Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding (2456 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / Not Ambitious, Wants Bride Price Paid Before I Travel; Am I Selfish To End It ? / How Much Is Bride's Price In Nigeria?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by thebest1210(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please, I want to know if Bride price is paid during introduction or during traditional wedding. Because, I plan to do my introduction soon, before traditional wedding (months after). Want to know the right thing to do.
Thanks
Re: Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by stnkembu(m): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Introduction... first.
Bride price ...2nd
Traditional wedding... 3rd

Or u can merge the bride price and traditional wedding.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by MrBottle: 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2018
You have to ask your people first not nairaland. Every tribe has their way of doing marriage rites.

Like in Igbo culture...what the hell is introduction? We have iku aku n' uzo ( knocking at the door) which maybe loosely translated to 'introduction' in some culture, iju ese, ime ego, igbankwu......
Ask your people
Re: Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by thebest1210(m): 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2018
stnkembu:
Introduction... first.
Bride price ...2nd
Traditional wedding... 3rd

Or u can merge the bride price and traditional wedding.

Thanks for the response.
I'm planning on traveling. Will be away for 2-3 years. But, don't have enough for traditional wedding. Hence, was thinking, if I can pay the bride Price and do the introduction together.
Is it possible?

P. S. I'm an igbo man from Enugu state.
Re: Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by stnkembu(m): 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2018
Use one stone to kill 2 birds... Pay for the bride price, settle the umunna same day, invite more friend on that day, and forget about the trad.

thebest1210:

Thanks for the response.
I'm planning on traveling. Will be away for 2-3 years. But, don't have enough for traditional wedding. Hence, was thinking, if I can pay the bride Price and do the introduction together.
Is it possible?

P. S. I'm an igbo man from Enugu state.
Re: Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by wonderfulperson(f): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2018
This's a question you should be asking your father, in his absence your uncle or other advanced family members, but since you are asking it here;

It depends on the culture of your fiancee,some villages can monetize all that is on the list(you collect the list on the day of the intro, pay in cash equivalent of those items)this is the only way i believe it will be possible if you want to do it same day of the intro. Aside that you can do it same day of the trad too,when you must have bought stuffs on the list, but that means you and your people have to go on time in order to finish up the marital rites before the trad starts latter.
Re: Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by thebest1210(m): 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2018
wonderfulperson:
This's a question you should be asking your father, in his absence your uncle or other advanced family members, but since you are asking it here;

It depends on the culture of your fiancee,some villages can monetize all that is on the list(you collect the list on the day of the intro, pay in cash equivalent of those items)this is the only way i believe it will be possible if you want to do it same day of the intro. Aside that you can do it same day of the trad too,when you must have bought stuffs on the list, but that means you and your people have to go on time in order to finish up the marital rites before the trad starts latter.

Thanks alot for this info
Re: Is Bride Price Paid During Introduction Or During Traditional Wedding by sisisioge: 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
grin grin grin

I hope you aren't planning the whole thing alone. Surely the elders following you know when the dowry is required grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Did You Join Nairaland And What Amount Of Time Have You Spent Online / Good Mattress; Kindly Recommend / I Want To Go Back To Nigeria!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.