Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (67831 Views)

Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares / Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 6:55am On May 14, 2018
Goodmorming all
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by Sunnysteve009(m): 9:09am On May 14, 2018
kagari:
Goodmorming all

Good work sir, plz what is the current cost of one way ticket from nigeria to Kazakhstan, thanks in advance.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by TheEnforcer: 9:47am On May 14, 2018
kagari pos7541458: Goodmorming all
Kagari USA new York ticket price was above 300k but now it seems to the jumping to 400k.Can one possibly get a ticket price in the 300k range for June?I mean the least pricr
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 10:24am On May 14, 2018
TheEnforcer:
Kagari USA new York ticket price was above 300k but now it seems to the jumping to 400k.Can one possibly get a ticket price in the 300k range for June?I mean the least pricr
definitely bro
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by NifemiKolade(m): 10:42am On May 14, 2018
kagari:
Goodmorming all

Morning Boss. Please I want to know the cost of traveling from Lagos to Dubai., traveling period is between October to December.
Thanks and God bless
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:09pm On May 14, 2018
NifemiKolade:

Morning Boss. Please I want to know the cost of traveling from Lagos to Dubai., traveling period is between October to December.
Thanks and God bless

the essence of this thread is to know the best way to get the cheapest ticket for a particular destination. but to achieve this you have to provide travel date to make it more effective
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:11pm On May 14, 2018
Sunnysteve009:

Good work sir, plz what is the current cost of one way ticket from nigeria to Kazakhstan, thanks in advance.

would need a travel period
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 10:40pm On May 14, 2018
TheEnforcer:

you can actually get emirates for 395000
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by lovetree: 3:25pm On May 16, 2018
Hi house. welldone peeps...please how much will it cost to get a two way ticket from lagos to newwark, USA. Departure time is any day from now as long as the flight fare is cheap and return date is three weeks from departure time.
Thanks house
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 9:08am On May 17, 2018
lovetree:
Hi house. welldone peeps...please how much will it cost to get a two way ticket from lagos to newwark, USA. Departure time is any day from now as long as the flight fare is cheap and return date is three weeks from departure time.
Thanks house

You should be looking at Emirates at 383000 for those period
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 9:19pm On May 21, 2018
Been off but now i am back to making travel easy, fun and cheap
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 6:15pm On May 22, 2018
we all know Egypt air and Royal air maroc are few of the budget international airlines we have flying in and out of our travel airspace

but like i always do before you go ahead to make a payment for that Egypt air ticket always lookout if Royal air maroc have same fare or do that particular route.

for example for some US route both do, i would advice you fly Royal air maroc rather than Egypt for this reasons but not limited to them

1) most times have short layover time at their Hubs

2) if you certainly want to be in a city like new york same day you leave Nigeria, you go for Royal air maroc

3) better flights attendants ( both have average inflight service ), but i believe flying them you have made up your mind to sacrifice comfort for cost

4) are more customer friendly to Nigerias at their hubs : Royal air maroc ( casablanca ), Egypt air ( cairo )

5) most times have shorter layover time compared to Egypt air, this is for people that suffers Jet lag

the downside flying air maroc to Egypt air is their time of departure, they depart around 7 am, and most of their cheap long route fares aint refundable, so you have to be double sure you want to fly them before you go ahead to inform your agent to buy that ticket for you

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 6:28pm On May 22, 2018
talking about travel agents, we have got to read lots of negative stories about using Travel agents and doing it yourself, but the truth in reality is if you intend travelling for example from point A to point B and you already have a prefered airline and you dont have the intention of playing around with your ticket during the cause of your trip i would advice you buy direct from the airlines direct.

but if you are a frequent traveller, you would know most times airlines dont always publish those 2 to 3 to 4 connections we always want to do to maximize our travel and cost so therefore we most times dont have a choice but to use a travel agent

before i continue i would want to make somethings clear, do not purchase your tickets from Online Travel Agents ( OTA ). A few examples are www.kiwi.com, www.expedia.com, www.skyscanner.com. this online most times combine 2 different airlines that dont partner in real life and give to you as a single ticket, and you get into trouble at transits or stopovers.

to be continued

6 Likes

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:15pm On May 23, 2018
- many of us would have experienced a case wwhere we are stuck due to a mistake on our part on out tickets and would want the airline office at the airport to affect the change. most times airline officials direct you back to the tickets issuing agency. there is a clear understanding between airlines and recognised travel agents.

- and yes many a time travel agents might have fares that seems far cheaper than the fares displayed by airlines, this is part of the strategic business relationship between airlines and travel agencies.

- then only travelers that enjoy direct cheap fares are actually those traveling for tourism or very short visit, if you have intention of extending your tickets always be sure from your travel agents that he is getting you a one year ticket for that period of travel

if your agent gets you a 2 weeks promotional ticket dead cheap and you have the intention of extending it lets say for 3 months, you pay more compared to a client that paid for a 2 weeks fare valid for one year that wants it extended for 3 month. ( would give illustration to buttress my point later )

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 1:01pm On May 25, 2018
Just read somewhere on homepage that Nigeria airways would resume operations by december 2018.

https://www.nairaland.com/4523321/nigeria-airways-begins-operations-december

Which routes do you think should be of utmost importance, for me i go with

1) new york ( jfk)

2) london heathrow

3) Guanzhou

4) dubai

5) houston ( IAH)

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by piusford: 1:37pm On May 25, 2018
Please who can show me how to book a cheap flight to Australia, One way ticket? Destination is Darwin.

