Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested (13913 Views)

Cogent Reasons Why Kanu Must Die By Hanging And Tompolo Must Be Arrested / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Okupe: Critics Of Jonathan Are Silly Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by mamagee3(f): 12:04am On Apr 13, 2010
What the hell!
People are forgetting he's the Pope, Why is everyone blaming him like he's the one that assaulted the kids? sad
He probably had no idea the assault was occuring when he was an archbishop.
I wonder why people love blasphemy?
undecided
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Rastamann: 12:08am On Apr 13, 2010
Let he who has no sin cast the first stone. In stead of calling for the Pope's head, let us pray for the repentance of these "notorious" priest. To err is human to forgive is divine.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by eldee(m): 12:17am On Apr 13, 2010
Rastamann:

Let he who has no sin cast the first stone. In stead of calling for the Pope's head, let us pray for the repentance of these "notorious" priest. To err is human to forgive is divine.

That's the B.S that has made this continue in the Vatican for decades.
How can you protect a paedo and tell me to forgive you?? Because he's the pope??
What nonsense . . . do you guys think this is the 1300s or sumn??

The Pope is accused of covering a crime from the State, that's a crime, I'd be arrested for, why shouldn't he??
He should be a man and face a public trial like everyone else. It's called equality.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by mamagee3(f): 12:24am On Apr 13, 2010
^^Do you have proof that the Pope had any idea the assault was going on
or have you been listening to blasphemy being reported by the media?
undecided
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by eldee(m): 12:28am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Do you have proof that the Pope had any idea the assault was going on
or have you been listening to blasphemy being reported by the media?
undecided

Erm . . . there's little sumn adults talk about, it's called the Justice System.
If you're accused of a crime and you know you didn't do it, you're told to face a public trial.
You're innocent until proven guilty.

So if this Pappy guy wants to be a man, let him come to the UK and face trial, the same way I would if I were accused of covering information that could lead to Chamo's indictment for sleeping with you.
Do you get it now??
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Apr 13, 2010
eldee:

Erm . . . there's little sumn adults talk about, it's called the Justice System.
If you're accused of a crime and you know you didn't do it, you're told to face a public trial.
You're innocent until proven guilty.

So if this Pappy guy wants to be a man, let him come to the UK and face trial, the same way I would if I were accused of covering information that could lead to Chamo's indictment for sleeping with you.
Do you get it now??

Did you read your comments?. . . undecided
You expect a Pope who's almost a saint to come and face a public trial? undecided
Are you serious or are you just trying to play a late April Fool prank? undecided
Why should he face a trial when the Priest died years ago?
BTW, No Judge would ever look at the Case cause the assault happened decades ago. . .
The boys that were assaulted by the Priest are already Old men, most in their 50's. . .
And to think nobody is condemning the Priest who assaulted the boys instead everyone is soo quick to condemn a man of God who in all evidence had no idea the assault was going on as an archbishop. . .
Oh yeah, this is another attempt by the media to try making headlines and ratings by implicating the Pope in this issue. . .
For Christ's sake, Blame it on the dirty Paedophile who assaulted those boys and leave the innocent man of God to finish his mission in which he was ordained for.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

You expect a Pope who's almost a saint to come and face a public trial? undecided
Are you serious or are you just trying to play a late April Fool prank? undecided
BTW, No Judge would ever look at the Case cause the assault happened decades ago. . .
The boys that were assaulted by the Priest are already Old men, most in their 50's. . .
And to think nobody is condemning the Priest who assaulted the boys instead everyone is soo quick to condemn a man of God who in all evidence had no idea the assault was going on as an archbishop. . .
Oh yeah, this is another attempt by the media to try making headlines and ratings by implicating the Pope in this issue. . .
For Christ's sake, Blame it on the dirty Paedophile who assaulted those boys and leave the innocent man of God to finish his mission in which he was ordained for.

a saint?hav u asked urself must he hide info?lemme help out he may hav skeleton too hide.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by mamagee3(f): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2010
^^That skeleton shouldn't be presumed by unknown people like you. . .
Let those who are close to the Pope lay this accusation.
wink
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by eldee(m): 12:52am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

I know this information might be hard for you to digest, but every man is equal before the law.
[b]Saint, Imam, Clifford Orji, Santa Claus, Spiderman, everyone is equal before the law.
[/b]If he's innocent, then he'll go scot-free.

mama-gee:

Why should he face trial, because a crime is a crime no matter how far back it happened.
By your own logic, if someone found Hitler today, we should let him go because it happened years ago??
No judge will ever look at it?? That's for the CPS to decide.

mama-gee:

And to think nobody is condemning the Priest who assaulted the boys .

