Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo (2670 Views)

Becareful Of Scammers On Nairaland !!!!! / List Of Scammers Phone Number In Nigeria. / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by axeman85(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2010
IMAGINE I GOT THIS EMAIL NOW A FEW MINUTES AGO OOO. IMAGINE PERSON WAN MAGA MEE!!!!

From Miss Sara Mohammad.Monday, April 12, 2010 12:32 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Sara Mohammad" <s_mohamad2010@btinternet.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: undisclosed-recipientsFrom Miss Sara Mohammad.
City: Abidjan.

Hello Dear,
With profound respect and humble submission, I got your contact i got http://www.nairaland.com and I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this mail which I know and believe by the faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health. My name is Miss Sara Mohammad, I am the only Daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs Ammar Mohammed. My father was a highly reputable business magnet who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.
It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on the 20th May 2009. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of mine who travelled with him at that time. But GOD knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 6yrs old, and since then my father took me so special.

Before the death of my father on May 2009 last year, he called me and informed me that he has the sum of Six Million, Five Hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$6,500,000.00) he deposited in a private Bank here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire. He told me that he deposited the money in my name, and also gave me all the necessary legal documents regarding to this deposit with the Bank.

I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an honest and GOD fearing partner overseas who I can transfer this money with his assistance and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convinient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world,

I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions:
1. Can you honestly help me from your heart?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the fund has being transfeered to your account and i come over to meet you ?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter.
Anticipating hearing from you soon
Thanks and may God bless you for your concern to help an orphan like me.
Kind Regards,
Miss Sara Mohammad.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by dominique(f): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2010
that's like one of the oldest tricks in the book. the scammer must be an [b]I[/b]DIOT for thinking anyone will fall for this

mods should move this thread to the appropriate section
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by KunleA2(m): 1:03am On Apr 13, 2010
E don tire me o. I get an average of 4-5 of such email weekly. My question is that why are some Nigerians such dubious to the core. These guys are ruining this good thing here called Nairaland. I have registered in a lot of other sites and don't get quite as much as the amount of scam email (if i get any) than i get logging on to Nairaland.

Always needing help to move millions of $$$$ cos someone was after them or somebody died with millions in their account.  angry

I hope we shouldn't complain when the oyibos deal with us everywhere we go. 
undecided
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by ib612(m): 3:46am On Apr 13, 2010
I get such mails everyday.

They are just morons.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by chelseabmw(m): 8:36am On Apr 14, 2010
@
So it has gotten to the state that nigerians want to scam their follow brothers? Men God go punish una
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by pak: 10:25am On Apr 14, 2010
chelseabmw:

@
So it has gotten to the state that nigerians want to scam their follow brothers? Men God go punish una

well based on my assessment, it got to that state a long time ago.

Ever since yahoo.com became popular or even before then
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by Ajike: 11:18am On Apr 14, 2010
yea! sound like the oldest tricks but i got the same letter late last week in my email box. i just ingore it sha cos is d same old story
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by titsqueez(m): 11:19am On Apr 14, 2010
why dont you play along with it. . . make we see the mumu picture
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by ZUBBYNWA(m): 11:24am On Apr 14, 2010
omo no be only you, i just got that kind message just a month ago
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by olayinkaj2(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2010
I got similar mails too. So, they think we are mumu abi? Nigerians don sharpen eyes that 1 no dey move us again.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 14, 2010
Despirate to scam, Oyibo maga don finish, so na 4 nairaland now, kai, poverty is a disease grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by parislomo(f): 12:16pm On Apr 14, 2010
same mail I got today. It's so annoying that it's an old-yahoo-line that was used.
Already advised scammer to go get a good life, hanhan
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by toluxa1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
But it might be true o wink
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by snthesis(m): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kunle-A:

E don tire me o. I get an average of 4-5 of such email weekly. My question is that why are s[b]ome Nigerians such dubious to the core. These guys are ruining this good thing here called Nairaland. I have registered in a lot of other sites and don't get quite as much as the amount of scam email (if i get any) than i get logging on to Nairaland.

