Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,283 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake (18132 Views)

Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians / Be Happy You’re Not Yet In Jail – Presidency Tells Atiku / 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Desyner: 1:45am On Jan 17, 2018
Stick only to your religious calling, Presidency tells CAN scribe, Musa Asake

By Johnbosco Agbakwuru ABUJA –
THE Presidency Tuesday night told the General Secretary of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Dr. Musa Asake to face his religious calling and not to meddle into politics.

The Presidency also debunked the allegation that President Muhammadu Buhari has violated some provisions of the nation’s constitution.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu in a statement in Abuja while reacting to the statement credited to the CAN scribe where he was said to have accused the President of violating the provisions of the constitution said that there was no aspect of the constitution that had been breached by the President.

Shehu in the statement said, “Our attention has been drawn to reports of a press conference by General Secretary of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Dr. Musa Asake in which he passed a judgement on the constitutionality of certain actions of the Muhammadu Buhari administration. “Unfortunately, he could (not) cite any valid cases of constitutional violations.

President Muhammadu government poses no threat to the country’s democracy and Constitution. “There are no cases of any violation of our sacred constitution and there will be none under this President. The respected religious leader should stick to his religious duties and leave politics for politicians.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/stick-religious-calling-presidency-tells-can-scribe-musa-asake/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by sarrki(m): 1:53am On Jan 17, 2018
I think I totally agreed with presidency on this

Most of our so called religious leaders have turned the pulpit to a campaign and ethnic ground

They are more with the corrupt politician than the masses

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by deco22(m): 2:08am On Jan 17, 2018
I was reading the post eagerly until I saw "There are no cases of any violation of our sacred constitution and there will be none under this President".

Then I knew it was trash as usual.

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Germandude: 2:23am On Jan 17, 2018
The church has always being a mediator,so?.shithole co3

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by ouzo1(m): 2:29am On Jan 17, 2018
Germandude:
The church has always being a mediator,so?.shithole co3

Call this country shithole one more time again

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by sarrki(m): 2:44am On Jan 17, 2018
ouzo1:

You are a patriot

Rather he calls our politician a shithole

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:47am On Jan 17, 2018
Just listen to the senseless tripe this shameless and airhead of a malam is spewing from his putrid mouth?? How does politics correlate to the ceaseless and vicious killing spree of Buhari's kinsman and you expect the clergyman to keep quiet and face his calling which you and the president are looking to cut short through your state sponsored terrorism ?..

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:52am On Jan 17, 2018
But you see the country is not only a shi*t hole but an inglorious hell hole which must be savaged from Buhari's blood thirsty stranglehold..It is only those living in delusional self aggrandizement that will claim what we have here as a country is any shade of paradise.
ouzo1:

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by funlord(m): 4:05am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Most of our so called religious leaders have turned the pulpit to a campaign and ethnic ground

The constitution is now a corrupt politician?

grin grin grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Firefire(m): 4:10am On Jan 17, 2018
What a double standard from mouthed government of propagandists.

The Sultan of Sokoto made the below statement but the bigoted cum religious fanatics called Garuba Shehu closed his fifty mouth.

So, Sultan of Sokoto is a politician right?

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by ignis: 4:10am On Jan 17, 2018
Gibberish... So CAN leaders should stick to religious calling and watch her members being massacred like cows on daily basis.

Can they say thesame thing to IMAM and Sultan?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Firefire(m): 4:25am On Jan 17, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
Just listen to what this shameless and airhead malam is spewing?? How does politics correlate to the ceaseless and vicious killing spree of Buhari's kinsman and you expect the clergyman to keep quiet and face his calling which you and the president are looking to cut shot through your state sponsored terrorism ?..

Posterity will judge everyone that supports and make case for this government in the face of all these atrocities.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Firefire(m): 4:30am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot!..."

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by eriok: 4:33am On Jan 17, 2018
STPID FELLOWS
Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by net282: 4:45am On Jan 17, 2018
His is
entitle to his opinion
Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by peeps4u: 4:49am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

****and politicians are pastors when they go visit clergy men towards elections or hosting different clergy men to gain their followers' support? We saw Buhari attending Christian program, sitting side by side with Adeboye in lagos towards last elections, he went to different churches, was he a clergy man then?

Democracy is a govt for all, being a clergy man does not deprive you your fundamental right to voice out in democracy. by constitution, the clergy man has every right to air his opinions, and even by going with religious angle inept Garba raised, clergy men also have active and functional roles to play in governance.

You are definitely ignorant of holy books, in my bible, Prophets were fully involved in governmental roles; they atimes appointed kings, they warned erring and wicked kings, just like Buhari and also delivered God's message to the kings, so what are you saying?

And no responsible govt should even openly ask anyone not to comment on politics issue, what are they afraid of? They should rather contend with the truth the messanger is saying, not attacking the messanger.

HAVING SAID, HAVE YOU SOLD YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL THAT YOU TAKE SIDE WITH KILLER LIKE BUHARI AND HIS EVIL PARTY AGAINST THE POOR PEOPLE OF NIGERIA? ARE YOU PLEASED SEEING CHILDREN, WOMEN, MEN BEING KILLED AND SEVERAL PEOPLE BEING TURNED ORPHANS THAT YOU JOIN YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE GOVT TO ASK A CLERGY MAN WHO VOICES OUT AGAINST THE GOVT TO SHUT UP? WOULD YOU RATHER THE KILLINGS GO ON THAN THE CLERGY MAN TALK BECAUSE HE IS A CLERGY MAN AND NOT A POLITICIAN?