I don't know what you mean by 'nobody' but I know everyone I know has attacked the Priests that molest kids.

mama-gee:

instead everyone is soo quick to condemn a man of God who in all evidence had no idea the assault was going on as an archbishop. . .

That's your story, if these guys don't have any evidence, he'll go scot-free.
How hard is that??

mama-gee:

Innocent man of God that did not condemn the acts of his subordinates for decades?? Yeah right, innocent indeed.
No one is trying to kill anyone here, he is still innocent until proven guilty, if he goes on trial and is clean, we'll leave him to go back to the Vatican where he's God.
Besides, the Lord will help him escape from tribulations if he's a true servant of God. . . abi no be wetin Bible talk??
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Horus(m): 12:55am On Apr 13, 2010
This is just the tip of the iceberg. The Vatican and the Christian doctrine is nothing less than a license to commit crimes. It tells them they can commit every kind of despicable act and sin, even as Christian priests, continue to sexually molest young boys and girls, as long as they repent just before they die and believe that Jesus already took all their sins away when he died 2,000 years ago. So blatant is their attitude about child intimacy abuse and molestation that these priests have named their place of living and molestation as a 'seminary' and a 'rectory', alluding unashamedly to the rectum and the depositing of their semen.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by mamagee3(f): 12:56am On Apr 13, 2010
eldee:

Innocent man of God that did not condemn the acts of his subordinates for decades?? Yeah right, innocent indeed.
No one is trying to kill anyone here, he is still innocent until proven guilty, if he goes on trial and is clean, we'll leave him to go back to the Vatican where he's God.
Besides, the Lord will help him escape from tribulations if he's a true servant of God. . . abi no be wetin Bible talk??

Where is the Proof that he had any idea the assault was going on? undecided
Even the media who keeps talking about the Pope have no proof of this theory yet the pagans are still quick to label the Pope guilty.

Horus:

This is just the tip of the iceberg. The Vatican and the Christian doctrine is nothing less than a license to commit crimes. It tells them they can commit every kind of despicable act and sin, even as Christian priests, continue to sexually molest young boys and girls, as long as they repent just before they die and believe that Jesus already took all their sins away when he died 2,000 years ago. So blatant is their attitude about child intimacy abuse and molestation that these priests have named their place of living and molestation as a 'seminary' and a 'rectory', alluding unashamedly to the rectum and the depositing of their semen.

Watch your tongue Child, this statement was blasphemous. wink
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by eldee(m): 1:00am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Where is the Proof that he had any idea the assault was going on? undecided
Even the media who keeps talking about the Pope have no proof of this theory yet the pagans are still quick to label the Pope guilty.

I've told you, the proof is not for me to give to you.
That's why the court holds trials, there will be witnesses and exhibits from both sides.
He'll swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, he will be questioned and he will tell us the truth.

From now till then, he is innocent in the eyes of the law, all other people don't matter.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 13, 2010
@mama gee.u shuld advise ur pope to say somtn coz d more he act funny d more pple doubt he's faithfulness.anyway,if d pope n his crew appreciated why God created ur like,dis mess culd hav bin averted.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by chikend(m): 1:11am On Apr 13, 2010
pope!!, u don f**** up big tym
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by naijaking1: 1:52am On Apr 13, 2010
Horus:

In about 2000-3000 more years, muslims will become as civilized as present day christians, ie with all their acknowledged human frailities of today. Until then, I don't suppose anybody with a 6th century mentality should really criticize the open philosophies of christians in 2010. Christians criticize each other as way of improving certain doctrinal shortcomings; from Martin Luther King to John Smith, but muslims remain pre-historic because criticizims = death. Look me in the eyes, no yourself in the mirrow and honestly say that no muslim cleric has ever molested a child. You can't do that, because you're a liar by religion sad