Always needing help to move millions of $$$$ cos someone was after them or somebody died with millions in their account.  angry

I hope we shouldn't complain when the oyibos deal with us everywhere we go.  
[/b]undecided

its extremely wrong  and highly assumptive of you, that every scam mail is from a nigerian, haba! stop embarrasing us in public na, this is the internet u knw! small wonder the world tinks we're  all scammers, when we keep knocking ourselfs down.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by talkmarkay(m): 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
I also received the same message from my side here this morning with pictures, in fact the format of the message has been the same I received couple of weeks ago, coursing themself because of money.
But Sa, I says Amen to their Words

I don't know how these peoples are doing this for God sake?
Is it because economy situation of the country?
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by Jcob(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2010
Lawdamercy, that format is as old as humanity. Got a good one in my mail today but never fell for it. I was told to follow a link to correct my bank info.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by KunleA2(m): 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
snthesis:

its extremely wrong  and highly assumptive of you, that every scam mail is from a nigerian, haba! stop embarrasing us in public na, this is the internet u knw! small wonder the world tinks we're  all scammers, when we keep knocking ourselfs down.

This is the exact problem we will continue to have if we don't start addressing this problem face on. A dog is still a dog regardless of what name you call it. You can keep your head in the sand all day long and pretend that this is not a scam mostly done by Naija.

How do you explain very high scam email i get when i register on  Nairaland? While i am sure that Nairaland is not to blame, but it safe to assume that 90% of people that visits this site are Nigerians.

Every time i have a lot of posting on my thread, i can count that week that i will be flooded with scam sob stories. So how did that happen? I do register in other sites too but this is different. I will like to think that i know what i am talking about.

We can say that other people do that too, but lets call a spade a spade, most of these email are originating from fellow Naija pips. You don't have to take my word for it.

[size=14pt]How do you explain the scam emails i get asking me to update my ATM/Bank Accounts and claiming to be from Central Bank of Nigeria? Are those Non-Nigerians too?  undecided[/size]
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by Markenny(m): 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2010
From: Mrs Rose Kimberly <tntdelivery1@live.com> Add to Contacts
To: "emmy4hotluv2005@yahoo.com" <emmy4hotluv2005@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings!

I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your Confirmable
Bank Draft of $850.000.00 United States Dollars, but I did not hear
from you since that time. Then I went and deposited the Draft with
TNT COURIER SERVICE, West Africa, traveled out of the country for
a 3 Months Course and I will not come back till end of May 2010

What you have to do now is to contact the TNT COURIER SERVICE as soon
as possible to know when they will deliver your package to you because
of the expiring date.For your information, I have paid for the delivering
Charge,Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque showing that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country.

The only money you will send to the TNT COURIER SERVICE to deliver your
Draft direct to your postal Address in your country is ($150.00US) Dollars only
being Security keeping/Handling Fee of the Courier Company so far. Again, don't
be deceived by anybody to pay any other money except $150.00US Dollars. I would have paid that but they said no because they don't know when you will contact them and in case of demurrage.You have to contact the TNT COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your Draft with this information bellow:

Contact Person: Mr ALex Demin
Email:tntdelivery1@live.com
Telephone:+234-8074-521-523

Finally, make sure that you reconfirm your Postal address() and Direct
telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake on the Delivery and ask them to give you the tracking number to enable you track your package over there and know when it will get to your address. Let me repeat again, try to contact them as soon as you receive this mail to avoid any further delay and remember to pay them their Security/Handling fee of $150.00USDollars for their immediate action.

You should also let me know through email as soon as you receive your Draft.