WHEN WILL YOU AND SEVERAL CHEAP SOULS LIKE OMENKALIVES DROP THIS SHAMELESS ASS-LICKING AND EITHER TALK TRUTH AND CONDMEN THIS GOVT OR KEEP SILENT IF YOU FEEL YOU DON'T WANT TO SPOIL YOUR MEAL TICKETS, IS IT WHEN THE EVILS HAPPENING UNDER THESE PEOPLE REACH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, IF THAT WILL MAKE YOU CHANGE, I PRAY THAT MAY THE GOODIES HAPPENING UNDER THIS GOVT AND THAT OF FULANIS VISIT YOUR HOMES AND NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOUSEHOLDS SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE COOL WITH IT

(AMEN)

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by yanshDoctor: 5:51am On Jan 17, 2018
an overall religious Muslim leader the sultan of sokoto, just because he is Fulani. incite the killings of Muslim community in Adamawa and killing of security agents it a disgraceful and shameful way. also muric that is fighting for magu a politician to remain the EFCC boss said "head will row". magu also said he will fight "corruption with jihads".

the churches are not even into politics despites all buhari shortcoming. they are only against killings of Christan community and attempt to islamized nigeria.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6344639_fbimg1512137047185_jpeg777ece7f3a83df207ecf5f5c5184debc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6344638_fbimg1512137054184_jpeg920d54098f8669c153b00eb02818b4b9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6344636_fbimg1512137068027_jpeg836cf541c2ed1edfd8dbad49dac5fc47

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6345944_fbimg1512152673015_jpeg5c15ccd0016d463d8de111404b7de75e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6364394_img20171205143536583_jpega26b2098880b0dd6b65d7fbeab97b246

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 17, 2018
I think our pastors should start laying curses on these callous animals that has taken over our govt. Look at the kind of brazen imbecility some people voted for.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by jericco1(m): 6:22am On Jan 17, 2018
the same way traditional rulers have been seen to be neck need in politics, so are the religious leaders, they all want to be settled so that they can act as if nothing has been happening.
Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by gratiaeo(m): 6:56am On Jan 17, 2018
APC government is s hypocritical evil government when was shehu when sultan of sokoto made inciting remarks that led to killing of security men in Adamawa state

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Omudia11: 7:00am On Jan 17, 2018
Shut up!
sarrki:

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by deltaisgreat: 7:31am On Jan 17, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]
Desyner:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/stick-religious-calling-presidency-tells-can-scribe-musa-asake/
BUT SULTANAS AND AMIAS INCLUDING IMAMS INVOLVED THEM in POLITICS. THESE PEOPLE JUST WANT TO SILENCE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN SPEAK FOR THE MASSES SINCE OUR POLITICIANS ONLY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND FOR THEIR POCKETS

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Firefire(m): 8:18am On Jan 17, 2018
gratiaeo:
APC government is s hypocritical evil government when was shehu when sultan of sokoto made inciting remarks that led to killing of security men in Adamawa state

It will not be well with all liars including Shehu. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Paperwhite(m): 8:33am On Jan 17, 2018
gratiaeo:
Posterity will never forgive whosoever have a hand in this evil regime of APC.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by SalamRushdie: 8:38am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Corruption is a form of dishonest or unethical conduct by a person entrusted with a position of authority

Citing the above I can boldly tell you there no Nigerian today more corrupt than Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Bevista: 8:52am On Jan 17, 2018
Absolute bunkum!
---
When religious leaders endorse you lot for elections, you accept them wholeheartedly and do not warn them to steer clear of politics. PMB had Pastor Tunde Bakare as running mate in 2011. I guess it was politically expedient then to use a pastor to score cheap political gains with Christians.
---
Is this douche trying to say that the ongoing killings are politically motivated? You mean the religious leaders should keep mum and watch their constituents get slaughtered? This administration just keeps descending to a new low everytime.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 17, 2018
I don't know how I will explain to my future grandchildren that during my youth days, Millions of Nigerians consciously voted a recycled dullard and uneducated military dictator as a democratic president.

Shame is already catching me in advance.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by naijapips04: 8:54am On Jan 17, 2018
I hope Christians are noticing a trend here.The presidency has never come out to condemn the devilish Islamic group called MuRIC even when they dabble in national and socio-cultural issues. But each time CAN issues any statement, the presidency would attack.

I just hope someone is taking notes.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by BIGTinfotech: 8:54am On Jan 17, 2018
While Christians are being killed abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by bedspread: 8:54am On Jan 17, 2018
Evil Presidency.....Evil president... The Die is Cast... This is an Evil Presidency that is out to turn Nigeria into a Caliphate....
What we have is a Terrorist Presidency....
I see Great Judgement on their Heads...
Demonic evil sultan and Sanusi .....I see an unstoppable calamity on these men

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Brymo: 8:54am On Jan 17, 2018
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose: Umahi Left PDP Long Ago / Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook / Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.