Now, a little lesson about etymology: Seminary----is from seminar, or discussion group of ideas, seeds of ideas. Middle English has it as originating from seed or semen: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/seminary?&qsrc=

Rectory--- is from rector, or the priest's house, no where does it indicate or have any origin with rectum. It's middle Latin, and rectum is more like procto in latin. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rectory?&qsrc=
So where did you get all your convoluted and false word origins, or you just want to score a quick and cheap religious point, thereby giving away your own rectal inclinations? Dan gurugu, ne
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by flexshop(m): 1:53am On Apr 13, 2010
I hope u people realize that millions of troops are waitin to invade britain. tongue
Dat said, are y'all insane or something.
He is a man and should face the law 'my behind',
Yes this is the 21st century.so d*mn wat.
Atheists callin 4his arrest and y'al supportin,
When they r done wit the pope the wil pick on christian leaders 1 by 1.
We are indeed in the last days.mehn,tot it was a fairytale.
No one said scr*win kids good but the holyspirit wont lead his church into temptation.
Wit wat im seeing,dat makes the church only grow stronger.
Atheists,Get a life!!
tongue

On celibacy,no one puts a gun to ya head and tells ya to become a priest.so what the fuss huh?
If u dont like it,stay out.
Jesus called 12 not 12billion.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by zubeyr(m): 3:43am On Apr 13, 2010
In my view anyone covering a crime is accomplice and should be brought to justice whatever Cardinal Pastor Rabbi or Imam no one should be above the law people have realised way back in europe that countries can be built only on secular pronciples while Africans still wasting their times trying to be religious
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 13, 2010
@sagamite, no comments for now, count down started since, enyi nnwere ndu gi nyefe na aka chukwu, otu a i no so I kpowala utaba, o dikwa egwu. am not a religious person but i've never for once had any grudges for any religion and believe you me all these things I said will still hold so be ready to fight God.

@micheline, , last i checked that was the name of a tyre brand except itz changed, I've noticed you very well although ur profile picx isn't much appealin but i thnk i can manage but rit now am still busy

@debosky, me no dey send if you be moderator once i get infuriated na so I go dey fire dey go. o jighi kwem na onu.

@df, , I can't actually get that ur name but your first impression wasn't so interesting, am comming let me finish with the ogun priest that wants to challenge God with allthose bird feathers and nonsence incarntations.
I can understand u've been goin tru my prof, I neva knw i was so important like this but am so dissappointed is someone like you ie taking the stress i wish it were better people.I stay in village in enugu, do you have a better option for me like your house but your sister must be standby like a generator

@all, every religion, institution must have a time of evolution, it integrates enlightenment of itz participants to new developments which they have to merge for itz survival, so wen we do things we better follow it with a civilised mind, imagine the picture of a pope with handcuffs, it dosen't look like something ones eye should see or the mind should imagine, personally if that happens I'll snipe down who ever started it, and I'll defend an imam like this, a buddist, hindu, etc
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by IbrahimB: 4:01am On Apr 13, 2010
Why are you guys stressing yourselves out? In my opinion, this statement is no different from Wole Soyinka's statement that Orisa worshippers should be allowed to see Yar'adua - in other words it won't happen. It's just something some people wish to see happen but know won't happen. An empty call.

Unless, obviously, in the shocking, "news-breaking" scenario where new findings link the Pope himself to the perpetration of some of these acts.

Relax guys cool
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by esskay(m): 5:00am On Apr 13, 2010
hu, mm
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by aruzuoke(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2010
All they wanted was cheap publicity and they have gotten it. I once sued the pontiff will definitely beef up their legal profile. They can't do nada. Uk should thank their stars d Pope wants to honour them with a visit. Dawkins get busy wt another case cos u r bound to lose big time.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by tuborme: 8:22am On Apr 13, 2010
it is easier to arrest Gordon Brown in nigeria than arrest the Pope even in the USA. Read your history well and see what the Vatican city stands for in the world. It has the biggest number of followers than any other country in the world.

To arrest the pope, you have to arrest who he represents - God.

