May 31, 2018
bringing out money to travel out for the first time is not an easy thing to do just as paying for your first house rent isn't unless you are been sponsored to the greater percentage. the fastest route travelling out is building a corporate brand around yourself

1) first get an international passport, you never know when the travelling call would suface

2) get financially active, have a dedicated account money comes and leaves regularly

3) if you can get a registered company and a corporate account, please do

4) during your sparest time play around traveling neighboring countries. they are aint as expensive as you think

5) take away the notion that you would have to travel with a school visa first, you might end up not travelling for the rest of your life

6) have a source of income

if you follow these steps religiously for 6 months. confidently apply for US VISA, your chances are 70 for success and 30 for failure, and the failure would stem more on your presentation

why did i opt for US visa first, if you have a US visa on your passport, chances of getting other visa like shenghen, china, turkey, UK, canada etc is high.

Good thing you can still apply with a virgin passport and still stand a chance of been issued a visa
hope this helps

kroomstravel

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by LordofWar: 8:10am On May 31, 2018
kagari:
for all of the countries not in africa, you woud be needing a transit visa to get there, basically either US or UK transit visa.

there are a lot of holiday spots that are absolutely budget friendly and good vacation spots for either honeymoon, relaxation, tour group, even business travel here in africa

like islands of seychelles, mauritius, madagascar, Banjul in gambia, cape verde, zanzibar in tanzania etc

good thing is flights leaves either lagos or abuja to these cities daily

feel free to ask questions on this thread.

Please what is the budget like for vacation in the following countries:

Mauritius, Kenya, Zanzibar(Tanzania), Sychelles, and Madagascar if one is planning to go around August/September. And will it be cheaper if one is going in a group of 6 or as individual?

I just want to have an idea of the cost for each country.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 9:54am On May 31, 2018
LordofWar:

Mauritius, Kenya, Zanzibar(Tanzania), Sychelles, and Madagascar if one is planning to go around August/September. And will it be cheaper if one is going in a group of 6 or as individual?

goodmorning, i would answer your second question now, its cheaper going in a group of 6 for this reasons

1) those countries you listed are purely tourist countries, when you go as a group you get reduced cost in accomodation, instead of going for a single room hotel, you guys can go for either hostels or suites depending on your budget

2) cost for tour guide reduces

3) movement is faster cause, you are a complete tour group, no extra cost or delays in waiting for persons to make up the number

4) would be more fun, you cover more leg distance

etc

i would get back to you on the individual countries, the total average cost, how to go about each etc. i would be mentioning you on each and be dropping it one after the other.

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by LordofWar: 10:02am On May 31, 2018
kagari:

goodmorning, i would answer your second question now, its cheaper going in a group of 6 for this reasons

1) those countries you listed are purely tourist countries, when you go as a group you get reduced cost in accomodation, instead of going for a single room hotel, you guys can go for either hostels or suites depending on your budget

2) cost for tour guide reduces

3) movement is faster cause, you are a complete tour group, no extra cost or delays in waiting for persons to make up the number

4) would be more fun, you cover more leg distance

etc

i would get back to you on the individual countries, the total average cost, how to go about each etc. i would be mentioning you on each and be dropping it one after the other.

Thanks for your prompt response. looking forward to your posts on the average cost per country. Cheers
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:45pm On May 31, 2018
LordofWar:

mauritius is a lovely island nation with lovely beaches and ecosystem, warm temperature and worth the travel

i made a travel plan using the south coast area as an example for one person

1) average flight cost for two weeks aug 29 - sept 13 from lagos - sir seewoosagur ramgoolam international airport is
350, 000. kenya airways

2) lowest hotel room you can get at the southern coast is 80,000 you can take a look at ( Le Yanrie hotel at Le Bouchon )

3) places worthy of interest are

i) Casela nature park where you get opportunity to walk with tamed lions ( average cost per person is 35,000 )

ii) visiting Dolswim, where you get to play and swim along dolphines and whales and other aquatic attractions ( average cost a day per person is 40,000 including the boat ride, breakfast, lunch , tour guide etc.)

iii) visiting the black river gorges national park, one of the most reserved environment in africa/world ( entrance free, you either choose to employ the service of a tour guide or you buy the parks map and tour yourself )

