Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (67697 Views)

Lagos BRT Operator Increases Fares / Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
Solitin40:

What about South African Airways ?

south african and ethiopia air, are better africa airlines than the ones i mentioned and they cover less popular routes from Nigeria
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
how are you all on the thread, more tips to come
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by olumig(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hello, I want to do multi city travel in July - Lagos to Toronto to San Diego to Lagos. What do you advise. What will be a cost effective flight look like in terms of Naira
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 10:08am On Apr 28, 2018
olumig:
Hello, I want to do multi city travel in July - Lagos to Toronto to San Diego to Lagos. What do you advise. What will be a cost effective flight look like in terms of Naira

Sorry for the late response, give me a departure date and a return date.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 10:12am On Apr 28, 2018
I got a tip for some of our frequent travellers, if you travel around the world a lot, lets say europe to asia to europe, activate and accumulate your travel mile with those routes, cause it comes cheap

Then pay with those accumulated miles instead of physical cash from nigeria to the rest of the world

If you want me to explain more you indicate by mentioning me.

Goodmorning all
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by olumig(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
kagari:

Sorry for the late response, give me a departure date and a return date.
30/6/-21/7
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:50pm On May 02, 2018
travelling cheap, you need to plan, if you dont plan you end paying more.

when you travelling within europe with a shengen visa

you either use the train option

or you buy cheap fares with your dom dollar card online

that is if you travelling on a budget
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by drogbaleee1(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2018
Please help me with cheapest flight fare for Dubai between July 23- 26. Thanks
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 12:10am On May 05, 2018
drogbaleee1:

ARE you travelling one way?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by olumig(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2018
olumig:
No feed back yet Kagari
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by olumig(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2018
Travel date 30th June to 21st July
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 1:11pm On May 05, 2018
olumig:
No feed back yet Kagari

You didnt give me any travel date, like how long you spending in one city before going to another then back to nigeria
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by drogbaleee1(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2018
kagari:

yes one way not minding stop over
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by drogbaleee1(m): 3:54pm On May 05, 2018
kagari:

to and fro...... onot minding stop over ..
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by olumig(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2018
kagari:

You didnt give me any travel date, like how long you spending in one city before going to another then back to nigeria
i did 30th June to 21st July.

Toronto 7 days

San Diego a week
Texas n New York 7days
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:20am On May 07, 2018
olumig:
i did 30th June to 21st July.

Toronto 7 days

San Diego a week
Texas n New York 7days

due to the complicity of the itinary i retwerked it

lagos (30 june) - toronto(8 july) - new york (21 july) - lagos

for 684 500 lufhtansa

san diego is closer to texas than new york

you could fly from new york to san diego then go by road or still fly to texas then back to new york then to nigeria.

would be cheaper that way, and i could work it out for you

you might not get a single ticket for the itinary you provided
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:22am On May 07, 2018
drogbaleee1:

175 800 rwanda air
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:33am On May 07, 2018
to spice up the thread i would be pasting tips of getting visa for several countries as copied from other source but validated.

i hope it goes a long way to help some of us

3 Likes

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:38am On May 07, 2018
HOW TO GET VISA TO MADAGASCAR

About Madagascar

Madagascar is a huge island nation off the southeast coast of Africa, It is the fourth largest island in the world. It is home to thousands of animal species, such as lemurs, found nowhere else, plus rainforests, beaches and reefs. Its capital in Antananarivo, and near the busy capital is Ambohimanga, a hillside complex of royal palaces and burial grounds.

The currency in use is the Malagasy ariary, and the official languages are Madagascar and French.

Types of Visa to Madagascar

There are a couple of visa types available to intending travels into Madagascar.

Business visa

Tourist visa

Work visa

Where to Go

There is no Madagascan embassy or consulate here in Nigeria, nationals of any country can obtain a visa valid for 30 days upon arrival in Madagascar.
For stays over one month, application for a visa from the nearest Madagascan Embassy would be required. There is a Madagascan consulate in Nairobi, Kenya, you would want to establish correspondence with them.

Madagascan Honorary Consulate in Nairobi, Kenya
AACC Building, Westlands, P.O. Box 14205 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: (+254) 20 445 2410
Fax: (+254) 20 444 3241
Email: madaconsulate@swiftkenya.com

Requirements

The following are required documents that should be provided when applying for a Madagascan business visa.

Visa application form completely filled (in block letters) and signed.

Recent passport sized photographs which captures the full face with a light background is required.

International passport with validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.

Copy of the passports data sheet (page on which the photo is located).

Copies of your previous visas (if any).

A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Madagascar and itinerary.

Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Madagascar.

Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.

Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay in Madagascar.

A proof of your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).

Proof of legal stay (if the application is not presented in the country of origin).

Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Madagascar.

If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in Madagascar, their bank statement would be required. Please provide a copy of that individual's bank statement. Please note that the invitation letter from your host should specifically state the types of support they will be providing (financial, accommodations, etc.).

Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose.

Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if any exists.

Certificate of employment (if employed).

If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.

A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).

Trade register excerpt or the like (for self-employed).

Bank statement for the last 3 months.

Proof of group travel (if the travel is going to done in a group).

Trade License (first issued and present renewal).

Visa fees

According to each individual case the competent embassy may request for additional documentation.

hotels.ng, kroomstravel

2 Likes

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 3:42am On May 07, 2018
HOW TO GET VISA TO TAIWAN

About Taiwan

Taiwan is a small island nation 180km east of China with modern cities, traditional Chinese temples, hot springs resorts and dramatic mountainous terrain. The capital is Taipei, situated in the north, is known for its busy night markets. Taiwan is one of the "Four Asian Tigers" alongside Hong Kong, South Korea and Singapore.

Taiwan lies on the Tropic of Cancer, and its general climate is marine tropical. The northern and central regions are subtropical, whereas the south is tropical and the mountainous regions are temperate.

The island nation has more than 23 million people and is one of the most densely populated places in the world. Besides its crowded cities, Taiwan is also known for steep mountains and lush forests. The currency in use is the New Taiwan dollar, and the official language is the Standard Mandarin.

Types of Visa to Taiwan

There are several visa types that can be granted to travelers who wish to get into Taiwan, and this depends on the purpose of the travel.

Tourist Visa
Business Visa
Transit Visa
Work Visa
Study Visa

Where to Go

Taiwanese Representative Office in Abuja, Nigeria
31, Katsina Ala Crescent, Maitama, P. M. B. 5111, Abuja, Nigeria
Phone: (+234) 803 316 0006, (+234) 706 418 3200
Fax: (+234) (9) 4138326
Email: roctmtaiwan@yahoo.com

Requirements

Nigerians who wish to travel to Taiwan for business would be needing the following document on the list below for their Taiwanese visa application.

Visa application form completely filled and signed.

Recent passport sized photographs which captures the full face with a light background is required.

International passport with validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.

A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Taiwan and itinerary.

Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Taiwan.

Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay in Taiwan.

A proof of your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death
certificate of spouse if applicable).

Proof of legal stay (if the application is not presented in the country of origin).

Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Taiwan.

If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in Taiwan, their bank statement would be required. Please provide a copy of that individual's bank statement. Please note that the invitation letter from your host should specifically state the types of support they will be providing (financial, accommodations, etc.).

Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa.

A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).

Visa fees for visa

According to each individual case the competent embassy may request for additional documentation.

hotels.ng, kroomstravel
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by drogbaleee1(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2018
kagari:

175 800 rwanda air
will there be stop over at Rwanda? Thank in anticipation
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 7:31pm On May 07, 2018
drogbaleee1:
will there be stop over at Rwanda? Thank in anticipation

Yea in their capital for couple of hours, why do you ask sir?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by drogbaleee1(m): 8:16pm On May 07, 2018
kagari:

Yea in their capital for couple of hours, why do you ask sir?
i heard stopping there makes it an additional stamping on passport
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 8:30pm On May 07, 2018
drogbaleee1:
i heard stopping there makes it an additional stamping on passport

not when you flying with the airline sir and not spending more than 24 hours
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by webfocus(m): 9:14pm On May 07, 2018
please can u help to check Lagos - Singapore 25th may -7th June
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 9:35pm On May 07, 2018
webfocus:
please can u help to check Lagos - Singapore 25th may -7th June

cheapest is ethiopia air for 349 000.

singapore changl, airport.
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by drogbaleee1(m): 10:08pm On May 07, 2018
kagari:

not when you flying with the airline sir and not spending more than 24 hours
what if i use Egypt airline will i stay for 24hours?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 10:15pm On May 07, 2018
drogbaleee1:
what if i use Egypt airline will i stay for 24hours?

i dont think so, why do you want to use egypt air?
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:04pm On May 07, 2018
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:07pm On May 07, 2018
HOW TO GET VISA TO EQUATORIAL GUINEA

About Equatorial Guinea

Equatorial Guinea is a country in West Africa, with the mainland and the islands as its two parts. It is one of the largest oil producing countries in Sub-Sahara, behind Angola and Nigeria. It was formally part of the Spanish colony, and borders Cameroon and Gabon. Its capital is Malabo, on the Bioko Island. Its currency is the Central African CFA franc, and the official languages spoken are French, Spanish and Portuguese.

Equatorial Guinea has two distinctive and very pronounced seasons: rainy and dry seasons. April to October are the wettest months of the year, and December to March are the driest. Its Arena Blanca beach draws dry-season butterflies. The tropical forest of the mainland’s Monte Alen National Park is home to gorillas, chimpanzees and elephants.

Types of Visa

There are a couple of visa types available to intending travelers, and this is based on the purpose of the intended travel.