I am open to Ethopian Airline, Emirate and any other without much headache.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 5:09pm On May 25, 2018
piusford:
Please who can show me how to book a cheap flight to Australia, One way ticket? Destination is Darwin.

are you departing from Nigeria?

Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by harthy007: 1:01am On May 26, 2018
kagari:
talking about travel agents, we have got to read lots of negative stories about using Travel agents and doing it yourself, but the truth in reality is if you intend travelling for example from point A to point B and you already have a prefered airline and you dont have the intention of playing around with your ticket during the cause of your trip i would advice you buy direct from the airlines direct.

but if you are a frequent traveller, you would know most times airlines dont always publish those 2 to 3 to 4 connections we always want to do to maximize our travel and cost so therefore we most times dont have a choice but to use a travel agent

before i continue i would want to make somethings clear, do not purchase your tickets from Online Travel Agents ( OTA ). A few examples are www.kiwi.com, www.expedia.com, www.skyscanner.com. this online most times combine 2 different airlines that dont partner in real life and give to you as a single ticket, and you get into trouble at transits or stopovers.

to be continued

Life saver
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by harthy007: 1:16am On May 26, 2018
kagari:
If you are on a student visa, and your study duration is 2 years and above

You are safe to buy a one way ticket, but always advice your travel agents to insure that the airline would lift you

Normally you should be able to go with one way but sometimes airlines tweaks grin, their policies too

Could you pls expatiate more?

Thank you
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 6:43am On May 26, 2018
harthy007:

Looking for a cheap deal from Lagos to Denver 1st week of Aug.

Thank you

goodmorning sir, what exactly should i expatiate on? your travel is it one way?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 6:53am On May 26, 2018
harthy007:

Looking for a cheap deal from Lagos to Denver 1st week of Aug.

Thank you

for one way

lagos - denver: 503,000 qatar for the 2nd of august

lagos - denver: 425,000 air maroc for the 2nd of august
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 7:02am On May 26, 2018
piusford:

the cheapest one way fare to darwin within the next month time frame is

416,000 for turkish air
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by Solitin40: 7:36am On May 26, 2018
piusford:

I used South African AIRWAYS the stopover was killing but the airline told me my agent should have reserved an hotel at the airport for me a week before my travel date
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by Solitin40: 7:37am On May 26, 2018
kagari:

the cheapest one way fare to darwin within the next month time frame is

416,000 for turkish air
Stop over is how many hours?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by harthy007: 8:01am On May 26, 2018
kagari:

goodmorning sir, what exactly should i expatiate on? your travel is it one way?

Your second paragraph in my firstion where you said we should ensure our airline would lift us.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 8:20am On May 26, 2018
Solitin40:

Stop over is how many hours?

actually bro its 460,800.

turkish air.

turkish air to anywhere in australia has a layover at istanbul for 20 hours

but for this fare i would book you first to perth with turkish air

then from perth to darwin with qantas air.

you would get to Darwin on the 16th

this is far cheaper than other airlines above 650000 sir
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:09pm On May 26, 2018
harthy007:

Your second paragraph in my firstion where you said we should ensure our airline would lift us.

My flight is one wsy..kindly check for August 5th, 9th, 13th

some airlines have their own policy in lifting one way passengers, so asides having a student visa or study permit you have to be sure it qualifies you to fly one way. unfortunately even airline offices most times might not be able to give you an answer before your flight. but if you are buying from an agent make sure the agent tells you that you could fly one way, or you give me the itinary and type of visa with your study duration and i confirm for you
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:15pm On May 26, 2018
Solitin40:

I used South African AIRWAYS the stopover was killing but the airline told me my agent should have reserved an hotel at the airport for me a week before my travel date

actually the stopover for that route is actually fustrating, but i am giving him an option that is cost effective also. essence of the thread
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:33pm On May 26, 2018
harthy007:

My flight is one wsy..kindly check for August 5th, 9th, 13th

5th : 517,000 qatar

9th: 498,000 qatar

13th: 525,000 emirate

this fares are subject to change sir
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by harthy007: 7:29pm On May 26, 2018
kagari:

some airlines have their own policy in lifting one way passengers, so asides having a student visa or study permit you have to be sure it qualifies you to fly one way. unfortunately even airline offices most times might not be able to give you an answer before your flight. but if you are buying from an agent make sure the agent tells you that you could fly one way, or you give me the itinary and type of visa with your study duration and i confirm for you

Thanks
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by harthy007: 7:31pm On May 26, 2018
kagari:

5th : 517,000 qatar

9th: 498,000 qatar

13th: 525,000 emirate

this fares are subject to change sir

Wow! These are expensive ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

See The ₦155m Lamborghini That Every Plane Must Follow At Italy's Airport / Just Collected My International Passport / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.