Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,918 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me (1838 Views)

Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh / Please People In The House Advice Me No Insult Pls / Please People, What Can I Get My Wife For Our 1st Year Wedding Anniversary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Lacrissa: 2:19am On Apr 12, 2010
I opened a thread before talking about dating a shorter guy, I am still confused and in a dilemma. I have other guys that are way taller than I am but this particular guy makes me laugh, nice, good, sweet, I enjoy his company but I was looking at some pictures we took, and it looked awkward because of the difference in height. We are like the same height or I'm somewhat taller not to talk of when i wear heels.

I am scared or just thinking, if i should eventually agree and end up with him, what about my parents and friends? Because they see me as very pretty and beautiful that there are zillions of guys out there. I'm just worried, his height might not be appealing. I'm so confused. Please help sad I don't really know what to do.

No crucifixion pls.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 12, 2010
thinking the way you do i see only ONE solution: why dont you ask your parents and friends to choose someone for you so that you are sure that they will be please by "your"choice of man.

you are living your life through their eyes, you might as well sit back and let them take charge of your life.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Lacrissa: 2:37am On Apr 12, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

thinking the way you do i see only ONE solution: why dont you ask your parents and friends to choose someone for you so that you are sure that they will be please by "your"choice of man.

you are living your life through their eyes, you might as well sit back and let them take charge of your life.

C'mon mrbrownj, how can i sit back and let my parents choose a man for me? i'm sure you truly and really understand where i'm coming from. if i wasn't interested in this guy, i won't be here asking but at the same it's only natural, i worry, if people around me especially my parents would be pleased.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 12, 2010
^^^^^you cant have it all in life. we can clearly see that you are attracted to this man but yet dont want to commit to him because of family and friends issues. since you are not ready to make an adult decision and stand by your choices (and your man)  then let the adults in your life make it for you. lol!

if you believe that you can please EVERYONE around in your life, yourself included, then you have some growing up to do. . . . . . . . . . .  wont happen, as there will always be someone who doesnt agree with your choices. the catch is to not give a damn as it is YOUR choices and YOUR life.
dont take my words negatively, they are actually very positive!
PS: if he was rude, agressive, (even poor) i would understand BUT A LITTLE SHORTER THAN YOU?!?!?!?!?!
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Lacrissa: 2:55am On Apr 12, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^you cant have it all in life. we can clearly see that you are attracted to this man but yet dont want to commit to him because of family and friends issues. since you are not ready to make an adult decision and stand by your choices (and your man)  then let the adults in your life make it for you. lol!

if you believe that you can please EVERYONE around in your life, yourself included, then you have some growing up to do. . . . . . . . . . .  wont happen, as there will always be someone who doesnt agree with your choices. the catch is to not give a damn as it is YOUR choices and YOUR life.
dont take my words negatively, they are actually very positive!
PS: if he was rude, agressive, (even poor) i would understand BUT A LITTLE SHORTER THAN YOU?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks mrbrown j, but u know naturally, we women prefer our guys taller. He would be the first guy shorter than i am that i am attracted to and not that i can't stand for myself, only worried how the outside would see it and if i am really ready for this, a shorter person.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by googles: 2:57am On Apr 12, 2010
oh please wen he was asking you out did you not notice the height difference ?

if this guy makes you happy den wat more are you looking for ?? height ??

height does not make a man, itz wats in him dat makez him one

why should you put your fam & friends' opinion before your own happiness

if you ask me i'd say stick with this guy if you are really happy with him

i b'live your peepz 'll  be happy, if you are happy regardless of the size of ur padner
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by lionphil(m): 3:09am On Apr 12, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
beauty is in ur eyes my dear. u are not ready for marriage so cool down. or are u
since u are not sure, forget him lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by indie22(f): 4:13am On Apr 12, 2010
@ op, the problem dear is that you're a little bit vain, seriously you need to get over yourself. Dating a shorter guy is not that big a deal!!
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Odunnu: 4:21am On Apr 12, 2010
. . . and 2 thnk dat d guy is nt even a midget!
Jst bcz u r almst d same height and whn u wear heels u seem taller u say d guy is shorter.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 12, 2010
Guys, don't be so critical of the OP!

How many of you here would honestly feel comfortable dating a taller lady? There's nothing wrong in it, I know. But a lot of you would still shy away from the idea. So far, only Mr Brown has given sound advice - he's not criticizing the lady's choice, he's more against her allowing outsiders to influence her decision.

Lacrissa, the choice is yours - from what you've posted, your guy doesn't have any issues with you being taller, he loves you, and you love him. I'd let things take their course, and marry him if he treats you well. If you're going to let the attitude of others affect your judgement, then clearly, you're not as into him as you think. If you love this guy, it wouldn't matter if he was shorter. You wouldn't see the height difference, all you'd see would be a man you love. No one's perfect, if you can't love this guy for who he is, or are having doubts (I think you are) then let him go, while you find a guy that ticks all your boxes, leaving him to do the same with some other lady who'll appreciate him.

Good luck.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2010
This kind of dilemma is only similair with younger babes the matured ones ain't disturbed by things like this let's put this on a scale. Your Happiness on the left How people percieve you on the Right and you my friend is suppose to determine which is more important you happiness and other people's Happiness.Like Brown said someone will always not be satisfied even if you can change anything to Naira.Forget the Height or Forgot the Guy Your Choices are simple.