Tourist Visa
Business Visa
Work Visa
Visit Visa

Where to Go

Equatorial Guinean Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria
20 Dakala Street, Parakou street, Aminu Kano Crescent WUSE 2, Abuja Nigeria

Phone: (+234) 9-781-6867, (+234) 805-606-3564

Email: egembassyabj@hotmail.com

Equatorial Guinean Consulate General in Lagos, Nigeria
7 Murtala Mohammed Way, Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria
Phone: (+234) 1 269 12 11, (+234) 1 684976

Equatorial Guinean Consulate General in Calaba
5 Captain Otu Close, Calabar Nigeria
Phone: (+234) 816 481 5343, (+234) 803 474 5174
Email: consuladogeneralgecalabar@yahoo.com

Requirements

Below is a list of required documents that should accompany an application for a business visa to Equatorial Guinea.

Visa application form completely filled and signed.

National passport with validity exceeding the expected return date with about six months, and with at
least two blank pages.

A cover letter stating the purpose of visit and itinerary.

Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit.

Proof of smallpox, yellow fever, and cholera vaccinations is usually required.

Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay.

A proof of your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).

Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.

Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose.

Visa fees.

For further information, and all types of visas, please call or visit the appropriate embassy in Nigeria.

Hotels.ng, kroomstravel

1 Like

Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:20am On May 09, 2018
About Peru

Peru is a country in South America that's home to a section of Amazon rain forest and Machu Picchu, an ancient Incan city high in the Andes mountains. Its capital which is Lima, located on its arid Pacific coast, has a preserved colonial center and important collections of pre-Columbian art.

Peru is an extremely bio-diverse country, and its main economic activities include mining, manufacturing, agriculture and fishing. The multi-ethnic Peru has an estimated population of 31.2 million (in 2015), including Amerindians, Europeans, Africans and Asians.

Sol is the currency in use, and the main spoken language is Spanish, although a significant number of Peruvians speak Quechua or other native languages. This mixture of cultural traditions has resulted in a wide diversity of expressions in fields such as art, cuisine, literature, and music.

Types of Peruvian Visa

There are a couple of visa types available to people who which to visit Peru, and they depend on the purpose for which the visit is intended.

Tourist visa
Business visa
Transit visa
Study visa
Working Visa

Where to Go

Peruvian Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, Abuja, Nigeria.
Phone: (234)-9-461-4000
Email: Consularabuja@state.gov

Requirements

The following are required documents that should be provided when applying for a Peruvian business visa.

National passport with validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.

A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Peru and itinerary.

Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Peru.

Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy. Applicant must provide Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy.

Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay in Peru.

Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Peru.

If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in Peru, their bank statement would be required. Please provide a copy of that individual's bank statement. Please note that the invitation letter from your host should specifically state the types of support they will be providing (financial, accommodations, etc).

Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa (ie. a one year multiple entry business visa). An ORIGINAL business invitation letter from the sponsoring company in Peru. The letter should be printed on company letterhead stationery, addressed to "The Consulate of Peru, Visa Section", and signed by a senior manager (an equivalent to Vice-President or above)

Visa fees for Peruvian visa

For further information, and all types of visas, please call or visit the Peruvian embassy in Nigeria.

hotels.ng , kroomstravel
Re: Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel by kagari: 11:25am On May 09, 2018
About Portugal

Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain. Its capital is Lisbon, and Portuguese is spoken as its official language. It is the westernmost country of mainland Europe. To the west and south it is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and to the east and north by Spain. Its location on the Atlantic Ocean has influenced many aspects of its culture: salt cod and grilled sardines are national dishes, the Algarve's beaches are a major destination and much of the nation’s architecture dates to the 1500s–1800s, when Portugal had a powerful maritime empire. Portugal established the first global empire, becoming one of the world's major economic, political and military powers. Euro is the official trade currency.

Types of Visa to Portugal

There are several types of visa that can be granted, depending on the purpose of your visit to Portugal. Here they are

Tourist visa
Business visa
Transit visa
Student visa
Work Visa

Where to Go

Portuguese Embassy Abuja
Plot 3655, Orinoco Crescent (off River Kubani Street, off Nile Street), Maitama, Abuja, Nigéria.
Phone: +234-9461-1443, +234-0-903-780-867-0
Fax: +234-9460-2629
Website http://www.secomunidades.pt/web/abuja

Requirements

Below is a list of documents you would need to provide when putting in an application for the Portuguese visa.

National passport with validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.

A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to
Portugal and itinerary.

Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Portugal.

Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy. Applicant must provide Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy.

Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay in Portugal.

Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Portugal.

Original invitation letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose, travel data, name, birthdate, passport number of the invitee.

Business bank statement for the latest 6 months.

Proof of group travel

Proprietorship/Partnership documents.

Visa fees for Portuguese visa

According to each individual case the competent embassy
may request for additional documentation.

For further information, and all types of visas, please call or visit the Portuguese embassy in Nigeria.

hotels.ng , kroomstravel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Think You Know Lagos well Enough? (photos) / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? / See The ₦155m Lamborghini That Every Plane Must Follow At Italy's Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.