Please stop dreaming of arresting the pope. Try it and declare the 3rd and 4th world war.
I love and believe in the papacy. The most organised human comunity is the catholic church.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2010
ABOMINATION!!!! angry
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by agboifo(f): 9:00am On Apr 13, 2010
Begging your pardon because this is a long post.  It is an article written three weeks ago by former Italian Senate president.  He sees beyond the attacks against the Pope, warning Christians to "open their eyes" because there is more to it.

Marcello Pera is an Italian philosopher and politician. He was the President of the Italian Senate from 2001 to 2006.  In the wake of the allegations of priestly sexual abuse and the accusations of inaction on the part of Catholic Church authorities, he sent this article to the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.  In the article published on 19 March 2010, he argues that beneath the façade lies an ongoing battle between secularism and Christianity.  The abuses are only an excuse for this war.

----
The recent breaking news in Germany of paedophile or homosexual priests is a direct attack against the Pope.  It will be a serious mistake to think that the blame will not stick given the graveness of the matter.  It would be an even greater mistake if one thinks that the matter will blow over for good as happened in similar situations in the past.  This is different.

There is a war going on.  And this war is targeted not against the Pope himself per se, because that is impossible on this matter. This is because Benedict XVI has made himself impregnable thanks to his image, serenity, clarity and to his doctrine.  His gentle smile is enough to defeat an entire army of opponents.  No, the war is between secularism and Christianity.  The secularists know that if mud were splashed on the white robe, it would stain the church, and if the church is stained, so would the Christian religion.  That is why the secularists accompany their campaign with questions like, “Who will continue to bring children to the Church?” or “who will continue to send boys to Catholic schools?” or even, “who will cure our little children in a Catholic hospital or clinic?”

A few days ago, one such secularist completely missed the point by writing that “the extent of the spread of sexual abuse of children by priests undermines the very legitimacy of the Catholic Church as the guarantor of the education of minors”.  To this writer, it does not seem to matter that this is a judgement that has no foundation in reality, because the so-called “extent of the spread” is a vague term.  What percentage of priests are paedophiles?  One, Ten percent?  All of them?  It does not also seem to matter that the statement is devoid of logic. One only need to replace the word “priest” with “teacher”, “politicians”, or “journalists” in order to undermine the legitimacy of public schools, the senate or of the newspaper.  What matters to such persons is to make insinuations even at the cost of using coarse arguments.  Priests are paedophiles therefore the Church has no moral authority… therefore Catholic education is dangerous… therefore Christianity is a fraud and a danger!

The battle is pitched between secularism and Christianity.  To find a simile, one must cast his mind back to Nazism and communism. The medium has changed but the end remains the same.  Today, just like yesterday, they ardently desire the destruction of religion.  The price Europe paid for this destructive fury was its own freedom.  And it is incredible that Germany while still beating its bosom in remembrance of the price it inflicted on all of Europe (which today has become democratic) seem today to have forgotten so soon.  Germany now does not seem to understand that democracy itself will be lost if Christianity is erased. The destruction of religion leads to the destruction of reason.  Nowadays it will not be triumph of secular reason but the introduction of a new barbarism.

On the ethical plane, it is the barbarism of those who kill the foetus because its life will be detrimental to the “mental health” of the mother.  They are the ones who say that an embryo is a “blob of cells” suitable for experiments.  They are those who kill an old person because he no longer has a family to care for him.  They are the ones who hasten the death of the child because it is no longer conscious and is incurable; who believe that “parent A” and “parent B” is equivalent to “father” and “mother”; who think that faith is like the tail bone, a body organ that is no longer participating in the evolutionary process because Erect and Independently standing man no longer needs a tail.  And so on.
On the other hand, considering the political angle of this secularist war against Christianity, barbarism will lead to the destruction of Europe.  This is because once you destroy Christianity, the end result is multi-culturalism, which believes that each group has a right to its own cultures; Relativism, which says that one culture is as good as the other; Pacifism, which denies the existence of evil or maintains that rhetorical and irresponsible Europe does not need to have its own identity, but should rather be a container of all identifies.  After all these claim, they go into Strasbourg Cathedral to exclaim: “Now we need the Christian soul of Europe”.

