Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland (12125 Views)

Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Orunmila Jogbodo Oluwo: An Educated Babalawo (Native Doctor) Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by butterflyl1on: 8:08am On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

That's a tall order

This is how they mess up their lives by missing very apparent details right in front of them and in their later years would begin looking for who to blame for their deformed, malfunctioning lives.
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 20, 2018
angry

∆ This is rubbish as far as I'm concerned ∆
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Ishilove: 8:10am On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

If the writer wants to concoct a case around someone with the police and they ask him to write a statement, by the time he is done, and the police done reading his statement, they would jettison due legal process and just dump the innocent accused into the deep recesses of their worst cell and voluntarily flush the key down a dingy faeces coated toilet.

The guy can narrate for Juju people grin
The imagery... embarassed

Nasty! Lmao cheesy cheesy

I love it though. I read everything from beginning to end because the narration is simply captivating.
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Ishilove: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

This is how they mess up their lives by missing very apparent details right in front of them and in their later years would begin looking for who to blame for their deformed, malfunctioning lives.

Your mouth na acid. Kai!

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Ishilove: 8:14am On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You are right, though. Today's youths have such poor reading culture, but I'm sure if it was a sexapade they'd read with undivided attention.

Their attention span can't go beyond a tweet

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Ishilove: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Ishilove, i hope say u dey observe too
I'm following bumba to bumba grin
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by butterflyl1on: 8:21am On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

You are right, though. Today's youths have such poor reading culture, but I'm sure if it was a sexapade they'd read with undivided attention.

Haba grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by butterflyl1on: 8:25am On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

The imagery... embarassed

Nasty! Lmao cheesy cheesy

I love it though. I read everything from beginning to end because the narration is simply captivating.

I loved reading it too. He cuts an image of someone though still struggling in life but still tries to keep it classy.

Like those young men who have no money but would use their mouth to build castles and images of Lamborghinis and Rolls Royces for you cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by superhumanist(m): 8:37am On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I loved reading it too. He cuts an image of someone though still struggling in life but still tries to keep it classy.

Like those young men who have no money but would use their mouth to build castles and images of Lamborghinis and Rolls Royces for you cheesy

Sir, do you believe in the power of babalawos?
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by butterflyl1on: 8:42am On Jan 20, 2018
superhumanist:

Sir, do you believe in the power of babalawos?

So now I am "sir" to you abi? I can see the factory reset button is still working with you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by superhumanist(m): 8:47am On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So now I am "sir" to you abi? I can see the factory reset button is still working with you.

Factory reset? I resemble sex doll

Sir, please answer my question- do you believe in the power of babalawos?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by TomHagen: 9:03am On Jan 20, 2018
Interesting story...
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by ScienceWatch: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Very true.
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by hopefulLandlord: 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

I disagree, this is just a circlejerk, Today's youths have good reading culture, its no different from youths of yesterday; the difference is that there's much more information to read and access these days than in the past due to access to the internet which in turn makes us skim pages rather than read everything which isn't necessarily a bad thing, one just needs to polish his/her skimming skills so as not to miss too many vital information

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Ishilove: 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I disagree, this is just a circlejerk, Today's youths have good reading culture, its no different from youths of yesterday; the difference is that there's much more information to read and access these days than in the past due to access to the internet which in turn makes us skim pages rather than read everything which isn't necessarily a bad thing, one just needs to polish his/her skimming skills so as not to miss too many vital information

I disagree entirely. Post something more than two paragraphs and see them asking for 'summary'

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by hopefulLandlord: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

I disagree entirely. Post something more than two paragraphs and see them asking for 'summary'

I'm not disputing they'll ask for summary, I'm actually explaining why they might be asking for it, There's so much information to process in so little time, we have access to more information in a single month than people of 40 years ago have access to in their lifetime meanwhile our ability to assimilate and understand what we're reading isn't any faster or better than it was 40 years ago; Wikipedia alone as at 2015 said it'll take the average reader 20 years to read everything in the English version provided no new information/articles are added, in that same year, it was revealed that it'll take 60,000 straight years to watch all YouTube videos provided no new videos are uploaded, there's so much to learn in so little time so one needs to know how to grab as much as possible in the little time one allocates to a web page