Take Him or Ditch Him.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by jaybee3(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2010
What's the height difference?
If the height difference makes him less attractive then no point taking the relationship further as their is absolutely no hope of that ever changing. Growth stops at a certain age and i'm guessing he must have passed that age.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Tinksh(f): 10:17am On Apr 12, 2010
Just sounds like your more worried about outside opinions than your own. You want a 'man bag' on your arm that others approve of. Who cares really?? If he treats you well and your attracted to him whats the issue. If you dont want him, leave him to another woman that will appreciate his heart not his height. In defence of some guys, if they had said that about a girl, people would be going nuts! So go find a guy that would suit everyone else even if he treats you like crap!
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by 190: 10:17am On Apr 12, 2010
bring the pics up,

lemme see!
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by daduke2k(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2010
Hey M I is d short blak boy buh stil gets him lots of gurls. Ok advice: get him heeled shoes or stick sum heels 2 his shoes. . . . . .
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Lacrissa: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
Thanks guys I just needed encouragement and advice. I have never been a with a shorter guy but he makes me happy, laugh, focused, just something new, but I do appreciate your opinions.

@daduke2k
Lol heeled shoes? ewww on a man? lipsrsealed

@190- is it necessary cheesy

@jaybee, prolly like 5"7

@odunnu
we r the same heighr or i'm somewhat taller not to talk of heels
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by jaybee3(m): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2010
Lacrissa:

@jaybee, prolly like 5"7
The difference between yours and his
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Lacrissa: 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
jay bee:

The difference between yours and his

LOL, i meant we both are like 5'7 or he mite b 5"6.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by jaybee3(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
well if that's d case then i don't c why it should be an issue.
What happens if you do decide to leave and find the over 6 ft tall guy but he lacks in the other important/necessary departments?
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by tayore: 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2010
What has Height got to do with it?  What exactly do you want in a relationship? Are you sure you want the real thing?
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Lacrissa: 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2010
jay bee:

well if that's d case then i don't c why it should be an issue.
What happens if you do decide to leave and find the over 6 ft tall guy but he lacks in the other important/necessary departments?

tayore:

What has Height got to do with it? What exactly do you want in a relationship? Are you sure you want the real thing?

@jaybee, i agree, i'll give it a trial i guess

@tayore
well in as much as we say the inside matters, we know the physical somehwat does matter too,
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by jaybee3(m): 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2010
Good luck with the journey
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by MissyB1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2010
Height shouldn't be a great problem.
I'm taller than Jaybee shocked and we are both cool with it. grin kiss kiss
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by ruskiee(m): 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2010
Who cares if he's shorter, or if you are taller.
I think Love should conquer all the shortcomings. . .
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Dimka76(m): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
LWKMD!  grin Oh Crissy, don't let dat deter you . What if he was tall and had bad breath?   My mum was slightly taller  than  pops too but they still made a handsome couple. But she had to cut down on the really high heels though, small price to pay if you ask me. Your post is lovably silly! Haahaahaaaa! O God, Chicks!

O.k. I am 6'2 , dark, handsome, But I nag, I am selfish, vindictive and snore, you still wanna switch? LOooooool.

Better start being very nice to him. knowing women you probably treat him funny cos yoou think you deserve better.

Funny girl.  grin grin

Don't be scared, your children won't be pygmies!
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by kcblast(m): 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2010
oh u want tall like a tree guys embarassed.
i will advise u to take him than to make selections that will  ruin u soon .
selections are dissappointive undecided
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 13, 2010
Strangely, a lot of the guys on here scolding the OP for having reservations about dating a shorter guy, are the same ones that swore they would not date a taller woman, in the thread "would you date a shorter guy"? This thread was to the ladies, though guys did chime in.

It's clear the lady here is not 100% committed to her man, otherwise the question of what family / friends would think of her dating a shorter guy wouldn't arise. And there's nothing wrong with her not being comfortable dating / marrying a shorter guy, that's her choice, so she can hardly be scolded for having reservations. Everyone has a choice, you can't use your preferences / taste to alter someone else's perception as to what works for them.

Lacrissa, as I said before, only you can decide what's right for you. It's not good getting married to a guy you're not 100% committed to, if you're worried about what others think of your choice, and this leads you to ask the opinion of faceless people on a discussion board, I can see issues cropping up in the future, which may in turn lead you to resent your man.

Good luck!
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by daduke2k(m): 7:59am On Apr 13, 2010
And mr siena has spoken. . . . . . .lovely morn, huh?
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2010
@poster, sori if i sound the way i do
should i say "U DONT KNOW WAT U WANT"
u sound too fake, the major tins one wants in a relationship
is found in this guy, ur are here talkin of hieght difference
i tink u need to grow up, hw old are u, 15?
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by muggle(m): 10:27am On Apr 13, 2010
"Lacrissa, as I said before, only you can decide what's right for you. It's not good getting married to a guy you're not 100% committed to, if you're worried about what others think of your choice, and this leads you to ask the opinion of faceless people on a discussion board, I can see issues cropping up in the future, which may in turn lead you to resent your man."

Gbam!
OP should take the above very serious. Do not manage what you cannot live with.
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by emeka29: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2010
short or tall, what eveybody is praying for is the right person. meanwhile u r short too from ur definition and yet u r considered pretty. what am saying is that the content of a man remains irrespective of his height. after all AKI AND PAWPAW later married. could ur guy be shorter?
Re: Please People Don't Crucify Me, Pls Advise Me by Odunnu: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2010
emeka29:
meanwhile u r short too from your definition and yet u r considered pretty.
I dnt knw d parts whr u are bt here whr I am a gal 5.7 in height aint short abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Listen To My Story Ohhh: Pls Help. / Is It Right For Me To Go To Her Wedding ? / Women, Why Are You All Confused?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.