Yours Faithfully,
Mrs.Rose Kimberly
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by Markenny(m): 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2010
that was mine
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by chelseabmw(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Very soon these yahoo boiz will start selling cars here at the auto section, [/size]
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by chelseabmw(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
[size=13pt]my email is eddiebanga12@yahoo.com

Please yahoo boiz contact me right now.I am interested in ur letters.I am waiting
[/size]
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by Markenny(m): 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
From Miss Sara Mohammad.‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Mon 4/12/10 8:23 PM
To:

From Miss Sara Mohammad.
City: Abidjan.

Hello Dear,
With profound respect and humble submission, I got your contact i got http://www.nairaland.com and I beg to state the following few lines for your kind consideration, I hope you will spare some of your valuable minutes to read the following appeal with sympathetic mind. I must confess that it is with great hopes, joy and enthusiasm that I write you this mail which I know and believe by the faith that it must surely find you in good condition of health. My name is Miss Sara Mohammad, I am the only Daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs Ammar Mohammed. My father was a highly reputable business magnet who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.
It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on the 20th May 2009. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of mine who travelled with him at that time. But GOD knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 6yrs old, and since then my father took me so special.

Before the death of my father on May 2009 last year, he called me and informed me that he has the sum of Six Million, Five Hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$6,500,000.00) he deposited in a private Bank here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire. He told me that he deposited the money in my name, and also gave me all the necessary legal documents regarding to this deposit with the Bank.

I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. Now I want an honest and GOD fearing partner overseas who I can transfer this money with his assistance and after the transaction I will come and reside permanently in your country till such a time that it will be convinient for me to return back home if I so desire. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I also want to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world,

I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions:
1. Can you honestly help me from your heart?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the fund has being transfeered to your account and i come over to meet you ?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will send to you my Picture and also inform you more details involved in this matter.
Anticipating hearing from you soon
Thanks and may God bless you for your concern to help an orphan like me.
Kind Regards,
Miss Sara Mohammad.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by dominique(f): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
^^^ is that not the same sara mohammed that sent a message to the op. be like s/he just dey stalk everyone on nl.
that's why i had to remove my email address from here.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by ayodeji1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
ive been recieving this kind of messages since i registered on nairaland as well.these things are done by nigerians,im sure of that.ive also recieved countless numbers of messages advicing me to update my atm.infact,the first time i recieved this i immediately contacted my bank account officers to confirm this before they told me to disregard such.nowadays,i even recieve messages from banks that i dont even have accounts with.see how foolish these people are.i fear and prayer for the future of this great country called nigeria.sometimes ago,a man who claimed to be pastor whatever called me and adviced me to invest in one rubbish company like that.according to him,he has invested and was payed a huge sum of amount about 2weeks after he invested his money.infact,the way this man calls me,i became scared that how can someone be wasting his credit on such calls.apperently he mustve gotten my contact from nairaland.the worst of all was that i kept on picking his calls whenever i was a little less busy and helped him to waste his money/credit well.after about 2weeks of persistence calling,he finally gave up.and funny enough,some people mightve fallen for him.but what i know is that the only set of people that can or will fall for that are people who are LAZY,STUPID,and believes in that thing called AWUF!and that thing kills even faster than a bullet if they dont know.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by uzoegbu(m): 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
The Yahooze is better then robbery at least since this guys start this yahooze one can now sleep comfortable without hearing gun shot.come to think of it 99% of this boys are all graduate so make una no blame them even our politically are scammers so what is the noise all about.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by abrazonic(m): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2010
@uzoegbu
so you too they part of them. abi, grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by uzoegbu(m): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2010
My broda yes ooo i no fit lie abi you be EFCC
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by Oyawuni(m): 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2010
they are heart breakers
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by master2(m): 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2010
@ poster
got same mail from sara mohammed.
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by splashbaby(m): 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2010
Na wa ooo 9ja
Re: Beware Of Scammers Getting Emails From Nairaland Ooo by splashbaby(m): 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2010
9ja , Land of the wise and cunny!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cameroon Ashawo Girls In Calabar Pay Corrupt Immigration Officers 5k Monthly / Girl Died Few Hours After She Sold Her Womb For 2 Million / Is This Suicide Or Murder(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.