Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion (2493 Views)

Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven / Christian Religion denomination That accepts And support Homosexuality(LGBTQIA) / What Is The Judgement Of Islamic And Christian Religion On Incision (gbere) In Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by 0temSapien: 8:47pm On May 19, 2018
Hmm... I like this subject matter
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by johnydon22(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Seun. Lalasticlala .. There is a thread in the front page that reflects the premise of this thread. Please move to the right section.
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by HardMirror(m): 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
johnydon22:

On the admonition of the Holy spirit he went down and burnt the village shrine.

His congregation sang songs of praise, they hailed both God and pastor for a job well done as the blazing fire ate everything.

"If their God is powerful, why didn't he stop his shrine from going up in flames?"
Pastor boasted to a jeering crowd who laughed and clapped at his remark.

Getting back to the church premises, it has been razed to the ground. Some group of Jihadists had thrown a bomb into the complex and everything was destroyed.

"Oh they are persecuting us" The pastor moaned "We are facing tribulations for Christ"

the crowd behind him cried and prayed to God, their heart firmly resolved to take on the persecution for the sake of Christ.

None of them asked the same question "if our God was powerful, why didn't he stop the church from getting blown up"

No, this is different to them, this is persecution.

Jesus fought against hypocrites all his life, then created the greatest hypocrites the world have known after going back to heaven.

The Irony and hypocrisy of Christianity

i wonder why topics like this dont make it to the front page.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by HardMirror(m): 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
johnydon22:
Seun. Lalasticlala .. There is a thread in the front page that reflects the premise of this thread. Please move to the right section.
my thread asking if it is right for christians to do IVF never made it to front page yet a copycat thread came after some days and did. Later the christians here wld scream to high heavens that seun is against them. Not know he is actually protecting them from a lot of topics that would have exposed their hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by Ubenedictus(m): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
johnydon22:

On the admonition of the Holy spirit he went down and burnt the village shrine.

His congregation sang songs of praise, they hailed both God and pastor for a job well done as the blazing fire ate everything.

"If their God is powerful, why didn't he stop his shrine from going up in flames?"
Pastor boasted to a jeering crowd who laughed and clapped at his remark.

Getting back to the church premises, it has been razed to the ground. Some group of Jihadists had thrown a bomb into the complex and everything was destroyed.

"Oh they are persecuting us" The pastor moaned "We are facing tribulations for Christ"

the crowd behind him cried and prayed to God, their heart firmly resolved to take on the persecution for the sake of Christ.

None of them asked the same question "if our God was powerful, why didn't he stop the church from getting blown up"

No, this is different to them, this is persecution.

Jesus fought against hypocrites all his life, then created the greatest hypocrites the world have known after going back to heaven.

that is certainly hypocrisy
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by johnydon22(m): 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ubenedictus:
that is certainly hypocrisy

Thank you. It certainly is.
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
HardMirror:
i wonder why topics like this dont make it to the front page.

Seun ooo !!!
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by hopefulLandlord: 8:39am On Feb 05, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by hahn(m): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2019
ScienceWatch:
Satanic sickly Vultures will circle here now to eat the flesh of the greatest man to have walked on this forsaken planet. Damn, Atheism is really a sick joke played on humanity by the father of insanity.

One of the psychological symptoms of insanity is DENIAL of truth. Denial is a common bond that binds all Atheists together.
The words,

Jesus and God are like powerful FLAKKA drugs to Atheists. When Atheists sniff out the words Jesus or God, they start frothing in the mouth and start to signal their gang to come and rip those words apart.

This madness is the main reason for the large drop in decent new recruits into Atheism. The criminally minded will obviously continue to embrace Atheism till they had enough of the many sexual attacks on them in prisons.

Guy how far? You still dey?

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by SarcasticMe(m): 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
johnydon22:

Totally steered off the premise I raised
The guy schooled you and you accuse him of veering off point.
He points out your lack of understanding of the Christian faith, but you remain headstrong on using your biased analogy to represent a belief you don't understand.

2 Likes

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by johnydon22(m): 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
SarcasticMe:

He points out your lack of understanding of the Christian faith, but you remain headstrong on using your biased analogy to represent a belief you don't understand.

Lol. Ok
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by MuttleyLaff: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2019
johnydon22:
Lol. Ok
I have to concur without demur with SarcasticMe that you had your butt whooped by candidseeker, that you then had to accuse him veering of the point

The futility of your "if our God was powerful, why didn't he stop the church from getting blown up" remark. Do you at all know what in 70 AD, happened to Jerusalem and the temple?

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by Atewo400(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
SarcasticMe:

this thing u just said demonstrating another level of hypocrisy doesn't it sound silly to u

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by Martinez39(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
SarcasticMe:

Johnydon22 that is schooling atheists like me is who you are claiming your re7arded creationist hippie is schooling.

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by johnydon22(m): 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I have to concur without demur with SarcasticMe that you had your butt whooped by candidseeker, that you then had to accuse him veering of the point

The futility of your "if our God was powerful, why didn't he stop the church from getting blown up" remark. Do you at all know what in 70 AD, happened to Jerusalem and the temple?

Lmao. But ok.
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by MuttleyLaff: 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
johnydon22:
Lmao. But ok.
Good, now thank you, answer the 70 AD question please

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by budaatum: 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2019
johnydon22:

Jesus did not, in any way, "created the greatest hypocrites the world have known after going back to heaven"! Same way no book told anyone to boko haram anybody!

Some become hypocrites all by themselves, and despite Jesus teaching them not to become 'crites and being nailed to a piece of plank Eloi Lama Sabachthani Eloi so they wouldn't, to boot!

It's not the road that is bad. Some just miss it, or are wearing the wrong boots or just drag their foots as they walk along it. And some just are on deluded roads.
Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by SarcasticMe(m): 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
Atewo400:

this thing u just said demonstrating another level of hypocrisy doesn't it sound silly to u
When a silly person speaks, I doubt he'd sound silly to himself. Point out my hypocrisy and silliness please.

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by GoodMuyis(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
What a Joke,

Lalasticlala move this to joke section grin

1 Like

Re: Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion by triplechoice(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2019
I can see that some persons have missed the point of the op by focusing on the scenario used in the introduction. The concern here is on the hypocrisy and irony of the Christian faith. At the moment I would like to think that the problem is from its adherents and not the religion itself

Some of my Christian friends and close family members derive a kind of Pleasure in jumping into conclusions that the reason for some of my personal challenges is because I don't tithe. That I am robbing God. I You can imagine such insensitivity coming from people you are supposed to trust not to behave that way. But the irony is that tithing has not giving them any immunity from having their own challenges too. During such times I am usually the own they can rely on to bail them out and I try as much possible not bring up the issue of tithe while offering my assistance.

Not learning anything from this or maybe due to habit they always fall back to warning me of the consequences of not tithing Sometimes, I ask myself,Is it that some persons have been robbed of their senses that can no longer see the truth?

Recently the vice president was involved in an helicopter crash and was lucky to escape. The explanation was that enemies or the devil has some plans but prayers by powerful men of God averted what would have been a disaster . I say, thank God for that!. But suppose the vice was not a Christian I am sure the reaction or explanation would have been, 'God is warming him to change his ways' or God is not happy with they way the have managed the economy 'and if he doesn't change what happened to Abacha would befall him'

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thank God For Broke Christians & Rich Unbelievers / God Is Using Nigerian Pastors (oyedepo, Oyakhilome Etc ) To Punish Nigerians / Nicki Minaj, Beyonce And The Cult Of Demon Possession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.