Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? (3664 Views)

Speaker Dogara,Govs Of Plateau & Ebonyi Visit Historic Sites In Jerusalem (pics / Photo: Btw Buhari Vs Gejonathan, The Obama Handshake / ISIS Leader Admits: We Are Being Funded By The Obama Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Ikengawo: 9:41am On Apr 13, 2010
Nigerians love to gush over men.

Why is this visit 'historic'. Every nigerian leader has met with every american leader that is his contemporary ever. Several times. This one is a 15 minute meeting, which is getting blown out of proportion as this water shed moment. What water will be shed in 15 minutes?

People, calm down. one thing nigerians love is exaggeration and dramatics.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by globalaid(m): 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2010
the hater, since your brother yaradua came to power how many leaders has he met. Nigerian is regaining her voice in the comity of nation and you are here ranting, i am proud of being a Nigerian now. Go on Goodluck we cant wait to vote you in 2011 after you must have delivered on your promises.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2010
Honestly, me sef was surprised at the sheer happiness/ignorance/stupidity exhibited by some Nairalanders.

Dude only spent 15minutes with Obama just like a number of other heads of state.

It wasn't like an exclusive state visit.

BUt then again, this is Nigeria. . . . . .everything gets blown out of proportion.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2010
Nigerians like to POSE! I was wondering why we even have reports of the president promising Obama this and that. First thought, why? He didn't even promise the Nigerian people who pay his bill this yet, na obama who does not even have a direct connection that he promises? Either the reporters are loosing it big time or something is wrong.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
globalaid:

the hater, since your brother yaradua came to power how many leaders has he met. Nigerian is regaining her voice in the comity of nation and you are here ranting, i am proud of being a Nigerian now. Go on Goodluck we cant wait to vote you in 2011 after you must have delivered on your promises.
Your pride in being a Nigerian should have nothing to do with a 15-minute meeting between two presidents. What exactly is the big deal in this?
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Travelista(f): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2010
Meeting with the leader of the free world grants Jonathan's government legitimacy; Yar'Adua is technically irrelevant as far as the world stage is concerned.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by yahoo2(m): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
Nigerians sure know how to exaggerate things. Leaders meet leaders everyday. I am sure other countries whose leaders also meet with OBAMA won't be full of hype like us.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by idifu(m): 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2010
u rite poster kini big dealsad?
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by abt(m): 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2010
True Talk, Obama met with about 47 Leaders, Its not like Some kinda State Visit.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by supereagle(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
It is an achievement. Abacha was there , not invited to US. Yardua did not have this opportunity . Baba OBJ once protested that White house ignored him when they doing swearing in. JO 2011 is assured. Ride on
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Beaf: 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2010
[size=21pt]Ride on Uncle Joe! Nutin do yu![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by flexshop(m): 12:41am On Apr 14, 2010
Me, i dont see the big deal o,
Come to think of it,since Gj took over feb. Na stil the same tin.just reshuffle the same old set of politicians and called it cabinet change.
Naija na wa o,
2011, anybody can win even IBB.Na stil the same tin. Corrupt nigerian politicians. All of 'em.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by sjeezy8: 12:43am On Apr 14, 2010
Its a big deal cause with international support jonathan can win 2011 preidency. duh
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 12:46am On Apr 14, 2010
Beaf:

[size=21pt]Ride on Uncle Joe! Nutin do yu![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
.yes ooo
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by EzeUche(m): 12:55am On Apr 14, 2010
sjeezy8:

Its a big deal cause with international support jonathan can win 2011 preidency. duh

I have to agree with you on this issue.

Jonathan is getting international credentials from many Western nations. People seem to underestimate this man, but his name Goodluck is no slouch.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by mamagee3(f): 1:13am On Apr 14, 2010
Jonathan's horrible dress sense as President is the historic thing.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Feraz(m): 1:26am On Apr 14, 2010
mama-gee:

Haba!! I don't see anything big about his visit. . . .
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by duality(m): 1:35am On Apr 14, 2010
bros J go see in kinsman. obamas origin is bayelsa.

ben murray bruse is obamas cousin .

Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by sjeezy8: 2:10am On Apr 14, 2010
EzeUche:

I have to agree with you on this issue.
Jonathan is getting international credentials from many Western nations. People seem to underestimate this man, but his name Goodluck is no slouch.

of course you will youre my seed, from one of my nna chicks in igboland
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by mallorca(m): 3:02am On Apr 14, 2010
He was invited like any other president, but nigerian media blow everything up like he was personal invited by US president.the best is yet to come
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Apr 14, 2010
Travelista:

Meeting with the leader of the free world grants Jonathan's government legitimacy; Yar'Adua is technically irrelevant as far as the world stage is concerned.

ROFLMAO!!!

The way we connect things willy-nilly ehn? lol

How in the world does this visit, or any visit give him legitimacy? How can anyone make that conclusion? Let me guess, the visit of the US envoy to minna also gave Babangida legitimacy? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by shilling(f): 3:17am On Apr 14, 2010
abt:

True Talk, Obama met with about 47 Leaders, Its not like Some kinda State Visit.
I totally get that. It's not a big deal to me, but I think people are barely acknowledging the fact, that he got invited - I don't think Y'ardua would.

mama-gee:

lol . . . my friends ask me why my President wears a cowboy hat.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by 006(m): 3:18am On Apr 14, 2010
shilling:

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by ubedison: 3:31am On Apr 14, 2010
It historic because Obama himself is a historic president being the first african-american president and nigeria being the largest black nation on earth,it is a thing of pride,and we should have met him before now,congratulated him and even recieve him here in nigeria.but we didn't have a president to measure up, infact for a very long time we have not had a president that looks responsible, we are now having a man who looks responsible,sensitive and presidential in words and in action-no matter how short the period maybe,and naturally nigerians are positive and optimistic,the world is positive and optimistic about nigeria,and believe me this is the kind of environment you need to attract direct foreign investment and stimulate growth and development.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Kobojunkie: 3:32am On Apr 14, 2010
shilling:

I totally get that. It's not a big deal to me, but I think people are barely acknowledging the fact, that he got invited - I don't think Y'ardua would.

He didn't get visited. . .  he was invited ALONG with other world leaders for a summit, sort of like going for a UN visit. By the way, what are we enamored with US now? Next we complain that the US is INTRUDING when it makes demands we are incapable of wrapping our most times weeny minds around.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by mamagee3(f): 6:10am On Apr 14, 2010
shilling:

You should have told them he's retarded. grin
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Ikengawo: 6:15am On Apr 14, 2010

[img]http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/uploads/images/EoQGJNXqcGd-q8Qur1Nycg/Bush_YarAdua_Washington_Visitx510.jpg[/img]
you dumbfuck.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Ikengawo: 6:17am On Apr 14, 2010

you dumbfuck
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by ndigbo: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2010
@Poster, i had wanted to ask the same question. Too much publicity!
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by victorazy(m): 8:16am On Apr 14, 2010
how can dis make a front page
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Akanbiedu(m): 8:16am On Apr 14, 2010
It is colomentality.

Hope Dr. Jonathan does not stop the PIB(much protested against by the western oil companies), the NIGAZ company and the 50billion dollar oil deal with China. I guess Yar'adua was seriously jeopardizing US's interest in the Nigerian state.

I don't know why Africans are so dumb. There is no permanent friend or enemy in international politics, Its all about interests.
Re: Why Is The Obama Visit 'historic'? by Ikengawo: 8:22am On Apr 14, 2010
^yeah.

africans have a hard time grasping the concept of interest. they think there's good guys and bad guys it seems or just everyone is good. they dont know the reason, sole reason, the west developes is to is can dominate something else and not be dominated by another

africans seem to think the purpose of development is to create jobs.
if only you knew the mentality of these white ppl you're dealing with, you'd be appauled

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Lambasts Telecom Operators For Poor Services / The Coming War Between Egypt And Ethiopia / Little Known Langa Langa Train Disaster Which Killed Nigerian Railways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.