This war against Christianity would not be so dangerous if Christians understood what was going on.  Instead a great majority of them live in incomprehension.  Theologians are frustrated by the intellectual supremacy of Benedict XVI.  There are unsure bishops who believe that compromising with modernity is the best way to update the Christian message.  There are cardinals suffering a crisis of faith who are beginning to suggest that priestly celibacy is not a dogma and that it would perhaps be better to reconsider it.  There are plush Catholic intellectuals who think that there is a feminine question within the Church and an unresolved problem between Christianity and sexuality.  There are Episcopal conferences that being out of touch with daily realities, adopt an “open door” policy with everyone, and yet lack the courage to denounce the aggressions and humiliations which Christians suffer by being continually brought to the dock and forced to defend their cause.  Or those senators who show off a beautiful homosexual foreign affairs minister, while at the same time attacking the Pope on every ethical issue; or those born in the west who think that the west must be secular i.e. anti-Christian.

The secularist war will continue.  If for nothing else, because a Pope like Benedict XVI who smiles but does not shrink an iota feeds it.  If however one understands why he does not yield, one would then take up the battle without sitting back to await the next shot. Whoever limits himself only to showing solidarity with the Pope, is either someone who enters the Garden of Olives at night and secretly or is yet to understand what is going on.

--Marcello Pera
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by chakula: 9:07am On Apr 13, 2010
You xtians should go and rest since it was decleared that the pop himself can not escape from arresting in current nation that he is know.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 13, 2010
The recent breaking news in Germany of paedophile or homosexual priests is a direct attack against the Pope.  It will be a serious mistake to think that the blame will not stick given the graveness of the matter.  It would be an even greater mistake if one thinks that the matter will blow over for good as happened in similar situations in the past.  This is different.

The false doctrine of not allowing priests to marry is the primary cause of this sexual depravity that has hit the catholic church in recent decades

Yes and No.

Yes, because the crazy leftists, liberal and atheist thinkers are looking for every opportunity to discredit religion and Christianity in particular. The pope instead of Christ is seen as the visible figure of the church and therefore an attack on him could destroy the moral standing of the church.

No, because the pope is not the head of the church, Jesus Christ is. Also the recent revelations are true and need to be dealt with in an honest and responsible fashion such that the world is satisfied that justice has been served.

Priests are paedophiles therefore the Church has no moral authority… therefore Catholic education is dangerous… therefore Christianity is a fraud and a danger!

Again moral authority does not reside in the pope. He is a mere man like you and I and is therefore in truth subject to the same human frailties.To suggest that the moral authority of the church rests on the pope is untruth ! Only God is perfect , moral authority belongs to him.

The battle is pitched between secularism and Christianity

Agree

Also Christianity cannot be wiped out , it is founded on Christ , on a ROCK, it is here forever.

I believe like you do that Christianity is under attack but in a way it is healthy , because it awakens people to reality and encourages them to take a step in the right direction.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by igboboy1(m): 9:18am On Apr 13, 2010
mama-gee:

What the hell!
People are forgetting he's the Pope, Why is everyone blaming him like he's the one that assaulted the kids? sad
He probably had no idea the assault was occuring when he was an archbishop.
I wonder why people love blasphemy?
undecided

I dont know why people put the Pope on a pedestal, For all I know I cant vouch for him that he hasnt touched any boy back in his earlier days, He was a secret Nazi sympathizer,

Priests, Imams, pastors or what not are human beings like us for christ sake, Dem dey shiiiit like us, dey drink water and dey get feelings (abi body na fire wood?)

Well being in the free world people cna criticisze him, (this is not an islamic republic where when u criticize one holy man or prophet then they issue fatwa on your head)/.//he should take it like a man, angry
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by ayettymama(f): 9:22am On Apr 13, 2010
when atheists are atheists they are hardcore

they dont like anything to do with jesus and wont rest untill the whole church is locked up

people should know by now richard is not to be taken seriously

whats his business?? is that the only crime commityed in another countr he has seen??

what of the 9 yr olds married to old men in afghanistan? isnt that a crime against humanity?

monkey!
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Dominoifet(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2010
@t0kunb0