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Ishilove: 10:14pm On Jan 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not disputing they'll ask for summary, I'm actually explaining why they might be asking for it, There's so much information to process in so little time, we have access to more information in a single month than people of 40 years ago have access to in their lifetime meanwhile our ability to assimilate and understand what we're reading isn't any faster or better than it was 40 years ago; Wikipedia alone as at 2015 said it'll take the average reader 20 years to read everything in the English version provided no new information/articles are added, in that same year, it was revealed that it'll take 60,000 straight years to watch all YouTube videos provided no new videos are uploaded, there's so much to learn in so little time so one needs to know how to grab as much as possible in the little time one allocates to a web page
You're not getting my point. Instead of the internet to improve our reading culture, it has decreased it because people are too lazy to read, ask for summary because of that same laziness.

Ask the average youth when last they read a full article of at least 10,000 words?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by hopefulLandlord: 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
Ishilove:

You're not getting my point. Instead of the internet to improve our reading culture, it has decreased it because people are too lazy to read, ask for summary because of that same laziness.

you see it as laziness, I see it more as having much more ground to try and cover in same time as people of yesteryears who had far less ground to cover

I remember the early nineties when we had access to fewer movies and we'd rewatch a movie many times over which made us understand the movies even better, I can still recollect to a very good level of accuracy the plots of movies of late eighties and early nineties, now I find it near impossible watching a movie twice which has hampered my understanding of them, there's many unwatched movies and TV series in my external hard drive and before I would finish watching them I must've collected newer ones that are more in numbers than the unwatched ones, this made it hard to even recollect the plots of movies I watched in 2015

in the same vein, as I'm typing this post, new topic has hit front-page, some new topics and new posts are added to the religion section and that's just 2 out of the many sections we have on Nairaland, and that's only Nairaland, we still haven't talked about Facebook, reddit quora and many other websites that are much more bigger than Nairaland, each with new information to digest

I admit with no shame that I'm one of "today's youth" that skim through articles and its definitely not because I'm lazy

Ask the average youth when last they read a full article of at least 10,000 words?
if you really give the average youth of today an article of even 100,000 words and show them how its in their best interest to read every word and not skim through, they'll read and understand it faster than the best readers of yesteryear's youths

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by yanshDoctor: 12:15am On Jan 21, 2018
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 21, 2018
I want to know if the Charm worked

Keep us updated.

Will S the vudu practotioner sense the spiritual imprisonment coming her way and fight back babalawo's spiritual powers ...? shocked
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Olatoman(m): 7:06am On Jan 21, 2018
Quite an interesting read.

Awaiting part 5.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Nostradamus: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2018
fascinating piece, after all has been done, will like to know if S return,for those saying the poster is babalawos in disguise,we shall see if you wrong or right.
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by hopefulLandlord: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2018
Nostradamus:
fascinating piece, after all has been done, will like to know if S return,for those saying the poster is babalawos in disguise,we shall see if you wrong or right.

We can't know if they're wrong or right, I'll talk from the perspective of someone who believes in the supernatural (which I'm not)

1. If OP reports that the charm worked, it'll sway most readers towards the OP being babalawos in disguise but that doesn't necessarily make such a position true

2. If OP reports that all he did was eventually a waste of time, money and efforts, it'll definitely prove that OP is not babalawos in disguise

Number one is problematic and doesn't really lead to a true conclusion

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Nostradamus: 9:35am On Jan 21, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

We can't know if he's wrong or right, I'll talk from the perspective of someone who believes in the supernatural (which I'm not)

1. If OP reports that the charm worked, it'll sway most readers towards the OP being babalawos in disguise but that doesn't necessarily make such a position right

2. If OP reports that all he did was eventually a waste of time, money and efforts, it'll definitely prove that OP is not babalawos in disguise

Number one is problematic and doesn't really lead to a true conclusion
alright then, but I really believe that the OP is not babalawos
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 21, 2018
butterflyl1on:

This is how they mess up their lives by missing very apparent details right in front of them and in their later years would begin looking for who to blame for their deformed, malfunctioning lives .

grin
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by AngelicBeing: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
shocked
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Daviddson(m): 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Let me be watching.
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by Simplybami(f): 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nostradamus:
alright then, but I really believe that the OP is not babalawos

I don't think so. Well,let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by blank(f): 12:32am On Jan 22, 2018
In Igbo, Ochuaja means a person that does sacrifice. It's a very apt name.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by OchuAja: 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2018
Its been two weeks since my ritual experience at the Orisha shrine. I've been performing some of the prescribed rituals at night using some of the charms given. I have a startling observation. Whenever I sleep with one of the charms beneath my pillow at night as advised, I usually have this strange 'current' flowing from my head down to the base of my spine. It flows from whichever side of my head is in contact with the coin. Three nights ago it was quite intense that my right hand stiffened for a while. I don't fell this strange sensation whilst asleep though.