4) pocket money grin average of 150,000

5) lovely beaches

6) visa on arrival, visa can cost from $50 - $200

on the average to have a swell time in mauritius for 15 days and 14 nights, you would have a budget of 700,000 naira

the travel cost reduces significantly if you travelling as a group or spending less days

kroomstravel

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 2:05pm On May 31, 2018
zanzibar is an island autonomy of the coast of tanzania

its one of the the best tourist destinations in africa and boasts of one of the finest beaches in africa and also wild and marine life

a travel budget plan for aug 30 - sept 13

1) flight ticket direct from lagos to zanzibar is averaging 295,000 for ethiopia air

2) due to the the fact that its economy is run basically on tourist hotels are on the high side

i) average budget hotels for 14 nights is 130,000

ii) average cost of hostels and motels of good standards is 60,000. you can check this hostels out ( Zlife hostel, Market backpackers, Lost and found zanzibars ) they have good visitors review

3) places of interest includes but not limited to

i) stone town and prison island ( you can handle it yourself or with your buddies )

ii) Dolphins and Jozani forest Reserve Wildlife ( averagely 40,000 for one person )

iii) beach night life, the cuisines and night life

4) the beach life

5) pocket money grin 250,000

6) you adviced to get tanzania e-visa from their consulate in abuja for $50 before undergoing the journey to avoid airline stories.

visa process is pretty straight foward and it comes out on or before 2 working days

you need importantly 1) passport valid for 6 months 2) 2 white and clear passport photo 3) hotel and air reservation 4) letter from your employer

supporting documents 1) yellow card etc

you can visit their websites for more informations
a budget for one person with in an hotel should be 750,000 naira but for a hostel 650,000

this cost can shrink drastically if you travel as a group and stay shorter period

kroomstravel.

2 Likes

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by LordofWar: 4:34pm On May 31, 2018
kagari:
zanzibar is an island autonomy of the coast of tanzania

its one of the the best tourist destinations in africa and boasts of one of the finest beaches in africa and also wild and marine life

a travel budget plan for aug 30 - sept 13

1) flight ticket direct from lagos to zanzibar is averaging 295,000 for ethiopia air

2) due to the the fact that its economy is run basically on tourist hotels are on the high side

i) average budget hotels for 14 nights is 130,000

ii) average cost of hostels and motels of good standards is 60,000. you can check this hostels out ( Zlife hostel, Market backpackers, Lost and found zanzibars ) they have good visitors review

3) places of interest includes but not limited to

i) stone town and prison island ( you can handle it yourself or with your buddies )

ii) Dolphins and Jozani forest Reserve Wildlife ( averagely 40,000 for one person )

iii) beach night life, the cuisines and night life

4) the beach life

5) pocket money grin 250,000

6) you adviced to get tanzania e-visa from their consulate in abuja for $50 before undergoing the journey to avoid airline stories.

visa process is pretty straight foward and it comes out on or before 2 working days

you need importantly 1) passport valid for 6 months 2) 2 white and clear passport photo 3) hotel and air reservation 4) letter from your employer

supporting documents 1) yellow card etc

you can visit their websites for more informations
a budget for one person with in an hotel should be 750,000 naira but for a hostel 650,000

this cost can shrink drastically if you travel as a group and stay shorter period

kroomstravel.

thanks for your responses so far
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by gowaga68: 12:35am On Jun 01, 2018
kagari:
bringing out money to travel out for the first time is not an easy thing to do just as paying for your first house rent isn't unless you are been sponsored to the greater percentage. the fastest route travelling out is building a corporate brand around yourself

1) first get an international passport, you never know when the travelling call would suface

2) get financially active, have a dedicated account money comes and leaves regularly

3) if you can get a registered company and a corporate account, please do

4) during your sparest time play around traveling neighboring countries. they are aint as expensive as you think

5) take away the notion that you would have to travel with a school visa first, you might end up not travelling for the rest of your life

6) have a source of income

if you follow these steps religiously for 6 months. confidently apply for US VISA, your chances are 70 for success and 30 for failure, and the failure would stem more on your presentation

why did i opt for US visa first, if you have a US visa on your passport, chances of getting other visa like shenghen, china, turkey, UK, canada etc is high.