:did d pope know about these incidents b4 now?has he denied knowledge?did he hold back info as a cover-up?is any "good person" allowed to do "bad" and still technically remain "good"?Moses did killed Egyptian. . . but i guess he was man enough to admit it. David was even worse

Don't ever compare Moses, David, even Mohammad with the Papacy.
Mohammad did nt despoil a minor, he married a minor pronto and it was not recorded that he was on a crusade of series of despoil. I'm saying this as a christian and not muslim

Search history the papacy his dated long BC. They r bunch of idolaters that engage in wild orgies and Bleep and their priest don't get married. It is their ritual. It was Constantine after the battle of cathage he claimed he saw the cross bla bla bla. That they should stop killing d cristians and they fused christianity with their worship of the image of mother and child (Nimrod child and semiramis mother). Nimrod grew up to later have sex with his mother(semiramis). Nimrod was born 25th Dec u can take it from their-xmas. Origin of semiramis is not known whether she was born of man, no mother no father. Nimrod father was not documented. So u have xmas. X stands for unknown which they now convert to Christmas. Replacing X with Christ and Christ as Nimrod, and Mary with semiramis. , u know that song- Mary born child Jesus Christ was born on Christmas day na lie.

The Christians who didn't agree to the fusion of Constantine r known as the protestant that upheld the doctrine of the just shall live by Faith.

Catholic came up with crazy, deceptive, self-gratifying doctrine called purgatory which was never preached by Christ. Jesus talked about Hell 11 times and heaven only ones, to warn us about the danger of hell. And he never talked about purgatory. (Maybe Jesus omitted that because he was in a hurry to round up the sermon of three years)

Now catholics come to tell us they r christians, how?. Christians means follwers of Christ and not followers of Mary or Mother and child. Purgatory my monkey as$

Catholics = Charlatans /=/ Christians

They r liars always been living in lies, deceiving the pple. But my pity goes out to those born in d religion who never for one day questioned it and yet they r educated.

The pope will definately cover up his priest but for the sake of outward appearance and pressure from pple, he issued a statement that they should report the 'erring' priests to civil authorities.

He should be arrested in Britain.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 13, 2010
ayettymama:

when atheists are atheists they are hardcore

they dont like anything to do with jesus and wont rest untill the whole church is locked up

people should know by now richard is not to be taken seriously

whats his business?? is that the only crime commityed in another countr he has seen??

what of the 9 yr olds married to old men in afghanistan? isnt that a crime against humanity?

monkey!

Precisely my point and which is why many Christians in the west are under immense pressure because of political correctness.

Richard Dawkins and co are confirmed FOOLs !

They never mention the state sanctioned paedophilia in many middle eastern and African countries. But when it comes to Christianity they get their blazing guns out.

In a way it is good because God might be using these misguided souls to cleanse the church, on the other hand it could discourage young christians from pursuing a path of truth in their lives.
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Dominoifet(m): 9:29am On Apr 13, 2010
@Okoro2015:The Pope is the successor of ST. Peter who was directly commissioned by Christ Himself to lead his Flock. It follows therefore, that the Vatican's sovereingty is "exceptional". Which other Naton has Indigent Citizens in all the Nations of the earth? Any Country that Touches the Pope has declared war on the body of Christ. No amount of idle intimidation can stop the Mother Church from upholding it's deep rooted traditions. The call by these remote atheists is a bluff which should be ignored. If there is a Judas in just twelve disciples of Jesus, How do we expect the Pope to control millions of priests worldwide.

U have been deluded
Re: Critics Call For The Pope To Be Arrested by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 13, 2010
The Pope is the successor of ST. Peter who was directly commissioned by Christ Himself to lead his Flock. It follows therefore, that the Vatican's sovereingty is "exceptional".

Total rubbish.

The pope is successor to nobody.

He is not the head of the church, he is not the moral compass of the church, he is a mere man.

It is because of this false tendency to potray priests and nuns as holy in a false way, that has led to these unecessary scandals.

Ephesians 5 :
", 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

David Oloyelogun Emerges New Speaker Of Ondo House Of Assembly / Nnamdi Kanu Releases Seven States That Will Form Biafra, Reveals System Of Gover / DSS Withholds El-Zakzaky, Wife’s Passports, Stops Foreign Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.