Last week was one of the best weeks I've ever had in a long time. Hearing good news from immediate and extended family members. Slept well with no night terrors. I feel lighthearted and unusually calm these days. In fact I was contacted by a couple of people who seem to have forgotten me in years. People and strangers seem nicer and more cordial to me. I was taken aback by a stern kiosk mallam who was unusually friendly, saying he had been afraid he had lost such a good customer like me, to another kiosk mallam adjacent to my flat. But I never purchase much from this man nah! I walked on a street few evenings ago and a woman dressed in Lord Chosen garb who walked past me said 'You're blessed'. I didn't know her and neither did she. Hmm. I was unexpectedly invited by a renowned radio host to be telephone interviewed as a guest on an international radio show live this weekend! Topic being my views on contemporary religion from my African perspective. Of course why I no go accept the invite? Never been a guest on a show, talk less of an international one. Practising my phonetic skills make I no tagbon. But dem oyibo go hear my naija accent small.

I mentioned these unexpected pleasant string of events to Baba. He explained that my spiritual routine in Benin ensured that my dark auras was cleaned out, people unknown and known to me unconsciously feel it hence the present happenings and proscribed that I maintain a pleasant countenance in public. He also recommended that I or change wardrobe or launder my clothes if I can afford to, to dispel negative energies which may have been embedded in them.

He also asked if S has blocked me on Whatsapp, I did check. S did not, which was a positive sign. I observed S had changed photographs with ever-go-lucky, nothing dey happun poses on Whatsapp profile photo, but the keen observer would notice that S had shed a few pounds in so short a time. Increased workout routine?Too much fun? Work stress? Or internalizing pain?
Re: My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland by AngelicBeing: 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
OchuAja:
Its been two weeks since my ritual experience at the Orisha shrine. I've been performing some of the prescribed rituals at night using some of the charms given. I have a startling observation. Whenever I sleep with one of the charms beneath my pillow at night as advised, I usually have this strange 'current' flowing from my head down to the base of my spine. It flows from whichever side of my head is in contact with the coin. Three nights ago it was quite intense that my right hand stiffened for a while. I don't fell this strange sensation whilst asleep though.

Last week was one of the best weeks I've ever had in a long time. Hearing good news from immediate and extended family members. Slept well with no night terrors. I feel lighthearted and unusually calm these days. In fact I was contacted by a couple of people who seem to have forgotten me in years. People and strangers seem nicer and more cordial to me. I was taken aback by a stern kiosk mallam who was unusually friendly, saying he had been afraid he had lost such a good customer like me, to another kiosk mallam adjacent to my flat. But I never purchase much from this man nah! I walked on a street few evenings ago and a woman dressed in Lord Chosen garb who walked past me said 'You're blessed'. I didn't know her and neither did she. Hmm. I was unexpectedly invited by a renowned radio host to be telephone interviewed as a guest on an international radio show live this weekend! Topic being my views on contemporary religion from my African perspective. Of course why I no go accept the invite? Never been a guest on a show, talk less of an international one. Practising my phonetic skills make I no tagbon. But dem oyibo go hear my naija accent small.

I mentioned these unexpected pleasant string of events to Baba. He explained that my spiritual routine in Benin ensured that my dark auras was cleaned out, people unknown and known to me unconsciously feel it hence the present happenings and proscribed that I maintain a pleasant countenance in public. He also recommended that I or change wardrobe or launder my clothes if I can afford to, to dispel negative energies which may have been embedded in them.

He also asked if S has blocked me on Whatsapp, I did check. S did not, which was a positive sign. I observed S had changed photographs with ever-go-lucky, nothing dey happun poses on Whatsapp profile photo, but the keen observer would notice that S had shed a few pounds in so short a time. Increased workout routine?Too much fun? Work stress? Or internalizing pain?
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? / How God Healed Me Of Spinal Cord Injury. / Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.