Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (2486 Views)

Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) / About our trip to the Lekki Conservation Center, Lekki. / A Nairalander Visits Ado Awaye Suspended Lake In Oyo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by zillonnair(m): 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2018
So after a seeing a post here by a nairalander on his visit to the only suspended lake in Africa, i and some of my group members decided to embark on the journey.

We were 20 in number and hired a coaster bus at the rate of 90k. We shared the cost at 4500 each. We assembled at 6am and took off by 7am. Loaded the bus with the drinks and off we went.

We took the Abeokuta part and it was a blessing i found out about the road early enough because we were able to make Ado Awaye in about 3hrs and 30mins; we arrived Ado Awaye at about 11am. Going through Iseyin, after Ibadan would have taken us over 4 to 5 hours.

Upon arriving at the Ado Awaye, we asked to be taken to a local restaurant, where we first ate amala and semo with bush meat. Trust me, it was lovely.

Then we went back, ready to climb. We met one of the officials who was in charge of the lake. He asked for 1500 per person. After so much pleading and negotiation, he eventually collected 500 each from us. Apparently because we were much...

Then we set up to climb...at first it looked easy but after few steps then it became really exhaustive...there over 300 steps to get to the very top. After about 200 steps you can see the whole city from the mountain. Beautiful view i must say.

it takes approximately 45mins to climb to the very top but the feeling you get when you finally make it is exhilarating...

Oh we took pictures, many...in fact much more pictures...too many pictures...the ladies wont stop having their selfies and snapchat.
Then we went further and saw the lake itself, the elephant tree and we started a party because we had gone with a Bluetooth speaker. We danced and had a jolly good time by the lake.

We left and began to descend from 2:30pm. Legs started to wobble...actually tough to descend on mountains as well...if you are not a regular. We got down and continued with our groove, had some more drinks. By 3:30pm we set out to return to Lagos.

The fun in the bus is another story altogether but finally we arrived Lagos at 7:15pm.

Thank you for reading...you can find us on facebook.com/backpackerslagos or instagram.com/backpackerslagos

Backpackers Lagos is a tourism and adventure group...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by zillonnair(m): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2018
more pictures

Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by nazzyon(m): 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2018
Beautiful

LALASTICA

we need this at the front page.... Lets show the world the beauty in Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2018
nazzyon:
Beautiful
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by swizy: 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
Wow! Wish I was part of this trip. The pictures alone got me wishing. Oh well, waiting patiently for the next trip/destination.
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by HighBK: 6:22am On Jan 16, 2018
Nice one. When is your next trip?
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by dunknny(m): 7:16am On Jan 16, 2018
Awesome africa... awesome backpackers
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by 1stWendy: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2018
Amazing! Nigeria sure has what it takes to be a tourism destination� and oh I wish I went on this trip�
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by ichommy(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2018
Adorable wink
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by PetrCech: 9:04am On Jan 16, 2018
Wonderful location, stunning pictures, well organized. Backpackers rocks!
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by zillonnair(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
nazzyon:
Beautiful

LALASTICA

we need this at the front page.... Lets show the world the beauty in Africa

Yes oh, shouldn't be all gloom and dark about Africa all the time
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by zillonnair(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2018
HighBK:
Nice one. When is your next trip?

Follow us on facebook to get regular info.

www.facebook.com/backpackerslagos
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by GabrielAragon: 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2018
Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa is now the most adventurous and exciting thing i have ever been a part of, so much lessons to learn from mother nature, so much adventure and so much history in Africa to explore, and with Backpackers Lagos, i plan to see it all.
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2018
indeed nigeria is a land of beauty but those who rule us are yet to realise this....
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by gnykelly(m): 8:33am On Jan 17, 2018
wow. that's nice. I guess that's a white man over there. did he partook in the amala Thing.
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by PetrCech: 8:54am On Jan 17, 2018
gnykelly:
wow. that's nice. I guess that's a white man over there. did he partook in the amala Thing.
Indeed! I swallowed amala with my bare hands smiley It's my favorite ball food.
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by gnykelly(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2018
PetrCech:

Indeed! I swallowed amala with my bare hands smiley It's my favorite ball food.

lovely.
Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by zillonnair(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2018
Who wants to go Ghana?

Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by zillonnair(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
We will be doing this trip again this year...who wants to come along?

Re: Our Trip To Ado Awaye - The Only Suspended Lake In Africa by davodyguy: 11:28am On Jan 03, 2019
zillonnair:
We will be doing this trip again this year...who wants to come along?
Can I drive my car behind you same day?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Living In Zambia Can You Share Your Experience / Anyone Here Living In Zurich, Switzerland? / Nigerian Mega Churches Stir Tourism In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.