Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? (34726 Views)

My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by adewaleturner(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bcus he knows how bad he is grin
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by delors(m): 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
He knows his brothers...and his brothers know him. Obey your husband dear woman. There is a reason I don't want my two younger brothers to stay with a relative whose house if full of young girls...I know my brothers.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by chieni(f): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
phemmyfour:
Auntie.....stop hugging
lol
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by snazzyjay(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
Preciousgirl:
He doesn't want me get close to his own blood brothers
he even gets angry when I talk about them
he only says I greet them, nothing else, no hug, not even talk about them

Please is this behavior of my husband normal??
for how long have you both been married and do you have issues (kids) for him yet?
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by okerekeikpo: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
If he goes too close to them now u will still complain that he is giving his brothers all his money, women don't know what they want pls don't listen to her
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
I guess he doesn't trust his brother's , when it comes to women issue.....Like ma own guy wil tel me he cant entrust me with his own younger brother, when he use to say dat initially i usually get angry with him dat he doesn't trust me...But as i'm now vry close to d family ma dear" i now understand better". So ma dear he might have a vry gud reason 4 dat.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Haywhylee(m): 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
woman are desperate the man doing this must surely knows the type of wife he have.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by dview001(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
olosho just say u. want to Bleep his brothers .... loose b*tch
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Mrkumareze(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
Obey him, he will certainly let you know his reasons. I guess it's for the safety of your marriage so fear not.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Kkbugatti(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
Madam if you know what is good for you don't take all of the advice you see here because some of them are from unmarried teen who don't know when they will possibly get married talk more of taking care of a woman, so be reasonable in what ever you do because marriage is not a relationship you just stand up and get over with, it's like a tattoo on your body not easy to clean.
As for the issue on ground i believe your husband is just trying to protect you from something he feels is bad ( what a husband see while sitting a wife can't even while climb her small stool in her kitchen).
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by bedspread: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
Preciousgirl:

Very Normal... He might be shielding you from something
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by stanliwise(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
gazilion:
Please, just follow what he tells you to do and pray. Do not read unnecessary meanings to avoid High blood pressure and don't go trying to find out what will later hurt you. Pray and do as he tells you. Like that, the peace in your home will be maintained. If you do otherwise, and lose your peace and home...you will regret o...
is she not his wife. He who has nothing to hide, has nothing to fear.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by pretty16(f): 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
Preciousgirl:

When u get too close for comfort, most times it brings insult. Maybe that's what he is avoiding. He would know his ppl more than you. So my sister I suggest u listen to him.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Tunenez(m): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
He is either very insecure or there's something sinister about his brothers he can't tell you yet
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by AreaFada2: 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
Preciousgirl:

My dear by now you should already know a few things about his siblings:
Has he only brothers or sisters too?
What is the chemistry between him & his siblings? Were they the ever close? Anything to suggest that he resents them?
Is there envy between them?

Did he properly introduce you to his brothers before you married him?
Are the brothers married? If yes how does he think is appropriate for you relate to their wives?

Are their parents (PILs) still alive?

There are probably good reasons for his stand. Especially if your hubby is not naturally the possessive type.

Could it be that one of them snatched a gf from him in the past and the others sided with the snatcher?

Some NLers claim he has something to hide. But that may not be true. Maybe for reasons best known to him he has decided to relate with his brothers only superficially.
Be patient. But try to maintain a cordial relationship with your in-laws when you see them. Be particularly nice to their kids if they have.

We know are families better. Respect his position.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by lekzman: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
There is nothing wrong with that. But, if you are confuse please ask him. Remember we all have screet. Do not destroy your home

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by issylarry(m): 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
Preciousgirl:

Maybe He's trying to help you maintain your integriry or He's brother di*k no know bustop
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Originalsly: 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hmmmm.....nothing new. Lot's wife wanted to know...she turned into a pillar of salt.... you want to know... maybe you'll turn into a pillar of diamond....or ehmmm....dust.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
Preciousgirl:

Maybe his brothers are more handsome or he's feeling insecure because of your alluring beauty. You can not blame the guy. We see a lot of strange happenings these days, which are already a commonplace . Many times had I heard that brother inlaws got their brothers' wives pregnant. He may be acting based on what is happening in our society where promiscuity is the order of the day
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by babzlim(m): 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
U really need to go ask your mother - law questions before things get out of hand.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by makky555(f): 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
He is occultic sad
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by exlinklodge: 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
maybe he knows you are loose

please what work were u doing before you met him?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by biblegirl: 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
Then get close to his sisters
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by molas02: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
hope he love and care for u? if he does whats ur headache abt his bro but if otherwise there is fire on the mountain
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by KanwuliaExtra: 12:11am On Jan 18, 2018
Why should you be close to ANY member of his family? undecided
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by chuks34(m): 12:19am On Jan 18, 2018
Did you marry him or his brothers
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by egeoffery: 12:22am On Jan 18, 2018
Ad time goes on, you will get to know the reason behind his instruction.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by lonelydora: 1:31am On Jan 18, 2018
Preciousgirl:

That I can vouch he doesn't

Be humble and learn...you will go far in life. Don't ever vouch for men. He has a secret definitely.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 18, 2018
Op there's nothing wrong with your husband's decision. He's protecting you from his family, especially his possibly Randy brothers.

As for me, my man won't be that close to my family, my parents are late already, but other extended families, hell no!

Have told him already. He was like why? I said too much storm lies underneath that calm water you are seeing. It's a long deep story. Just accept my decision in good faith. I only want the best for u. Let it rest biko

And he let the matter rest.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by judgedredd22(m): 1:38am On Jan 18, 2018
Diamond23:
[color=#770077][/color] Y nt ask him his reasons for such behaviour?. Kindly find out from him if he z normal ND tell us!

Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by urbighead: 5:10am On Jan 18, 2018
Justanodadude:

Wait are you really asking us ........ you married him !!!!! undecided

When I first saw the topic, I was guessing she was an orphan with no family trace or a runaway child who forgot her roots.
Re: My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? by forayfleo(m): 5:10am On Jan 18, 2018
Not at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Wakes Her Husband Up With N500k On His Birthday (Photos) / When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. / He Hit Me, He Regrets It, I Deserved It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.