Good thing you can still apply with a virgin passport and still stand a chance of been issued a visa
hope this helps

kroomstravel
God bless for this and other informations you've been sharing.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by Chimpazeeee: 1:47am On Jun 01, 2018
Bdbsb
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by sweetseth: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2018
Pls o I need cheap flight this june . for 2adults 2 kids lagos to orlando. The ones I see are very expensive. Thanks for ur help
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2018
sweetseth:
Pls o I need cheap flight this june . for 2adults 2 kids lagos to orlando. The ones I see are very expensive. Thanks for ur help

This is empty

Is it one way or return

Departing date and return date

The kids is any below 2 years?

This would help streamline my assisstance
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by yogun(f): 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
yogun:
Oga Kagari

Let me commend you on the awesome work you are doing on this thread.

I working on having travel history for a family of 4 (2adults, 2 children ages 9 & 4).

Which countries will you advise on the cheapest budget (visa,ticket, hotel, transport etc)

Intending travel date is last wk Sep-1st wk Oct. I was looking at visit Dubai via Kenya air, using the layover in Kenya to get Kenya transit visa and resting in a hotel during the layover which cld before or after Dubai.

Help of any form is most appreciated.

Do you want vacation and relaxation. If it, do kenya and tanzania together. But if its shopping and seeing beautiful structures you can think dubai
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by VIEMMYTRAVELS: 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nice job @Kroomstravel
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
VIEMMYTRAVELS:
Nice job @Kroomstravel

thanks dear
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
dont be domiciled in one city and assume same for all cities in nigeria. most countries in africa are one city country, so they make sure the city mostly the capital is in good shape

the only advantage you have as a nigeria over other nationals of other africa countries is our work spirit, Nigerians are human machine

the person talking about lessons in gambia, do you think people dont rake in millions from lessons in nigeria, if you aint making it in this city, try another city.

and yes this isnt ethnicity, most french countries thinks igbo is nigeria, you say you are nigeria they ask are you igbo?

my brother if you enter sambisa forest at the right time and right skill you would be blessed in sambisa forest

i am a travel consultant, i make money when people want to travel, but for this topic i have to be real. nigeria is way better than most africa countries.

standard of living might be poor, but opportunuties abound more in nigeria than most africa and european countries

you travel to this countries to have travel history not because opportunities abound there

as copied from my post on another thread
kroomstravel

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by cazzo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2018
kagari:
dont be domiciled in one city and assume same for all cities in nigeria. most countries in africa are one city country, so they make sure the city mostly the capital is in good shape

the only advantage you have as a nigeria over other nationals of other africa countries is our work spirit, Nigerians are human machine

the person talking about lessons in gambia, do you think people dont rake in millions from lessons in nigeria, if you aint making it in this city, try another city.

and yes this isnt ethnicity, most french countries thinks igbo is nigeria, you say you are nigeria they ask are you igbo?

my brother if you enter sambisa forest at the right time and right skill you would be blessed in sambisa forest

i am a travel consultant, i make money when people want to travel, but for this topic i have to be real. nigeria is way better than most africa countries.

standard of living might be poor, but opportunuties abound more in nigeria than most africa and european countries

you travel to this countries to have travel history not because opportunities abound there

as copied from my post on another thread
kroomstravel
kagari gud evening more power to your elbow for the great job you are doing here.Please what is the cheapest flight to Moscow Russian federation,for 30/9/2018(one way ticket).
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by sweetseth: 12:06am On Jun 06, 2018
Gd evening, pls I need cheap flight to orlando. By anytime from next week. 2 adults , 2 children age 6 & 9. Thanks
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:02am On Jun 06, 2018
sweetseth:
Gd evening, pls I need cheap flight to orlando. By anytime from next week. 2 adults , 2 children age 6 & 9. Thanks

is it one way , if return when do you need the return to be?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
cazzo:
kagari gud evening more power to your elbow for the great job you are doing here.Please what is the cheapest flight to Moscow Russian federation,for 30/9/2018(one way ticket).

184,000 royal air maroc

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by cazzo(m): 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
kagari:

184,000 royal air maroc
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

Just Collected My International Passport / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.